Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 15:54   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Got delivery of my Baker Express today. It's a gorgeous looking machine - other than the crazily protruding, fat, ugly exhausts - while the ride is obviously superb.
It is close to criminal to mention baker express delivery and how gorgeous it is and not share a single photo of the bike.
I have booked baker express too and delivery time is nearing. Still in two minds about whether to take the delivery now or wait for a few more months.

Quote:
Got mine 2 days ago. Done a little under 200kms already.
No accessories yet but got the 3M PPF.
the PPF covers only the top part of the tank? or the sides of the tank too? Does the top part extend beyond the fuel cap? Any-other place on the bike they apply ppf? TIA.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 18:13   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
It is close to criminal to mention baker express delivery and how gorgeous it is and not share a single photo of the bike.
Hope you have seen the picture posted by Mahesh in this thread itself

It looks really lovely specially from front and sides.

From back its another story (all RE 650s) which somehow reminds me of singer Madona - (people from my generation will remember which get up of hers I am referring to)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 19th March 2019 at 18:14.
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:00   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked baker express too and delivery time is nearing. Still in two minds about whether to take the delivery now or wait for a few more months.

the PPF covers only the top part of the tank? or the sides of the tank too? Does the top part extend beyond the fuel cap? Any-other place on the bike they apply ppf? TIA.
Baker Express is very pretty in the flesh - saw one when taking delivery. Of course, it'll need more TLC to keep looking that way. But the bike looks big and pretty in those colours for sure.

I think it's worth taking delivery now - it's very sorted out and I suspect nothing major's changing anytime soon.

PPF : 5 piece set - 3 for the tank and 2 for the side panels.
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 01:32   #574
BHPian

Congratulations 22ji. It is a superb colour and you sure are going to stand out from the crowd as I think its the first baker express interceptor in Ludhiana. Tell me what you plan for the exhausts and I will follow ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Got delivery of my Baker Express today. It's a gorgeous looking machine - other than the crazily protruding, fat, ugly exhausts - while the ride is obviously superb.
I had a discussion with a City based modifier and he suggested me to take a baffle or two out from the stock exhausts and then check the note it makes. Also I know an interceptor owner who has made some holes in the baffle or the mesh covering of the end cap of the stock exhausts and it sounds pretty decent. Will try to get capture the sound in a video when we meet next. I don’t know if this makes sense but I actually do not know what he exactly did, but will find it out soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Comparision of stock exhaust with some of the aftermarket ones.
https://Youtu.be/4JcEjTE_uBA
My opinion- RRP sounds worst, AEW somehow sounds better. I am yet to find an aftermarket exhaust with a decent note, hence proved the stock exhaust is the best.
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 07:25   #575
BHPian

1,445 Units Of Royal Enfield 650 Twins Delivered In Feb 2019

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20190320074917_chrome.jpg

Royal Enfield delivered 1,445 units of 650 Twins in February 2019 compared to 1069 units in January 2019. The 650 Twins were introduced in the middle of November 2018 and the response for the cruisers has been excellent. One of the reasons for the huge success of 650 Twins is the aggressive pricing strategy of the company.

Quote:
The company is planning to introduce more accessories for the 650 Twins as customization is so popular among customers. Some of the upcoming accessories for the 650 Twins are alloy wheels, luggage and electrical. Currently, the 650 Twins comes with 18-inch spoke wheels with 100/90 section tyre at the front and 130/70 section tyre at the rear.

The overall sales of Royal Enfield have come down in February 2019 as the company sold 62,630 units compared to 73,007 units same month last year and sales dropped by 14 per cent.
But exports have improved considerably as the company registered 49 per cent growth.
Source
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 12:25   #576
Senior - BHPian

Guys, few questions below

> Whats the on-road price in Mumbai coming to be?
> Any discounts currently?
> Any accessories recommended as dealer fitment? Pricing for recommended ones?
> Pillion comfort for short breakfast rides? Any accessories required to make the bike pillion-long ride friendly?
Old 20th March 2019, 12:30   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it's worth taking delivery now - it's very sorted out and I suspect nothing major's changing anytime soon.
Two fold confusion. One is that there is a strong possibility of 650 twins coming with alloys in near future. The bike configuration part of their official website has listed tyres as as option and "coming soon" under it. Given an option, i would prefer to have alloys. The stock aluminum rims may be prone to damages while fixing a puncture as mechanics are hard handed in using tools as they are used to the usual steel rims.

2nd is parking space. I have space for just two bikes, and intent was to sell the versys before taking interceptor delivery. Irony is that interceptor is screwed the 'used' bike market.

Quote:
PPF : 5 piece set - 3 for the tank and 2 for the side panels.
Nice. where did you get this done? autoservice? do share the cost as well if ok.
Old 20th March 2019, 13:04   #578
BHPian

Got a call from my dealer that my bike have reached their yard and I can initiate the payment process. Due to some unforeseen circumstances I am in a cash crunch now , requested them to allocate a bike from the next slot.
Old 20th March 2019, 15:00   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha! I submit to the inadvertent misdemeanour.
Attaching a couple of images here. I would second the advice that a member has already shared; don't delay delivery and go for it when it's available. Hope you get your machine soon, bro. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190320wa0017.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190320wa0016.jpg  

param22k is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 15:07   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Hahaha! I submit to the inadvertent misdemeanour.
Damn it this bike looks sweetest in this colour! Congrats. Looks fantastic. Very difficult to hold back. Love the gold pinstripe separating the red and white. Looks like a nicely polished swiss army knife (swiss colours).

A nicely polished white lid, a good tanned rust leather jacket, faded work jeans, and a good set of boots. Picking you up at 8 honey!

must. resist. temptation.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 15:47   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching a couple of images here. I would second the advice that a member has already shared; don't delay delivery and go for it when it's available. Hope you get your machine soon, bro. Cheers.
looks delicious with a dash of red from the sides, But wonder how it would appear from the riders point of view. Only the white of the tank will be seen from that perspective and if it would be too plain. If getting a red band on top as well will enhance the looks (a wrap job), on the following lines:
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-01.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 18:32   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Yes, can't agree more on RRP. It looks like a hurried product, and sounds like the end can just fell off. AEW looks really good, !
The Red Rooster Exhaust up close and Personal.

Sounds bad, doesn't it?

Small heads up, The OEM pads supplied are Brembos!
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pads.jpg
Captain Slow is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:17   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks delicious with a dash of red from the sides, But wonder how it would appear from the riders point of view. Only the white of the tank will be seen from that perspective
Why would the rider look down towards the tank and not the road ahead while riding? IF that's indeed the case then lets not make the top "prettier" LOL

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:24   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Why would the rider look down towards the tank and not the road ahead while riding? IF that's indeed the case then lets not make the top "prettier" LOL

With the number of traffic choke points in bangalore increasing every day, you will have plenty of time to stare at that fuel tank. Considering the instrument cluster has next to nothing. Some extra graphics there might help.

Others around you might think you are praying for good measure though.

Last edited by Red Liner : 20th March 2019 at 20:27.
Old 20th March 2019, 20:28   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The Red Rooster Exhaust up close and Personal.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VjjHYkEq9fI

Sounds bad, doesn't it?
Nope, that doesn't just sound bad, it sounds awful and looks very crude like it was made by some friendly neighborhood garage boy!

Before the Interceptor was launched, I really had high hopes on RRP for making some really nice after market exhaust, but they have really let me down.

PS: they made a really neat looking slip-on exhaust for the Continental GT 535. That looked really classy with the brushed chrome finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1553093752588.jpg  

aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed