Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2019, 09:41   #856
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 872
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
4. Mobile charger: I am keen to professionally install a mobile charger on my Interceptor. Can you suggest a place in Mumbai where the people know their job well and use proper connectors and connections? (I know any mechanic will do it, but still, would prefer references..) Any suggestions on gear is also welcome
Why don't you try this? If a bit mech/elec savvy, just go ahead and do it yourself. Its pretty easy.
https://www.thebolt.club/bolt-red-st...treak-features
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 10:02   #857
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,287
Thanked: 2,326 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
1) The bike started behaving erratically and shutting down on my way home. I stopped at another RE workshop along the way and they diagnosed that one of the spark plug caps wasn't working. They replaced it and the bike started running fine.
I had related issue - On a rainy day, the bike was parked outside. The right spark plug cap was loose. I never realised. The bike did not start - I checked everything except the plugs and called RSA - it was around 11.45pm. I thought some issue with rain water seeping in. RSA thought its battery and asked me to push start. It's almost impossible with the heavy INT650. But with little effort i gave up - Last futile attempt to start - and bike started as if nothing had happened. The first service was due - went tot HSR Services in Lalbagh - they zeroed in on the issue in less than 10 seconds. I kept wondering. They changed the cable under warranty. So far the bike is doing absolutely fine - and biker is getting acustomed to the ride, especially the city traffic one! Love the rides on open roads, always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Finally received Mr Baker express last weekend after close to 6 months of booking.
  • Its big and bulky and the most noticed part of the bike, the exhaust I mean. Even visually, they could have designed it to be a bit more sleek and not stick out like a sore thumb, literally.
  • I will replace handle bar with a more upright one. Foot pegs do feel a bit widely placed and interface a bit, depending on which previous bike we are coming from. Something which we will get conditioned to and make sure to place the legs a bit far when wading though traffic.
  • Seat is narrow and too soft, flat, and uncomfortable. Hope there are better aftermarket options soon.
Congratulations!

I quoted some relevant portions from my perspective:
- I am feeling the weight in the back to back traffic. On Bannerghatta Road, in b2b traffic, I feel like leaving bike at one side, wait for all traffic to disappear and then start. Very painful to balance bike when there are dozen other idiots trying to claim the inch of land around you. I (also being overweight) have struggle with ergonomics - seating, handlebar. Enough said about them. I have used risers from BikeNBiker and its much better to hold handles now. Still nothing close to my liking. I definitely need a taller and more relaxed riding position - I was used to TBT500 riding position.
- Footpegs is no more an issue - I am very much used to them.
- The other day I saw GT touring seat - that appeared to be much better. Not sure if I should get it for the cost it is advertised or consider local shop for upgrading its cushion, base etc. [Referred to Rao Seat video on youtube.]

By the way, I got my INT650 in orange crush colour on May 27, completed 500Kms and got first service done on Monday this week (June 10).

And the most important part - I have been glued to this thread and thanks for tons of advice, observations etc - helped me immensely. So heartfelt gratitude for all of the posts on this thread!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 11:30   #858
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 954
Thanked: 944 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
- I am feeling the weight in the back to back traffic. On Bannerghatta Road, in b2b traffic, I feel like leaving bike at one side, wait for all traffic to disappear and then start. Very painful to balance bike when there are dozen other idiots trying to claim the inch of land around you. I (also being overweight) have struggle with ergonomics - seating, handlebar. Enough said about them
The weight of the bike is only relative and you coming from TB500 should not feel much as the weight difference between the bikes could be just around 15-18 kgs. Also, when the bike is upright and not leaning, the weight is manageable, even in slow moving/crawling traffic. Wondering why are you having issues with weight of the bike. Of-course its a heavy bike at 200 kgs, and will not handle as commuters but Its not all that bad. Am sure you will get used to the weight, over time. For the handlebar, 'art of motorcycles' bangalore, have a handlebar which is bit wider and much taller. I have only seen pics and it does look comfortable. You could explore that too.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 13:18   #859
BHPian
 
greenoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Thane
Posts: 43
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

There was some news about a software update for RE twins [link:https://gaadiwaadi.com/official-roya...oftware-soon/].
Our 650 WhatsApp group checked the authenticity of this news with the SA, who in turn followed up with RE. Attaching a screenshot of the response, which mentions that there is an update available but it will help only those planning a trip to Ladakh! I think its RE trying to address the issues that few 650s had at higher altitudes.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-78496941a693420a97af9e653dbfe703.jpeg  

greenoval is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2019, 00:31   #860
BHPian
 
Snehal Sekhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 702 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

I've ridden around 1000 Kms after removing the tubes and getting the Outex tubeless conversion kit installed on Lady Marmalade. The Outex is holding well and air loss in a week is just 2 -3 psi. I've had a puncture too, on my ride back from Chennai, and didn't realise it until the next day when I went to fill in air. There was a loss of 10psi, but the tyre was not completely flat. Though expensive, it's serving my purpose.


The speedometer is behaving erratic though. After I cross 60kmph, the speedo needle oscillates between the 60-80 kmph mark. It doesn't go beyond that. Took Lady Marmalade to the SVC on Wednesday and they said that it was a sensor issue and the sensor had to be replaced. They didn't have the part and have ordered for it and will take around a month for it to come.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 09:56   #861
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SBC/MAA
Posts: 1,966
Thanked: 2,323 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I've ridden around 1000 Kms after removing the tubes and getting the Outex tubeless conversion kit installed on Lady Marmalade. ... Though expensive, it's serving my purpose.
Planning on getting this done in the near future; if you don't mind, can you share the cost and place of installation details?
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2019, 20:11   #862
Senior - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 3,180 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

The GT650 finally gets the Vitesse treatment. Here are some lovely pictures from France, courtesy the Facebook page of Tendance Roadster.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-64396188_10157346909659176_828761875893190656_n.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-64288322_10157346909649176_4233969367303323648_n.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-64292007_10157346909594176_4537252667524644864_n.jpg

Name:  64322196_10157346909564176_5389362406545686528_n.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  91.6 KB
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2019, 22:52   #863
BHPian
 
Snehal Sekhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 702 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Planning on getting this done in the near future; if you don't mind, can you share the cost and place of installation details?
I got the Outex from Bikenbiker, Wilson Garden, Bangalore. They have an online store as well https://www.bikenbiker.com. The outex cost me Rs.14,000. The installation was done at Gear Gear motorcycles and they charged Rs.5,000. You'll have to leave the bike with them for at least a day or two. Once they get the outex fixed, they'll need to check for any leaks and drop in air pressure. Gear Gear motorcycles is on the ground floor and Bikenbiker is on the first floor of the same building.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 06:40   #864
BHPian
 
adises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

According to Hitchcock's NGK CR8EIX spark plugs are compatible for the twins



http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcy...-Iridium/38524
adises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 12:22   #865
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 954
Thanked: 944 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
I got the Outex from Bikenbiker, Wilson Garden, Bangalore. They have an online store as well https://www.bikenbiker.com. The outex cost me Rs.14,000. The installation was done at Gear Gear motorcycles and they charged Rs.5,000. You'll have to leave the bike with them for at least a day or two. Once they get the outex fixed, they'll need to check for any leaks and drop in air pressure. Gear Gear motorcycles is on the ground floor and Bikenbiker is on the first floor of the same building.
Outex is way expensive. 19K for a tubeless conversion is just not palatable. Wish they could brink the cost down as there will be a lot of 650 twins interested in the conversion. Personally, i would prefer the look of oem wire rims on my interceptor over the alloys, if i could have them converted to tubeless type. Digging a bit deep reveals that there are tapes from the likes of 3M and many DIY videos on net where people have successfully converted wired rims to tubeless type, with fraction of the cost of kits like outex. It does not appear to be rocket science, a bit of caution and seems attempt-able. Just need some push to make up mind and give it a shot.
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 12:28   #866
Senior - BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,166
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Outex is way expensive. 19K for a tubeless conversion is just not palatable. Wish they could brink the cost down as there will be a lot of 650 twins interested in the conversion. Personally, i would prefer the look of oem wire rims on my interceptor over the alloys, if i could have them converted to tubeless type. Digging a bit deep reveals that there are tapes from the likes of 3M and many DIY videos on net where people have successfully converted wired rims to tubeless type, with fraction of the cost of kits like outex. It does not appear to be rocket science, a bit of caution and seems attempt-able. Just need some push to make up mind and give it a shot.
With the kind of speeds the 650 twins are capable of - would you really want to live with some kind of jugaad solution on something as critical as tires ? What if at speed you have a sudden deflation because one of the 3M tapes failed ?

I would strongly suggest either go for a trusted/tested solution like Outex or wait for RE official alloys to come out.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 12:42   #867
Team-BHP Support
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: India
Posts: 11,966
Thanked: 31,487 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
With the kind of speeds the 650 twins are capable of - would you really want to live with some kind of jugaad solution on something as critical as tires ?
Isn't the outex kit a branded jugaad anyways? It's just a plastic tape!

3M is the industry leader in such stuff. Won't be surprised if Outex themselves source the tapes from 3M.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th June 2019 at 12:46.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 12:45   #868
Senior - BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,166
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't the outex kit a branded jugaad anyways? It's just a plastic tape!
Well - i am hoping its more than a jugaad. Its supposed to have better/stronger glue than the normal 3M tapes. Besides its been tested quite bit.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 12:58   #869
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 954
Thanked: 944 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
With the kind of speeds the 650 twins are capable of - would you really want to live with some kind of jugaad solution on something as critical as tires ? What if at speed you have a sudden deflation because one of the 3M tapes failed ?

I would strongly suggest either go for a trusted/tested solution like Outex or wait for RE official alloys to come out.

Who said jugaad! 3M products are being used in-place of fasteners in aviation industry. Probably Outex is also re-branded 3M product. If its one adhesive company i would have to trust my life with, it will be 3M. As for application of the same on the rim, i have gone through many videos, online discussion forums and have spoken to a person who recently executed an outex kit onto a rim, and its really not that difficult. Just need right set of products & equipment and prepare the surface well. Outex is been a niche product in India with limited sale mainly due to the high price. A few garages here who gets to apply them also do it once in a blue moon so lack expertise which is gained with frequency of repeated jobs. And there is no guarantee on the attempt being successful. As for the sudden deflation, that can happen with a tube burst too, or with a big puncture. Post application of sealant tape, there are some checks and processes which gives a fair idea about if the job was successful or not. It takes a few days of testing such as over-inflation, rest, check for pressure drop, repeat, then ride a bit in controlled environment over varied surface, check for pressure drop, etc. I like DIY and by looking at the videos, going through online forums on the subject, talking to a mechanic, i feel confident enough to attempt it myself, along with a trusted mechanic for support and space. Of course all this is easier said than done and that is where i mentioned earlier that a push is required.


Quote:
Well - i am hoping its more than a jugaad. Its supposed to have better/stronger glue than the normal 3M tapes. Besides its been tested quite bit.
Normal 3m tapes? Who ever said that!! :O Please go through this thread, sharing link below:


https://advrider.com/f/threads/3m-44...rsion.1147330/

Last edited by nasirkaka : 18th June 2019 at 13:03.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 14:23   #870
Senior - BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,166
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Who said jugaad! 3M products are being used in-place of fasteners in aviation industry. Probably Outex is also re-branded 3M product. If its one adhesive company i would have to trust my life with, it will be 3M. As for application of the same on the rim, i have gone through many videos, online discussion forums and have spoken to a person who recently executed an outex kit onto a rim, and its really not that difficult. Just need right set of products & equipment and prepare the surface well. Outex is been a niche product in India with limited sale mainly due to the high price. A few garages here who gets to apply them also do it once in a blue moon so lack expertise which is gained with frequency of repeated jobs. And there is no guarantee on the attempt being successful. As for the sudden deflation, that can happen with a tube burst too, or with a big puncture. Post application of sealant tape, there are some checks and processes which gives a fair idea about if the job was successful or not. It takes a few days of testing such as over-inflation, rest, check for pressure drop, repeat, then ride a bit in controlled environment over varied surface, check for pressure drop, etc. I like DIY and by looking at the videos, going through online forums on the subject, talking to a mechanic, i feel confident enough to attempt it myself, along with a trusted mechanic for support and space. Of course all this is easier said than done and that is where i mentioned earlier that a push is required.


Normal 3m tapes? Who ever said that!! :O Please go through this thread, sharing link below:


https://advrider.com/f/threads/3m-44...rsion.1147330/
Apologies and comments withdrawn. You obviously have this well researched :-)
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eider CFMoto 650 NK: Did someone just say 650 twin & 3.37 lakh in the same sentence? bik1906 Motorbikes 11 5th March 2019 22:06
The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs TusharK Superbikes & Imports 854 6th December 2018 09:27
Rumour: Royal Enfield working on new Classic, new Thunderbird and a 600-650 cc twin-cylinder a4anurag Motorbikes 16 10th May 2016 15:49
Royal Enfield Interceptor shrini78 Motorbikes 26 28th April 2015 07:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks