Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 21:53   #2101
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Uploading a few pics of the auxbeam LED bulb, the tail rack and back rest ( wife wanted it, and she paid for the bike, so that’s that! )

Got the bulb from bikenbiker and the rest of the stuff from Dipesh at advtribe, Mumbai. Hit him up, and give him my reference, he’s excellent with his customer service as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-25b215394a1f4356aaf3098770e28840.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-70527f4dbd23469182a91dce7b5ae72d.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-48094539d4934292af0fff4cc024a900.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-be3f5b6230014e29b72526dc088fe817.jpeg  

derek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 22:09   #2102
BHPian

I have something similar ordered and delivered from Zana, yet to install it (working strictly on DIY mode right now); how hard is the installation process?

From the pics, its seems the rear grab rail is removed and the same mounts must be used to install the back rest. I wanted to understand the process to keep the back rest for touring only and not add weight for daily/short weekend rides.

Also has anyone installed the bash plate/sump guard, is there any video or instruction for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Uploading a few pics of the auxbeam LED bulb, the tail rack and back rest ( wife wanted it, and she paid for the bike, so that’s that! )

Got the bulb from bikenbiker and the rest of the stuff from Dipesh at advtribe, Mumbai. Hit him up, and give him my reference, he’s excellent with his customer service as well.
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 22:17   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
I have something similar ordered and delivered from Zana, yet to install it (working strictly on DIY mode right now); how hard is the installation process?

From the pics, its seems the rear grab rail is removed and the same mounts must be used to install the back rest. I wanted to understand the process to keep the back rest for touring only and not add weight for daily/short weekend rides.

Also has anyone installed the bash plate/sump guard, is there any video or instruction for the same?
Yep the grab rail and our beloved saree guard is removed to accommodate the tail and back rest. It’s not very difficult, I’m not great with tools so I had a friend help uninstall and install. The advtribe stuff came with their set of instructions so it wasn’t very difficult. Bolt on bolt off.

The sump guard I believe is a pain in the ass and should be done at the SC because the bend pipes need to be removed which means a new gasket will be needed.
Old 9th September 2020, 22:26   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket;4883098

Also has anyone installed the bash plate/sump guard, is there any [I
video[/i] or instruction for the same?
I got mine from Zana and searched quite a bit and found nothing specific to it. But I found this by this British chap, but it's for the one sold by RE itself. It requires removing the exhausts, which sort of puts the O2 sensor at risk if not done carefully enough. I'm waiting to go for my first service and will put it on then.
Old 9th September 2020, 22:35   #2105
BHPian

Thanks Derek and adwaith;I happen to find the video earlier; considering the risk involved, deferring the bash plate for second service.

Also I have to pick Radiator guard, need to choose between Zana and Adv Tribe, which one is better?

Quote:
Yep the grab rail and our beloved saree guard is removed to accommodate the tail and back rest. It’s not very difficult, I’m not great with tools so I had a friend help uninstall and install. The advtribe stuff came with their set of instructions so it wasn’t very difficult. Bolt on bolt off.

The sump guard I believe is a pain in the ass and should be done at the SC because the bend pipes need to be removed which means a new gasket will be needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
I got mine from Zana and searched quite a bit and found nothing specific to it. But I found this video by this British chap, but it's for the one sold by RE itself. It requires removing the exhausts, which sort of puts the O2 sensor at risk if not done carefully enough. I'm waiting to go for my first service and will put it on then.
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:46   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Derek and adwaith;I happen to find the video earlier; considering the risk involved, deferring the bash plate for second service.

Also I have to pick Radiator guard, need to choose between Zana and Adv Tribe, which one is better?
I’ve never used or seen the zana, but the advtribe stuff is pretty good. I’m planning to get a few of their other stuff as well.
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:31   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

Quote:
I’ve never used or seen the zana, but the advtribe stuff is pretty good. I’m planning to get a few of their other stuff as well.
What's the point of a radiator guard? The radiator already has a mesh on it which would give basic protection and the radiator is pretty high up, moreover the front mudguard is pretty long so i think our radiators are pretty safe. I know it's your bike and money, just wanted your opinion.

Regarding the sump guard, if you remove the exhausts first and then remove the exhaust pipes, then the weight would reduce considerably and the installation would be pretty easy.

The fit finish and quality of RE one is pretty good, other sump guards look very crude to me
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 15:31   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Can you share pictures of the low beam and high beam from the new LED headlight? I had picked up the mirror extender from Advtribe recently for my Continental GT 535, it is a really good quality product.
Old 10th September 2020, 15:32   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
What's the point of a radiator guard? The radiator already has a mesh on it which would give basic protection and the radiator is pretty high up, moreover the front mudguard is pretty long so i think our radiators are pretty safe. I know it's your bike and money, just wanted your opinion.

Regarding the sump guard, if you remove the exhausts first and then remove the exhaust pipes, then the weight would reduce considerably and the installation would be pretty easy.

The fit finish and quality of RE one is pretty good, other sump guards look very crude to me
I agree on that too. The RE stock sump guard is pretty decent stuff. Make sure the install is perfect. Otherwise you MAY have some rattling/ rustling/ whooshing kind of noise from below. Happened to me and to a few other guys.

Regarding the radiator grill, nothing. Pure aesthetics.
Old 10th September 2020, 15:40   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Can you share pictures of the low beam and high beam from the new LED headlight? I had picked up the mirror extender from Advtribe recently for my Continental GT 535, it is a really good quality product.
Im not using a LED headlight, only a led bulb in the stock dome.

https://www.bikenbiker.com/products/...60-beam-7200lm

I’m still playing around with getting the right tilt for the dome. In fact I just finished adjusting the stock headlight to tilt a little lower because I prefer a flood type rather than a spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1ce35f64a8d4478fb58cecc02e1d6131.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-e2ac542215f94a81a22144fe9bed314d.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01ae24c2c4b84af78b989dffce6d9d59.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-8bdd87ee198646c6b8667d4b87b43d23.jpeg  

derek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:31   #2111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a noticeable difference between the low beam and the high beam when it comes to the throw? I am not able to make out properly from the pictures that you posted. Both low and high appear to have good intensity and will be a good improvement over stock. But the high beam appears to throw the light just a little ahead of the low beam.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:58   #2112
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.bikenbiker.com/products/...60-beam-7200lm

I’m still playing around with getting the right tilt for the dome. In fact I just finished adjusting the stock headlight to tilt a little lower because I prefer a flood type rather than a spot.

When I turn on the high beam, I lose visibility of everything on the ground that is immediately ahead and prefer riding with the low beam on. Do let us know how things work for you.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:59   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Is there a noticeable difference between the low beam and the high beam when it comes to the throw? I am not able to make out properly from the pictures that you posted. Both low and high appear to have good intensity and will be a good improvement over stock. But the high beam appears to throw the light just a little ahead of the low beam.
Yes, appeared to me as well. The intensity seems to be good, but the throw seems to appear similar between low and high beams
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:59   #2114
BHPian

I've pretty much aligned the dome to my liking now. Tilted it a little lower. In the pics probably you can't see much but there is a difference in the low and high beam. You can pm me your number and I'll take some more pics and send them to you on whatsapp if you wish.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 17:02   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
When I turn on the high beam, I lose visibility of everything on the ground that is immediately ahead and prefer riding with the low beam on. Do let us know how things work for you.
I personally never ride with high beam ever. I'm always riding on low beam because I prefer a flood light rather than a spot higher up the road. Maybe because I don't do much night riding and maybe because I don't ride that fast. Also I'm used to the bixenon on the Octavia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks