Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 12:09   #1741
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I didnt know that they were priced closer to the Pirellis (Rs 14,500 for the Sporscomp pair from the open market). In that case, it might make sense to stretch a bit and get a Pirelli Sportscomp pair instead.

Two, I am pleasantly surprised by the feedback on the Ralco tires. These are the Speedblasters, I assume.
Yup, Pirellis make more sense, but I guess Timsuns would last longer. The Pirelli at the rear has a life of approx 12-13k Km, that's pretty low IMO.

And yes, Ralco Speedblasters.

I am again going on a longish ride (Pune-Hampi), this weekend with a group of another 20+ twin rides. Will see what other options people have opted for.
I will update here if there is anything new.
ishan12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 12:32   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
The gentleman in question lives in Mumbai so i am not sure if i can test ride his Motorcycle. I have ordered Liqui Moly 7W fork oil and will be looking at changing the oil this weekend or so, will be giving and update after the change.
Where did you order it from? Can you please share the link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Before that are you on the recommended front tyre pressure at 32 psi? Please try reducing it to 27-28 and go for a spin.

I can vouch for that! I found the front very bouncy and hard at 32psi. I just manually let out some air from the front and the quality immediately improved.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 12:57   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I think Ram is making a point regarding the quality of work carried out by the jokers at the RE dealership during delivery or otherwise. Why take a chance with a “factory set front end” to install something which is not really important.

Ram, I agree with you, please clarify your point if you mean otherwise.
Exactly.

I am from old school who believes in "why fiddle with or try fix something, unless its broken". But if the efficacy of something is functionally enhanced, then its worth the "fiddling".

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 20th February 2020, 12:58   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Since you are from Pune, the Liqui Moly distributor is located in Wadgaon Sheri-
https://www.stuntech.in/
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 15:47   #1745
BHPian

Installed Handlebar Risers and Rear foot-peg shifter's from HDT customs Mumbai.

The riding posture for me has improved, just 2 inches of these risers make a huge difference in the riding.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200219_161420.jpg

These rear foot pegs don't interfere with the riders feet and have made a minor, but better than before sitting difference for the pillion.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200219_162027.jpg
The Great is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:16   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
You can order it from https://lrlmotors.com/.
P.S. I am in no way associated to the site.

Quote:
I can vouch for that! I found the front very bouncy and hard at 32psi. I just manually let out some air from the front and the quality immediately improved.
It makes a difference on the Interceptor but not on the Continental GT. Few days ago, I also found out that I felt more confident taking corners on the Interceptor than the Continental GT. The other problem is the front dives a bit too much when braking which is a bit unnerving and I want to reduce that to an extent. I am also a bit on the heavier side so that also plays a part I guess.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:21   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
And yes, Ralco I am again going on a longish ride (Pune-Hampi), this weekend with a group of another 20+ twin rides. Will see what other options people have opted for.
I will update here if there is anything new.
Oh great you are one of the members going on the Hampi ride! I had enquired about it yesterday and the group coordinator told me that he would take me in if somebody backs out and that happened this morning but till then i had made up my mind i wouldn't be able to do 600 kms in one day considering my longest ride has been a 300 kms one! I chose Nagaon instead.

Sorry mods for the back to back posts.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 19:18   #1748
BHPian

I was just looking further into the Fork Oil thing, and found that the D390(Which I have oodles of experience with) uses 5W oil, compared to 2W on the Interceptor.
So I suspect that Fork oil swap with 5W or above should make a considerable improvement in the damping characteristic of the front forks, which would cover a good portion of my basic issue with it.
Old 21st February 2020, 10:25   #1749
BHPian

Neutral indicator: initially convenient failure

The neutral indicator changed from indicating neutral to indicating first and sixth. That was way more useful than as designed and suggests a feature change or customisation.

Unfortunately the neutral indicator stopped working completely

Some gearboxes, mostly historical and on smaller bikes have the feature that the gear lever can be moved downward against spring pressure when in the lowest gear and upward when in the highest gear. That's a great feature, providing a convenient indication. Curious that it is not implemented on newer/bigger bikes ... ?

NOTE FROM SUPPORT Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st February 2020 at 10:33.
Old 24th February 2020, 03:02   #1750
BHPian

On sunday morning i was surprised to find the rear tyre of my bike punctured, on checking i found a small nail in the center of the tyre, maybe that's why it took some time for the tyre to deflate , i tried to drag it to the nearest puncture repair shop but the weight was too much for me to push.

I have always been a do it yourself person, so saw some videos on youtube, removed the tyre myself and took it to the puncture repair shop and got it fixed.

Putting it back was a little tricky due to the weight of the tyre as well as the lack of a center stand, which results in me using a car jack which lifts the bike at an inclined angle.

But got the job done and learnt something for my next puncture, but i need a center stand or a paddock stand to make the job easier, or maybe a welding machine, a bending machine and a chop saw to make a paddock stand myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200222wa0028.jpeg  

yesyeswe is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 16:04   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
Hi Keshav, did you face any issues or delays in getting the motone parts? I ordered the rack a little over a week back, and the parcel is still at chennai customs hold as per the india post website. Any ideas? As usual the website updates very slowly so don't really know the exact status. Motone have not responded beyond sharing the tracking number.
Sorry for the late reply. In my case, i ordered it to a friends place in UK and he brought it down for me. So i didn't have to deal with customs at all. This was for both the rack and tank pads.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 21:54   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. In my case, i ordered it to a friends place in UK and he brought it down for me. So i didn't have to deal with customs at all. This was for both the rack and tank pads.
Yeah, would have if I had known. Definitely going that route henceforth.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:34   #1753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
But got the job done and learnt something for my next puncture, but i need a center stand or a paddock stand to make the job easier, or maybe a welding machine, a bending machine and a chop saw to make a paddock stand myself.
Fabricating one costs at max 1.5k.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-imag0029.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-imag0030.jpg

I got one made as soon as I dropped mine when dismounting off car Jack stands.

Mine doesn't have main stand as I've raised the motorcycle and the main stand doesn't touch the ground, so removed it.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:08   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Quiet Robust construction and looks very functional. What spec steel sections did you use ?

Did you consider cost difference using pipes? I am asking this, in Trivandrum its quiet easy to get pipes bend as required to make a more conventional looking one

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 25th February 2020 at 12:09.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:08   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
This will be far easier to fabricate, thanks for the design, some spray paint would enhance it more. Giving 3000 ₹ for a paddock stand is too much
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks