Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 14:30   #1711
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Motocaan, a company based in Belgaum, makes some very nice pegs for the Interceptor.

Sharing the product link here

Looks like a decent option with a purpose built plate on top of the existing unit as pointed out by the hawk eyes of nasirkaka. They are for Rs. 1,875 currently on Sale (only 5 pairs in stock)

Happy off-roading!

--surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 14th February 2020 at 14:40. Reason: added observation from fellow bhpian!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 18:55   #1712
BHPian

So it is Valentine's day so i decided to spend time with my Valentine- My Black Widow
Went on a ride to Aamby Valley City, basically i touched the gate and returned back. This was a ride to unleash the full capabilities of the motorcycle of the motorcycles so a lot of corners were involved(Now that I rephrase this sentence it sounds double meaning).

Just before the exciting corners start.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200214143139.jpg
Just before Aamby Valley City, i realised my picture skills are absolutely dreadful when i clicked these pictures
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200214140847min.jpg
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200214140917min.jpg

After having fun with the Valentine it was time for some chocolate!Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200214143519.jpg

Almost no chicken strips remaining. If i had only one problem with the tyre, it has to be the wobbling.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200214143159.jpg

The weather was pleasant. The sun was not too intense and there was cool breeze so i didn't feel dehydrated even after the intense cornering. The roads were good and only a few parts of the ghats had potholes. If I had to find flaws with the motorcycle I would always say the front suspension, IT IS TOO SOFT. I had to make a lot of steering corrections in the middle of a corner because the motorcycle bobs up and down. Other than that i don't regret owning this motorcycle! I was so engrossed in riding the motorcycle i didn't take too many pictures.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 23:23   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
So it is Valentine's day so i decided to spend time with my Valentine- My Black Widow
The bike is looking very nice, all shiny and polished, what do you use? Autosol polish for the chrome parts? And for the painted areas?
Can you give a small review of the exhausts? I am also on the lookout for something louder and small in size
Old 14th February 2020, 23:59   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The bike is looking very nice, all shiny and polished, what do you use? Autosol polish for the chrome parts? And for the painted areas?
I am too lazy to do the polishing. I got the motorcycle buffed from the RE service centre itself which is basically 'Teflon coating' in their say, i am not sure what they used but i saw the guy had a 3M bottle in his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Can you give a small review of the exhausts? I am also on the lookout for something louder and small in size
The exhausts from AEW are one of the best, if not
the best for the 650 Twins. With the baffles the motorcycle only gets loud when you accelerate a bit hard, not enough to get in trouble with the coppers here in Maharashtra atleast. Without the baffles it is loud and sounds like a V-Twin, ride it sedately and it will be relatively quiet. Accelerate hard to wreck havoc! . One thing i can say is these are as loud as the Street Twin but not as bassy. The size also complements the rear better than the stock.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 00:25   #1715
BHPian

I am looking forward to replace the front tyre on my CGT 535, any recommendations? I don't want to go with Pirelli, don't want to put rear profile tyre on front either.

Here is the beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20200217002021__01.jpg  

Old 17th February 2020, 09:01   #1716
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I am looking forward to replace the front tyre on my CGT 535, any recommendations? I don't want to go with Pirelli, don't want to put rear profile tyre on front either.

Here is the beast.
I presume the spec for the front tyre is 100/90 R18, right?

You can look at Ralco Speed blasters, Michelin City PRO or Michelin Sirac Street.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 09:26   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I presume the spec for the front tyre is 100/90 R18, right?

You can look at Ralco Speed blasters, Michelin City PRO or Michelin Sirac Street.
All I could find were rear tyres. It's kind of weird that even with the success of 650 Twins there are still not a lot of tyre options available in the market. I guess I'll have to settle for Pirelli this time as well.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:07   #1718
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
All I could find were rear tyres. It's kind of weird that even with the success of 650 Twins there are still not a lot of tyre options available in the market. I guess I'll have to settle for Pirelli this time as well.
Check this link. May be of help and you can order from here itself.

PS: I am not affiliated to the website. Just sharing what I could get.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 15:02   #1719
BHPian

Hi,

My int650 will complete 1 year in march. Run about 11600 kms till now. Have done service at 1000 and 10,000 as per schedule with couple of additional visits to fix some minor stuff. Have few questions:
1. Bike had a mild wobble at times on NICE road at speed. I attributed it to road not being flat (with new tarring NICE road between Kanakapura road and EC has lot of patches, few of them who have kind of become slightly deeper compared to rest of road while some are higher)
2. I was told my tyres will last for another 2k to 3k kms during my 10K service.
3. Only front brake pads were replaced upon visual inspection by SA

I have couple of issues now:
1. Rear brakes are making grinding noise while applying rear brakes (and i also feel they are now less effective)
2. Rear tyre is now worn out on one side
3. Due to above i feel the wobbling is now more pronouced

Need help / advice on below:
1. Now i know i have to replace my tyres. But should i do it immediately or run for another 2K kms (I am sure it can run without fuss).
2. Should I go with RE recommended tyres (Pirelli sportscomp) in RE service center?
3. Should I get brakes checked by another service center? (I somehow feel current service center did some goofup on rear tyre and pads - or is it just coincidence?)
4. Should I stick to RE service centers at all? (considering Bike has 3 year warranty?)

Anybody else have similar situation? And how did you deal with it? Please advice. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Girish
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-int.jpg  

G-BoleroBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 15:54   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Just got a phone call from the dealer to say the 650 GT Dr Mayhem BSVI has arrived. Not bad considering I only ordered it 15 days ago.

Arranging the transfer etc now and will hopefully have it today evening or tomorrow morning max.

I will update with pictures. Looking forward and lets see if I actually ride this. It's an implusive buy !
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 18:27   #1721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
My friend recently changed his tires to Ralco, he got both of his tires for Rs. 5500/-
I have a friend who has Sport Demons too.

But i am still unsure on how other tires perform in long use.
Do keep us posted on feedback from them regarding tire performance and longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Metzelers - I havent met anyone personally who has there tyres, but from social media/ reviews on online forums, these seem to be better than the stock Pirellis. Specially wet grip. Also, they are the same spec as the stock tyres on the twins (speed rating too)

Timsun - Have heard only good things about them, but the button type tread pattern does not suit the looks of Interceptor/ GT. Also, they cost almost the same as Pirellis in the market.

Avon - Agree with you, does not seem like a good option.

Ralco - Know 2 people using them on interceptor and have accompanied them on long rides (Pune-Goa/ Pune- Statue of Unity), they both had no issues at all with the tyres, be it riding at 120+ or cornering on the twisties. You may need to add a spacer in the front mudguard since the tread pattern is deep. But again I don't like the looks of these button type tyres.

And yes, Sportscomp are certainly better than sport demons, we had a rider with us in rider mania on sport demons on Int 650, was not happy with them. As per him the grip levels are inadequate for the 650s and the tyre life is way too short.
Im surprised on two fronts here. One, from my discussions with a few tire dealers, I thought that the Timsun options were more affordable as compared to some of the bigger players. I didnt know that they were priced closer to the Pirellis (Rs 14,500 for the Sporscomp pair from the open market). In that case, it might make sense to stretch a bit and get a Pirelli Sportscomp pair instead.

Two, I am pleasantly surprised by the feedback on the Ralco tires. These are the Speedblasters, I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
1. Bike had a mild wobble at times on NICE road at speed. I attributed it to road not being flat (with new tarring NICE road between Kanakapura road and EC has lot of patches, few of them who have kind of become slightly deeper compared to rest of road while some are higher)
Girish, have you felt the wobble on other roads like say Hosur road etc which are definitely better laid than the NICE road? You are right about the NICE road not being flat, it does have undulations that can cause even cars to bob around and not feel planted.

Quote:
1. Now i know i have to replace my tyres. But should i do it immediately or run for another 2K kms (I am sure it can run without fuss).
If one side of one of the tires is wearing out, I will say dont take a chance. Replace it sooner, rather than later.

Quote:
2. Should I go with RE recommended tyres (Pirelli sportscomp) in RE service center?
The same topic was being discussed one page back on this thread. Go for Sportscomps if you are happy with them but buy them from outside. There is a big price markup to be paid if you buy it from Royal Enfield. I had posted the RE prices on this thread.

Quote:
3. Should I get brakes checked by another service center? (I somehow feel current service center did some goofup on rear tyre and pads - or is it just coincidence?)
Yes, which service center have you taken the bike to? The Madiwala company run SVC is the best of the lot from what I have experienced and heard. The Koramangala one is pretty good as well though it is much smaller in comparison.

Quote:
4. Should I stick to RE service centers at all? (considering Bike has 3 year warranty?)
Yes! The quality of the SVCs is quite good in Bangalore, its far better than the service in Cochin for sure. Keep your warranty intact. I know the 650s are very reliable but keep the warranty in place, you never know what can pop up later.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 19:53   #1722
BANNED

Power and torque figures of BS6 RE 650 twins leaked, there is a slight reduction in both the figures, peak power is now generated at 7150 rpm compared to previous 7250 rpm, also there are minute changes in dimensions - link

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bsviroyalenfieldcontinentalgt650powerfigur23af.jpg
Old 17th February 2020, 20:19   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have couple of issues now:
1. Rear brakes are making grinding noise while applying rear brakes (and i also feel they are now less effective)
2. Rear tyre is now worn out on one side
3. Due to above i feel the wobbling is now more pronouced

Regards,
Girish
1. That wobble could be because of alignment/balancing. I experienced it some while back, and alignment/balancing fixed the wobble.
2. Get the pads checked at another service center. Is the disc surface clean and even?
3. I think we need to use RE service centers to maintain eligibility for the warranty?
4. Stick to the sportcomps if you find the grip and performance acceptable.

Also, which back rest is that on your bike? Where did you get it from and get it installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Power and torque figures of BS6 RE 650 twins leaked, there is a slight reduction in both the figures, peak power is now generated at 7150 rpm compared to previous 7250 rpm, also there are minute changes in dimensions - link
The power figure thankfully hasn't dropped by much. But 100RPM shorter sounds cool. Though I don't quite understand the reason behind any changes in dimensions!

Last edited by ashishk29 : 17th February 2020 at 20:20. Reason: Minor fixes.
Old 17th February 2020, 20:53   #1724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
also there are minute changes in dimensions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Though I don't quite understand the reason behind any changes in dimensions!
Lesser width maybe because of smaller handlebar end weight or the exhausts are now pulled inwards.
Old 18th February 2020, 10:23   #1725
Senior - BHPian

So the bike arrived yesterday. I had my staff pick it up yesterday and deliver it home. It cost nearly 3.5 OTR with 5 year Insurance and RTO & 2 Accessories.

It is beautiful. Drove it for 7-8 kms last night. Will take it for a spin one of these mornings on the expressway which is only 4 kms from my house, before this weekend as I travel to the US & Europe. I will pick up a good helmet and jacket from this visit.

A few pics. The model is BSVI. I think the light setup has changed in the new model if I am not wrong.

The bike is very heavy. And for the new potential buyers out there - this bike looks much bigger and heavier when seen in person. In short for the amount of bike you are getting for the price is a lot.

The bike costs double this amount if purchased in the UK,US & Australia. Roughly $ 10000 or £ 7000. So we are paying half. What a pleasant coincidence since it is the other way around.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1image.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-image-3.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-image-2.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-image-1.jpg

Last edited by vkochar : 18th February 2020 at 10:24.
vkochar is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks