Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:07   #631
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Talking about stripes, here is a different take I found on insta, white stripes on tank sides of Orange crush interceptor.
That's some lovely decal work on the tank. Suits it very well.

Anyway, finally Lady Marmalade comes home after a wait of close to 2 months. I booked the bike on the 9th Feb and was given an estimated delivery timeframe of 4 months. I had actually booked the Ravishing Red but informed the showroom folks that I was okay with any colour that could be delivered first.

After repeatedly visiting the showroom and pestering their sales manager, on 23rd March I visited them again and saw an Orange Crush on display. Upon enquiring with the manager, he said that it was a customer’s bike and the customer had postponed delivery for want of funds. He said he’d confirm with the other customer by Monday and let me know if I could pick it up. Got a call from him on the 25th morning saying that I could have the bike since the other customer still wasn’t ready to buy it now.

Went to the showroom and paid them full cash for the bike and accessories on the same day. This is the breakup of the amount I paid.

Interceptor 650 Orange Crush Ex-showroom – Rs. 2,34,531
Road Tax – Rs. 47,961
Insurance (5 years TP and self with zero depreciation and back to invoice value) – Rs. 35,105
Accessories – Rs. 11,700
The total amount came up to Rs. 3,29,297.00

The accessories I paid for were:
Large Crash Guard (Black) – Rs. 2,900
Handle Bar Brace Cover – Rs. 600
Large Wind Screen – Rs. 1,700 – totally not worth it. The thing is very flimsy and could break away with a light push.
Touring Mirrors – Rs. 4,000
Saddle Racks – Rs. 1,600 – still hasn’t been fixed since they don’t have stock.
Vehicle Cover – Rs. 900

Additional accessories that I intend of fitting:
Sump guard
Fork Gaiters

A few pics that I took of my Lady Marmalade once I got her home.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-lm-1.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-lm-2.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-lm-3.jpg
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:21   #632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
A few pics that I took of my Lady Marmalade once I got her home.
Congrats ⁨Snehal Sekhar⁩ on taking delivery of your Interceptor 650.

Will wait for your first impressions on how close the best RE yet has come close to the small Harley experience. Both are different bikes for sure, but the Harley 750 customers will be taking a deep look at the 650 twins as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 00:52   #633
BHPian

I booked the Interceptor (Silver) at Kolkata Bike Zone on 7th December 2018. The waiting period was mentioned as 120 days. December and January passed by myself going through whatever information I could get from YouTube and of course here.

15th February onwards, I started giving them a call every Monday - each time I was told - we have no information of the bike.

25th March - my call to them generated the same response even though I reminded them that 7th April was pretty close by.

26th March - I called the showroom number and asked for the Head Sales. The gentleman seemed to me aware about my calls. He was very polite but did mention the same the he too did not have any idea on the despatches (which seemed strange to me (having worked at automotive dealerships))

27th March - The head sales calls me up to enquire if I could be interested in a black which was expected to reach in another 3 to 4 days (as per the latest information). I agreed take it - the wait was getting a bit too painful to bear.

30th March - Armed with my cheque book I went to the showroom. Gave the a cheque for the full amount and was committed delivery on 5th April evening.

31st March - I get a call informing that, as per the latest information (2nd time), a silver unit shall be reaching in the next 3 to 4 days, would I be keen on the silver (being my first choice), to which I gave my confirmation - So Silver it is going to be.

Delivery is slated for 5th April evening. Back to being a biker after nearly 18 long years.
ALTIMAed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 02:45   #634
BHPian

A rather interesting video that popped up in my YouTube feed today. It is a bit long, and I just glossed through parts of it, but I think it's worth the watch for anyone wanting to make useful mods on their bike

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:32   #635
BHPian

Interceptor 650 is turning out to be one of the highest selling bikes for bhpians! I think we've crossed the 10 bikes mark already and another 10 waiting for their rides at least. Soon we'll need a "RE 650 twin owners post your pictures here" thread.

RE has already run out of accessories.

Congratulations to all the owners and keep us posted with your experiences with the twins!

Enjoy your ride.

surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 3rd April 2019 at 08:34.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:39   #636
BHPian

Took a test ride of the Interceptor 650 yesterday. They let me ride without any RE showroom executives as a pillion. Some observations:

1. Man, is that a RE even? I've rode Classic 350, 500, Thunderbird 350 and Bullet ES. This machine is on a whole different level.

2. Weights a bit too much. Hard to maneuver on dusty roads while sitting on it. I'm 5'8 and weigh 57kgs.

3. Engine feels refined, just like a Honda. The low end torque distribution is insane. Pulls like crazy.

4. Console has that classic look to it and doesn't feel that bad when compared to other RE bikes.

5. Dual Exhausts are a looker on the street.

6. Seat cushioning is a bit on the harder side.

7. Footpegs are the worst. The placement is odd and makes it harder to move on the bike while sitting.

8. No leg guard available at the dealerships yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-photomania2defe46fc547c22c558d4caa5cb994b9.jpg  

Bismaya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 13:22   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm 5'11" and have a slightly different experience on the footpegs issue than most TBHPians. The pegs on the Interceptor 650 are perfectly fine for me when I sit on the bikes in the showroom and when I stop while on a ride.

I was trying out the Triumph Bonnies today and realized that the footpegs on those bikes however are just the opposite and foul with my legs and I have to be extra conscious about how I place my feet.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 15:54   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Anyway, finally Lady Marmalade comes home after a wait of close to 2 months. I booked the bike on the 9th Feb and was given an estimated delivery timeframe of 4 months. I had actually booked the Ravishing Red but informed the showroom folks that I was okay with any colour that could be delivered first.
Congrats on the purchase, if you don't mind can i ask you whether you took the delivery from Bommasandra motors.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2019 at 16:35. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 3rd April 2019, 16:58   #639
BHPian

Wow that is a healthy increase in the number of interceptors in team bhp.
I guess i am in a minority who have cancelled my interceptor booking and settled for a Jap.
_raviShankar_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 17:04   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
7. Footpegs are the worst. The placement is odd and makes it harder to move on the bike while sitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I'm 5'11" and have a slightly different experience on the footpegs issue than most TBHPians. The pegs on the Interceptor 650 are perfectly fine for me when I sit on the bikes in the showroom and when I stop while on a ride.
I think the conclusion is that the footpegs are Ok for taller riders.
I had no issue with them at all. Infact I was very surprised with so many complaints.

If you really want to see bad footpegs, take a test ride on the Harley Roadster
Old 4th April 2019, 09:15   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend brought his new Interceptor to the gym yesterday, so got to take a quick spin.

After living with a TB for 12 years now, I'm really not a fan of RE and wouldn't want to own another one. But have to say, was very, very impressed with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
Man, is that a RE even?
My sentiment exactly. Very refined engine, great pull and thank heavens doesn't sound anything like an RE! (That silly 'thump' is overrated and since everyone and his garage brother these days has those irritating 'extra thump' silencers on, it has become downright irritating! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I think the conclusion is that the footpegs are Ok for taller riders. I had no issue with them at all.
Found the footpegs weird at first, but within a couple of minutes had forgotten about them, so I think they're ok too. But how come the rear brake lever looks exactly like the gear lever?!

If the next flagship from them is as much of a quantum leap as this one, it should be pretty amazing.
Old 4th April 2019, 16:30   #642
BHPian

Got a call yesterday from dealership that my CGT (Ice Queen) has landed and to initiate the payment process. Can't wait to lay my hands on the beauty Went to showroom today and started the payment process and decided on the accessories (paid for it as well). Opted for big crash guard, short flyscreen, sump guard and black reservoir cap. Bike is at the yard and hence couldn't get a look at it. Going to take another 5 days for all the payment process to be completed.

Couple of questions to the thread:

1. Should i insist on a pre-delivery inspection? If yes, what are the things i should be looking for apart from any physical damages?
2. Any other important accessories that i should have from day-1?
3. Any riding gear worth buying from RE?

Looking forward to my second bike ownership. THe first was 20 years ago with my Yamaha RX135
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 17:58   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
1. Should i insist on a pre-delivery inspection? If yes, what are the things i should be looking for apart from any physical damages?
2. Any other important accessories that i should have from day-1?
3. Any riding gear worth buying from RE?
1. Sure. Why not? Check any leaks or damaged parts.
2. Fit the leg guard from the Showroom itself. A lot of people don't fit it (mostly due to stock unavailability at the point).
3. Riding gear is always a must irrespective of what you ride. If you're due for a decent helmet, I would suggest getting one. If not, you could always just buy riding jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
My sentiment exactly. Very refined engine, great pull and thank heavens doesn't sound anything like an RE! (That silly 'thump' is overrated and since everyone and his garage brother these days has those irritating 'extra thump' silencers on, it has become downright irritating! ).
The interesting part was when the person accompanying me thought that the vehicle must be making a lot more thump than the Classics or Thunderbirds, since it has Twin exhausts.
Old 4th April 2019, 21:06   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Congrats on the purchase, if you don't mind can i ask you whether you took the delivery from Bommasandra motors.
Thank you! Yes, it was at Bommasandra motors.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 18:18   #645
BHPian

I took delivery of the Orange Crush I650 on 29-Mar. Had booked a Baker Express on 9th Feb 2019. Total on road with accessories is 3.18 Lac.

Seems we need to create a WhatsApp group for the blore folks
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190330_131636.jpg  

adityasiera is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks