Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 15:26   #916

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
I am facing exactly the same issue. Even I have a 2020 version 390 ADV which very recently got the software update. I took this issue to SVC and they did the same thing - flashed the software patch once again hoping the issue gets resolved. But it's still there, in fact felt like it's getting worse.

Last week I got an overall service done - fresh oil, oil filter and air filter. Still no improvement. Confused what could be the reason.
Earlier, I even suspected if it had something to do with the clutch, as they had opened up the clutch cover in my case because of a failed gasket in that interface. But then immediately ruled it out as I was told nothing else was touched on the clutch side.

I am advised to ride *sanely* for a while until the issue magically disappears. But again, I bought the bike for a reason, and asking me to control acceleration until the issue gets resolved is just not an option. I don't know how else to take it up with KTM!
Kakashi91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 09:33   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi91 View Post
Earlier, I even suspected if it had something to do with the clutch, as they had opened up the clutch cover in my case because of a failed gasket in that interface. But then immediately ruled it out as I was told nothing else was touched on the clutch side.

I am advised to ride *sanely* for a while until the issue magically disappears. But again, I bought the bike for a reason, and asking me to control acceleration until the issue gets resolved is just not an option. I don't know how else to take it up with KTM!
I think what they're trying to advise is continue riding it as it is and you will get used to it eventually Jokes apart, it's a real headache, especially when I use it for commuting in Mumbai traffic. The issue/effect is prominent when I downshift from third to second or second to first. As soon as after downshifting I try to open the throttle, there's just no power at all for a couple of seconds - bike even stalled a couple of times when I shifted to first in the middle of the road which is really scary. I'll be visiting the service center again this weekend to try and get the issue resolved cause I don't find it safe at all riding the bike like this.
Old 8th November 2022, 10:23   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
I think what they're trying to advise is continue riding it as it is and you will get used to it eventually Jokes apart, it's a real headache, especially when I use it for commuting in Mumbai traffic. The issue/effect is prominent when I downshift from third to second or second to first. As soon as after downshifting I try to open the throttle, there's just no power at all for a couple of seconds - bike even stalled a couple of times when I shifted to first in the middle of the road which is really scary. I'll be visiting the service center again this weekend to try and get the issue resolved cause I don't find it safe at all riding the bike like this.
Please let me know if you have any updates after your visit to the SVC. I would try to follow-up with my SVC as well.

Another issue that I've been facing since the day I bought my bike (literally) is that the handlebar doesn't seem to be facing straight. When on the go, while I'm trying to go straight, the handlebar seems to be slightly tilted to the right. I remember somebody also mentioning about uneven tyre wear, but the effect is much more severe that what would have been caused by uneven tyre wear.

The SVC tried to re-assemble the bolts on the fork assembly, but that didn't help either. I'm going drop an email to KTM, mentioning the issues that I've been facing hoping they could help!
Old 15th November 2022, 14:47   #919
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2020 version of the KTM 390 ADV. I recently got the software upgraded which gave me the 2 basic riding modes.

Post the update, I have been facing an issue. Whenever I accelerate hard in any gear, I feel a jerk almost as if the engine didn't combust in that particular cycle causing a sudden lack of power. This is not a comfortable feeling during overtakes, and also not minimal enough to neglect.

Anyone else faced similar issue? Any other thoughts are also welcomed!
Disable the quickshifter and try again.
airfoil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 14:40   #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
I'll try that today and post the results.

Also, I had raised a complaint on the KTM app for the same issue upon which I immediately received a phone call from the service center. They arranged for the Area Service Manager (ASM) to pay a visit and have a personal look at the issue.

The ASM has acknowledged the problem and mentioned that they would take it up with the technical team. However, no timeline has been provided yet. I'm planning to follow-up in another week's time.
Old 19th November 2022, 17:00   #921
Senior - BHPian

20,000+ kms on the odometer now, and had my first ever puncture on the 390 ADV in almost 3 years of ownership. (Mine is a Feb 2020 model)

Thinking of replacing the tyres soon, after IBW 2022 ride between Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai.

Does anyone know where we can source the stock tyre setup in Mumbai or online?
Any other tyre suggestions?

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_0130.jpg
parrys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 19:45   #922

Quote:
I'll try that today and post the results.

Also, I had raised a complaint on the KTM app for the same issue upon which I immediately received a phone call from the service center. They arranged for the Area Service Manager (ASM) to pay a visit and have a personal look at the issue.

The ASM has acknowledged the problem and mentioned that they would take it up with the technical team. However, no timeline has been provided yet. I'm planning to follow-up in another week's time.
Same issue post update. I disabled the quickshifter and it is very smooth. But the moment I turn the quickshifter+ it goes back to what you're saying. A sudden jerk at 4500 rpm. Irrespective of the gear, it occurs between 4500 and 5000 rpm. There is no fix for it yet. I got the update once in Chennai and then again in Bangalore. But, it's the same. It is a software bug.
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:39   #923

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
I disabled the quickshifter and the bike works fine as expected.

Thanks for the recommendation!

However, I still haven't heard back from the KTM service yet on a permanent solution.
Old 24th November 2022, 23:21   #924
BHPian

I am looking at this bike for early next year purchase. Had been to Mekhi Circle showroom couple of days back but only display vehicle was there. This in spite of the fact that i had called earlier and asked for the test ride bike. Anyway, left my number with them and they have been calling me continuously for the past few days. Will visit again and hopefully, test ride the bike. The sales guy mentioned that onroad price is 4,43,000. I feel it is a bit steep and not as value for money as before. I guess that is the case with all vehicles not (2 and 4 wheelers!)
Old 29th November 2022, 00:17   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSiMa View Post

The bad:
On day 1 noticed that the up button of the display control doesn't work which I missed during the PDI. I guess QC is a gripe with all manufacturers.
Update:
After a month of waiting finally the left handlebar switch assembly arrived after ordering it (I was told that it has to be replaced and same would have been done under warranty). After fitting, it turns out the switch assembly was not the problem and old one works perfectly fine. It's the TFT unit that is faulty. Even in far-fetched reasoning and guessing, I wouldn't think that if up button is not working, the TFT is faulty.
Anyways, fortunately the service center has TFT in stock, but they require ASM's approval to replace it under warranty (as it costs Rs. 33k), so the wait continues for that distracting and annoying service warning to disappear from my stead.

(Picture clicked during a ride on the Puri-Konark marine drive)

Regards,
MiSiMa
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img20221120095344.jpg  

MiSiMa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:18   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
Changing the fuel management frees the bike from the stringent BS6 norms (leading to lean air fuel mixture) and hence the bike feels more agile in the lower revs.
What would be the effect if we take it for pollution certificate test. Will it pass or fail?
Old 30th November 2022, 22:32   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjith View Post
What would be the effect if we take it for pollution certificate test. Will it pass or fail?
It didn't have any impact. Got my PUC dine without any hassle.
Karthik Mathur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:58   #928
BANNED

I have never heard of any PUC emission check that has failed, they always undoubtedly pass, because its paid service I guess!!
zaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 13:18   #929
BHPian

I stumbled upon this KTM 390 adv ownership update from Bikenbiker. Nice video.

amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 14:22   #930

I'm having an issue with bike not starting after not riding the bike for nearly 1 month

The voltage dropped from 12v to 9v while starting, changed to a new battery to test, the voltage drops from 12.4v to 11v while starting. It does the starting sound for few seconds then nothing happens.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thank you

It's 2020 model 2+ years old
hemanthb2020 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks