Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 20:21   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Technically speaking, isnt that illegal as well? LED bulbs do not suit the reflector design for halogen, they do end up scattering a lot of light which could be disturbing to oncoming traffic. Also, most LEDs are typically 6500 kelvin on colour temperature (white light) where as a typical halogen is around 4300 K (the regular yellow light). This is also not approved, means a NOC is required from RTO to used LED light source in place of OEM halogen.

What i am trying to say is there are so many rules and regulations, some critical and some not so critical. Most of us do breach the line in someway or the other, be is after market pipes, aux lamps, colour of the vehicle, etc. I am an offender with the aux set up on my interceptor, but i have taken that call as i commute 25kms daily during night time, and feel the aux lights are important in survival amongst the racing cabbies with high beam always on. "Jaan hai to jahaan hai"
I did not say LED bulb on normal reflector. I meant a LED headlamp unit which is DOT /ECE approved. This is the setup I have on mine
Old 8th August 2019, 11:41   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I did not say LED bulb on normal reflector. I meant a LED headlamp unit which is DOT /ECE approved. This is the setup I have on mine
Ah! You mean the entire 7" dome replacement? Something like the image below? Whatever be the case any modification to a vehicle, post ARAI passing, can be a reason for cops to question us, technically. What i mean to say is a lot of our motor-vehicle rules have to be revisited and amended. For eg, recently there was that case of snell and dot certified helmets being not approved as they were not certified by isi. The front number plate, where if u sticker the number place on visor, its not allowed, but if you stick it on a separate plate, its ok, legibility being same on both. The reason given is that someone can peel the sticker off the windshield/fairing, but someone can easily peel the vinyl-cut numbers from the metal plate too. I know the HSRP enforcement, but talking on older vehicles and how cops react to, in Bangalore. There are so many such rules or lack of clarity around it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-untitled1.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 14:35   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Agree with you

Thanks for understanding, appreciate it. However, if you are looking at possibilities for reducing battery drain, one option would be to research on good LED headlamps. I have a LED setup on my Bonnie for close to 4 years now and its a low running bike. Still runs on the stock battery. Touchwood.
Yeah battery drain is a major concern for me as well, when i am at the red lights i am forced to turn off the ignition to save battery instead of just using engine kill switch.

Quote:
Try this. Not completely legal, but would maintain the visibility based safely aspect of AOH and will also solve you issue of pass switch visibility. I have installed a pair of aux lights on my interceptor. I have connected the aux light trigger wire to the OEM high-beam. So when i ride, only the OEM lights are on in low beam position. When i flash, the high-beam comes on along with the two aux lights. This is very much visible. And when i switch the high beam on, the aux lights switch on along with OEM light in high position, solving issue of extra illumination when required. This setup solves most of your concerns. But we all do know that any external mods such as extra lights have to be RTO approved, else we stand on the wrong side of the law.

Technically speaking, isnt that illegal as well? LED bulbs do not suit the reflector design for halogen, they do end up scattering a lot of light which could be disturbing to oncoming traffic. Also, most LEDs are typically 6500 kelvin on colour temperature (white light) where as a typical halogen is around 4300 K (the regular yellow light). This is also not approved, means a NOC is required from RTO to used LED light source in place of OEM halogen.

What i am trying to say is there are so many rules and regulations, some critical and some not so critical. Most of us do breach the line in someway or the other, be is after market pipes, aux lamps, colour of the vehicle, etc. I am an offender with the aux set up on my interceptor, but i have taken that call as i commute 25kms daily during night time, and feel the aux lights are important in survival amongst the racing cabbies with high beam always on. "Jaan hai to jahaan hai"
Why do only rules apply to us comman men only, while the rich and the connected can get away with anything they want. Want to move down people sleeping on the road? Yeah no problem. Want to fraud people and get away to a foreign country? Here's your visa. Want to rape and kill the whole family too? Sure. But want to put extra lights on your bike so that you can see the potholes filled roads properly at night? Not allowed by law. I am putting some aux lights on my bike, i want to live. "jaan hai to jahaan hai"
Old 8th August 2019, 14:57   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah! You mean the entire 7" dome replacement? Something like the image below?
Yes, I splurged and got a Motodemic Unit for the Bonneville. It was a plug and play unit.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:06   #1055
r.K
BHPian

Has anyone tried to increase the tank size yet on the conti gt 650? Or tried to swap it with the interceptor tank?
Old 10th August 2019, 21:23   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
Has anyone tried to increase the tank size yet on the conti gt 650? Or tried to swap it with the interceptor tank?
I know an Interceptor owner who tried to use the Conti GT's handlebars, and he complained that the bars were touching the fuel tank at full lock. Please check before you do the swap, as that could puncture the tank in the unfortunate event of a fall.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 21:56   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
The tank is a real beauty, why would anyone swap it for something else. You get a range of around 220-250 kms in a full tank, that's manageable
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 09:57   #1058
r.K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The tank is a real beauty
Agree. And looks far better in person than in pics. The reason I asked was to increase the tank range.

I also came across this:
https://www.rushlane.com/2020-royal-...20192.html/amp

I'm planning to book the gt650 this week. It's it prudent to wait?
Old 12th August 2019, 11:08   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. And looks far better in person than in pics. The reason I asked was to increase the tank range.

I also came across this:
https://www.rushlane.com/2020-royal-...20192.html/amp

I'm planning to book the gt650 this week. It's it prudent to wait?
I'd recommend HSR Services in Lalbagh. They delivered my Interceptor in under 25 days. But the final stage of delivery wasn't the best due to some errors.
Old 12th August 2019, 11:54   #1060
r.K
BHPian

My query is more on the upcoming BS6 version of the bike; if anyone here has any info on the same?
Old 12th August 2019, 12:32   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My query is more on the upcoming BS6 version of the bike; if anyone here has any info on the same?
I do not have any information apart from the spy picture that has been doing the rounds. But why would that affect your buying decision? The prices will definitely go up for the BS-6 variant, while there exists a risk of reduced power to meet the more stringent emission norm. Also, the BS-4 variant is not going to be banned from being used on our roads anyway. Why wait?
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 12:47   #1062
r.K
BHPian

I was thinking if any new features might get added - digital speedometer, alloy wheels (proper tubeless tires), maybe a RBW throttle (highly unlikely though), better headlights/LED indicators - as standard?

If it is a new engine for BS6, would there not be a slight bump of power? They definitely would not decrease the power output IMO as it is low already.
Old 12th August 2019, 13:56   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking if any new features might get added - digital speedometer, alloy wheels (proper tubeless tires), maybe a RBW throttle (highly unlikely though), better headlights/LED indicators - as standard?

If it is a new engine for BS6, would there not be a slight bump of power? They definitely would not decrease the power output IMO as it is low already.
My 2 cents..

Adding features like digital speedometer, etc would incur change in the spare parts catalogue and would lead to availability issues. Moreover, it is not a facelift/generation upgrade.. after all the bike has been in market for a very short time. So, feature changes would mostly be out of the picture.
Alloy wheels might be introduced as an official accessory though.

Regarding the power output, I believe they would not re-engineer the entire engine rather add some particulate filter of sorts and make some changes to the exhaust to handle the emission levels (as seen in the spyshots). So, when additional filters come into picture, the power output might either stay the same or decrease a little bit (though not by much) but a bump in power is to be least expected.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 14:18   #1064
r.K
BHPian

Right, thanks for the clarity. I just read another article that the prices will be jacked up by 5k - 10k INR, by the 3rd week of this month. This would kinda mask the newer version's price hike I guess. And no, booking the vehicle does not lock the current pricing.
Old 12th August 2019, 20:03   #1065
BHPian

The Art of Buying a Two wheeler after 15 years.
Wednesday :- Wake up in the city of Patna and curse the horrible roads and traffic which makes driving four wheelers a harrowing experience. By evening decide that two wheels is a pragmatic choice.
Thursday :- Research the entire day on Team BHP to identify your next set of wheels. By evening shortlist a few rides.
Friday :- Go test driving and come back unsatisfied. Friday Afternoon read up the reviews on the new Enfields and line up a test ride for the evening. Come back dreamy eyed and try to get some sleep.
Saturday :- Wake up groggy eyed, walk into the showroom and book the most expensive Interceptor 650 in store and spend the rest of the day on Team BHP reading up everything written about the bike i plonked all my cash savings into.
Sunday :- Call up the family in Mumbai & Banglore to inform them of what i have done only to hear that i am loosing it as i touch 40.
Monday :- Walk into the showroom and take delivery. Spend the rest of the day in a state of bliss

That has to be the fastest Interceptor buying and delivery experience on teambhp

Last edited by nairanupg : 12th August 2019 at 20:18. Reason: Grammer
nairanupg is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks