Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 10:03   #1876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Here is a suspension related update from the Adv Rider forum.

Quote:
Bike was down all week, with the following being installed:

Puig windscreen
Motone Risers
Givi racks & cases
Öhlins rear shocks
Andreani cartridges

I cannot stress this enough, if you have the money. Upgrade the suspension. Completely transforms the bike!

With the stock stuff, it handled well (I’m only 155lbs) but over rough pavement, or any imperfections it would show its weakness quickly. Sometimes providing a sketchy experience. The rear Öhlins are great, but it’s the front end that now feels amazing. The bike literally goes where you want instantly, and holds a line without any drama. Absolutely thrilled with the suspension now.
Here is some more on the related suspension costs.

Quote:
Ohlins offers two rear shock options. One is $725 and the other is $975. Those prices are for both rear shocks. I went with the $725 option, as Ohlins USA is here in NC and they had them on the shelf, the $975 option were a few weeks out as they were being built in Sweden.

The Andreani front cartridges are $595. Fast Bike Industries here in NC, is the official importer of Andreani. If you order both the cartridges and shocks with them, they will give you 10% off both. (Ohlins USA is in the same town as them) They will also spring the cartridges for your weight. Excellent customer service.
And finally a picture of the bike, the first link has close up pics of the top of the Andreani cartridges. That paint scheme just gets better each time I look at it!

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-a2aa438cf69d48148d5dc778cf99d2a3.jpeg
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 08:38   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Here is a suspension related update from the Adv Rider forum.

Here is some more on the related suspension costs.

And finally a picture of the bike, the first link has close up pics of the top of the Andreani cartridges. That paint scheme just gets better each time I look at it!

Its good to know that the issue is with the shocks and fork which can be fixed with better parts and not with geometry which is practically not fixable. My friend will be installing the YSS kit soon, he is around here on Teambhp but not really active. Will post his feedback when I get it. He is a fairly technical rider and will surely test its mettle, perhaps not the limits. I'd say this should be top of anyone's upgrade list rather than loud pipes(like the pleasant burble), the stainless steel pipes are worth it for the weight savings though.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 12:53   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
The Andreani Cartridges are a good proposition with all the preload, rebound and compression damping adjustment, but does anybody in India sell these or do we have to carry them down from the US?
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 09:52   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I know the answer but still asking...

- the one year point went past, does it make sense giving the bike for servicing? One of the service centers (Chembur) is open.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:04   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

- the one year point went past, does it make sense giving the bike for servicing? One of the service centers (Chembur) is open.
Wouldn't there be warrant issues if we don't get the periodic service on time? I think it states in the warranty conditions that all the servicing should be done on time
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:57   #1881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
The Andreani Cartridges are a good proposition with all the preload, rebound and compression damping adjustment, but does anybody in India sell these or do we have to carry them down from the US?
I did ask around but didnt get any positive response regarding Indian distributors. It looks like you will have to hand carry it down from abroad. On the plus side, you can get it set up for your weight, so that eliminates a lot of experimentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

To keep the warranty intact, I would suggest you take the bike for service. It is worth the peace of mind, this is of course assuming it is safe for you to do so given the prevailing conditions in Bombay.
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:28   #1882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To keep the warranty intact, I would suggest you take the bike for service. It is worth the peace of mind, this is of course assuming it is safe for you to do so given the prevailing conditions in Bombay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Wouldn't there be warrant issues if we don't get the periodic service on time?
Spoke to the RSA team, they said the company is considering this situation as a special one and the missed timelines would be ignored. However, I am still planning on going ahead - don't want to delay the servicing, given the monsoon season expected to be in full swing. Precautions to be taken of course.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:30   #1883
BHPian

Hi All,

I just have a question. Apart from the regular list of exhaust options for twins like AEW, S&S or tec bike parts. Any of the Triumph line-up exhaust can be a direct fit as Plug & Play? We have Bonnie, Street twin, Speed Twin, Thruxton. Anyone tried this? Please guide.
Old 3rd July 2020, 11:29   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS View Post
I just have a question. Apart from the regular list of exhaust options for twins like AEW, S&S or tec bike parts. Any of the Triumph line-up exhaust can be a direct fit as Plug & Play? We have Bonnie, Street twin, Speed Twin, Thruxton. Anyone tried this? Please guide.
None of the Triumph exhausts will be direct fit. At a minimum, you will have to add proper support brackets and connector pipe for the different diameter exhausts.

I have seen one video where a mod garage fitted a straight street twin exhaust on the interceptor.
Is there any specific reason you want Triumph exhaust?
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:31   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
None of the Triumph exhausts will be direct fit. At a minimum, you will have to add proper support brackets and connector pipe for the different diameter exhausts.

I have seen one video where a mod garage fitted a straight street twin exhaust on the interceptor.
Is there any specific reason you want Triumph exhaust?
Thanks for your response.
So the closest with very minimal mod will be street twin?
Actually I was looking for Vance & Hines to be fitted to Interceptor. Once I know the model, it will be helpful.
But no idea, it may require ECU mapping?
Old 3rd July 2020, 19:52   #1886
BHPian

I would like any silencers which are horizontal so the passenger footrests can be moved to a lower, comfortable position, even at the price of more difficult rear wheel removal. Triumph silencers may be suitable
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:49   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I would like any silencers which are horizontal so the passenger footrests can be moved to a lower, comfortable position, even at the price of more difficult rear wheel removal. Triumph silencers may be suitable
AEW has horizontal ones as well, check their website it's available there, i had seen a video of it on youtube as well
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 19:42   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
AEW has horizontal ones as well, check their website it's available there, i had seen a video of it on Youtube as well
Each of the OEM silencer cost Rs.19K ( Total 38K ) You can get a pair of new AEW's for 9k. I have seen rusting issues with after market ones. If you prefer highway drives, I would suggest you to stick with the OEM ones.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 22:40   #1889
BHPian

Thanks for information, yesyeswe and rahulskumar

The AEW horizontal silencers have product code TE 201. Ordered in the stainless steel version.
Old 9th July 2020, 00:25   #1890
BHPian

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before but the thread was a bit too big to scan through.
I am contemplating on Interceptor as an option however yesterday I came across a review which stated that the twin exhaust system tends to get heat up pretty quick especially in the city and since it has no protection so pillion if he/she is not alert can end up with a burn while getting down. Is this a correct observation ? If yes then what are the options to rectify this, I don't see any official exhaust heat shield kind of accessory on RE website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks