Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2019, 10:23   #1006
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sometimes a booking might get canceled so a particular color might be available at immediate notice.
Absolutely, I got mine the same way. All done in 6 days, but for that the dealer also has to be like minded, luckily mine was!
Old 29th July 2019, 10:32   #1007
BHPian

I ordered my Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor on 7th July, 2019 from HSR Royal Enfield in Lalbagh, Bangalore. I had initially placed the order for Ravishing Red but after having read the stories of how long most people have had to wait for the special colours, I changed it to Silver Spectre the following weekend.

I was assured delivery within 30 days for the regular colours and thankfully, I got a call last week saying bike is ready for delivery. I would highly recommend buying from this dealership if anyone is interested. Great customer service and follow ups for any doubts I might have had.

After having done all the payments and paper work for the loan, I will be collecting my bike on 31st July, 2019(24 days since booking).

Silver Spectre is decent colour in my opinion, but I personally want something different and unique to stand out from the rest. So I made a couple of renders of how I'd like to customise the bike.

I plan to get it wrapped from the same place Youtuber Bulu Patnaik got Pain Protection Film on his tank.

Let me know what you guys think looks best. I may go for the first one.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.4.png  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.3.png  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.2.png  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.1.png  

TheParsiStig is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:23   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Taller windscreen

Was looking for taller windscreens (taller than what RE provides or even Puig), didn't find with Indian accessories outlets, had to search in UK to find this.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-int650givi_tall_windshield.jpg

GIVI large windshield with fixings, this one is 50cm tall and around 65cm wide.
Hope some Indian company makes it available in India.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:46   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
The Interceptor 650 center stand is a direct fit on GT since it's the exact same chassis. Can be bought and installed from any RE SC/Dealer.
I'll get it done during my first service, a centre stand is a must for DIY jobs
Old 29th July 2019, 18:03   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I'll get it done during my first service, a centre stand is a must for DIY jobs
Gt owners who wants to do basic chain cleaning/lubing at home can use a car jack to lift the rear tyre up. In continental gt you can find provision given for the installation of centre stand under the bike just behind the engine. They are pretty solid and can be used to lift the bike using a jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190729wa0009.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190729wa0008.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190729wa0007.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 20:08   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Gt owners who wants to do basic chain cleaning/lubing at home can use a car jack to lift the rear tyre up. In continental gt you can find provision given for the installation of centre stand under the bike just behind the engine. They are pretty solid and can be used to lift the bike using a jack.
This is good information. Thanks.
Just curious to know, a Paddock stand will work too right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
Silver Spectre is decent colour in my opinion, but I personally want something different and unique to stand out from the rest. So I made a couple of renders of how I'd like to customise the bike.

I plan to get it wrapped from the same place Youtuber Bulu Patnaik got Pain Protection Film on his tank.

Silver spectre is a lovely polished colour. My BIL got one recently. It looks classy in the flesh. I just wish they had mixed the silver with black bits as on the custom colours.

Pic 3 looks great. May I suggest using black rims, black mudguard. And the vertical stripe you have put (a la Triumph street twin) you can try a orange color on the stripe too and see how it'll look.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th July 2019 at 08:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 23:57   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
This is good information. Thanks.
Just curious to know, a Paddock stand will work too right?
It would work but for that you have to purchase bobbins(if you don't know just google motorcycle bobbins). They are available by royal enfield or you can get them on Amazon
Old 30th July 2019, 12:00   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Illustration on software is one thing and challenges in reality is another.

If you intend to wrap, esp those black strips, you may not be able to get them as you have illustrated. Reason being the top of the tank has a two way curve (in X and y axis). So when you start wrapping the strip, from top of the tank downwards, the strip will angle backwards and will not be vertical to the ground. Probably that is the reason for ravishing red to have slanted line between the red and the black. Same for Ice queen. I am just thinking out loud, best would be to check with a good wrapper.
Old 30th July 2019, 12:14   #1014
BHPian

I wish there were more colour options for the twins. I'm sure RE has a few up their sleeve as special editions, but more options like Ice Queen in different combinations (like Blue and Gold) would have been great.

Hope they are listening!
Old 30th July 2019, 14:00   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
As I shared in my last post, RE would be replacing the front tyre of the bike with a new one.
Meanwhile when riding yesterday, I could not feel any wobble at any speeds, then checked the tyre pressure after a few Kms, the front was at 60 PSI
Probably the SVC guys over inflated the tyre during testing and forgot to deflate when handing me the bike back.
Not sure what to make of that fact that bike does not wobble at all on an over inflated tyre.

Also, the new tyre has arrived at the SVC and will get it installed in a couple of days time.
There are 6-7 people with similar issue in our Int650 riding group.
Another owner who has the same issue is getting the new tyre fixed today.
Will share further updates soon.
@ishan12, just an information buddy - the front portion of my bike is wobbling like crazy when I let off the handle bar at speeds about 60-70. Is this the same issue you faced or is there any further thing that I look for?
My bike slides down when going through an uneven patch of road, this at times puts me in situation it is difficult to control the bike.

Also with every other owners, how is the bike ageing with you. I am having a very less load on the clutch now and my engine revs like it has no limits - scary at times. The front shockers still throw me up in air when I take bad roads with a speed, need to find a solution for this.
Old 30th July 2019, 14:02   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Illustration on software is one thing and challenges in reality is another.

If you intend to wrap, esp those black strips, you may not be able to get them as you have illustrated. Reason being the top of the tank has a two way curve (in X and y axis). So when you start wrapping the strip, from top of the tank downwards, the strip will angle backwards and will not be vertical to the ground. Probably that is the reason for ravishing red to have slanted line between the red and the black. Same for Ice queen. I am just thinking out loud, best would be to check with a good wrapper.
Yeah fair point. If that is the case then I'll stop the stripes before it reaches the top of the tank.
Old 30th July 2019, 14:21   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

Had an opportunity to ride the Interceptor 650 for a decent amount of kms approximately 80 kms.

A few observations

1. Vehicle being pretty new, was running a bit hotter than I anticipated in the peak traffic.
2. Bike is heavy, the weight sort of doesn't go hidden at low speeds.
3. Has good amount of torque in all the gears, pottering around or cruising should be easy.
4. Could not check the mileage, but the blocks on the fuel gauge did disappear quickly.
5. Brake are good with decent feedback.

Since the bike was new, I could not push it beyond the triple digit mark. Will do so once my friend finishes the run-in period.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 03:47   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
@ishan12, just an information buddy - the front portion of my bike is wobbling like crazy when I let off the handle bar at speeds about 60-70. Is this the same issue you faced or is there any further thing that I look for?
I had the exact same issue but at speeds 80-90Kmph. Similar problem with a few others in our twins riding group (Mumbai-Pune region). RE is changing the defective tyres under warranty. Check with your SVC, ask them to install another tyre and check. They replaced the tyre on my bike too, there has been no issue after that.
The bike is doing fine otherwise, I haven't been riding much lately because of the excessive rains.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 09:18   #1019
BHPian

Collected it yesterday in the evening. Bike feels absolutely great and smooth. I'm taking it very easy for the first 500-1000km during the run in period.

Noticed this morning that the idle was very unsettled during the cold start. Even after about 2 minutes of idling it was a bit shaky and uneven. Anyone else noticed this on theirs?

Needless to say, the first things to come off were the saree guard, the rear handle for the pillion and the little metal rod across the handle bar. All that alone felt like 2.5-3kg of unnecessary weight. I may also remove the centre stand as don't think I'll be using it that often as I already have a roller from Grand Pitstop to use while cleaning the chain.

Other add ons in consideration are the Philips Xtreme vision H4 LED bulb and maybe some bar end mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-68e5c30acb084c418ac60747d54ccef7.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-f410e00ad87743abaa6571ecc8dc41b5.jpg  

TheParsiStig is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 12:10   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
Needless to say, the first things to come off were the saree guard, the rear handle for the pillion and the little metal rod across the handle bar. All that alone felt like 2.5-3kg of unnecessary weight. I may also remove the centre stand as don't think I'll be using it that often as I already have a roller from Grand Pitstop to use while cleaning the chain.
Congrats brother. I'd strongly suggest you not to take the center stand off. I recently found myself stranded in the middle of the road with a puncture and had it not been for the center stand, tyre change would have been a real pain.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks