Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 12:55   #1036
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
However - Adding to that, two guys on the Whatsapp group are reporting paint peel issue on the engine (nothing on mine). You know, the black paint coating. Honda needs to look into this.
A friend is looking at the H'ness and found a few reviews on the internet mention this issue. Were there any more riders in your group who had this problem? Was this just a particular batch?

Also, is the heat too much in traffic? More than what you would expect from a 350?
Old 31st January 2022, 13:00   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

I think this problem was there with a particular batch, not heard complaints of late. Mine is fine, though. Maybe because I avoid washing it when its hot. No, I don't feel the heat in traffic (No worries on that front)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Was this just a particular batch? Also, is the heat too much in traffic? More than what you would expect from a 350?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 14:31   #1038
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Here's my experience with Honda h'ness cb350 so far.

Booked Honda h'ness cb350 from Honda big wing Pune east (the only big wing dealer in Pune as of Jan 2022) in Jan first week. Got delivery within 2 weeks. I checked the chassis number and got Jan-22 manufactured vehicle. Did not get any discount from dealer - although they didn't force me to buy their insurance. I got insurance online from Acko that saved me about 7k. Dealer experence was below par. No too much trouble though since I had researched before and had shortlisted cb350 highness or RS. Cancelled the RS on test drive as the seating position is slightly forward. Our criteria was a multipurpose middle-power bike with seating position comfortable for both me and my wife as she also rides a bit. Pillion comfort needed to be high - thus sports bikes with "vikram-vetal" pillion position were out - this removed 95% of choices in the 250-500 cc segment. We tried RE Meteor 350 but found it difficult to ride in city - compared to cb350. We especially liked the smooth Honda engine and the commuter-bike nature of handling of the cb350 - its very easy to drive in the city.

Overall happy with the bike so far. I hear some noise from rear wheel when driving slowly will get it checked on first service.

Here's a list of accessories used.

1. Replaced stock mirrors with TVS apache mirrors (manufactured by UNO Minda) - available separately left & right on amazon. Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The stock mirrors are useless for rear visibility. The tvs apache ones are excellent and my wife says she fees so much more confident with these mirrors as she can see whats behind while overtaking on highways. I'd read on many forums that baja avenger mirrors fit well but didn't know if the threads will match. I tried the avenger mirrors too but found them lacking on angle adjustment range. Then realized that the threading of all mirrors and the honda socket is the same and any mirror will fit. There's one trick though - the right side mirror fits directly. The left side mirror fits after removal of the stock adapter. Thus there a slight height difference after fitting both - not noticeable tho. UNO minda mirrors are available for low cost for lots of makes online - i think all of them will fit - choose one that goes well with how you want the bike to look. I didn't care about chrome mirrors matching the bike look so got the tvs ones as those have a wide field of view.

2. Back rest - very useful for long rides - got this from amazon but its available on sahara seats website too. Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Errand bag - very useful for grocery trips or just to keep sanitizer. Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fits directly on the sari gurard.

4. Zana crash guard matt black - the stock one is too small. Link: https://www.zanamotorcycles.com/prod...rd-with-slider

Some photos of the bike with accessories below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220210_160619.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220210_160608.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220210_160600.jpg  

heinrici is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:10   #1039
BHPian

Honda has introduced a new matt grey colour for the CB350 Hness DLX. IMO, it doesn't really gel well with all the chrome. I feel it would look killer if the rest of the parts were all blacked out. Nevertheless, a new colour option is always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-honda-cb350-hness-grey.jpeg  

Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 14:21   #1040
BHPian

Any news on an iOS version of Honda RoadSync.

Been an year since I've owned the CB350, still can't use the bluetooth feature because of no iOS app.
Old 18th March 2022, 10:32   #1041
BHPian

After service of my CB350 couple of months back at Delhi, I was facing this issue of vibration in lower gears (foot pegs and gear lever). Service Center suggested chain lubing although it was being done regularly. So, got it done again. Still the problem persists. I think it has something to do with chain adjustment that SVC people did during service.

I am thinking of going to Gurugram service next time. Earlier, all services were done there only. No issues.

What can be the cause of this vibration other than chain? Any idea.
Old 20th April 2022, 20:19   #1042
BHPian

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220419_133217.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220420_201205.jpg

Installed sliders available on hyperrider website for 900 a pair. Had to buy separate bolts as supplied ones were short. Looks sturdy enough. Lets see if it survives a fall with these bad boys.
manojsolanki87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 21:05   #1043
Senior - BHPian

You know I invented this! It's sturdy and will last, dont worry. Now I've detached these and installed a new crash guard, since I'll start touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojsolanki87 View Post
Installed sliders available on hyperrider website for 900 a pair. Had to buy separate bolts as supplied ones were short. Looks sturdy enough. Lets see if it survives a fall with these bad boys.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_8371.jpg  

Old 20th April 2022, 21:15   #1044
BHPian

Guys, what's your opinion of the rear suspension of the Highness for solo riding, no luggage? Stiff? Soft? Just right? Please mention your approximate weight as well. Asking for a friend looking for a comfortable ride over all kinds of roads.

Also, anyone know if there's a difference between suspension of the Highness and RS? Looks visually the same. But wondering if the damping is one the firmer side on the RS.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 20th April 2022 at 21:17.
Old 20th April 2022, 21:42   #1045
Senior - BHPian

I ride solo and just love the suspension on the CB350. It's just right (My weight is 80+ Kilos). On the RS, I'm sure there are few changes given its a scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Guys, what's your opinion of the rear suspension of the Highness for solo riding, no luggage? Stiff? Soft? Just right?
Old 21st April 2022, 05:33   #1046
BHPian

I just finished a 1000km ride to Ooty and back on my Highness. On each ride I do, my love for this bike just grows. We took the main highway via Salem and Mettupalayam and yes, on the open roads, I was trailing a bit compared to the bigger bikes. But on the hills, the highness just came alive, the weight distribution is just perfect and you can lean it a fair bit. The gearing could be a bit shorter, on many of the slopes, I needed to slot in 1st when I should’ve been in 2nd.

The luggage situation is brilliant, I have a rack with a trek n ride top box. In addition, I had a VIATERRA Claw tail bag and a rynox tank bag, it was overkill for our trip but I wanted to use this trip to plan for longer ones.

Even if Honda introduces a bigger brother (sister?), it will be a big decision to upgrade. The power will be welcome of course, but Honda should ensure that the balance that this bike achieves is not disturbed.
jaganm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 05:54   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
You know I invented this! It's sturdy and will last, dont worry. Now I've detached these and installed a new crash guard, since I'll start touring
I started my search for sliders after looking at your bike pics. It took a lot of time to find these.
BTW What crash gaurd are you using rite now?
Old 21st April 2022, 07:14   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Plz look up at post 1043. BTW guys, I'd signed up for the Honda ride to Manesar on 24th. 'Homecoming' as they called it. But there was no update nor email from their side. One lady had called to ask if I've filled up the google form. When I said I haven't received any such form, she exclaims "oops" and cuts the line
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojsolanki87 View Post
I started my search for sliders after looking at your bike pics. It took a lot of time to find these. BTW What crash guard are you using rite now?
Attached Images

Old 21st April 2022, 14:16   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
When I said I haven't received any such form, she exclaims "oops" and cuts the line
Exactly same happened with me. I have dropped a complaint email but no response as of now.
manojsolanki87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 08:17   #1050

Anyone done 4th or 5th service? Could someone help with the cost of these service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks