Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 16:42   #1471
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Thanks for the help guys. I did get a call from Mr.Bipin from RE and explained him the whole situation. The Teknik Motors guy was on the call too.

Bipin asked me wait a couple of days to get an update on availability of Orange crush. Meanwhile, he promised to get me other colours which i politely declined.

Also the refund which was initially supposed to happen in 45 days came down drastically to 2 working days and that too bank transfer. If this can be done, why torture the customer with 45 days to get refund cheque!

On advice of some of you, i did ring Jayanagar showroom and a very lifeless salesman who spoke to me asked me to wait for a month to get the BS6 version and hung the phone.

This whole episode has been comical. It's my money and all i want is just a damn bike. Too much drama for a bike, i hope it is frikkin worth it.

Thanks!
Resfeber is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 17:17   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
But, i hit so many potholes on my ride yesterday morning that my front wheel alignment went off! Got it re-aligned. I'm glad the service center did both these things at no cost at all.
What do you exactly mean by wheel alignment went off? Have never heard it for a bike, especially such a new bike? I have never faced such a thing in any of the bikes I have ridden! Is this a part of the "Future RE Experience"? (to compensate for back kicks which are eliminated in self-start bikes)

Last edited by 2000rpm : 26th November 2019 at 17:20.
Old 26th November 2019, 17:33   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I did get a call from Mr.Bipin from RE and explained him the whole situation. The Teknik Motors guy was on the call too.

Bipin asked me wait a couple of days to get an update on availability of Orange crush. Meanwhile, he promised to get me other colours which i politely declined.

Also the refund which was initially supposed to happen in 45 days came down drastically to 2 working days and that too bank transfer. If this can be done, why torture the customer with 45 days to get refund cheque!

On advice of some of you, i did ring Jayanagar showroom and a very lifeless salesman who spoke to me asked me to wait for a month to get the BS6 version and hung the phone.
The comedy of errors continues! The reason for the delays in refunds by all dealerships is simple. The dealer sits on the cash and earns interest off it while you wait for 45 days. Given the inordinate delay with Teknik and your escalation email, the company's sales channel would have put pressure on the dealer to release the funds early in your case.

I suggest that you just head to the Jayanagar showroom (its run by the company as far as I remember, I had taken delivery of my bike from there in 2014) and put down your deposit money. The feedback on the sales experience in the showroom is usually very positive.

P.S - Since you have the number of someone from the company's sales channel, you should share the experience so far regarding the Jayanagar showroom. The company officials do take feedback seriously and act on it.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 18:42   #1474
BHPian

People who booked after me got their Orange interceptors! The sole reason to pay the booking amount is to block a vehicle and deliver to the concerned person. I asked them not to advertise the Orange colour and to take it off the brochures if it cannot be delivered. Simple. Why even have a colour that cannot be delivered!

Only Acclaim motors, Yelahanka, promised me to get a Orange interceptor within 3 weeks. Should i go ahead?
Old 26th November 2019, 18:45   #1475
BHPian

[QUOTE Only Acclaim motors, Yelahanka, promised me to get a Orange interceptor within 3 weeks. Should i go ahead?[/quote]

I purchased my 650 from Acclaim motors this last July and have completed the first service at their service center too. Both Sales and Service has been excellent so far. I got my bike in 5 weeks back then.
ashenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 19:03   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post

I purchased my 650 from Acclaim motors this last July and have completed the first service at their service center too. Both Sales and Service has been excellent so far. I got my bike in 5 weeks back then.

Good to hear this. Is it only me that feels none of the RE showroom is interested in delivering an Interceptor. The sales people seem to be really poor. Nobody calls back as promised, not interested in explaining the bike, not really interested to convince. That's their job!

Looks like RE has it easy.
Old 26th November 2019, 19:57   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
What do you exactly mean by wheel alignment went off? Have never heard it for a bike, especially such a new bike? I have never faced such a thing in any of the bikes I have ridden! Is this a part of the "Future RE Experience"? (to compensate for back kicks which are eliminated in self-start bikes)
Wheel alignment/balancing is subject to being affected by bad roads, right? I have heard and experienced that with cars.

It is a new bike, but the road was incredibly bad. I cannot highlight how bad. I hit most of the potholes at like 80-90kmph, and many a times they were nearly back to back. Plus the front suspension being soft as cheesecake doesn't really take up much of the sudden shock.

After the ride, I could notice a slight wobble at 80-90kmph.

After the alignment/balancing fixing, the wobble is now gone.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:49   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Good to hear this. Is it only me that feels none of the RE showroom is interested in delivering an Interceptor. The sales people seem to be really poor. Nobody calls back as promised, not interested in explaining the bike, not really interested to convince. That's their job!

Looks like RE has it easy.
RE is trying to improve slowly, but its the dealers attitude thats pulling them down. Dealers know that there is a demand and RE is been selling like hot cake since 2010 without even trying hard at all. That is precisely the crux as the dealers can act ignorant and care a hoot about customer satisfaction. Things were very different prior to the bullet boom in 2010, where older gen bullets sold like a couple of pieces a month, Bangalore had just two outlets and most folks there were squatting flies through out the day.

There are no good RE dealers. There are nasty ones and then there are 'not so bad' ones. Choose the later one and you will suffer less. I bought my first two bullets from brand store in Bangalore and experience was "not to bad". I bought my interceptor through Teknik HSR and entire buying experience and first service experience was a nightmare. Have decided never to visit them again. So pls choose your dealer wisely and based on some research and save yourself some trouble, even if that dealer is a bit far from the house. (i bought my interceptor from teknik HSR as we have shifted close to the place, in hindsight, i should have stuck to brand store jaynagar.)
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:34   #1479
BHPian

Came back to Pune from Goa Rider Mania on Monday on my Interceptor.
Mileage test by tank full to tank full method.

On Smooth highway upto Kolhapur from Pune, riding mostly under 100 Kmph - 32 Kmpl
On Roads after Nippani, mix of smooth and bad patches and Ghat sections - 31 kmpl

On the way back upto Satara riding mostly under 100 Kmph- 31kmpl
with some spirited riding after Satara mostly between 100-120 kmph - 29 kmpl

In the city I have been getting around 24-26 Kmpl consistently.

(I was riding without pillion and all numbers rounded off to previous integer)

I was riding on the stock seat and had no issues whatsoever, just wish that the width was a bit more.
ishan12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:55   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
RE is trying to improve slowly, but its the dealers attitude thats pulling them down. Dealers know that there is a demand and RE is been selling like hot cake since 2010 without even trying hard at all. That is precisely the crux as the dealers can act ignorant and care a hoot about customer satisfaction. Things were very different prior to the bullet boom in 2010, where older gen bullets sold like a couple of pieces a month, Bangalore had just two outlets and most folks there were squatting flies through out the day.

There are no good RE dealers. There are nasty ones and then there are 'not so bad' ones. Choose the later one and you will suffer less. I bought my first two bullets from brand store in Bangalore and experience was "not to bad". I bought my interceptor through Teknik HSR and entire buying experience and first service experience was a nightmare. Have decided never to visit them again. So pls choose your dealer wisely and based on some research and save yourself some trouble, even if that dealer is a bit far from the house. (i bought my interceptor from teknik HSR as we have shifted close to the place, in hindsight, i should have stuck to brand store jaynagar.)
Mr.Bipin from RE has arranged a bike at HSR Services, Lalbagh Road. I got a call from the showroom confirming the same. Bike is in stock and can be delivered as early as this Saturday.
Must say, didn't expect much when I wrote RE an e-mail. Mr.Bipin, has been helpful and wish the showroom people are half as efficient as him when it comes to sales.

At Teknik Motors, I had asked them to fit my bike with fork gaiters and sump guard which they said can be done only during the first service and not before that. The salesperson (Mr.Dhanush) was pretty adamant on getting it fitted only during the first service.
Now, the guy at HSR says he'll fit any accessory I want. Pretty neat, ain't it?

Avoid the inept and arrogant Teknik Motors like plague. We deserve better

Will keep you guys posted on my experience with HSR Services as well.

Thank you for your time.
Resfeber is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 17:46   #1481
BHPian

Quote:

At Teknik Motors, I had asked them to fit my bike with fork gaiters and sump guard which they said can be done only during the first service and not before that. The salesperson (Mr.Dhanush) was pretty adamant on getting it fitted only during the first service.

Avoid the inept and arrogant Teknik Motors like plague
They insist on installing during service so as to charge you for it at the time of first service whereas at the time of purchasing, a customer won't pay anything extra. Well congratulations for finally getting the bike, have a ton of fun
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 22:16   #1482
BHPian

Quote:

Such pathetic scammers. Even I got fork gaiters, sump guard installed right at delivery, no questions asked.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 00:33   #1483
BHPian

Man i'm getting really tired by the friction noises coming from the brakes, even after removing and cleaning the pads with sand paper it came back after some kilometers, has anyone found a solution for it yet? People who went to the service center with this issue got their disc pads sanded and the noise was back after some time, seriously need a permanent solution for it. My pulsar never had this issue
Old 29th November 2019, 14:40   #1484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Man i'm getting really tired by the friction noises coming from the brakes, even after removing and cleaning the pads with sand paper it came back after some kilometers, has anyone found a solution for it yet?
Are the caliper pins properly lubricated and working as it should? Please check it once.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:09   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Man i'm getting really tired by the friction noises coming from the brakes, even after removing and cleaning the pads with sand paper it came back after some kilometers, has anyone found a solution for it yet? People who went to the service center with this issue got their disc pads sanded and the noise was back after some time, seriously need a permanent solution for it. My pulsar never had this issue
As anurag says, grease the caliper pins. Use the caliper grease made available in small pouches from the Maruti ASC.

Also, grease the back of the pads with Copper Grease (Wuerth). Usually this is what creates the friction sound.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks