Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 16:27   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Here is a video which shows the outex installation done on Interceptor.
starter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 16:57   #872
Senior - BHPian

A Journalist from Delhi has changed shocks on his RE interceptor to Duke 390 ones for getting a stiffer ride at high speeds.

Excerpts from the article here
Quote:
During one of his weekend motorcycling runs, Bhatt figured that the high speed stability of the Royal Enfield Interceptor is lacking. Of course, we are talking speeds of above 150 kmph.

His first attempt was to try and fit the front USDs of the G 310 R on his Interceptor but that did not work out as the T-stem on the lower clamp of the G 310 R's suspension was short for the Interceptor. Hence, he tried it again by fitting the USDs of the KTM 390 Duke and with a few modifications it was done.
According to the article, it is still WIP as bike is bottoming out during braking. Has anyone else felt that the bike is not stable during the highway runs?
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 21:27   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
According to Hitchcock's NGK CR8EIX spark plugs are compatible for the twins

http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcy...-Iridium/38524
Thank you for the link and the NGK spark plug number.
About that spark plug:

It contains a Iridium center electrode.
These exotic material spark plugs are designed for use in cars and trucks which are very difficult to change the spark plugs in. Their tips will easily last for tens of thousands of kilometers without wearing out.
Beyond that, they offer no other benefits. For instance they do not light the air fuel mixture any better than a copper electrode spark plug.
They do not create any more power, run at higher speeds, or do anything else other than to last a long time.

This replacing problem might be important on some of the fully faired motorcycle where just removing and reinstalling the fairings can take the better part of an hour but this is not the case on the Royal Enfield

Because the Royal Enfield's engine is sitting right out in the open and the spark plugs are easily replaced, in my opinion, one would be foolish to buy an exotic metal tip spark plug for this application.

The NGK CR8EK, copper electrode spark plug will do every thing the Iridium CR8EIX plug will do except add to the dealers profits and take money out of your bill fold.
Buy the NGK CR8EK plug for half the cost and ride safe.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 18th June 2019 at 21:28.
ArizonaJim is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 21:42   #874
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post

It contains a Iridium center electrode.
These exotic material spark plugs are designed for use in cars and trucks which are very difficult to change the spark plugs in. Their tips will easily last for tens of thousands of kilometers without wearing out.
Beyond that, they offer no other benefits. For instance they do not light the air fuel mixture any better than a copper electrode spark plug.
They do not create any more power, run at higher speeds, or do anything else other than to last a long time.

The NGK CR8EK, copper electrode spark plug will do every thing the Iridium CR8EIX plug will do except add to the dealers profits and take money out of your bill fold.
Buy the NGK CR8EK plug for half the cost and ride safe.
Woah, I didn't know this! I always figured it meant better firing and less carbon / spot accumulation. Personally, I'm not planning to do any modific before my warranty is void
Old 19th June 2019, 00:04   #875
Team-BHP Support

As per a media report, Royal Enfield showrooms will now get an exclusive zone for the 650 twins -

Quote:
Royal Enfield dealerships across India will soon be partly redesigned in order to give the Interceptor and Continental GT 650 their own space.
Quote:
This zone or showroom within the showroom will be a separate enclosure that will most probably have 650 model-specific accessories, clothing on display, along with the bikes.
Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...owrooms-413137
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 02:48   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Has anyone else felt that the bike is not stable during the highway runs?
Max speed I have done is about 120 kmph. It's way too windy these days. Up till 110 kmph it's nice and absolutely no issue with bike stability. Beyond that the wind blast is too much to bear. May be on a windless day 125kmph cruising speed is fine too from a stability point of view. But the article talks about 150+ kmph so no comments on that
In fact I agree with RE's slogan for the twins 'easy got back'. Although the bike is capable of good acceleration I find it really enjoyable to ride the interceptor in an easy manner rather than accelerate hard like a Duke.
Biker Ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 07:48   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Apologies and comments withdrawn. You obviously have this well researched :-)
While we are on the topic of tubeless conversion and Outex, I keep coming across this company called Seelin
( https://www.seelin.in ) which claims to be a tyre sealant that can help keep your vehicle mobile even when there is a puncture. They also claim to be approved by ARAI and endorsed by TVS. Has anyone used this product? It may be a cost effective alternative to Outex if it really does what it claims. Do share your feedback. Thanks.
HandfulOfHell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 17:22   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who have just procured a brand new Twin, or are still in the running-in period. Here's a good video on the running-in procedure and some good suggestions for the RE Twins with some vital suggestions

ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 10:50   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi - Finally got a picture that i could upload. And this is the only angle this crack is visible. Headlight fogged up confirming the crack.
Update:
Visited service center yesterday - as a result of a message to ASM and follow up by CRM of service center.
CRM was waiting outside the service center when I reached there. I showed the headlight lens and prominently looking line on the glass. A technician quickly showed up. I also showed him the gap between headlight rim and rest of dome (Sorry, I dont have a picture). This gap is more visible in night for obvious reasons.
I also told him that this gap resulted in headlight fogging up.

He quickly opened the headlight, checked the glass and went inside. After couple of minutes he took me inside and showed other 650's there. Each one of them had that aberration. So it was concluded that it was not a crack and fogging was not due to that.

Then he tried putting back the rim tightly. Even then gap was visible. So we went back to look at other three examples. All of them had similar gaps.

I am now told I should return same day if fogging occurs again so that they can see. Also I have been requested to click pictures and share with them if it fogs up again.

Requesting other 650 owners to please cross check and confirm the same.
Old 26th June 2019, 11:40   #880
BHPian

High note performance is bringing in the S&S exhausts for the RE Twins. You can pre-order them here

They cost a whopping 49k INR

Quote:
S&S RE Tapered Cone Slip-on Mufflers - Stainless Steel Finish Improved horsepower & torque Smooth one piece styling Brushed Stainless Steel Finish Removable dB reducer Deep performance exhaust note Durable...
Keep rumbling!
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 11:51   #881
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
High note performance is bringing in the S&S exhausts for the RE Twins. You can pre-order them here

They cost a whopping 49k INR
They need to understand the difference between a Triumph and an Enfield buyer. Interceptor to begin with is very good value for money, and S&S is at 49K is just the opposite. Pricing is they key, and so are the numbers. While triumph sells very few, in comparison RE twins are selling like hot cake. Price them sensibly and get volume business. So many good products are launched and lost due to bad pricing like Versys 300X, G310GS, Z900RS. This S&S will be heading the same way. :(
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 12:18   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
High note performance is bringing in the S&S exhausts for the RE Twins.
S&S is also bring out engine performance kits-
https://www.sscycle.com/feature/roya...ield-650-twins

Wonder how much would they cost.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 12:29   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post

Requesting other 650 owners to please cross check and confirm the same.
I have the same crack-styled aberration in the headlight, but don't think it's a crack; just how it's built. One observes it only if one goes looking for it. No experience of riding in the rains yet; so no scenario yet to see if such an issue exists.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 16:46   #884
BHPian

Recently got my GT 650. It's black, looks fabulous and weighs bulbous. Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-upload.jpg
his-xc-lnc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 00:28   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Recently got my GT 650. It's black, looks fabulous and weighs bulbous. Attachment 1888020
I had booked the gt in black colour as well, delivery was on 12th june but just 2 days before the delivery of my bike my grandfather passed away so i have postponed the delivery now
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks