Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 09:18   #1651
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Modified Interceptor for Performance and handling.
Looks and sounds fantastic.
RE is missing another opportunity here to provide such performance options inhouse like HD does.

BTW what is everyone doing for chain maintenance? I could not find much information in the manual.
Old 30th January 2020, 18:55   #1652
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to get back to motorcycling for over a decade and every now and then get on a friends bike to take it for a spin - driven everything from the Triumphs to Kawasaki's but never really got around owning one.

Drove a lot back in School & College so always had the biker in me alive.

Around a few weeks back a funny incident happened and I was in Italy and a business associate from the UK mentioned to me the GT 650 and how he may add one to his garage already housing over a dozen bikes from the Norton to Hondas.

And I was taken aback that a 650 existed in the Enfield Stable. I did hear about twins but never realized they were here.

I went on youtube and saw a lot of videos from Jay Leno to a few others in the US / Australia and the UK in the last week or so.

Sent my staff to the showroom and he said there is a 30 - 40 day waiting. He came back with a quote.

I went and took a small ride on the GT650 and was very impressed.

Booked a Dr Mayhem BS6 today. I'll know tomorrow how much is the wait.

What an absolutely crazy and quick decision.

If I ride this and end up doing decent runs for the next 12 - 24 months I will then graduate to a Triumph or something more expensive.

Already have a smile on my face thinking of that beauty parked in my driveway.

I have a few questions from all you folks here -

1/ Do I expect a discount ? I guess no since there is a wait and its a new BS6 model.

2/ The stock bike comes with a seat. I dont wish to modify it to the single one.

3/ I was thinking of getting the BAR END MIRROR KIT & ALUMINIUM SUMP GUARD. Nothing else. Wish to keep this Stock and I will even remove all the saree guards and crash guards. Wish to keep it raw.

4/ Anything else I should order ?

5/ Also what are the good helmet options available in India ? Can I purchase ARAI or SHOEI and where can I get these in Delhi or online ?

Thank you very much.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 21:06   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I went and took a small ride on the GT650 and was very impressed.

Booked a Dr Mayhem BS6 today. I'll know tomorrow how much is the wait.
Hi congrats on booking the Continental GT I own a Dr. Mayhem and it is the best colour scheme to me out of all, you can go ahead with the sump guard but the Bar end mirrors are daylight robbery! I had ordered a pair from Aliexpress which look good and are wide angle so you have minimal blind spots. The stock seat is good for an hour ride but anything over that and your bottom will start paining. As for helmets you can get them online but it is better to try the helmets in person to get a feel of the fit.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2020 at 22:19. Reason: Trimmed quote. Please do not quote full posts when responding.
Old 31st January 2020, 14:17   #1654
BHPian

Quote:

5/ Also what are the good helmet options available in India ? Can I purchase ARAI or SHOEI and where can I get these in Delhi or online ?
superbikestore.in

bikegear.in

Also, at that price point, you're better off walking into a store and buying a premium AGV/ Schubert or a HJC helmet. That way you can check the fit also before buying.

Quote:
Modified Interceptor for Performance and handling.
What's the point in all those upgrades when your basic ABS doesn't even work because of the 17" rims?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th February 2020 at 00:08. Reason: Removed Youtube URL from inside quotes.
Old 31st January 2020, 14:24   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you very much.
Performance Racing Mumbai for Arai Helmets.
Old 31st January 2020, 14:52   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Don't know about Mumbai but the Pune dealerships have received the BS6 twins two days back.
Yes, Inquired about this with the dealer and he also confirmed BS6 deliveries have begun in Mumbai too. Saw a chrome interceptor bs6 today.

Visually there is no difference apart from the front fork reflectors and BSVI written on the engine block.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:29   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
BTW what is everyone doing for chain maintenance? I could not find much information in the manual.
Did you complete your first service? if so then RE would have given you the chain cleaner and lube kit. It is a good way of cleaning chain but do not use in excess and try to avoid using while the bike is running. It might get the rims and other parts dirty. Use the below technique to clean and lube.

Quote:
I went and took a small ride on the GT650 and was very impressed. Booked a Dr Mayhem BS6 today. I'll know tomorrow how much is the wait.

What an absolutely crazy and quick decision.

If I ride this and end up doing decent runs for the next 12 - 24 months I will then graduate to a Triumph or something more expensive.

Already have a smile on my face thinking of that beauty parked in my driveway.

I have a few questions from all you folks here -

1/ Do I expect a discount ? I guess no since there is a wait and its a new BS6 model.

2/ The stock bike comes with a seat. I dont wish to modify it to the single one.

3/ I was thinking of getting the BAR END MIRROR KIT & ALUMINIUM SUMP GUARD. Nothing else. Wish to keep this Stock and I will even remove all the saree guards and crash guards. Wish to keep it raw.

4/ Anything else I should order ?

Thank you very much.
Congratulations on the booking. I too had made some quick decisions on the 650. Sump guard is a must in our road conditions, you never know what can penetrate it. Do check out the bar end mirrors on other bikes before finalizing one.
As for the seats many people have changed it and many are still on stock ones, but on the GT very few as it already comes with a touring seat. I still am using the original seats with a sahara seat cover. Everyone's A$$ is not same so get used to your bike and ride it for a month before deciding on the seats. Here is the one I use on my INT.
Quote:

Sahara dark brown seat cover and the magnetic tank pad

Attachment 1958505
Silver Surfer masking the cold climate and sun

Sahara Seats Brown Cover
Would advice go to a shop and check out the Helmets. The fit and pros can cons. Also you can bargain a bit.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 10:40   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Did you complete your first service? if so then RE would have given you the chain cleaner and lube kit.
I have completed the first service but did not get any kit. In fact this is the first I am hearing of any kit.

Quote:
Use the below technique to clean and lube.
I am used to this process for my D390. I meant more of what cleaners/lubricants are being used by everyone? Also what is the frequency?
Old 1st February 2020, 13:59   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can I purchase ARAI or SHOEI and where can I get these in Delhi or online ?
Congratulations on the booking and for keeping the "motorcyclist" in you alive.

From your post, I assume that you do a bit of travel out of India or have business associates overseas.

You would get the best price on the products mentioned on "sale" on some stores like Revizila or similar. Order it online - ship it to one of your contacts abroad. Get it to India when you go there or request some one to bring it over.

https://www.revzilla.com/closeout-motorcycle-helmets

Get it with a helmet bag and you can bring it as a Cabin baggage and Customs usually doesn't hassle you.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 15:46   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Congratulations on the booking and for keeping the "motorcyclist" in you alive.

From your post, I assume that you do a bit of travel out of India or have business associates overseas.

You would get the best price on the products mentioned on "sale" on some stores like Revizila or similar. Order it online - ship it to one of your contacts abroad. Get it to India when you go there or request some one to bring it over.

https://www.revzilla.com/closeout-motorcycle-helmets

Get it with a helmet bag and you can bring it as a Cabin baggage and Customs usually doesn't hassle you.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Yes travel a Lot - once a month minimum. We have offices outside India. I already spoke to someone and he says to come in when I am there next which is 4 weeks away and he said I will need to be fitted properly.

Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 15:52   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes said I will need to be fitted properly.

Thanks
That is mandatory with both ARAI and shoei at any of their authorised retail points.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 20:01   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will need to be fitted properly[/i][/b].
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
That is mandatory with both ARAI and shoei at any of their authorised retail points.
Get the fitting checked in one of the authorised shops. See if they are able to match the online price. If not order the size on line - that's the strategy I have used. Most of the Continental Europe/UK and US the online guys deliver within maximum 2 working days even with normal delivery.

All the Best & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:23   #1663
BHPian

Hi all, first post here, always been an avid reader, a pleasure to be able to interact with everyone. I am taking delivery of my Baker Express this weekend, so getting the BS6 model. Anything in particular i should look out for during the PDI and the initial run in based on your experience? Also, planning to get the large engine guard,sump guard and fork gaiters fixed before delivery. Any other must haves? I know the touring seat seems to be a default change, but i figured i would try the stock one and see how it goes. Planning to ride from Cochin to Chennai in a couple of weeks, i will decide one way or the other by then.
Also, any feedback on the Pushkar jacket by RE? I see it is available for a discount currently. Also planning to get the knee and elbow armour from RE as well.
Old 4th February 2020, 11:03   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
Hi all, first post here, always been an avid reader, a pleasure to be able to interact with everyone. I am taking delivery of my Baker Express this weekend, so getting the BS6 model. Anything in particular i should look out for during the PDI and the initial run in based on your experience? Also, planning to get the large engine guard,sump guard and fork gaiters fixed before delivery. Any other must haves? I know the touring seat seems to be a default change, but i figured i would try the stock one and see how it goes. Planning to ride from Cochin to Chennai in a couple of weeks, i will decide one way or the other by then.
Also, any feedback on the Pushkar jacket by RE? I see it is available for a discount currently. Also planning to get the knee and elbow armour from RE as well.
Congratulations on the upcoming Baker Express, what is the on road price for the BS6 edition? There is some feedback on the Royal Enfield jackets in the riding gear thread, I have been using the touring one for a year and a half. The Pushkar seems like quite a nice jacket, it is quite light and airy but do keep in mind that there is no back protection. It will cost you around Rs 3,000 or so to upgrade that which takes the price up quite a bit.

Instead, I will suggest look at some of the Indian gear manufacturers, they are giving you some great quality gear at very affordable prices. I would suggest the Rynox Air GT3 at Rs 6,350 which gets you Level 2 armour for your back, elbows and shoulders.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 14:50   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations on the upcoming Baker Express, what is the on road price for the BS6 edition? There is some feedback on the Royal Enfield jackets in the riding gear thread, I have been using the touring one for a year and a half. The Pushkar seems like quite a nice jacket, it is quite light and airy but do keep in mind that there is no back protection. It will cost you around Rs 3,000 or so to upgrade that which takes the price up quite a bit.

Instead, I will suggest look at some of the Indian gear manufacturers, they are giving you some great quality gear at very affordable prices. I would suggest the Rynox Air GT3 at Rs 6,350 which gets you Level 2 armour for your back, elbows and shoulders.
On Road price is Rs.3.31 Lakhs. Thanks for the suggestion on the Rynox, where can I get them? Do Spartan stock them? was considering RE products because of the discount offered when you buy the bike. But I agree, additional armour upgrade will cost more, where do you usually buy the additional armour from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks