Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 12:51   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Our bikes aren't meant for the Rajasthan summers,
Would like to reply to this comment.

The Int650 and its stable mate is doing really well since last 2 years or so in Dubai with our ridding group. Machines are capable of taking what the 50 + (Deg C) temps of harsh desert summer can throw at them, without even a slightest flinch.

Yes Ridders have to be ready for it (the summer)

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 23:52   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Would like to reply to this comment.

Yes Ridders have to be ready for it (the summer)

Best Regards & Ride Safe
I was wearing very thick jeans and riding in city conditions only, although it was peek summers and i rode for around 30 kilometers. It got very uncomfortable, my inner thighs got minor burns, i don't think any rider could tolerate that. Maybe i am soft
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 22:42   #2088
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I was planning on getting the DNA Air Filter for my bike after hearing some good reviews about it and was planning on getting the Stage 2 Clamps as well. But I was recently told by a friend of mine that it's not good for the engine. I found it quite weird that I was suggested the BMC Air Filter instead.

It would be great if you could tell me if it is fine for me to install the air filter, and if DNA is realiable. Also I have got the extended warranty with RSA and want to know if warranty would be voided by switching out the stock filter.

I'm also headed for my first service and if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation!
Old 9th September 2020, 07:53   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi Guys!

I was planning on getting the DNA Air Filter for my bike after hearing some good reviews about it and was planning on getting the Stage 2 Clamps as well. But I was recently told by a friend of mine that it's not good for the engine. I found it quite weird that I was suggested the BMC Air Filter instead.

It would be great if you could tell me if it is fine for me to install the air filter, and if DNA is realiable. Also I have got the extended warranty with RSA and want to know if warranty would be voided by switching out the stock filter.

I'm also headed for my first service and if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation!
I'm not sure if a drop-in filter is going to make any tangible difference in the way the bike performs compared to the stock filter. If at all you feel it, it could be a placebo effect. I would suggest you stick to stock
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:07   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I'm not sure if a drop-in filter is going to make any tangible difference in the way the bike performs compared to the stock filter. If at all you feel it, it could be a placebo effect. I would suggest you stick to stock
Apparently it improves acceleration because it allows the engine to breathe better. One of the videos I watched said that there is a claimed HP boost but he doesn't know how true that is but vouches for the better acceleration at lower revs. Many have said this.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:16   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently it improves acceleration because it allows the engine to breathe better. One of the videos I watched said that there is a claimed HP boost but he doesn't know how true that is but vouches for the better acceleration at lower revs. Many have said this.
Theoretically yes, but the real world difference is something I'm unsure of, especially if you consider the price upwards of 5k compared to the stock which I assume is in the hundreds. The surface area is the same, hence the difference could be minimal. You might get a different growl under heavy acceleration, but I guess that will be about it. No harm in trying it out though, but would appreciate a feedback.
Old 9th September 2020, 08:43   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
One of the things with performance filters which always puts me of is the chances of engine running lean, especially when ECU is unable to handle itself with additional airflow. I have seen people complaining of soot formation in spark plug after running some 2k miles post putting the filter and bike behaving erratically with lack of pickup.

Like few, after watching Stuart's video on DNA performance filter in his INT650, I too was tempted to go and try but the cost and hitting problems like one mentioned above are stopping me in go ahead.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 9th September 2020 at 08:45.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:53   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
The free flow filters give maybe 1hp of improvement which is about 2% increase for the Interceptor. This is hardly noticeable. The idea of free flow filter is to be used with better exhaust, fuel boosters and a remap to account for the different airflow/air-fuel ratios etc. This will actually improve performance.

The filter is named as such as it filters the air for dust and other particles. The downside to free flow is that bigger dust particles would be getting into the engine. With our conditions, why risk that for a perceived improvement in performance?

If such a simple change could boost performance, why would RE not install free flow in the first place?
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 09:19   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Theoretically yes, but the real world difference is something I'm unsure of, especially if you consider the price upwards of 5k compared to the stock which I assume is in the hundreds. The surface area is the same, hence the difference could be minimal. You might get a different growl under heavy acceleration, but I guess that will be about it. No harm in trying it out though, but would appreciate a feedback.
Thanks! I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
One of the things with performance filters which always puts me of is the chances of engine running lean, especially when ECU is unable to handle itself with additional airflow. I have seen people complaining of soot formation in spark plug after running some 2k miles post putting the filter and bike behaving erratically with lack of pickup.

Like few, after watching Stuart's video on DNA performance filter in his INT650, I too was tempted to go and try but the cost and hitting problems like one mentioned above are stopping me in go ahead.

Thanks! This was the answer I was looking for. The bike only has 500 on the odo. So i'm going to put this off for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
The free flow filters give maybe 1hp of improvement which is about 2% increase for the Interceptor. This is hardly noticeable. The idea of free flow filter is to be used with better exhaust, fuel boosters and a remap to account for the different airflow/air-fuel ratios etc. This will actually improve performance.

The filter is named as such as it filters the air for dust and other particles. The downside to free flow is that bigger dust particles would be getting into the engine. With our conditions, why risk that for a perceived improvement in performance?
Thanks! Doesn't make sense risking it especially since the bike is new. I'm going to put it off for later and get some more research done.

Quote:
If such a simple change could boost performance, why would RE not install free flow in the first place?
Cost cutting could be the reason. There is a considerable difference in pricing.
Old 9th September 2020, 10:19   #2095
BHPian

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-b9d6e46f9ecc4fc0bf7f972e6b494b3b.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-8c303ade27794eeb983eb4a3e12fa9d8.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1649863cf9fb462ca30c82774573f1aa.jpeg

Sharing some pics of the Puig. Mine is the light smoke. The fit and finish is absolutely beautiful and the fitting is super easy. Comes with the brackets. Now I think I’ll just get a prospec extender and be done.
derek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:24   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

Sharing some pics of the Puig.
Looks neat. Better than Carbon Racing Wanderer . Kindly share information if source and price. How much larger is it compared to stock REH ones ?
Old 9th September 2020, 17:29   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2053482

Sharing some pics of the Puig. Mine is the light smoke. The fit and finish is absolutely beautiful and the fitting is super easy. Comes with the brackets. Now I think I’ll just get a prospec extender and be done.
Is there no support in the upper half? That is something I liked about the CR windscreen, it comes with supporting rods.
Old 9th September 2020, 17:54   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Is there no support in the upper half? That is something I liked about the CR windscreen, it comes with supporting rods.
Me too noticed. Now, if you add the Prospec extender, not sure of the stability.
Old 9th September 2020, 18:39   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Be done? You need to go on a ride to Dhanushkodi! This is just a beginning.

Just kidding, you've prepped up the bike pretty well. I can see an ADV Tribe radiator guard as well. Any reason for removing the handlebar brace? Looks clean though! Still you don't feel the need for pull back risers?

If possible please list down all the accessories you've put on your Interceptor!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
Old 9th September 2020, 21:34   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
Looks neat. Better than Carbon Racing Wanderer . Kindly share information if source and price. How much larger is it compared to stock REH ones ?
Got it from bikenbiker, I think it was 4800. The stock ones both short and tall are rubbish. This one just is so pleasing to the eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Nope no support at the top, it does flutter a little bit but nothing too serious. I put-put around 80kmph so it’s bearable. It looks beautiful in person and there was no way I was getting the CR one! Just lacks quality and finish and that’s a no for me, personally.

The prospec extender was about 2500, so not too bad to experiment with. If I don’t like it, I’ll give it away to a friend. Plus Madhan is really nice to talk to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Be done? You need to go on a ride to Dhanushkodi! This is just a beginning.

Just kidding, you've prepped up the bike pretty well. I can see an ADV Tribe radiator guard as well. Any reason for removing the handlebar brace? Looks clean though! Still you don't feel the need for pull back risers?

If possible please list down all the accessories you've put on your Interceptor!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
Haha my riding is very minimal. Family and work takes up all my time. The bike is just a midlife crisis thing. Let me try listing what I got so far.

1. Puig from bikenbiker 4800
2. Ram mount for mobile bikenbiker 4500
3. Radiator grill, back rest and tail rack from advtribe. Dipesh is a super guy!
4. Sena 5S communicator for me and the missus, bikenbiker 24000 (approximately, can’t remember) new product just launched wasn’t on their website.
5. Philips auxbeam H4 LED bikenbiker 3500
6. Trip machine handlebar wrap 1000

I removed the handlebar because it kept reminding of the Jackie Shroff movie “Hero”.

Handlebar risers is next on the list. Motone or Roxrisers from Motousher is what’s on mind. Cost is a stupid 8500 rupees but there is nothing else that screams quality to me. HDT customs no chance, same for CR. Indimotard, maybe.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks