Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 11:57   #1606
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hello All

Is it necessary to change the engine oil at the 5000 km checkup . The technician mentioned that a top up is enough and that too only if there is an decrease in levels . There is a constant debate on whether the oil needs to be changed . It fully synthetic and has been changed at the 550 km mark . So i dont see the reason. I maybe wrong. Please shed some light on this. TIA
Old 8th January 2020, 12:58   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianuoui View Post
Thank you sir!
I am indeed aboard the hype train, and i must say, it's be a good ride so far! Got myself the RR and have put about 5K Kms on it since June.
Damn, very good mods mate. I know multiple people who want to change the suspension setup. Let us know the final setup which you like and is good at handling and ride quality. Good luck for the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hello All
Is it necessary to change the engine oil at the 5000 km checkup . The technician mentioned that a top up is enough and that too only if there is an decrease in levels . There is a constant debate on whether the oil needs to be changed . It fully synthetic and has been changed at the 550 km mark . So i don't see the reason. I maybe wrong. Please shed some light on this. TIA
The technician is right, but it is up to you. You can change the oil at 5K mark if you are unsure and need a peace of mind. I personally change oil around 7.5-8K mark. It depends what is the condition of your oil too.

For eg. You ride your car or bike most of the time in heavy traffic, your km running is around 500km but drive the vehicle at crawling speeds or is stationary with engine on. This might be equal to driving 1000km in no traffic or highways.

Check the condition of the oil and then take the call.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 19:26   #1608
BHPian

Some Praise: Cruiser’s 2019 Bike of The Year, The Royal Enfield INT650

Quote:
This retro standard has performance, refinement, and a sweet price tag.
Quote:
This bike does everything pretty darn well, and we really think it has the potential to jump over to European and American markets. From what we have seen already…people want to ride these bikes!
highlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 01:46   #1609
BHPian

Adding few pics after attaching the Himalayan windshield. I still have to bend a bit but it was helpful during my drive. Some weekends I drive through my cousins rubber and pepper estate ( kind of forest ), installed hand guards and grill. I still prefer the looks without any add on items. I purchased mobile holder from bobogears and this is the best compact holder I've ever used in my life.

The only issue I face is the slight thud sound coming the front suspension at low speeds. I dont hear it when I use my full face helmet as wind noise is more prominent.

With kids around, the fuel tank might get scratched easily. Dealer had promised to provide free ppf during purchase. As ppf will turn yellowish after some time, I have still not decided whether to go for it or not. Has anyone tried ppf on Baker Express?
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-photo20191127155740.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_4767.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_4883.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 9th January 2020 at 01:54.
rahulskumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 05:58   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Adding few pics after attaching the Himalayan windshield. I still have to bend a bit but it was helpful during my drive.
Been on the fence for this for a while - how's the windshield helpful on long(er) rides? I rode the Himalayan for 2 weeks and although I loved the bike, I couldn't figure out if the windshield made any difference. Like you; I prefer the stock look of the bike so haven't gone for it yet.

And I see a holder on the side of the front light; was that required for the windshield or more for the light grill?
Old 9th January 2020, 09:37   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Been on the fence for this for a while - how's the windshield helpful on long(er) rides? I rode the Himalayan for 2 weeks and although I loved the bike, I couldn't figure out if the windshield made any difference. Like you; I prefer the stock look of the bike so haven't gone for it yet.

And I see a holder on the side of the front light; was that required for the windshield or more for the light grill?

There is a huge difference when driven above 80. I have to bend down a bit to avoid the wind blast. Depends on how tall you are, if I sit properly, it hits above my chin area. If you are riding within city limits, don't go for this set up. I rarely drive within city limits. The windshield mount and grill are held together with the single nut that holds the headlamp cluster. The other end is floating. Unlike the original windshield that comes with the interceptor as an accessory, we need not remove the wiring of side indicators. This set up is proper plug and play type, can be removed easily when not needed. Even the hand guards ( aluminum type ) are useful only when I do not wear gloves

Last edited by rahulskumar : 9th January 2020 at 09:46.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 11:16   #1612
BHPian

So it's been almost a week owning the Continental GT and it has been a mixed experience. I have even fitted the AEW exhausts which sound like stock when ridden sedately but is loud enough when accelerating enthusiastically with the baffles(for me) to not get in trouble with the coppers. I have not removed the baffles as i am satisfied with the exhaust note.
A couple of says ago i had gone on a ride to Mahabaleshwar and i found out that the commited riding position and the soft front suspension do not go well together! The motorcycle has the tendency to bob up and down and it is not confidence inspiring at all, the Continental GT needs some stiffer springs!
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:00   #1613
BHPian

So it's official from dealers that there are no 2020 made BS4 twins. BS6 bikes can be booked at 10k with dealers (Received call from a Pune dealer). No details of the BS6 bikes are reveled yet including the prices. Some BS4 bikes are being circulated among dealers, rest stock is at very low volumes.

Expectations for BS6 bikes are many but I don't think it'll be a drastic change from the current bike. What do you guys think?

--surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 10:16   #1614
BHPian

Any suggestions on a decent backrest for the interceptor? For the pillion of course.
Old 16th January 2020, 22:13   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
So it's official from dealers that there are no 2020 made BS4 twins. BS6 bikes can be booked at 10k with dealers (Received call from a Pune dealer). No details of the BS6 bikes are reveled yet including the prices. Some BS4 bikes are being circulated among dealers, rest stock is at very low volumes.

Expectations for BS6 bikes are many but I don't think it'll be a drastic change from the current bike. What do you guys think?

--surjaonwheelz
I think there could be marginal reduction in power and torque. May be not noticible enough in real world riding conditions. No idea on pricing. If someone is looking to buy an Interceptor now, I feel it's a good idea to book a BS6 instead of looking around for a 2019 model.
Biker Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 23:10   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Is it possible to buy this off the counter at any RE dealership ? TIA
Yes you can! Any RE outlet should sell you these!
Old 17th January 2020, 12:36   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
No details of the BS6 bikes are reveled yet including the prices.
As per Zigwheels, most of the BS4 stock has been sold out and we should expect a price increase of around 8000/- to 10,000/- depending on the models.

Link to the article: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...old-out/36859/

Also, there is rumors about RE introducing new colors for the BS6 variants. While I couldn’t find any news articles or images online, I got these two pics from an Instagram story. This was posted by an RE rider and a YouTuber, RidewithRaj. Sharing it on the forum for the benefit of others.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bs6gtnewcolor1.png

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bs6gtnewcolor2.png

Ride safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 13:08   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post

Also, there is rumors about RE introducing new colors for the BS6 variants. While I couldn’t find any news articles or images online, I got these two pics from an Instagram story.
Could be post processing done, but seems unlikely. In the event these colors are coming out, it should be an excellent addition to the existing options - that matte finish black color looks gorgeous, with the black silencer kits! I'm sure there would be folks ready to pay a premium for that finish!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 13:12   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Could be post processing done
The second image I shared certainly looks like a processed or heavily edited with filters but the first once certainly looks like an actual image without too many edits.
Old 17th January 2020, 15:07   #1620
BHPian

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-capture1.png

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-capture.png

These are dealer level customization. Check the comments. But it does look dope and fab. Silencers are SS which are official accessories sold at some places.

I would envy if this thing pulls next to my Silver INT on a stop light

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks