Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 23:05   #1156
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Hi,
This is a firm based out of chennai.I have given their link below
https://redditchcustomparts.com/
Do message them before hand about availability of product.
Old 7th February 2023, 20:02   #1157
BHPian

I finally got my CB350! Upgraded from an Avenger Street 220, and it really is such a huge upgrade.

Thanks to Team BHP, where I spent an inordinate amount of time going through various threads.

Had two questions:

1. My buildings bike parking is open - I'm thinking of keeping it under a cover at all times (Mumbai). Does this make sense?

2. I'm planning to ride it to Pune this weekend. As long as I don't accelerate too hard, and if I take adequate breaks for the engine to cool, this should be fine right? The showroom guy was saying don't take it over 50, but the manual says nothing of that sort.

3. Aren't showrooms mandated to give a helmet with the purchase of a two wheeler? I tried pushing them to, but they refused, saying they just have to give an option to buy.

Thank you!
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:24   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post
I finally got my CB350! Upgraded from an Avenger Street 220, and it really is such a huge upgrade.

1. My buildings bike parking is open - I'm thinking of keeping it under a cover at all times (Mumbai). Does this make sense?

2. I'm planning to ride it to Pune this weekend. As long as I don't accelerate too hard, and if I take adequate breaks for the engine to cool, this should be fine right? The showroom guy was saying don't take it over 50, but the manual says nothing of that sort.

3. Aren't showrooms mandated to give a helmet with the purchase of a two wheeler? I tried pushing them to, but they refused, saying they just have to give an option to buy.
Congratulations on your CB Shur’tugal! Please do post pictures of your bike, it’s mandatory

1. Keeping your bike under a full cover is a very good idea. Just ensure you don’t cover her when the engine is hot or when she is wet.

2. It’s absolutely fine to ride her to Poona the way you have mentioned. Just vary engine speeds and don’t pull her to the redline in any gear.

3. The helmets which these showrooms give as freebies or otherwise are a joke. Please buy yourself a good full face helmet from any reputable manufacturer. You could check out our helmet and riding gear thread for pointers.

Enjoy your new baby and ride safe.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 7th February 2023 at 22:28.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 12:26   #1159

My CB 350 story so far . .

I bought the Honda CB350 on Dec 2020, a few months after its launch. It replaced my Interceptor 650. Yes, I downgraded in performance but upgraded on comfort and practicality. Even the press wrote about this story The following is the time line of my 2 wheeler journey so far..
  • 2004 - Bajaj CT 100
  • 2007 - Hero Honda Glamour
  • 2015 - RE Electra
  • 2019 - RE Electra & Interceptor 650
  • 2020 - RE Electra & CB 350
  • 2022 - CB 350 & XPulse 200

Requirements and motorcycles considered

My main requirement was that I wanted a motorcycle on which I could comfortably do dawn to dusk single day rides within my home state (Kerala). 'Comfortable' translates to good suspension and refinement, nice wide seats, good posture and easy handling.

I wanted to buy an ADV, but tubeless tires were also my requirement. The interceptor had spoiled me by its engine refinement. Even though I test rode the Himalayan, ADV 390 and GS 310 multiple times I could not convince myself to commit to any due to various reasons (Himalayan - spoked wheels, ADV 390 - vibrations and stiff rear, GS 310 - maintenance costs and service network).

Why I bought the CB 350?

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-delivery.jpg
Lackluster delivery of my CB350, I did not even get the gift box. The new BigWing showroom at Kochi had just open.

Because it ticked most of my requirements.

The following are the things I like about it.

1. Engine Refinement

It is undoubtedly one of most refined singles above 300cc. The engine is stress free, can do speeds, does not require frequent upshifts , does not heat up and gives good mileage. It gives a feeling of floating. There is no coarse connection between the throttle and engine, I do not know how to explain this. Allows me to do more time and distance on the saddle without fatigue. There is no vibration on the pegs or handle or seat.

2. Light clutch

This is Godsent for me. Because I get wrist pain even on moderately light clutches after a few hours of riding, especially in traffic. This was a problem for me while riding the Interceptor.

3. Feels light with good weight distribution

The front is light, it is easy to steer and make quick direction changes while riding slow or fast. The weight is not felt at all while handling the bike.

4. Good suspension

Not very plush (like Himalayan or XPulse) but good to tackle most of Indian road conditions. The rear is 5 step adjustable and was set at its stiffest settings from factory. I had to slot it to the mid level for my comfort.

5. All required tech

Slipper clutch, traction control, alloy wheels, USB port, hazard light and a very informational (though small) digital display which displays time, 2 trip meters, odo, average mileage and even battery voltage. It also has Bluetooth connectivity (for navigation and audio controls) but I did not find it useful.

6. Tank Range

The 15L tank combined with good mileage gives a very good range on tank full. No worries while riding remote routes which do not have petrol pumps.

Rides and Mods

The bike felt comfortable and I felt like it did not require any modification during my few morning rides around Kochi. Then I took it for the customary first ride to Athirappilly waterfalls which is the closest getaway from Kochi. During the ride I felt that the rear view mirrors has low visibility and has a big blind spot. Installed the Bajaj Avenger Mirrors and this solved the issue.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-mirrors.jpg

The stock seat which has a stiff incline from the rider to pillion area also felt uncomfortable. Installed the split seats by Honda and it solved the issue. The split seat for me is very comfortable on long rides.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-kochi.jpg

Next, went for a slightly longer ride to Kava near Malampuzha in Palakkad. While returning I felt stiffness/pain in my upper back. So decided to install and try handlebar risers which would solve the problem.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-kawa.jpg
(loc: Kava, Palakkad)

Installed Carbon Racing normal 1" risers and on my next day long ride to Munnar, Marayur, Chinnar and back, covering around 350km, the seat and posture felt very comfortable.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-marayur.jpg

And then the monsoon came, and mud was all over the bike while riding in and after rain. Bought Carbon Racing front mud guard extender and taped it using 3M high strength bonding tape. For the rear did a jugaad setup with the hard plastic cover of a classmates notebook. Both have held well to this date and doing duty just fine.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-extender.jpg

With all functional mods done, now was time to do a cosmetic one . I never had a motorbike with windshield. The official CB 350 windshield was not available during this time. Found a video of a person showing how to mount the RE Meteor windshield on CB 350 and did the same. I love how it looks after this addition.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-windshield.jpg

What about basic luggage carrying capacity? There should be some amount of storage on the motorbike. So installed Zana rear rack and a ViaTerra Seaty on top of it. Looks Neat. Had similar setup on my Interceptor. I can install a topbox after removing the Seaty, in case required for longer rides.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-seaty.jpg

And the rides continues . .

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-vattavada.jpg
Enroute Vattavada

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-nelliyampathy.jpg
Nelliyampathy

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-kadamakudy.jpg
Kadamakudy, near Kochi

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-idukki.jpg
Rainy day ride to Idukki

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-pooyamkutty.jpg
Pooyamkutti

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-vagamon.jpg
Vagamon

The Honda Highness CB350 is a small fun motorcycle. I have not faced any major issues during the ownership so far.
sreejithsin is online now   (58) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 13:14   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithsin View Post
My CB 350 story so far . .
Hey man, welcome to TBhp. I am happy to see you here. I have watched some of your early videos like the one you have done seat modification then some other videos in which you introduced your friend to whom you sold your interceptor. After watching your seat modification video I went to Salees to have a custom seat made for my Unicorn. But he wasn't ready to do it. Now I have a Himalayan, I am planning to visit his place when I am back in Kochi. I liked your presentation. Keep up. Enjoy your rides on two wheels.
sole_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 13:30   #1161
BHPian

Looks like Honda is coming up with some changes in the H'ness twins. Has anyone heard any rumours of changes if any?
Old 8th February 2023, 13:53   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shur'tugal View Post

Thanks to Team BHP, where I spent an inordinate amount of time going through various threads.

Had two questions:

Thank you!
The helmet these guys give is pathetic. Buy a good full faced helmet. It is more than mandatory!
Old 8th February 2023, 14:52   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
The helmet these guys give is pathetic. Buy a good full faced helmet. It is more than mandatory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The helmets which these showrooms give as freebies or otherwise are a joke.
Thanks guys.
Will share photos post a few good rides.

As for the helmet - I have an ECE certified SMK. Simply wanted a beater helmet I could wear when I take the bike 1/2km away early morning for a run. Want to keep the post run sweat out of my main one
Shur'tugal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 09:10   #1164
BHPian

As a Interceptor 650 owner, I cannot agree more. The bike is uncomfortable as shit. Very heavy, because the weight distribution is not right. Other bikes are also heavy, but you dont feel the weight. Cannot manoeuvre easily in the city. Tiring to drive and leaves you exhausted after a half a days drive.

A lot of work needs to be done to make it even mildly comfortable. Seats, handle bar height, tyre size etc.

Wait did I tell you how uncomfortable it is for the pillion. Very!!! Any person over 5.4 will get annoyed with the way foot pegs are placed and will be in pain in no time.

Absolutely haphazardly designed when it comes to comfort.

Last edited by frewper : 10th February 2023 at 09:12.
frewper is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 10:28   #1165
BHPian

Enjoy your ride. Have a question on CB vs Meteor if you have an opinion. I need to start riding again and stuck with not being able to make a decision

Refinement is important but comfort should not be a big drawback.
Old 10th February 2023, 12:40   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Enjoy your ride. Have a question on CB vs Meteor if you have an opinion. I need to start riding again and stuck with not being able to make a decision

Refinement is important but comfort should not be a big drawback.
I'm on the verge of buying a Hunter so I can't comment from an owner's perspective but from the test rides I had, all I can tell you is you can't go wrong with either of them Meteor or CB350. Meteor is designed more for cruising and has a very forward set footpegs. Highness is probably a little better in terms of daily commute because of riding posture and a little less weight. Vibration wise I think RE has done a good job with their new J series engine and Meteor doesn't vibrate at reasonable cruising speed. Honda should give you a more fuss free ownership provided you have a good bigwing service centre nearby. It's a tough call but do test ride both of them and decide for yourself. IMO you should consider Classic 350 as well as an option.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 13:40   #1167
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Honda H'ness 350 is an excellent motorcycle, be it's looks or comfort, exhaust note or the price. If I were to buy a new bike for myself today, it would definitely be a Blueand white Honda H'ness. my only concern is its maintenance. a friend of mine had to replace brake shoe twice in first 20k kms. hope this doesn't happen with everyone and problem with his specific bike.
Ride safe.
Old 10th February 2023, 16:08   #1168
Senior - BHPian

A simple, no-nonsense, self explanatory review. As much I like the Interceptor, somewhere down the line, long term, it feels, it just won't cut it. Congratulations on your H'ness, a great, comfortable all rounder out there. Though the Hunter's riding position almost resembles the same of that of H'ness, the H'ness has that subtle element that can't be remiss.

Congratulations.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 21:19   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Enjoy your ride. Have a question on CB vs Meteor if you have an opinion.
I did consider/test ride Meteor too before finalizing on the Honda. Meteor is a cruiser while CB350 can be classified as a roadster. You will have to decide which form do you like more. The following are the reasons why I did not purchase Meteor, now these would help you only in deciding against it, but sharing if it provides useful to you.

1. I did not like the cruiser riding posture
2. I needed the option to stand on the pegs and ride, to stretch during long rides, or to get over speed breakers or broken sections.
3. The rear suspension felt stiffer and it is placed directly below the rider seat, rider's back would take all the shocks where as the hands/legs would be relaxed. On CB350, the shocks are more distributed between the 3 contact points - handle, foot pegs and seat. This was the main concern for me.

In favor of Meteor:

1. It has more road presence than CB350, looks beautiful (subjective), has/feels more quality in terms of paint, switch gear, meter console etc.
2. Has more accessories and customization options
3. Wide service coverage
4. More torquey engine, which does not require frequent gear shifts in the city, unlike the H'ness
5. Refined engine, like the Honda, but the character of both engines are entirely different, you will have to decide which one will you like more.
sreejithsin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 21:27   #1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
As a Interceptor 650 owner, I cannot agree more.
There is nothing like the Interceptor in our market today. I miss the morning rides on my Interceptor. For the same reasons as you mentioned I was not confident of taking it on longer rides. There are many who do extensive long rides on it. But I guess, it is not for everyone. I hope RE solves everything wrong with the Interceptor (from Indian perspective) while launching the Shotgun 650.
sreejithsin is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks