Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 23:57   #1216

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Finally got my bike delivered mid of this week.
Congratulations and hope you have as much fun riding it as i am having everyday.

Agreed on the weight part - it is a bit of an effort on reversing while parking especially if there is a bit of incline to get on the road, but then once you get going it flickable as any other 100 cc commuter in traffic and weight truly disappears headlight staying always on is fine and all but in the night its not good enough for sure - let me know what you feel

You will get over the neutral hitting around the first service and why uncle bike - Hope you got the fork boot and the engine plate / guard installed and if required get rid of the saree guard and get a back rest - the last two i will also get done in a week or so

Last edited by bblost : 23rd May 2023 at 00:09. Reason: Please spell check before submitting a post. Thanks.
FieryRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 16:47   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryRed View Post
Congratulations and hope you have as much fun riding it as i am having everyday.

Agreed on the weight part - it is a bit of an effort on reversing while parking especially if there is a bit of incline to get on the road, but then once you get going it flickable as any other 100 cc commuter in traffic and weight truly disappears headlight staying always on is fine and all but in the night its not good enough for sure - let me know what you feel

You will get over the neutral hitting around the first service and why uncle bike - Hope you got the fork boot and the engine plate / guard installed and if required get rid of the saree guard and get a back rest - the last two i will also get done in a week or so
I think flickability is a matter of getting used to it, during my test rides I didn't feel its that flickable compared to my Unicorn, after delivery as I get used to it more, its getting flickable more and more. Pretty soon I will be darting in and out of traffic. Headlights are weak, no doubt about it. Just about OK in the city at night, barely. Perhaps its the colour, maybe yellow LEDs would be better? I did get the fork boot, engine plate/guard installed. The backrest they said was still not available freely due to less number of kits received, in a month it should be easily available so will get that done. Now I need to get good riding gear, jackets and gloves at a minimum. Never felt the need for it at city speeds in my commuter bike but will plan at least some longer rides now and would need it.
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 15:43   #1218

Hi all, had a question about the second service - did your service centers do a valve clearance check in it?
The manual specifies it for the second service, but the service supervisor at the Worli ASC today didn't do the check, and told me that the check is only done in case of a sound, or after 10,000 km.

Additional info - bike is almost months old and has done 6000km.

Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 00:18   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
I did get the fork boot, engine plate/guard installed. The backrest they said was still not available freely due to less number of kits received, in a month it should be easily available so will get that done. Now I need to get good riding gear, jackets and gloves at a minimum. Never felt the need for it at city speeds in my commuter bike but will plan at least some longer rides now and would need it.
Backrest are now available, priced around 3700 rupees
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 02:16   #1220

Attached screenshot of the current Accessories price list if anyone is wondering.

Availability and cost might vary city to city so please dont fight with your local service center

I will get the windshield and the backrest installed in some days - also need to see the knuckle guards in action to see their need.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-accessoriesprice-detailsupdate.jpg  

FieryRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 08:41   #1221
BHPian

How are the factory knuckle guards? Do they have a metal backbone or just full plastic like the KTMs.
Old 5th June 2023, 09:24   #1222
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like a good uncle bike for me
Congratulations. I love that green colour in H'ness. May be a young uncle as compared to the RE ones.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 22:29   #1223
BANNED

Hi , I got CB350 Rs in red last week, upgraded from Yamaha MT15 , now odo stands at 250km.
I find gear shifts harder like shifting from neutral to 1st cause "Tak" sound like in old classic 350's and bike jerks forward a little bit like in old classic . Gear shift is harder among first three gears 4th and 5th is smooth, should I check with service center before first service?

Another issue is faint whistling sound from engine I guess when accelerator is released, this problem is there in all gears.

Last I find 3rd gear to be shorter than I remember from my test drives, after 50km bike asks fro 4th is this normal?

Other than these bike runs and handles well, good power and smoothness.

Owners please reply for above three problem.

Last edited by splitsecond : 8th June 2023 at 22:32.
Old 9th June 2023, 10:18   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
I find gear shifts harder like shifting from neutral to 1st cause "Tak" sound like in old classic 350's and bike jerks forward a little bit like in old classic . Gear shift is harder among first three gears 4th and 5th is smooth.
Mine is about a 6-month-old bike and I hardly ride it; odometer stands at around 1400 kms.
I have the same problem with gears shifting until 3rd gear. Similar to your case, the 4th & 5th gears are smoother to shift.
Neutral to 1st create a big "Tak" sound and sometimes jarring noise too. (SA's response was to keep the bike engine running idle for 2 minutes at the beginning of the day - this has slightly reduced the "Tak" sound, but it is hardly comforting.)
The second and third gears create an equal amount of "Tak" sound and all the people around me can notice it. In fact, in a couple of cases, some strangers on the road observed the sound and checked with me if anything was wrong with the bike. (I didn't inform this issue to the Service Centre and I plan to do this during my second service coming up shortly)

I am not confident that the only mechanic at the Service Centre can fix this as he has admitted that he was trained only for the First service.
KNL_Bandi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:45   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Another issue is faint whistling sound from engine I guess when accelerator is released, this problem is there in all gears.
I have noticed this too. Will ask during first service due next week.
Old 9th June 2023, 13:26   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Hi , I got CB350 Rs in red last week, upgraded from Yamaha MT15 , now odo stands at 250km.
I find gear shifts harder like shifting from neutral to 1st cause "Tak" sound like in old classic 350's and bike jerks forward a little bit like in old classic . Gear shift is harder among first three gears 4th and 5th is smooth, should I check with service center before first service?

Owners please reply for above three problem.
The gearshift from Neutral to 1st is hard, especially if the engine is colder. The sound/jerk reduce a bit, if you let it idle for 1 minute, when the engine is colder. Once warmed up, I do not see this issue. My bike is 7 months old and had dome 3500 Kms. For me Neutral to 1st and 2nd to 3rd shift are still harder. rest of them are smoother and downshifts are absolutely smooth.
sreejithkk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 15:51   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
The gearshift from Neutral to 1st is hard, especially if the engine is colder. The sound/jerk reduce a bit, if you let it idle for 1 minute, when the engine is colder. Once warmed up, I do not see this issue. My bike is 7 months old and had dome 3500 Kms. For me Neutral to 1st and 2nd to 3rd shift are still harder. rest of them are smoother and downshifts are absolutely smooth.
Check for chain slack. Over tightened chain could also lead to jerky gear shift. Especially in lower gears.
nerdgalore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 19:27   #1228
BANNED

Quote:
I have noticed this too. Will ask during first service due next week.
Any updates after your first service?
Old 19th June 2023, 18:42   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates after your first service?
Sorry forgot to ask about the whistling sound. Thinking about it, it might be due to engine braking when you close the throttle abruptly. At least that's my guess. First service - got the backrest fitted, was tempted by the skid/bash plate (the one on the RS) which apparently can be fitted even if the lower engine guard is fitted but decided to wait a while. Similarly by the windscreen which was also available and the wider footpegs. Will think about those a bit more. Not tempted at all by the knuckle guards, plastic and without metal backing. More for show I guess. Service was standard at the Cambridge Layout service center where they have 3 bays. Oil change to fully synthetic one, oil filter change, CLA of the chain, cleaning of the bike. Engine seems a bit smoother after this though I'm noticing a little more vibration in the handlebars, not sure if I'm noticing this more or it has actually increased a bit. Haven't ridden much at all after the service, further down the week will get a chance to do a couple of office commutes, can comment more if experience is different from what I already had.
Old 20th June 2023, 17:52   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry forgot to ask about the whistling sound. Thinking about it, it might be due to engine braking when you close the throttle abruptly. At least that's my guess.
I also get to hear the whistling sound on & off from the rear wheel when the rear brakes are engaged.
Other issue:
Right from day 1, the rear wheel does not move freely when I try to rotate the tyre on the centre stand manually. The brakes are restraining the movement even when they are not engaged.
When I pointed out this at the Service Centre, the mechanic asserted that is the case with every big bike.
Is that the case with you?
If it is indeed true, then doesn't it impact the life of the brake pads/disc brakes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks