Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2020, 17:12   #2116
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
I personally never ride with high beam ever. I'm always riding on low beam because I prefer a flood light rather than a spot higher up the road. Maybe because I don't do much night riding and maybe because I don't ride that fast. Also I'm used to the bixenon on the Octavia
Is the bixenon not that bright. Idk much about that car tbh.

The other day I was riding and a Dominar went by and it's DRL itself is so bright. I understand that RE was trying to keep the classic look but considering there are many roads here without streetlights and are twisties, I find the headlight quite lacking. Does the new bulb give you enough of an upgrade?

I don't want to get auxiliary lamps since it may involve tampering with the wiring, considering that the bike is rather new.
Old 10th September 2020, 17:26   #2117
BHPian

Auxiliary lights are the way to go if u do a lot of night riding. Maddog if on a budget. Denali/Baja if ur very rich lol

They don't tamper with stock wiring at all. All are an easy plug and play fit so don't worry!

The bixenon light's of the Octavia are brilliant at low beam, and I've just gotten used to that. Hence I've kind of conditioned myself to avoid high beam.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 17:37   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Auxiliary lights are the way to go if u do a lot of night riding. Maddog if on a budget. Denali/Baja if ur very rich lol

They don't tamper with stock wiring at all. All are an easy plug and play fit so don't worry!
Definitely on a budget. I'm going to look into that option then.

Quote:
The bixenon light's of the Octavia are brilliant at low beam, and I've just gotten used to that. Hence I've kind of conditioned myself to avoid high beam.
Ah ok. Makes sense
Old 10th September 2020, 18:34   #2119
BHPian

Neil this is for you. Just went and took some pics right now. This is after I tilted the dome slightly down as per my preference. You're right. There is not a noticeable difference in the high and low beam expect if you see on the front wall, with the high beam it's a little more lit up.

The difference in high and low you will be able to tell from the pics. The blue light indicator is glowing on the console. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1image.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1image.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200910_182431.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200910_182425.jpg  

derek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 20:43   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Im not using a LED headlight, only a led bulb in the stock dome.
https://www.bikenbiker.com/products/...60-beam-7200lm
Just to clear things, which color temperature did you buy? 4300K or 6000K

Apart from vertical tilt, for the throw, you have to rotate the bulb so that the 3 LED faces are aligned as desired. Check out some LED light installation videos on YouTube.

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 20:49   #2121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Just to clear things, which colour temperature did you buy? 4300K or 6000K
That definitely looks like 6000K temperature.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 22:09   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Just to clear things, which color temperature did you buy? 4300K or 6000K

Apart from vertical tilt, for the throw, you have to rotate the bulb so that the 3 LED faces are aligned as desired. Check out some LED light installation videos on YouTube.

/surjaonwheelz
Sorry ,yes it's the 6000k bulb. And I've not thought about the installation like u said. I just plugged in the bulb like a fool. I'll definitely check it out tomorrow, thanks for that!
Old 10th September 2020, 22:25   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
I've pretty much aligned the dome to my liking now. Tilted it a little lower. In the pics probably you can't see much but there is a difference in the low and high beam. You can pm me your number and I'll take some more pics and send them to you on whatsapp if you wish.
The light intensity looks pretty good in the pictures, i'm confused between the mad dog full light replacement vs yours, led bulb replacement. The difference in price is twice but I don't like the looks of the mad dog one.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 08:45   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The light intensity looks pretty good in the pictures, i'm confused between the mad dog full light replacement vs yours, led bulb replacement. The difference in price is twice but I don't like the looks of the mad dog one.
Honestly I’m just a fussy old fart. There are PLENTY of good LED bulbs available for even half the price or less. I’m definitely going to go for a pair of aux lights sooner or later. In hindsight, I shud have just bought the full led headlamp instead of just the bulb. But I thought it wud be too much effort and wiring. Now I’m beginning to realise I should have just paid some more and got a full led dome. The lighting is excellent though, once u adjust the tilt to your liking.
derek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 11:02   #2125
Distinguished - BHPian

Derek, thanks a lot for posting the pictures. I had done a bit of research on some LED headlight options recently and hence I was curious. Basically all LEDs bulbs are not a perfect match to the reflectors in our cars and bikes. Some combinations just end up scattering light all over. The limited difference between the low beam and high beam is another common thread that I have seen across brands. For reference, I have attached some feedback on the Auxbeam H4 bulbs, taken from the Amazon listing.

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 1877
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 1875
Size:  31.8 KB

With the Triumph Street Triple 675 owners, I have seen that the Andride Nighteye H4 bulbs are a very good match for the OEM reflectors and a lot of owners are very happy with that combination, hence I took the plunge and ordered it. Again, the limited difference in the low beam and high beam output is faced by different owners of other vehicles here as well.

Name:  4.PNG
Views: 1886
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  3.PNG
Views: 1893
Size:  183.9 KB

Back to the Auxbeam light on your bike, seeing all the pictures of the output from your new setup, the illumination on the road is excellent as you mentioned and far better than stock. It would certainly give me a lot of confidence if I had to ride in the dark. Thanks to your posts, we now have a very good reference point on the Auxbeam H4 performance which to my eyes, seems well suited for city usage. If you will be doing some highway riding in the dark, a good pair of spot 5 / 10 W aux lights will compliment this setup to give you perfect illumination.

As other owners experiment with different pairs of LED bulbs and post on this thread, we will be able to compare it with the Auxbeam output and learn more.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 11:25   #2126
BHPian

Hi Neil, thanks again for all the details, surely will help lots of guys looking for just a led bulb. For me, like I said, I don’t do any night riding at all. Minimal if I’m transitioning through dusk and a little bit into the night. Hence all I wanted was a nice bright low beam flood which I’m happy with. And I’ve also tilted it a little lower and that suits me and my riding. Never felt the need for a high beam.

If maddog is making a brighter aux light, I’ll wait and fix those. Else I’m looking at either Baja or Denali in about a months time. Purely flood. I didn’t get the nighteye because I was told there there are a lot of fakes going around. Hence the auxbeam from bikenbiker was the logical choice.
Old 13th September 2020, 22:25   #2127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post

I went for these extenders from Adv-Tribe.

a) Firmer seat cushion, along with increased height for the pillion.
b) Backrest, purchased online from Zana.

@Vibhav-Van,
I have done all 3 above (backrest was a similar but a local option) plus a few other upgrades on my Int650. And it has helped a lot on long rides with a pillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
It is now bearable for the pillion, maybe for a 3-hour ride at the most. But long distance touring? Not a chance.
With regards to your point in bold, so far the max we have done is about ~7 hours; with a few breaks in between. And if I could quote my pillion rider, she was fine with it; except for the extremely bad roads we faced around Pen city on Mumbai - Goa highway.

I think it will depend on the pillion's comfort expectations. We plan on doing longer rides in the future once the overall situation becomes more worthy of traveling. For now, especially in my own case, the bike is good for long(er) travels than what we have done so far with a pillion.

P.s. Quoting on the more relevant thread as @Hammer & Anvil has gone silent on his ownership thread for over a year!
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:20   #2128
BHPian

Faced my 2nd puncture today in 1 year and 4500 kms of riding, this time the valve of the tube had a cut at it's base, don't know how that happened, i was lucky as i was at a bike repair shop who's known to me. We quickly removed the wheel and i took it to the puncture repair shop.

The puncture guy didn't had a 130/80-18 tube in stock but he suggested me to get a new valve fixed. He did a great work on the tube, cleaned the surface using a grinder machine, then put on some glue and some elastic like pasting tube and finally used a heating press kinda thing to paste the valve permanently, total bill 80rs, which was pretty low according to the work done on the bike. I'll be getting a new tube though.

First time the puncture happened at home and I removed the tyre myself after watching a youtube video and got the tyre fixed, i dread the day when the bike punctures without a puncture shop nearby. RE can we please have the alloys now?
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200913wa0004.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:48   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Faced my 2nd puncture today in 1 year and 4500 kms of riding, this time the valve of the tube had a cut at it's base, don't know how that happened, i was lucky as i was at a bike repair shop who's known to me. We quickly removed the wheel and i took it to the puncture repair shop.

The puncture guy didn't had a 130/80-18 tube in stock but he suggested me to get a new valve fixed. He did a great work on the tube, cleaned the surface using a grinder machine, then put on some glue and some elastic like pasting tube and finally used a heating press kinda thing to paste the valve permanently, total bill 80rs, which was pretty low according to the work done on the bike. I'll be getting a new tube though.

First time the puncture happened at home and I removed the tyre myself after watching a Youtube video and got the tyre fixed, i dread the day when the bike punctures without a puncture shop nearby. RE can we please have the alloys now?
You might want to consider a tubeless kit which lets you keep your spoke wheels but makes punture repairs as easy as that on alloy wheels. A tad expensive IMO but if you take long rides especially on roads where it may be difficult to find a repair shot, this might help.

BTW, I'm having trouble understanding my fuel gauge. It loses two points quickly and then stays there for quite a while and then drops to the last two without warning. Lately I've also noticed that there's 2 points at the beginning of the ride which go up to 4 after a while. I'm starting to think it shows range rather than the amount of fuel in the tank.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 02:13   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
You might want to consider
BTW, I'm having trouble understanding my fuel gauge.
I'm waiting for RE to launch alloy wheels for the 650 Twins, which they have mentioned on their website. I rarely go on highway rides, so i'm fine with some punctures till the alloys gets launched.

Regarding the fuel gauge issue, every 650 is having that, just use tank full to tank full method and fill after every 220-250 kilometers. The range depends on your riding style, after 220 kms i open the tank cap and listen to the petrol moving inside while shaking the bike
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks