Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 22:49   #1141
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

this question is gonna be a weird one..Planning to buy interceptor next month now im confused about the color. what is the color you guys like the most. Im impressed with silver and ravishing red.
Old 6th September 2019, 06:32   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
this question is gonna be a weird one..Planning to buy interceptor next month now im confused about the color. what is the color you guys like the most. Im impressed with silver and ravishing red.

Please don't buy black or chrome, if you have OCD of keeping your bike shiny.
I like to keep my vehicle shiny, but doing that is horrible on mark III (Black)
thirumalkumaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 09:25   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Please don't buy black or chrome, if you have OCD of keeping your bike shiny.
I like to keep my vehicle shiny, but doing that is horrible on mark III (Black)
I too was facing the same issue of keeping my black GT clean, then i purchased a cover for my bike and i am more than happy now. Unlike car covers the bike cover is really easy to put on and off, it takes hardly 5 minutes to do the job. I have purchased the royal Enfield cover and i find the quality to be okay.
I wax/polish the tank in every 15-20 days which really helps in cleaning the tank easily everyday as the surface remains super smooth. It takes max 15 minutes to do the waxing job as i do only the tank, rest of the parts can be cleaned using a microfiber cloth.
p.s. wait for the bike to cool down before putting on cover
Old 6th September 2019, 12:49   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
My rides during peak traffic hours are almost nil. Since my workplace is barely a KM away from home, I prefer to walk but when lazy I pick up my bike. I used to admire the RD350s during my school/college days and I couldn't afford one back then. Maybe that's the reason why I'm smitten by the Int650. The Twin.
I've many reasons why I don't really need this bike but have one reason why I need one, huge orange crush.

If at all I go ahead and book one, should I opt for the touring seat from RE or get a aftermarket one? I may also get the Fork Gaiters and Sump guard.

Anything else I should look at while I'm at the showroom/test riding?
I strongly feel that Interceptor 650 is more closer to the RD 350 than an Enfield in terms of look & feel & character. Also Poorman's Bonnie for some. From you post, its clear that you do no have a need for the bike except a huge crush. If affordability is not an issue, might as well bite the bullet. Its a decent bike for relaxed rides and weekend dose of fun. And if you do, get basic accessories like sump guard, engine guard, gaitors etc. Ride the bike in stock form and see how it suits you over a few weeks. Accessories like seats can be looked as post the initial ownership phase.

Quote:
Colour is a very personal subject and choice. What did you book? I liked the baker express and got that. my second favorite would be silver. Its understated in a subtle way and would age gracefully. I would have loved if it came with black rims, mirrors etc.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:38   #1145
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with indiMotard Interceptor Touring FootPegs
https://indimotard.com/product/royal...ring-footpegs/

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ghctouringmounts5.jpg

Might solve a main problem with comfort.
Old 7th September 2019, 16:56   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Can you give me the make and spec of the brake light LED ? I am looking for something which will last.
I picked it up from AliExpress based on a recommendation some chap on YouTube gave. Philips LED P21/5W S25 1157 11499ULR Ultinon LED Red Color Car Turn Signal Indicators Light Fog Lamp Reversing Light, Pair https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...7d844c4ddCtLr1

The turn indicators are Simtac | 360° Reflecting LED Indicator Bulbs (straight pin)
https://www.simtacauto.com/product/led/
adises is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 00:29   #1147
BHPian

Any recommendations for the following accessories for my Baker Express here in BLR? (to be delivered soon)

1. Crash Guard (No immediate plans of getting Aux lamps, so thats not an issue)
2. Seat: tempted to go for the aftermarket mod shown a few pages back
3. PPF : Want to keep my tank shiny. May just skip this and buy a good bottle of wax
4. Handle bar risers: Did not find the handlebars comfortable during the test ride. Want to address the issue

Anything I missed?

I have seen that there are a lot of options available online but would like to go for some tried and trusted ones. Also, is there a WA group for Interceptor owners here in Bangalore?
Old 9th September 2019, 08:43   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
... PPF : Want to keep my tank shiny. May just skip this and buy a good bottle of wax...
Instead of a PPF, I'd rather recommend you get a good ceramic coating on the tank instead. PPF starts to become visible on the edges after a while because of the round tear drop shape of the tank.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th September 2019 at 08:51. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 9th September 2019, 08:56   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Any recommendations for the following accessories for my Baker Express here in BLR?
Posts of 'nasirkaka' and 'LazyGunner' on page 74 have all the answers that you need.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:30   #1150
BHPian

Does this look normal to you guys?
The insulation of clutch cable melted due to the heat of silencer...
Currently a zip tie and insulation tape is doing the job of keeping them distant.
But, does it warrant a replacement?

p.s. sorry for the potato quality photo...
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1568008743411.jpg  

Last edited by thirumalkumaran : 9th September 2019 at 11:34.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 12:39   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
Instead of a PPF, I'd rather recommend you get a good ceramic coating on the tank instead. PPF starts to become visible on the edges after a while because of the round tear drop shape of the tank.
Thanks. Any first hand recommendations for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Posts of 'nasirkaka' and 'LazyGunner' on page 74 have all the answers that you need.
Thanks. I have religiously gone through all the posts and the seat nasirkaka has posted, is the one I am tempted to go with. Just want as many reviews and options as possible.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:53   #1152
BHPian

what is the estimated waiting period for the INT 650 in Delhi?
Old 9th September 2019, 13:14   #1153

Had a query to fellow Interceptor owners.
How effective is the long windscreen sold by RE?
Are there other options which do a better job of reducing the wind pressure?
Old 9th September 2019, 15:37   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Crash Guard (No immediate plans of getting Aux lamps, so thats not an issue)
Plenty of options from Zana to AOM to 2 sizes by RE itself. I have the Large size from RE in black and happy with it. (you also get a chrome finish as an option to choose). The zana guard seems stronger and sturdier but i preferred the look of the RE crashguard. The AOM (art of motorcycles) are also good but on the expensive side. I saw oner in detail and was a bit unsure if it would completely protect the lower engine case on the right had side incase of a fall, the bottom width seemed a bit less.
Quote:
2. Seat: tempted to go for the aftermarket mod shown a few pages back
Use the stock seat and see how you feel. Don't change just because others are changing. After some usage, if you are not happy with stock seat, you can take a call on which option to go for. For a custom seat, be sure of what you want. Else Identify a custom seat which you test and are happy with, and get the same thing replicated. As you are from Bangalore, please feel free to try the seat which i have and see if it suits you.
Quote:
3. PPF : Want to keep my tank shiny. May just skip this and buy a good bottle of wax
I have 3M ppf. Makes sense to have it on the top part of the tank and sides where contact with riding gear is constant. No amount of wax will prevent scratches of various degrees. Ceramic coating, i have no experience with not do i trust it as much as 3m ppf. In general, a well maintained and polished tank will also last long without the modern fancy surface protection options.
Quote:
4. Handle bar risers: Did not find the handlebars comfortable during the test ride. Want to address the issue
Indimotard-greasehouse had made a nice pull-back type riser of 1.5" height. A good product but expensive product at 4+K. Else plenty of 1" risers available in the market. I have 2" rox replica riser from Aliexpress and happy with the result. Another option is to go for AOM aftermarket handlebar which raises with handle by close to 2 inches and also makes them slightly eider. Some people prefer that. I have that handlebar with me and am not using it. You could try and on your bike and see if you like it.
Quote:
How effective is the long windscreen sold by RE?
Are there other options which do a better job of reducing the wind pressure?
The long windscreen by RE is hardly long to begin with, and does not help much with wind blast. There arent many plug and play options available for windscreen for interceptor, except for a few foreign brands like puig/mra, etc but on the expensive side and not that tall either, more like the himalayan windscreen. For something to be really effective, you may have to do some customization and fabrication for fitment of something like an avenger windscreen.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:04   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Another option is to go for AOM aftermarket handlebar which raises with handle by close to 2 inches and also makes them slightly eider.
Hi Nasirkaka,
can you please share photos of the AOM Handlebar? Is that essentially a RD Handle? RE were supposed to launch a touring handle bar but i have not heard back from them anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks