Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 15:33   #946
BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi91 View Post
Could you share your feedback on those tyres and shed some light on their longevity?
These are stock as far as size is concerned. It's been ~ 6,000 KMs since I got them and they are kind of okay but nowhere near to Metz (obviously!).
The grip too is kind of average on dry surface and I am yet to test them on wet surface.

They should last long in my opinion (maybe ~ 20,000 KMs at least).
rb2399 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:40   #947
BHPian

I have a question to fellow 390 Adventure owners. I have an Adventure, which is 4 months old and completed the first service. Recently, I checked the engine oil level through the glass window and I was not able to see the oil when the bike was standing on 2 wheels. I could see the oil through the window only when I tilted the bike to the right side. I immediately took the bike to the service center, which is only 500m from my home. They checked it and they themselves were not sure. So, they checked another 390 Adventure whose engine oil was changed as part of the service which was available there. It showed the same behaviour as mine. But the 250 Adventure and my friend's 390 Duke shows the engine oil through the window, between the marks, as soon as you straighten the bike. Now, I'm totally confused. The manual also mentions that the oil level should be between the marks (Procedure - Start the bike, switch off the bike it reaches working temperature and wait for a minute, then check the oil level). As the engine is same, I expected the 390 Duke and 390 Adventure to exhibit the same behaviour, but it's not. Can somebody let me know?
Old 17th January 2023, 17:25   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Recently, I checked the engine oil level through the glass window and I was not able to see the oil when the bike was standing on 2 wheels. I could see the oil through the window only when I tilted the bike to the right side.

The manual also mentions that the oil level should be between the marks (Procedure - Start the bike, switch off the bike it reaches working temperature and wait for a minute, then check the oil level). As the engine is same, I expected the 390 Duke and 390 Adventure to exhibit the same behaviour, but it's not. Can somebody let me know?
I also kind of observed the same behavior after the first service on my ADV 250. But in my case, it was just slightly below the minimum mark. So I bought Motul 7100 oil and the bike took some 100ml or so to reach just below max level. It has been not repeated since then and I have done a couple more service and 15k KM till now.

Ask the service center guys to fill oil so that it is the correct level and if they dont bulge buy Motul 7100 oil and put it yourself. I still have the oil with me and happily can share with you in case you dont want to buy a new can just for 100 ml or so.
advstreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 20:56   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
So I bought Motul 7100 oil and the bike took some 100ml or so to reach just below max level. It has been not repeated since then and I have done a couple more service and 15k KM till now.
Thank you advstreak for the reply . I've actually proceeded on the same route. Have ordered Motul 7100 after referring to the manual and will get it by tomorrow. Will top up and see. I'm a bit skeptical now, on the knowledge level of the service center guys. The way they did the troubleshooting was weird.

Last edited by A350XWB : 17th January 2023 at 20:59.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 20:44   #950
BHPian

Has anybody tried moturenn's neck brace?
https://www.motourenn.com/products/k...390-neck-brace

Thinking of getting one for my KTM ADV 250. The brace should work better on the ADV 250 due to fewer vibrations compared to ADV 390.
Old 19th January 2023, 23:13   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody tried moturenn's neck brace?
https://www.motourenn.com/products/k...390-neck-brace

Thinking of getting one for my KTM ADV 250. The brace should work better on the ADV 250 due to fewer vibrations compared to ADV 390.
I've been using it for a little over a week now and I can tell that it reduces vibrations to a large extent.

Pls follow the installation instructions as mentioned in the little booklet especially the placement of the washers.
kesh4munni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 00:36   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I've been using it for a little over a week now and I can tell that it reduces vibrations to a large extent.

Pls follow the installation instructions as mentioned in the little booklet especially the placement of the washers.
Do you have an after-market windshield or/and aux lights mounted? Did you observe any effect on the windshield in that case?

I plan to go and pick it up from the Bangalore location itself and see if they can help out with the installation.
Old 20th January 2023, 11:10   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have an after-market windshield or/and aux lights mounted? Did you observe any effect on the windshield in that case?

I plan to go and pick it up from the Bangalore location itself and see if they can help out with the installation.
I'm using the stock windshield without aux lights. However, others on the KTM Adv Bangalore group with different windshields have also reported satisfactory reduction in vibrations.

- You can refer to this video on the installation procedure.
kesh4munni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:25   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakshay View Post
I'm almost 5'9" and I'm quite comfortable with the stock pegs
I too am 5'9", can you flatfoot with riding boots on? Any issues getting on and off?
Old 31st January 2023, 22:55   #955
BHPian

All, need some feedback based on your experience here.

I went to get my second service done this weekend at 7,300km on the ODO. First was done at ~1,000km.

2 days before the service I got a low oil pressure warning, which would came and went during my ride home from work. I took it to the service centre on the weekend for 2nd service and asked them to measure the oil which came out to 700-800ml down from 1.7L. Indicating the bike has consumed ~158ml/ 1,000kms. This does not seem normal at all to me. I am not too hard on the throttle and the bike does a weekend trip once a month with regular city rides.

A month back I noticed that I could not see the oil in the watch glass and took it to the service centre during which they tilted the bike a little and said there is enough. I placed higher value to their experience and ignored this, lesson learnt.

After noticing such high oil burn, the service center did not seem alarmed at all and hence I didn't make a big deal of it either. However after coming home and re-reading the earlier posts on this forum I recognize the burn is much higher than usual.

What steps could I take and what could have caused this? I fear damage to the engine however at no point I heard any clanking or sounds of metal rubbing without lubrication from the engine. I didn't face any overheating either, including in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st February 2023, 14:53   #956
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP!

Guess, this year started with a great bang and KTM have finally given heed.

2023 KTM 390 ADV Debuts – New Spoked Wheels, Colours

Name:  2023ktm390advlaunchpricespokewheelsnew6696x392.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  KTM 2.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  56.5 KB

More info here: https://www.rushlane.com/2023-ktm-39...-12459473.html

Credits: Respective media houses.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 11:19   #957
BHPian

I just got a call from my service centre, that there has been a recall for 390 adv (2022 model), to change the clutch disk.
Anyone else got any similar call? I got my bike around sept 2022.
What work is being done?

Regards,
MiSiMa
Old 9th February 2023, 10:21   #958

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post

I have noticed the vibs have come back 2 weeks after installing the neck brace. Looks like this need frequent tightening.
falcon.adv390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 11:31   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon.adv390 View Post
I have noticed the vibs have come back 2 weeks after installing the neck brace. Looks like this need frequent tightening.
Yup same as on KTM ADV 250. I plan to take them out and use loctite and see how long they hold up.
Old 9th February 2023, 14:50   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSiMa View Post
What work is being done?
Got mine in May 2022 have not received any call yet from the Service Centre. Let me call and check with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks