Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 11:46   #796
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Finally got a call from teknik motors now to visit them and initiate payment process. Mr Baker is on the way. Guys, what all accessories would you recommend? most of them are not even at stock is what i have heard. I was considering the tall flyscreen, bigger crashguard, fork gaitors from RE and rear luggage rack from zana. I have a H&B top box which i would like to share between my two bikes. intend to install a pair of aux lights, which would be a suitable place? May also look at a handle bar riser? Any leads on options i have? And being baker express and white, was considering a 3M PPF on some critical areas. Anyone got this done? any info on the same would be desired. DO i keep an eye for anything in particular for the PDI? TIA.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:07   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Finally got a call from teknik motors now to visit them and initiate payment process. Mr Baker is on the way. Guys, what all accessories would you recommend? most of them are not even at stock is what i have heard. I was considering the tall flyscreen, bigger crashguard, fork gaitors from RE and rear luggage rack from zana. I have a H&B top box which i would like to share between my two bikes. intend to install a pair of aux lights, which would be a suitable place? May also look at a handle bar riser? Any leads on options i have? And being baker express and white, was considering a 3M PPF on some critical areas. Anyone got this done? any info on the same would be desired. DO i keep an eye for anything in particular for the PDI? TIA.

Off topic - But, I've booked the Triumph Street Twin (Crystal White) under the recent clearout that happened with one of the Delhi NCR dealers. 5 lacs ex showroom, 6 on road.

I hung on to the Interceptor Chrome booking for a long time, but couldn't convince myself that the bike is special enough. Of course, it is a great deal when we factor in the price. All of a sudden 6 lac Triumph v/s 3.5 lac RE tilted the equation in the former's favour. Purely luck I think.

Will be taking delivery in July. Sharing with you since you've been in similar boat me think!

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th May 2019 at 15:29. Reason: u der to under, minor typo
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:11   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Head light is not cracked, its the design. All bikes have this.
Hi - Finally got a picture that i could upload. And this is the only angle this crack is visible. Headlight fogged up confirming the crack.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bikeint.jpg  

Old 29th May 2019, 12:37   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off topic - But, I've booked the Triumph Street Twin (Crystal White) u der the recent clearout that happened with one of the Delhi NCR dealers. 5 lacs ex showroom, 6 on road.
Are these the demo bikes? Bike to bike, triumphs are way ahead in terms of fit, finish, refinement, attention to details, etc. The street twin with the new 900 LC engine is a torque monster and makes good sense at that discounted price. Personally, i could never connect with street twin but was smitten by street scrambler. If not for high price, i would have got one probably. Couple of issues i saw with street twin was ground clearance and seat height. But buying a triumph is one thing, running and maintain is another. service charges are steep, spares are expensive and anything special takes ordering and a lot of time. I guess some price we got to pay for exclusivity.

coming back to the 650 twins, they make sense mainly from price perspective. They are good value for money, easy to service and maintain, will give an experience which is close to the triumph modern classic range. Am sure with low cost comes some compromises, 650 twins are very new, lets see ho they hold over a longer time span. poorman's bonnie for sure.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:43   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are these the demo bikes? Bike to bike, triumphs are way ahead in terms of fit, finish, refinement, attention to details, etc. The street twin with the new 900 LC engine is a torque monster and makes good sense at that discounted price. Personally, i could never connect with street twin but was smitten by street scrambler. If not for high price, i would have got one probably. Couple of issues i saw with street twin was ground clearance and seat height. But buying a triumph is one thing, running and maintain is another. service charges are steep, spares are expensive and anything special takes ordering and a lot of time. I guess some price we got to pay for exclusivity.

coming back to the 650 twins, they make sense mainly from price perspective. They are good value for money, easy to service and maintain, will give an experience which is close to the triumph modern classic range. Am sure with low cost comes some compromises, 650 twins are very new, lets see ho they hold over a longer time span. poorman's bonnie for sure.
Nope. 0 km run. They had a bit of dead stock with them, and Dealership (I am sure after securing Triumph's blessings) decided to liquidate. I thought long and hard about it - and actually somewhat high running cost is okay with me. I maintain a Jetta, 20k service/year, and am quite okay with it. My main consideration was to invest a good amount of money (if bought at mrp) in something that I think I want to use, but I may not. After all, I am a born again biker!

Congrats for Mr. Baker. Its one hell of a bike..I've been a staunch supporter throughout. My BIL bought one too. Chrome.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 29th May 2019 at 12:49.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:52   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations.. Finally your wait seems to be coming to an end. I will try and answer some of your queries as a fellow Bakers rider.

From RE I purchased the large crash guard (good quality), sump guard (great, has been saving the engine from all the dirt and muck), Large Flyscreen (seems like a waste of money) and fork gators (cannot see in the pic below as had got them installed at first service and had to pay extra for the installation).

From Zana I got hold of Saddlestay (good fit), Backrest with rack and plate (good quality)

Other Changes:
Changed the seat to a more comfortable setup
Installed a wider Handlebar. The reason was twofold, comfort and I wanted the Handlebar to be wider than the endpipes for tension free traffic riding (Had to initially change the clutch cable, however, later installed ProSpec easy clutch to increase the length of the cable and for smooth clutch operation, works well).
Only Problem I am facing now is that the rearview mirrors have gone out too far, need to get the touring mirror setup from RE

Installed Aux Lights (A good quality copy of side shooters)

Got the 3M PPF treatment done for the tank (costed around 4.5K)

And last but not the least Fabricated the rear footpegs to a flatter, platform type.

During the PDI check very closely the paint of the tank. In my case there were a few dust scratches/marks that had to be polished.

reposting an initial image from the same thread
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190321_115424.jpg  

schitre05 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 13:48   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Nope. 0 km run. They had a bit of dead stock with them, and Dealership (I am sure after securing Triumph's blessings) decided to liquidate.
Can you please connect me with them? If these are unregistered, want to know if they will ship to a different state. Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 13:57   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Great news buddy, for accessories I would definitely suggest to get the fork gaiter and sump guard installed right before you get the delivery. Installation of the gaiter would need a complete fork disassembly and if you go for it later it might cost you some change - the same with sump guard too.

I feel that most other accessories from RE for the lineup is cosmetic, check it yourself and go ahead with your taste of things

For crash guard go for the one from zana, i feel it suits the bike more and is of good quality. I have installed sump guard from zana but I really don't like the look of it but yeah it serves the purpose. For saddle bag stays and stuff, zana again - quality of material is good.

I am sure you know about Bike N Biker near Lakkasandra, they are the authorized dealer for zana check them out.

Enjoy the bike, it surely would make your wait reasonable.

Last edited by psmenon : 29th May 2019 at 14:10.
psmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 14:13   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations.. Finally your wait seems to be coming to an end. I will try and answer some of your queries as a fellow Bakers rider.
Thanks and WOW! thats a lot of useful modifications on the bike. I like the RE bashplate, crashguard, gaitors and saddle stay, so will opt for them. Flyscreen i am not sure, may skip now and later go for a universal MRA something on those lines. The two options which we have from RE seems more on cosmetic then functional. How upright is you sitting position with the new handlebar? I would like to raise the OEM bars as much as the possible without making any cable mods. Will 2" riser suffice? need to check. On seat, might settle for GT touring seat if it helps. will take a call later. Where did you mount the aux light, can see it in the pic. How good or bad is the OEM horn? Horn and lights are two crucial factors for me and need to be good. I dont intend to make too many mods for touring as primarily i will be using the bike just for some leisure riding on the weekends. For the multi-day rides, i would still go with the 310gs for its versatility.

Quote:
Great news buddy, for accessories I would definitely suggest to get the fork gaiter and sump guard installed right before you get the delivery. Installation of the gaiter would need a complete fork disassembly and if you go for it later it might cost you some change - the same with sump guard too.
thanks, will definitely ask them to install before delivery. Most cases i have heard, they dont have them in stock or purposefully suggest to get them installed during first service. lets see.
Quote:
For crash guard go for the one from zana, i feel it suits the bike more and is of good quality. I have installed sump guard from zana but I really don't like the look of it but yeah it serves the purpose. For saddle bag stays and stuff, zana again - quality of material is good.
I did not like the looks of zana guards. Am sure its sturdy and very functional but looks complex and over-engineered.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 29th May 2019 at 14:21.
Old 29th May 2019, 16:18   #805
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,
What's the view on getting a 3M paint protection film put on the tank? I see @Torino has done this on his INT 650 for 5K INR; I got a similar quote from a 3M outlet in Chennai.

3M PPF is generally a suggested option for new cars, but I'm wondering if it's worth the ~4-5K for the tank coating.
Old 29th May 2019, 17:20   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations..

If you want an extra pair of eyes, I can come along (staying in HSR). Will also be able to see Baker express color in person.
Old 29th May 2019, 17:35   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Congratulations..

If you want an extra pair of eyes, I can come along (staying in HSR). Will also be able to see Baker express color in person.
Thank you sire!

Will try and remember to share the delivery details when i get a confirmation, just incase you are around to visit. lets see, usually may forget to remember in excitement. Baker express are least common of colours as of now. I have seen just one on the road, that too a glimpse as we were traveling in opposite direction. infact, have seen 3-4 chrome ones apart from plenty of oranges.

Quote:
What's the view on getting a 3M paint protection film put on the tank? I see @Torino has done this on his INT 650 for 5K INR; I got a similar quote from a 3M outlet in Chennai.
Autoservice in banashankari are the guys who did 3m PPF on my versys, 390duke and bonnie. The cost should be under 3K. Its not a full wrap as 3M PPF will not bend so much in 3D to take the shape of the tank. So it will be multiple patches, mostly one tall patch covering most of the tank top and couple of patches for the tank sides. Some areas in between will also remain uncovered. Maybe small patches on the sides covers as well. Will have to explore. How i see it is, just a large patch on tank top should suffice as thats the place most prone to scratches etc. All this is not really visible unless one really looks for it. From my past experiences, it helps protect. There are cheaper vinyls also available that one can get it for 1.5K at places like JC road. I have visited one such place, but could not get them top work on my bike. (was too hot to stand there on the day i visited, and there was long Q of classic bullets waiting to be wrapped, so gave up).

Last edited by nasirkaka : 29th May 2019 at 17:40.
Old 29th May 2019, 17:45   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks,
What's the view on getting a 3M paint protection film put on the tank?
I think it makes sense. Especially the parts of the tank that get scuffed when you ride. I did not want tank grips, so I got the tank partially wrapped on the sides and around the top instead of wrapping the whole tank and it is working well.

3M says that the film gets a yellowish tinge over time which will be visible if the paint is white. My tank is white so let us see how it fares.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 18:57   #809
BHPian

I booked 'Ravishing Red' mid March with expected delivery end of July. Got called by dealer (Whitefield Motors) yesterday that it is now allotted. Made payments today and expecting delivery this Saturday. Looking forward to move to a heavier bike from 150CCs.
slakhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 22:24   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sire!

Will try and remember to share the delivery details when i get a confirmation, just incase you are around to visit. lets see, usually may forget to remember in excitement. Baker express are least common of colours as of now. I have seen just one on the road, that too a glimpse as we were traveling in opposite direction. infact, have seen 3-4 chrome ones apart from plenty of oranges.

Autoservice in banashankari are the guys who did 3m PPF on my versys, 390duke and bonnie. The cost should be under 3K. Its not a full wrap as 3M PPF will not bend so much in 3D to take the shape of the tank. So it will be multiple patches, mostly one tall patch covering most of the tank top and couple of patches for the tank sides. Some areas in between will also remain uncovered. Maybe small patches on the sides covers as well. Will have to explore. How i see it is, just a large patch on tank top should suffice as thats the place most prone to scratches etc. All this is not really visible unless one really looks for it. From my past experiences, it helps protect. There are cheaper vinyls also available that one can get it for 1.5K at places like JC road. I have visited one such place, but could not get them top work on my bike. (was too hot to stand there on the day i visited, and there was long Q of classic bullets waiting to be wrapped, so gave up).
3M outlet at electronic city gave me a quote of 3.k for the whole tank. Do check multiple 3M outlets before you choose one.
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks