Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 17:05   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Guys, do we expect the adventure line to be refreshed in lines of the design changes in the Duke line-up??
Old 17th November 2023, 19:06   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Guys, do we expect the adventure line to be refreshed in lines of the design changes in the Duke line-up??
Ofcourse. Next year. Spy shots of the bike testing have been spotted in Europe.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 20:56   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without a doubt, the ADV line will be refreshed. If my sources are to be believed, new models based off the newer engine might be an entrant soon. The space is heating up super-hot and it's spectacular times we're in.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 17th November 2023, 21:11   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Without a doubt, the ADV line will be refreshed. If my sources are to be believed, new models based off the newer engine might be an entrant soon. The space is heating up super-hot and it's spectacular times we're in.

Cheers!
VJ
I think the 2025 390 Adv won't be sharing a chassis with the Duke 390 either. As far as I know, it and an Enduro bike with the same engine will share a new off-road focused frame and sub-frame as well!
Old 18th November 2023, 07:55   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Not sure if this is specific to my bike but I was far more comfortable taking a honda unicorn or rr310 beyond 6k rpm in 3-4th gear over 390 adv.

I would easily touch 120kmph in short bursts on rr310 but Ktm feels stressed so I rarely touch 100 on the same road.

Yes I feel the bike is now faster and smoother after first service.
Before first service it may feel so.

Suggest check the air filter.
In first service they do not change it.

Depends on area we have been riding; the filter may get clogged earlier if riding in dusty areas.
Air filter clogging does hold back the pick up & makes it feel like suffocating (dragging itself) to each top speeds.

(Life of stock air filter seems to hold for ~2500km only. I had to change my air filter just ~2000km on odo! Have put the stock air filter again & pull on a new air filter was pretty noticeable the way it reached 120-130)
Biker_Ajax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 04:17   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Koshy View Post
I will be visiting the SVC this weekend to enquire whether anything can be done under warranty. Even a pro rata discount would be a good gesture, if they are able to provide the same.While on the topic of replacement rubber for the 390 ADV , it would be very helpful if fellow owners could share their experiences with other brands. The grip level that the tourance offers is exceptional. However brands like Reise, Maxxiss and Apollo have tyres at 1/3rd the price of the tourance. Will the riding experinece take a major hit if I switch to other brands ?

P.S My usage would be primarily for touring.

Hey,

I'm currently in the same boat as you. Dealing with a side wall crack on my front Metzeler tires, and the service center has asked me to send the tire to them for examination by the manufacturer. It's a waiting game now to see if they'll replace it under warranty.

In the meantime, thanks to a suggestion from @virajvroom, I've decided to go for a Maxxis Maxxplore tire, which costed ₹3100, including shipping from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I got it from Torque Block, and they recommended the Maxxis Maxxplore as a close match to my rear Metzeler tire. I'm yet to fix the tyre though!

Torque Block also suggested that if I'm considering replacing the rear tire, the Reise Moto Tour R is the top choice for 80% touring and 20% off-road capability, followed by Apollo. For those leaning more towards off-road adventures, the Maxxis Maxxplore takes the lead with a 60% touring and 40% off-road capability.

You can get it touch with them +91 6366 625 625.

Hope this helps
bharathdonti is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 20:45   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
I'm using a 3rd party Android app called Navigation for KTM motorcycles. Google Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ingen.maps4ktm.

With my phone connected to the bike via bluetooth and the above app installed, I do the following to get the Navigation instructions on my bike:

1. Open Google maps and start the navigation.
2. After the navigation has started, open the KTM navigation app and click on the refresh connection button.

For iOS, there seems to be a 'KTMConnect' app, but going by the reviews online it seems to be awful.

If you have a used Android phone lying around you can try this app on that.
I am gonna give this a try again. Was planning to get a 3.5 inch Android navigator from China instead.
virajvroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 21:02   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The spy pics are pretty clear, and based on the recent launches by KTM, we should conclude that the production version will be very close to what we have seen. The 390 ADV now will be a completely different lineup with sub-versions of its own. The first generation 390 ADV was KTM testing the waters. My hunch though is that this new one will lack the characters of the current version for good (for the 'Experts' who want it to be a pure off-road bike as they own the copyright of ADVENTURE and its applicability only for off-road/enduro conquests) and bad (for 'folks like me who crave a do-it-all fun bike for whom city commutes and sports touring can be an ADVENTURE as well').
1. The current version, due to its seat height, creates a good entry barrier, making you feel that you own an exclusive product. Most won't buy the current 390 ADV even if they can afford to
2. The upcoming design is more Off-Road/Dual Sport oriented. No matter what the 'Experts' boast about the Himalayan, I personally have never felt it to be agile. Similar to my experience riding the Multistrada Enduro 1260S in comparison to the Multistrada 950S. The moment there is a large fuel tank or a 21-inch wheel in front or both, the bike loses its KTMish street sharpness (the BMW boxer engine being an exception). The current KTM 390 ADV does an acceptable job on all terrains. It might not be as off-road-focused as the Himalayan, and it might not be as sharp as the Duke. But it surely gives the best of both worlds, making it a versatile bike to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
KTM is testing the next-generation iteration of its 390 Adventure offering.

The new-gen KTM 390 Adventure is said to get several updates both in terms of design and mechanical changes. Reports suggest, the next-gen KTM 390 Adventure could get a more off-road focussed 'R' version, which would be sold alongside the standard model.

Attachment 2386789

Now, ahead of its global unveil, the next-gen 390 Adventure R has been spotted testing. As seen from the images, the new-gen 390 ADV can be seen with a 21-inch wheel at the front & 17 or 18-inch wheels at the rear. The bike also features adjustable USD forks with more travel, along with a new chassis and swingarm. KTM is also expected to offer the next-gen 390 ADV with a new engine, which will debut on the brand's upcoming new-gen 390 Duke.

Spy images also showcase the new 390 Adventure featuring a redesigned front end with a new vertically-stacked headlamp setup, a larger windscreen, a dirt-bike style fender and a large TFT display for the instrument cluster.

Attachment 2386788

Alongside the next-gen KTM 390 Adventure was the upcoming 390 Enduro. The next-gen KTM 390 Enduro can also be seen with multiple accessories and soft luggage mounted at the back. The Enduro is said to get the same engine, chassis & suspension as the next-gen 390 ADV.

Attachment 2386787

Braking on both motorcycles is via 'Bybre', indicating that both models could be manufactured at KTM's India facility.

Both motorcycles are expected to be unveiled sometime in 2023. The next-gen KTM 390 Adventure will make its way to India, although a timeline for its launch is yet to be announced.

Source: Motorrad

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by virajvroom : 19th November 2023 at 21:14.
virajvroom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 21:20   #1239

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Ktm Goregaon offered the best of discount 6k on 390 Adv Std.
How did you manage to find any discounts ? I have been going up and down Bangalore but none of the showrooms so far have even seemed inclined to give me one. Today, one of the sales executives just pointed me to another customer who took the delivery of the SW variant without ever taking its test drive.

Is this just a Bangalore thing ?
Old 21st November 2023, 09:57   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfool_Wheeler View Post
How did you manage to find any discounts ? I have been going up and down Bangalore but none of the showrooms so far have even seemed inclined to give me one. Today, one of the sales executives just pointed me to another customer who took the delivery of the SW variant without ever taking its test drive.

Is this just a Bangalore thing ?
Shift to Maharashtra Just kidding. Bangalore is notorious for its pricing and Mumbai for its bargaining. Not just KTMs. Just ask them to give you at least a helmet and a pair of gloves. Or even better, hunt the used bikes market. I once saw a 400 km ridden bike selling just for 3,60,000/- inclusive of transfers in Bangalore. But ditched the thought considering the transfer hassles. Or wait till the 2025 version launches. You should get a good bargain on the existing model then.
virajvroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 14:13   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Hey,

I'm currently in the same boat as you. Dealing with a side wall crack on my front Metzeler tires, and the service center has asked me to send the tire to them for examination by the manufacturer. It's a waiting game now to see if they'll replace it under warranty.

Hope this helps
I had visited the SVC last weekend to show the side cracks. However the service advisor was puzzled and explained that this is the first time someone is bringing in their 390 Adv for such an issue. He asked me to bring it on a week day so that his service head will be present for inspection. I will also have to go through your route of sending the tyre to the Company and wait for a replacement or pro rata discount (more likely), if they decide to honor the warranty.
I had already contacted Torqueblock and they were very swift with their responses. They also have an outlet/warehouse in Kochi which is convenient. I am also looking at the Maxxis Maxxplore and Reise Tour R as options for the interim. I have heard rave reviews about the Reise and will decide between the two once I get first hand feedback. Please share your experience with Maxxis and how it compares with the Tourance once you add some miles on it.
Tom.Koshy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 17:54   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Koshy View Post
I had visited the SVC last weekend to show the side cracks. However the service advisor was puzzled and explained that this is the first time someone is bringing in their 390 Adv for such an issue. He asked me to bring it on a week day so that his service head will be present for inspection. I will also have to go through your route of sending the tyre to the Company and wait for a replacement or pro rata discount (more likely), if they decide to honor the warranty.
I had sent the tyre to the KTM dealer. ASM will look in to the tyre first and if he is convinced, he will send the tyre to the manufacturer. I'm not sure on what basis the ASM evaluates the tyre though.

Quote:
I had already contacted Torqueblock and they were very swift with their responses. They also have an outlet/warehouse in Kochi which is convenient. I am also looking at the Maxxis Maxxplore and Reise Tour R as options for the interim. I have heard rave reviews about the Reise and will decide between the two once I get first hand feedback. Please share your experience with Maxxis and how it compares with the Tourance once you add some miles on it.

Opt for the Reise Moto Tour R when replacing both tires; otherwise, go for Maxxis Maxxplore.

I had the tire installed earlier today, and I have a ride scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I'll provide feedback soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.47-2.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.48.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.47.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.47-1.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.45-1.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.45.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.46-1.jpeg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20231121-17.40.46.jpeg  

bharathdonti is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:40   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I had sent the tyre to the KTM dealer. ASM will look in to the tyre first and if he is convinced,

I had the tire installed earlier today, and I have a ride scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I'll provide feedback soon.
Superb. I will await the tire review.

Sharing this quick table, which I had created before, so that it saves some time for others. Red stands for deviation from Metzeler specs.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-tyresize.png  

Last edited by virajvroom : 23rd November 2023 at 17:43.
virajvroom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 22:18   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajvroom View Post
Sharing this quick table, which I had created before.
You can also add MRF ZAPPER Kurve to the list which is available in 100/90 -19 and 150/70-17. These tyres come as stock on Honda CB350RS

There is very small difference between the 130/80 and 150/70 as seen here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r17-150-70r17

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-1.jpg

The Zapper Kurve have H speed rating and I plan to use them once the MRF Meteor on my KTM 250 ADV are done.
advstreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 03:31   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
You can also add MRF ZAPPER Kurve to the list which is available in 100/90 -19 and 150/70-17. These tyres come as stock on Honda CB350RS

The Zapper Kurve have H speed rating and I plan to use them once the MRF Meteor on my KTM 250 ADV are done.
Thanks for sharing the tool. It will help to understand tire profiles better. Also, MRF Zapper lineup spans over the pure road and dual sport tire categories, while the Meteor lineup is pure off-road, just in case someone is pondering over! Whichever works best for your needs.

There is a huge list of alternate tires. However, my intent was to keep things as close to stock as possible. Just for someone starting, though, it would be good for you to be mindful of the tire width and aspect ratio. Based on the weather of your location, even a few cms of a difference might make the tire behave erratically; tires might start hugging the mudguards or swing arms. Always consult the tirewala (workman and not the retail store owner), who can help you with these tire sizes before ordering. Safest bet; insist on the exact match.

Last edited by virajvroom : 24th November 2023 at 03:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks