Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 12:29   #1126
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
4-way Indicator - Approx. Rs.500/- including installation. source: Sandhya Automobiles, JC Road.
Can you please provide more details on how this is achieved? Is it the same BS3 switch with any different connectors being used? I am particularly interested in if we can link the Kill Switch with the low beam. Meaning if the kill switch is used to stop the engine, the headlight should also switch off. Saves some battery juice for next start cycle if you were short on charge!
Old 4th September 2019, 12:56   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
Bike refused to start, made the tik tik tik tik sound on pressing the starter.
Hi, I'm facing the same issue with my bike.

The bike does start, sometimes it does, but on its own will. I removed the headlight fuse and tried to start it but still didn't work. Turning the ignition on/off or the kill switch doesn't work either. I had to roll start the bike and take it to the service center in Chandigarh.

1. They took time to analyse and came back to me saying " The Switch is faulty, needs to be replaced" and they did so. The bike started fine till it was at the service center, and we verified multiple times. Reached back home and ta da!! No response from the starter yet again.

2. Roll started again and went back to the service center. This time they kept bike over night for "Analysis" and came back to me the next day saying, Battery terminal was lose. I have worked at OEMs before and I know Quality control can not let a lose battery terminal leave the factory, and the lose terminal issue can not crop up after 6 months of usage. So, it was hard for me to believe but anyway I went along with what they said. Bike ran fine for a day and then Back to ZERO. They did tell me they checked the battery voltage, but I'm not convinced if they did.

3. Went back to the service center the next day and I was told " Saar, Relay was faulty, replaced. Now you will have no problem." The bike worked fine for a few days and Im back to ZERO.

I am literally fed up with the service guys, I had to make 3 trips to them in 5 days and still they haven't been able to solve the issue.

I am clueless on how to go forward with this issue. Could it be the battery? or is it the Wiring/Starter Motor itself.
Old 4th September 2019, 15:11   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanbir View Post
Hi, I'm facing the same issue with my bike.
I am clueless on how to go forward with this issue. Could it be the battery? or is it the Wiring/Starter Motor itself.
Seems like the battery. Some videos on you tube especially one from Vlogger Bulu biker shows the same symptoms when he left the bike idle for a few weeks. If you have been using it regularly , then probably the battery isn't getting charged optimally. Please replace battery with a spare at the service center and check for a few days. Also try to change your service center

Quote:
Bike refused to start, made the tik tik tik tik sound on pressing the starter. That is normally indicative of low battery voltage, same issue used to plague my classic 500. Contemplating installing the BS3 switch if that's the case.
Instead of taking the trouble of changing the switch, why not just get rid of that halogen bulb and replace with an LED . It would take very less power and your warranty will be intact. You can do the same for the brake light as well. These days the LED bulb comes with yellow stickers so that the beam is also yellow like stock

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2019 at 21:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 15:34   #1129
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts. Use Multi Quote instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Instead of taking the trouble of changing the switch, why not just get rid of that halogen bulb and replace with an LED . It would take very less power and your warranty will be intact. You can do the same for the brake light as well. These days the LED bulb comes with yellow stickers so that the beam is also yellow like stock
Because the aftermarket LED headlights we get are a nuisance to others with light scattering all over the place. I don't want to be the very person I abuse on being blinded. I prefer to keep the light and exhaust stock, and with cops across the country now stopping and destroying aftermarket accessories on the spot (plus impounding the vehicle if you are unable to return it to stock) it would be wiser not to. If I opt for a LED headlight it'll only be if it is released by RE/RTO approved (highly unlikely).

I have replaced the turn signal indicator and taillight bulbs with LEDs though to try and reduce the load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Seems like the battery. Some videos on you tube especially one from Vlogger Bulu biker shows the same symptoms when he left the bike idle for a few weeks. If you have been using it regularly , then probably the battery isn't getting charged optimally. Please replace battery with a spare at the service center and check for a few days. Also try to change your service center
Agree with Keshav, swap the battery and see if your problems go away. Have you escalated this with RE? Going three times for the same issue is a bit much.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th September 2019 at 16:55.
adises is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 15:38   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Bike refused to start, made the tik tik tik tik sound on pressing the starter.I have replaced the turn signal indicator and taillight bulbs with LEDs though to try and reduce the load.
Can you give me the make and spec of the brake light LED ? I am looking for something which will last.
Old 4th September 2019, 19:31   #1131
BHPian

The price hike is official now:

The company has decided to raise prices for both bikes by Rs 6,400. The Interceptor 650, which was earlier priced at Rs 2.50 lakh, now cost Rs 2.56 lakh and the Continental GT 650, which earlier cost Rs 2.65 lakh, now starts at Rs 2.71 lakh.

Interceptor prices:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-int650.jpg

Continental GT prices:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-cgt650.jpg

Question is will you go for a lower variant and negate the price hike?

Source

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 4th September 2019 at 19:34.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 20:11   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
The price hike is official now
Price hike is around 6K, I had booked the Interceptor 2 weeks back, dealer told me to complete the payment in order to avoid price hike. Had opted for baker express earlier but now decided on silver. Got the engine number and chasis number, waiting for PDI, insurance and registration now.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 23:01   #1133
BHPian

Hello all.

I've been thinking long and hard about purchasing Interceptor this year. I currently ride RE Classic 350/TVS Wego in city and I rarely go out of city on my two-wheeler. What began as a casual conversation between me and wifey that maybe I should upgrade my bike to something better ended up on the idea of purchasing the Interceptor. I must admit that I've a crush on Int 650, heck, even my desktop wallpaper is of the Interceptor.

I decided to ring RE and enquire about Int 650 and the salesperson was more than happy to let me test ride it. I took the bike out for a short spin and I'm glad I did. Absolutely loved it! That ride was cut short by heavy rain and I returned the bike back and didn't really test in normal city traffic (Bangalore traffic!). I will go back and ride it again this week.

To the owners of Int 650,

1. Is it ride-able in city traffic. I don't ride much, let us say, 50kms per week. Since it is going to my primary bike for whatever little I may ride within city, will I be good?
2. Should I just keep my money in bank and live with the Classic 350?
3. Mileage is not my priority, but, how much does it deliver in reality (city)?
4. Is the pillion comfort really bad?
5. As a longtime rider of Classic, will the Interceptor's weight be a problem?

I know I can get answers for most of my questions in my next test ride but I want to know the experience of my fellow riders

More questions may follow as I near my decision.

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2019, 00:26   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post

To the owners of Int 650,

1. Is it ride-able in city traffic. I don't ride much, let us say, 50kms per week. Since it is going to my primary bike for whatever little I may ride within city, will I be good?

I know I can get answers for most of my questions in my next test ride but I want to know the experience of my fellow riders

More questions may follow as I near my decision.

Thanks!

Here are the answers from my prespective as an owner of 6 months/ 4k Km.

1. If the purpose is just to ride within the city specially in Bangalore traffic, I would suggest you stick with your 350. Highways/ open roads are where you thoroughly enjoy the bike. No just the Int, it is applicable to all large capacity motorcycles. I live in Pune and commute to Hinjewadi (9 KM) for work, and on most days I prefer Activa over the Int, given the bumper to bumper traffic. In such traffic all you are doing is ruining your clutch plates and using up brake pads prematurely on a 200+ Kg bike without enjoying it.

2. That is a question only you can answer, If you go for it, do take it out on the highways to enjoy the machine fully.

3. Jammed traffic conditions in the city around 22-23 Kmpl, normal city riding max upto 25-26. Highways 28-29.

4. Depends upon who the pillion is. My wife is 5.3" and she finds it to be ok, but certainly not as comfortable as my old TB350. My friend who is 6 feet found it very uncomfortable due to the foot pegs being too high for pillion.

5. Weight wont be a problem compared to classic. But seat height might be.
If you can't flat foot properly, it will be difficult to move the bike around when parked.

The wallpaper thing we have in common, had the Interceptor wallpaper until I bought the bike, after buying the Interceptor I changed the wallpaper to a Triumph Speed twin. Wife noticed this and changed it to a Splendor

If you are really inclined, get it and do plan to at least take it out of the city once a month.
ishan12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 02:19   #1135
BHPian

Thanks Ishan.

My city- highway ride is probably going to be 60-40. Since my wife is always up for any trip outside the city, I'm forced to take our car. Given that she's about 5'8, I'm not sure if she'll like the seating position of the Int 650 on long rides.
I'm 6', so I can easily flat foot, I'm guessing shouldn't be a problem in parking at tight spaces.

I know this is purely a heart over brain decision to even think about upgrading my bike since I'm more of a car person. Only a few bikes manage to allure me and the Interceptor is one amongst them.
I had the Dominar on my mind and one KTM too, the moment I sat on the bike, the reaction on my wife's face said it all. Didn't suit me one bit

Once a month outside Bangalore should be easy but I want to know if it really ticks most of my boxes or just my heart
Old 5th September 2019, 12:14   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
It is ride-able in the city. Wont be too much different from your classic 350, except a bit of height and a bit of heat, and sitting posture, esp the foot peg position. It wont be as nimble as your wego in city, certainly ride-able. A lot fo us In Bangalore use it for city commute as well. Basically u can plan your city rides. If its peak hour and into dense traffic areas, u can choose the wego, if its non peak traffic time and a bit of open roads, choose interceptor.
Quote:
Why? we have just one life. Use the money to buy the bike and have some fun. Meaning if you can afford the upgrade and are smitten by the interceptor, by all means go for it and live your desires.
Quote:
Why bother if its not on priority. Interceptor is a 650cc twin and for that engine the mileage is pretty good. I have never checked properly but i guess i get about 24in city and 28 on the highway.
Quote:
Stock seat is bad, for rider and pillion. Stock footpeg position is bad for pillion. Seat we can change and make it comfortable, not much possibilities with the foot rest position. Ask for a longish test ride and go with your wife as pillion. She will be the best judge.
Quote:
You will get used to the extra the weight in short time. On the roll, the weight is pretty well managed. You realize the weight only when u push it around for parking etc.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:28   #1137

Hi all....Have booked mine last Dec but didn't take delivery as I was sceptical about RE service but seems like the bike's performance outweighs the service issues :-) any news on the BS6 Int 650 rolling out any time soon? Should we wait till end of the year? TIA
Old 5th September 2019, 15:50   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxtreme View Post
Hi all....Have booked mine last Dec but didn't take delivery as I was sceptical about RE service but seems like the bike's performance outweighs the service issues :-) any news on the BS6 Int 650 rolling out any time soon? Should we wait till end of the year? TIA
By law RE will have to launch by April 2020. But as far as it is know, there will be no visual or performance changes in BS6 variant. Only the emissions will confirm with BS6 regulations.
It is likely that prices will increase due to additional components.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 17:29   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
If its peak hour and into dense traffic areas, u can choose the wego, if its non peak traffic time and a bit of open roads, choose interceptor.
Why? we have just one life. Use the money to buy the bike and have some fun. Meaning if you can afford the upgrade and are smitten by the interceptor, by all means go for it and live your desires.

Stock seat is bad, for rider and pillion. Stock footpeg position is bad for pillion. Seat we can change and make it comfortable, not much possibilities with the foot rest position. Ask for a longish test ride and go with your wife as pillion. She will be the best judge.
Thanks @nasirkaka.

My rides during peak traffic hours are almost nil. Since my workplace is barely a KM away from home, I prefer to walk but when lazy I pick up my bike. I used to admire the RD350s during my school/college days and I couldn't afford one back then. Maybe that's the reason why I'm smitten by the Int650. The Twin.
I've many reasons why I don't really need this bike but have one reason why I need one, huge orange crush.

If at all I go ahead and book one, should I opt for the touring seat from RE or get a aftermarket one? I may also get the Fork Gaiters and Sump guard.

Anything else I should look at while I'm at the showroom/test riding?

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2019, 18:52   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Thanks @nasirkaka.

My rides during peak traffic hours are almost nil. Since my workplace is barely a KM away from home, I prefer to walk but when lazy I pick up my bike. I used to admire the RD350s during my school/college days and I couldn't afford one back then. Maybe that's the reason why I'm smitten by the Int650. The Twin.
I've many reasons why I don't really need this bike but have one reason why I need one, huge orange crush.

If at all I go ahead and book one, should I opt for the touring seat from RE or get a aftermarket one? I may also get the Fork Gaiters and Sump guard.

Anything else I should look at while I'm at the showroom/test riding?
Thanks!
I am in the same boat as you, I was never a bike guy. Once during my young college days my cousin introduced me to the RD350 and I was blown away. RD has a character which no bike could match. I had thought to own it someday, but then the maintenance and cost had really put me off.
Fast forward, using my car as daily driver but the traffic scenes in Mumbai getting worst day by day decided to purchase the INT. Already booked mine and waiting for the delivery.

As for the accessories would suggest sump guard and engine guard are must, as for the seat get it done aftermarket as you can customize as per your needs. Other things are own opinions.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks