Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2024, 14:24   #4276
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
I am also getting Khat Khat sound, seems like front shocker is very lose. This is happening just after replacing spoke wheels with alloys. Please advise, what could be the reason.
While I cannot explain why this is happening after your wheel change, the noise could be from the spacer between the spring and the fork cap. This is a known issue on the interceptor and you will find many references to it online.
I recently installed preload adjusters and the spacer noise has gone away.
You can see the spacers here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5714330 (DIY: Fitting of Marsh preload adjusters on a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
No. It was a thud thud noise. It goes away on tightening the T stem and comes back after 2000 kms. Persistent issue
Cheers
I have never checked or thought about this so far. Do you check and tighten the T stem on your own?

I have had two coneset replacements within 16k kms so maybe this issue was taken care of unknowingly
jomson13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 15:12   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
I have never checked or thought about this so far. Do you check and tighten the T stem on your own?

I have had two coneset replacements within 16k kms so maybe this issue was taken care of unknowingly
I take it to the ASC. It is just a minute from my house. I get the bike checked every 5000 kms with oil top up if required. They do the tightening then. If needed, invariably it is needed, I go in between as well and get it checked.
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 17:31   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Asking price is definitely on the higher side. I got mine, new, in BLR, a year ago with extended warranty and RSA for approx. INR 3.6 lacs. I would say there is room for negotiation.
I got one in Bangalore which was from June 23 and run only for 1237 Kms , which was a Cali Green and looked new in all respects including the tyres and no visible scratches . It was also fitted with the touring big box in the back and the touring seat, with raised handle bars , Engine Sump guard and Engine crash guard. Was hardly able to neogiate much and had to settle in for INR 3,20,000 which included cost of RC transfer. Having gone so far, decided to take the plunge - Same color as my car and almost the same number as well.
1237 Kms is hardly driven and almost new. Later when checked with the service centre , showed no claims and odometer mileage seemed to be correct. All in all , a happy buy for me - though I hardly use the bike, only for late evening rides to buy essential groceries, weekend morning rides for a couple of kms. Felt it was worth the buy for the years to come.

Last edited by mjkaushal : 29th February 2024 at 17:32. Reason: spelling mistake
mjkaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 01:23   #4279
BHPian

I happened to book Int Black Ray with RE Company store, Hyderabad in November and even after 3.5 months approx, they’ve no clue on when the bike could be delivered. Calls and emails to customer service and the store are in vain. Initial promised date was in December but the app date kept moving to 6th March and then subsequently to 3rd April as of today. With zero updates it’s frustrating and no other dealer in the city seems to have one available in my colour theme, Black ray.

It would be great if anyone can DM me the contact details of Regional Sales Manager for RE in Hyderabad and/or any higher-ups to escalate this?

Last edited by raiuday : 1st March 2024 at 01:24.
raiuday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 01:47   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I got one in Bangalore which was from June 23 and run only for 1237 Kms , which was a Cali Green and looked new in all respects including the tyres and no visible scratches . It was also fitted with the touring big box in the back and the touring seat, with raised handle bars , Engine Sump guard and Engine crash guard. Was hardly able to neogiate much and had to settle in for INR 3,20,000 which included cost of RC transfer. Having gone so far, decided to take the plunge - Same color as my car and almost the same number as well.
Cali Green is a sick shade, and I wish this option been present when I booked. INR 3.2 is a great deal (), especially considering all the accessories you received. My usage is similar to yours, in that the bike is a 'feel-good' toy for me.

Please do start the bike every couple of days if your usage is sporadic. I do not know why, but the INT battery discharges quite rapidly.
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 09:25   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Cali Green is a sick shade, and I wish this option been present when I booked. INR 3.2 is a great deal (), especially considering all the accessories you received. My usage is similar to yours, in that the bike is a 'feel-good' toy for me.

Please do start the bike every couple of days if your usage is sporadic. I do not know why, but the INT battery discharges quite rapidly.
You mentioned Cali Green is a sick shade and even then you wished for this option .. Did I read your sentence correctly ??

Yes, You're right !! Its a feel good toy for me as well.
Old 1st March 2024, 15:34   #4282
BHPian

My friend and I booked Int650 on Feb 15th and today vehicle was bought to the showroom from their stockyard. What I heard was, if you have customized booking (by paying 20k), then you will get the vehicle early. In the stockyard, there were 2 Black Ray and 2 Barcelona Blue both with Black Premium touring seats. So I selected Barcelona Blue and my friend selected Black Ray. Did PDI today and we are expecting registration/delivery by mid of next week.

BTW - I had 2022 Dec Hunter 350 ran for 5k and my friend had 2022 Dec Meteor 350 ran for 8k. After recently driving one of the common friend's Int650, immediately decided to jump into the 650 madness

One more factor for quick jump was the 7% increase in RTO charges from April1st in Karnataka.
vinya_jag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 00:56   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
You mentioned Cali Green is a sick shade and even then you wished for this option .. Did I read your sentence correctly ??
Sorry, was trying to be cool with the language. I meant Cali Green is absolutely stunning - especially in bright daylight. Alas, it was not available when I bought the bike.
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 20:21   #4284
BHPian

Is 2L a decent price for a 2019 model Interceptor ridden for approx 3500 km? Still need to do the test ride, but the owner mentioned that he does not ride is much has is just kept parked at his place
Old 4th March 2024, 18:28   #4285
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Is 2L a decent price for a 2019 model Interceptor ridden for approx 3500 km? Still need to do the test ride, but the owner mentioned that he does not ride is much has is just kept parked at his place
Sounds like a steal in place like Bangalore. The bike is run only 3500 km in 4 years, so that should be a point to investigate. While low mileage is good to have, at times there may be more that what meets the eye. Consumables like battery may require replacement and even tyre may have passed their prime life time, even though unused. All in all, take a spin and go for it if your heart connects with the bike.
nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:10   #4286
BHPian

Hi fellow 650 owners,

I own a 2019 INT650 and it is going strong.
The only thing I miss in bike is the gear position indicator.
Many times I tried to upshift from 6th gear.

Is it possible to install a gear position indicator ? Any suggestion, please?
vivek_k_p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:26   #4287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
Happens to me every single time, even after years of riding & 13K Km on Interceptor. Save the money, enjoy the missing 7th gear & the homongous torque of 6th gear. If at all there's a problem, it is to be attributed to the twins, not as riders

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th March 2024 at 08:53. Reason: As requested.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 15:30   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
I thought it was just me!! 16,000 kms in 1 year and i still end up doing this!! Thanks for the company!
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:05   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow 650 owners,

I own a 2019 INT650 and it is going strong.
The only thing I miss in bike is the gear position indicator.

Is it possible to install a gear position indicator ? Any suggestion, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Happens to me every single time, even after years of riding & 13K Km on Interceptor. Save the money, enjoy the missing 7th gear & the homongous torque of 6th gear. If at all there's a problem, it is to be attributed to the twins, not as riders
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I thought it was just me!! 16,000 kms in 1 year and i still end up doing this!! Thanks for the company!
Cheers
The issue for me is on the opposite side; When encountering steep speed breakers, I end up downshifting to 1st instead of restricting myself to 2nd.
It has become a bit of an irritant for me.
Old 8th March 2024, 15:47   #4290
BHPian

I'm facing a delivery timeline issue with my Interceptor booking.

I booked Barcelone blue Interceptor 650 on May 2023 and informed the dealer that I would take delivery in 2024.

Since January 2024, Im following up with the dealer. Initially, the dealer promised delivery in February 2024. Now that is past, the dealer is mentioning sometime in March 2024.

As an NRI, my availability in Kerala is just for 4 weeks from March 10th, and booked so early to avoid any delay in delivery and I can fully enjoy the motorcycle. But seems that's not gonna happen.

Also in February, I got a message from Royal Enfield that I have postponed delivery by 7 days, which I haven't done. Attaching a screenshot of the same here. I'm not sure if the dealer made some arrangements and delivered it to someone else. Not sure about it though.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royal_enfield.jpeg

I have written about this delay to Royal Enfield, let's see if that will help for a timely delivery.
DrvSafe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks