Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 21:57   #1096
BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Kind Request: Latest Owner manual and warranty details

Hi Folks. I am facing some issues with the KTM app. Wondering if anybody has the pdf copy of the latest ownership manual and warranty details. Also, any idea how the warranty for the stock Metzeler Tyres works?
Old 4th August 2023, 12:39   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajvroom View Post
Kind Request: Latest Owner manual and warranty details

Hi Folks. I am facing some issues with the KTM app. Wondering if anybody has the pdf copy of the latest ownership manual and warranty details. Also, any idea how the warranty for the stock Metzeler Tyres works?
Please use the below link to download the manual. The ASEA book is what you will require

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/service/manuals.html

There seems to be no express warranty for the tyres. The tyre life depends on a lot of factors depending on the rider and the riding conditions. Just check the manufacturing date of the tyre. If it matches with the vehicle manufacturing date or somewhat about that time, it should not been an issue.

Are you having any issue with the tyres?
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 19:17   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Please use the below link to download the manual. The ASEA book is what you will require

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/service/manuals.html

There seems to be no express warranty for the tyres. The tyre life depends on a lot of factors depending on the rider and the riding conditions. Just check the manufacturing date of the tyre. If it matches with the vehicle manufacturing date or somewhat about that time, it should not been an issue.

Are you having any issue with the tires?
Yes. The front tire (Metzeler) seems to have developed thin cracks on the side walls causing the air to escape every 15 days or so. I have raised the issue with the service centers. However, each service center seems to have its own process. One says the warranty is for a year another says the whole bike needs to be left for a day to understand the cause of the problem and another one asked me to check with Metzeler directly

Last edited by virajvroom : 4th August 2023 at 19:21.
Old 6th August 2023, 21:32   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The front tire (Metzeler) seems to have developed thin cracks on the side walls causing the air to escape every 15 days or so. I have raised the issue with the service centers. However, each service center seems to have its own process. One says the warranty is for a year another says the whole bike needs to be left for a day to understand the cause of the problem and another one asked me to check with Metzeler directly
You sure have a 50-50 chance. Since, tires, brake pads, and chain set, come under usual "wear and tear" dictum as per manufacturer. Your luck might perhaps get tested when it comes to an actual replacement under warranty. Chances are you might be required to leave the bike so that they inspect it thoroughly before coming to a decision.

But keep pushing, who knows, you might get lucky and sometimes when you do, everything falls in place super fast and everything gets replaced in a heartbeat. Keep the showroom folks engaged, esp the manager in loop as much as you can so that you're heard. If the bike's warranty period is "consummated", consider your luck close to zero with the tire.

And a sincere good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 08:57   #1100
BHPian

Re: An update @ 75K

Quote:
I would like to know more about your experience with the FuelX Lite, especially in resolving the low-end torque issue
I can ride in 3rd gear/~ 30 KMPH combination without any judder thanks to FuelX. Using the pro gives you even more control, so maybe the results will be more pronounced in that case.
rb2399 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 18:16   #1101

Hi folks, I have just started my journey with the Adventure 390. As someone who comes from riding the RE Himalayan and primarily uses my bike for city commuting, I have a question regarding gear shifting.

The Himalayan, due to its torquey nature, can be ridden in higher gears in the city without any lugging. However, in the case of the Adventure 390, I am still learning when to shift. Many times, I shift up around 4000 RPM, causing the engine to lug. I've also tried shifting after 5000 RPM, but the bike feels too responsive in 2nd or 3rd gear. What is your shifting pattern? Is there any technique to ride it slower without causing the engine to lug?

I've attempted to balance the clutch to achieve higher RPMs, but I'm a little concerned that it might wear out the clutch quickly. Does it actually have that effect?
aslampr07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 22:07   #1102
BHPian

I am feeling elated that I made the right decision buying the 390ADV. This thread is super active and gives a sense of camaraderie. Something I guess only the superbike owners had the luxury of until now.

My journey of accessorizing just started. This is the first one.

Accessory 1: Bike Blazer cover for the ADV.
Compact, Convenient, and Super easy to install. No need to find a place to store your cover. It goes with you.

Hidden Feature: It comes with a rain mode. It's just an elastic band that can be hooked to the tail lamp, which creates a barrier between the cover and the seat surface. Thus preventing the cover from sticking to the seats due to moisture entering inside.

The only drawback is that it doesn't cover the bike completely. On contacting the team, they agreed that the design is not a defect. In an effort to keep the product compact, their covers won't cover the lower quarter of the bikes, especially tall bikes like the 390ADV.

Product Video:
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-bikeblazer.jpg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-bb1.png  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-bb2.png  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-bb3.png  

Last edited by virajvroom : 13th August 2023 at 22:16.
virajvroom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 00:30   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslampr07 View Post
Hi folks, I have just started my journey with the Adventure 390. As someone who comes from riding the RE Himalayan and primarily uses my bike for city commuting, I have a question regarding gear shifting.

The Himalayan, due to its torquey nature, can be ridden in higher gears in the city without any lugging. However, in the case of the Adventure 390, I am still learning when to shift. Many times, I shift up around 4000 RPM, causing the engine to lug. I've also tried shifting after 5000 RPM, but the bike feels too responsive in 2nd or 3rd gear. What is your shifting pattern? Is there any technique to ride it slower without causing the engine to lug?

I've attempted to balance the clutch to achieve higher RPMs, but I'm a little concerned that it might wear out the clutch quickly. Does it actually have that effect?

I have a Himalayan and a Duke 390 so I can answer that question for you.

The KTM will never be a Himalayan but there is something which you can do to use it kind of like an Activa. At 2nd gear, speed of 26 to 28 kilometers; the motorcycle putters along without any accelerator input. The speed is still too low for 2nd gear so if you give it a little bit of throttle; it will try and give you a jerk / snatchy response. However, at 26 to 28 km/hr; it will chug along due to it hitting the right spot in terms of idle rpm and chain slack (or the lack of it thereof).

I ride it this way in crawling traffic. If I need to slow down to lets say 18-22 km/hr, I tap the clutch lightly by 1 mm or 2 mm for a few seconds (as I would tap the brake) and the bike would crawl along. Traffic moving again, I would let the clutch go and the speed would go up to the normal 26 to 28 km/hr. If I need to speed up to cover a temporary gap; I usually would NOT. Because any accelerator input to increase the speed just by a few kilometers from 28 to 32 or 33 km/hr would make the bike jerk as a result of the snatchy throttle.

So ONLY if there is a long clear path ahead of me, where I can accelerate 'properly' out of 2nd gear to speeds about 35km/hr to 40 km/hr or more - I will accelerate. However, if it is just a temporary gap which has cleared up, I will still putter along at the 2nd gear idle rpm - chain slack combination of 26 to 28km / hr with everybody behind me honking and egging me on to cover the gap quickly

This is all I have been able to come up with. Hope it helps. The KTM is a temperamental animal in stop and go traffic. This is a compromise I have been able to come up with. No effect on the clutch life if you use or tap it lightly like a brake. Yes - dont pull it in all the way. Just a light 1mm - 2 mm temporary tap for 2 or 4 seconds is all that is needed to putter along at 18 km/hr speeds.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 14th August 2023 at 00:37.
rahul4321 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 10:44   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslampr07 View Post
Hi folks, I have just started my journey with the Adventure 390. As someone who comes from riding the RE Himalayan and prim
Never a fan of RE as had a way lot of quality issues, so take my criticism with a pinch of salt. The Himalayan exists because there is no potent alternative. Neither the Yezdi nor the Dominar could dethrone it. Hopefully the Triumph Scram 400 will but only to an extent.

The ADV390 has a serious low end issue and the only easy way seems to be sprocketing or using FuelX. Probably they didn't test it with Indian traffic conditions. Using the clutch often should not be an issue. I prefer replacing the clutch cables rather than knocking the engine.
virajvroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 20:00   #1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
I know of quite a few adv owners who’ve got the mirrors from the husqverna twins. The round shape might give better coverage, as per what a few owners have mentioned. These, in conjunction with blindspot mirrors, would help, I presume.

I have the husky mirrors. They vibrate a lot during idle and then once I cross 80 kmph, they are useless because the mirror vibrates. Maybe I got a defective unit.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd September 2023 at 22:38. Reason: Please use proper spacing and upper case as appropriate.
falcon.adv390 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th August 2023, 20:12   #1106
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Well, this is my first post here.
Hope i can do justice & match the quality of amazing posts here.

This is about the journey from decision to buy a new bike to 500 km of ownership

Loyal Wingman

I have been passionate about photography & just riding off to new places around every weekend & something new to explore. Did a lot of it on the trusty 19yr old Pulsar150 clocking +80k through dirt, mud, rocks, rains, heat & 15-20hr overnight rides just to reach a spot.
But realised it took me more time & effort riding to reach the place with the 150cc than exploring once i reach. It started showing its battle scars & age, but even now stands proudly having that soft click of first gear & roaring for more! Perfect loyal wingman!

New Bike Hunting

1yr back i decided to move on to a new bike. Sat down with a pen-paper & started making a list of requirements

Budget :- Mind fixes the budget, limited it to 3L. Heart was pushing for a sub-7L choice. Maybe something in between if it checks all requirements!

Capacity :- With the aim to push at 110-120 kmph without bursting the engine made it a 350cc (a 650cc if within budget).

Reliability :- Did not want a bike which is under repair 3 days of a week or requires persistent investment just to make it run. Something that pushes on & on without major issues stopping the journey (small niggles always pop in every bike)

Comfort & Safety :- Enjoying the journey is equally fun as reaching the destination SAFELY. Riding 6-12 hrs to be comfort. Handle innumerable senseless drivers. Braking, ABS, traction control (if a bike gives it within budget), good suspension for long fast highway cruise to rough roads & trails and bright illumination.

Fun to Ride :- Have that punch to push it in between long rides to zip around safely. Not a long sedated monotonous engine lugging long.

After sale support & servicing :- Getting one is not everything, wide support network, servicing ethic & quality, affordable parts to replace & knowledge of staff to solve issues.

With this in mind made the second list, the bikes that fall within this category. Did a lot of research online to visiting motorcycle group spots & taking firsthand experience. The list is in sequence i made the list:-

Classic 350 :- Every Indian since childhood dreams of this bike. Before we plan schooling and naukri we have had plans to own a RE Classic. Then riding with few Classics owners along- regular breakdowns of different systems, guys have to prepare bike 2 days in advance for long breakfast ride made me sad. Extremely poor quality control & finishing. Many would argue that new RE has better finish, but the fitting of it falls off soon. Not what i want.
Then came the HORROR STORY- going with friends to drop their REs for repair made me experience it -after sales service! Poor customer treatment & arrogant behaviour of service staff to "chalta hai attitude" just repelled me from RE. No customer asks for gold & silver, just basic bike repair yet the way they treat customers & work on motorcycles was shocking.
Poor Quality control, beyond horrible attitude of service staff & regular breakdown of small things made me cross it off.

Himalayan :- Brilliant bike! But same RE issues as mentioned above. Crossed it off the list. RE made a rugged bike just as per my needs, but experienced it that servicing happens on the personal relationship of the customer with that particular RE service station. What i felt is Good Quality of work is not a work ethic at RE. Crossed it off the list.

Honda Hness CB350 :- Whole world can be wrong in everything, but Japanese cannot be wrong in engine technology! I don't think anyone will disagree. What a marvellous engine, the quality finish & fit, the engineering common sense to small things done keeping the rider in mind (except the position of horn switch, hardly a matter). Took test drive more than couple of times, firsthand experience of riders & online reviews. Good comfort, safety, high reliability & budget. I came close to an inch from buying it. Only matter was, BigWing Showrooms only? Availability of spares if & when anything required? I won't be in a city with BigWing (job requirement). Honda should have ensured strong spare supply chain. Moved on to check more, still not crossing it off the list.

Interceptor:- RE experience, immediately off. Though it is best bang for buck for a 650cc. But as I feel its not for long rides. Least I won't be able to.

Yezdi Adventure :- Took multiple test rides. Lot of discussion with dealership. Not many on road, yet found couple of riders. Review was - go for it, but maintenance will be mostly from local shops-Not so great after sales support. Also, some gut feeling did not agree with it (I may be wrong, just what i felt). Would have been a half-hearted buy. Sheepishly crossed it.

Honda CB500X :- If i were to go with my heart only- i would have got it just that day! Even with Hness holding back of mind- this checked almost all. But, then the brain woke up- Budget buddy! That held me back. Just as everyone says, even i agree- it is overpriced for what it is! And support at BigWing only. I had a deal for second hand 500X at 5.2L (negotiable) , but being to Ladakh 3 times & a side collision history-no!

Versys 650 :- A Japanese marvel again! School time friend managed it for a spin & what a beauty! Oh it set my heart on fire! comfort-power-safety- I was hypnotised by V650 that day. But, V650 does not have a nature to take it off-the-road (not comparing it to an offroad bike). Highways it will rule, can do a light trail only maybe. My requirement was also some off-the-road rough areas. Visit to dealership, inputs from the owner & some riders- the regular normal maintenance will lighten my wallet. For that pleasure-one has to pay.

KTM :- honestly, it was never on my mind or my list. Over few drinks with my boss discussing bikes, cars, LOTR & photography (good to have a cool boss), he suggested I give 390Adv a try. Never had encounter with KTM owners / riders along, so it was an unexplored territory for me.

Started my homework. Finding owners for reviews, reading through reviews here & videos, showroom visit etc. First visit to KTM showroom was at KTM Gurgaon Opp sec 14, MG Road some time in June end. Sat down with Mr Ravi to discuss my requirements, bikes I have explored, & issues i am worried & particular about, costing, service etc- all the page long questions i had. He heard me patiently & called for test ride bike. His only line was, take a test ride & then we may discuss more after. I had only gone to check it out, understand the network, the nature of dealership, visit to its service station later & just observe.. but got a test ride too. No showroom had given me this much time, heard & understood me & gave a test ride on first visit (not even RE)

KTM 390 Adventure First Experience

Height :- As expected it is tall. I'm 5.10 (77kg) & can touch both toes down. Shift on seat a bit and full foot is firmly on ground. That gave me confidence i can handle it (against the deal breaker hype i had heard of).

Posture & Comfort :- Wide handlebars, upright triangle, tall. After I sat on the bike i was above Mr Ravi when he was standing. Wow! Kind of view one would get being in an SUV. It has a dominating posture. Seat is wide, did like that. But let's check more. Requested Mr Ravi to mount as i sat as pillion. Wide seat again! As i am expecting pillion rider couple times. Hard seat as many say! The fuel tank is tapered towards seat and that allowed me holding the tank.

Weight :- Where is the weight! After being on Classic, Himalayan & CB500X - 390Adv is light. This was least expected. This was good for my needs. More was how this would hold in traffic, trails & off track to reach where i want to be!

Quality, fit & finish :- Lot better than RE, better than Bajaj bikes, but cannot match Honda. Kind of in between. The tactile feel of the switches was good. Paint job- good quality, least i did not expect it this good from KTM (with zero experience of KTM before). Plastics quality was good. Not the cheap flimsy plastics that would crack. Wiring- this is all over the bike. On seeing KTM i could see wires,wires & engine! Honda has a good wiring discipline. KTM has to learn this. Open connections! Wiring quality is fair, but discipline is not good for the price point they want.

Test Ride :- Thoughts in first 5 seconds- bit vibey, bit i say. IT is there! Cannot deny it. Could flick it around, manoeuvre through the bad road roads on that stretch & zip through traffic! I loved this nature in the bike. Got a smile on me! It ACCELERATES! Instant response to my throttle inputs- no lag. Front brake bites. WOW! I did another test ride after couple of weeks. Met few riders, had my boss get me his friends reviews, read more, another ride.

Final Decision :- Going to that first page i made- my requirements-highway cruise to bad village roads to trails- adjustable suspension made sense. Std to Rally cost difference was not much. Either Adv X or Rally sounded a choice. So, Rally it is! With BH registration, that initial full payment was saved. I could get my insurance as i want & not forced my showroom. Saved bit there. Was coming to 3.9L. That fit close to budget. Reliability-Yes! Will hold me for days of riding without any major issues or breakdown. Heard & read lot about good servicing experience! Affordable to maintain & widely available accessories (though i believe keep it OEM) This all was heartening. Comfort- Firm seats, will check more on that over some time. Safety- Got all the technology that one gets in >10L bikes. And it helps, someday it will save life once, that's all is needed, once & it has paid its due (as i learnt it later)

Buying Experience

Finally booked the bike with 5k payment. Fixed the date of 04th August.
Before payment & all photographs wanted a PDI, detailed one. Took 45 min to scan every inch of bike. Showroom was cooperative in every small thing i checked & questioned & never displayed any what a pain i am attitude.
Once satisfied payment was hassle free, yet the paper work took long long long. Thankfully had company along & pillion was more excited than i was!
Finally could ride out of showroom calling it MY BIKE by 5PM.
No matter how much we grow, we still have a child in us, that childish smile was there.

Riding Experience till 500 km

First Ride :- Fuel at nearest petrol station & went for puja. Pillion had already decided where, so went there! It could handle the Delhi outer ring road evening traffic effortlessly! Such light weight. Could push it with both feet down in the bumper traffic. Clutch is not as light, something to keep in mind.

Presence:- That KTM orange, additional Rally paint scheme is a head turner. It stands out as everyone got a glance at it. Besides other vehicles, the tall stance makes me feel that little high in air too. Loved these 500 km with head turning every time i take it out.

Taking the revving slow- keeping it under 6000 RPM (though the manual says 7500). Even though by 5000 i could reach 80kmph with such ease! IT is hungry for more, it calls your soul to rev & push more. Had to remind myself, relax relax relax. Such power to weight ratio is pleasing.

Getting into Neutral: - has been a pain since day one. I thought that maybe it will get easy after 100-200 km once i run the gears more. Even by 500km now, neutral is not falling in. Takes lot of moving 1st-2nd gear finding it. Somehow, when i am at slow speeds at 2nd gear & going to stop then it falls in smoothly. However, once i have stopped, neutral just does not fall in! Any guidance on this will help please.

Lights :- Felt kind of ok-ish for city rides / highways /less illuminated lanes. This is with my limited experience on it. Yet to take it away into dark roads. Had to adjust the light throw downwards- high beam was pointing at the stars!

FE so far :-The first top up after 200 kms (100 with pillion & 100 alone. Highway-city 50-50) Got a FE of 30 kmpl with RPM upto 5500 & 85 kmph.
Next filling was after another 200 kms (100 pillion & 100 alone. Highway 70-city 30) Got FE of 34.9 kmph with RPM upto 5500 & 80-100 kmph! Sounds so good.
The FE shown on TFT is kind of accurate to what i calculated post refuelling!
TFT-30.3 / Actual-30.51
TFT-34.9 / Actual-34.28 (mostly highway ride)

Vibrations:- Below 3000 RPM there are vibes all over. Higher the RPM more subtle / smoothen they get. I felt 4000-5000 is kind of sweet spot. 5000-5500 RPM gives smoother touch. Not gone beyond 6000 so far.

Low End Torque:- Going over tall pointy speed-bumps will need 1st gear. The long smooth speed-bumps needed 2nd gear. But then to pull ahead give more rev. Not the one which can do speed-bumps on 3rd gear that RE can do. Heavy traffic is 1st gear only & slow moving is 2nd gear only. REs low end torque is a different league above! This bike is meant for highways, high revs. Even the bit 10km trail i tried, higher speed & high rev gave better experience than slow speed. It is bike on high adrenaline. Kind of liked this nature over the slow i used to go so far. Will have to learn this technique, not so experienced on taking trails fast!

Seat Comfort:- Knew it was hard, not stone hard. I always take a break after 1.5hr for myself to stretch & twist the back & legs plus a chai. Just that now the bottoms will be more numb than before, longer breaks now. Will sure have to get a air comfy seat for those long duration rides planned. Somehow, pillion seemed more comfy with less pain than i was feeling!

Adjustable suspension :- It's a boon. We have to pay for it & we get the results. Front can be adjusted within a minute, rear say 10mins. Complete change of riding experience! It is such a good feeling to adjust comfort & riding experience as per our need that time, road condition, style we ride & tailor as per personal comfort & requirement. On highway I once tried the soft settings at rear & it gets bouncy to make me feel uncomfortable gut feel & touch. Changed it to hard for less bouncy front & rear.

Life Saving Braking on first ride experience- Went for photoshoot to Leopards Trail. Last i went was 1.5yr back. Unfortunately not the nature trail anymore but a party spot. Pillion & self went there after long ride at 7AM. At 40 kmph along while a small car & a SUV behind us blasting party music. So loud that we could not hear each other talking forget hearing any vehicle around the turn ahead. Coming to a turn 50 meters ahead, young kids with 4 on one motorcycle & group of 3 such bikes came out of turn fast (must be at 60-70kmph) & they lost control with one bike coming head on while other center of lane. Left side had downfall ditch so no option to go off the road there while other bikes on right-no way to go but stop. Had to apply all brakes full & THE BIKE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY IN COUPLE OF METERS! NEVER DID IT SKID, OR BALANCE OFF TO ONE SIDE, OR LOCKED (though we were only at 40 kmph). A chill through our spines as they grazed pass us & SUV getting a cracked windshield due to a drinks bottle that the kids threw at it. This Sunday realised how life saving the braking & technology is on this bike. BRAKING ON THIS BIKE WILL HELP SOMEDAY-SUNDAY WAS MY DAY!

Accessories:- Viaterra Stand Extension. Sturdy & holding good for now when parked on soft ground. Bobo phone mount. For now mounted it on the handle bar, will shift to its proper place in couple of days.

Windblastt:- Lots of it above 70kmph. High position of windshield does not help much. Can feel the blast from neck above straight on helmet. Not a fan of long bulky heavy Windshields. Maybe a extender? Any suggestions on specific model / company please?

Road Ahead

Rides Together: -Hope to catch up with fellow riders on the rides. Good Bike & Good company- That makes a ride perfect.

Neutral Issue:- Hoping that i can get the issue of neutral not falling in place sorted out. Am i doing something incorrect or it takes more than 500 km to get the gear into neutral!

First Service :- may come up by next weekend. Any tips, advice, suggestions, points to keep in mind? Motorex oil rather than Motul? Planning to remove the saree guard.

Good wishes & blessings from everyone to have safe rides & memorable moments

Attaching some photos from that first ride (could not do much with that experience & unhealthy crowd at the location)

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-untitled-5-42222.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-untitled-33-42.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-z50_0764recovered.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-untitled-42-42.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-untitled222.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th August 2023 at 20:26. Reason: Thanks for sharing. Two smileys/post please.
Biker_Ajax is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:44   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbhosle View Post
Good that you brought up the mirrors. Any aftermarket suggestions since the stock ones are obviously a joke?
I used to run apache mirrors on my 2013 Duke 390 and they were really good compared to stock mirrors. Wider view and better built. Also don't look out of place on a KTM if you shift the rubber boot from stock mirrors onto it.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-pxl_20221126_140553463.jpg

Last edited by b16h22 : 15th August 2023 at 22:05.
b16h22 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 00:23   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
I used to run apache mirrors on my 2013 Duke 390 and they were really good compared to stock mirrors. Wider view and better built. Also don't look out of place on a KTM if you shift the rubber boot from stock mirrors onto it.

Attachment 2491257
Good idea. Look better than the stock ones.

Off-topic: I got the tubeless conversion done on my SW today. Product used is the Way2speed tubeless conversion, which I have been using on my Interceptor for the past two years now, thankfully, without any issues, so far.

Last edited by rahulbhosle : 16th August 2023 at 00:25. Reason: Added new content
rahulbhosle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 01:13   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Ajax View Post

Road Ahead

Rides Together: -Hope to catch up with fellow riders on the rides. Good Bike & Good company- That makes a ride perfect.

Neutral Issue:- Hoping that i can get the issue of neutral not falling in place sorted out. Am i doing something incorrect or it takes more than 500 km to get the gear into neutral!

First Service :- may come up by next weekend. Any tips, advice, suggestions, points to keep in mind? Motorex oil rather than Motul? Planning to remove the saree guard.

Good wishes & blessings from everyone to have safe rides & memorable moments
A lot of your points are my exact experience as well.

This bike, or rather that engine, will turn you into a hooligan. It just goes and goes and keeps going as if the rev supply is unlimited. I have around 400 kms on the odo but still haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it on the highway on a long ride.

For the neutral issue, I suggest you play around with the clutch adjustment at the lever. I had the same issue as yours and I'm inching closer to my almost perfect setting where finding neutral isn't as difficult. Mostly the first service oil change should make things better.

Ride safe brother and welcome to the Orange family!
rahulbhosle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 08:31   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbhosle View Post
A lot of your points are my exact experience as well.

This bike, or rather that engine, will turn you into a hooligan. It just goes and goes and keeps going as if the rev supply is unlimited. I have around 400 kms on the odo but still haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it on the highway on a long ride.

For the neutral issue, I suggest you play around with the clutch adjustment at the lever. I had the same issue as yours and I'm inching closer to my almost perfect setting where finding neutral isn't as difficult. Mostly the first service oil change should make things better.

Ride safe brother and welcome to the Orange family!
Thank you for the well wishes.
Glad to be part of the Orange family.

Was waiting for 500km to complete before i fiddle around OEM settings.
-Clutch adjustment at the lever as u recommend.
-Else wait for first service, should help after oil change. Change of clutch cable if adjustments don’t work.
-Cant wait another 500km to get the ~4kg saree guard off.

On open highways, above 90, strong cross winds will wave the bike around due to its light weight. Look out for that.

Safe Rides

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks