Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 13:43   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The chrome is jarring
I think the front and rear chrome mudguards (being Honda, hope the chrome is of good quality and doesn’t rust during the first rains) suits the character of the bike as whole. The other chrome bits should have been a silver/grey or blacked out. A twin pod instrument cluster would have completed the look in my opinion. Reminds me of the RX 100 and RD 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
So far my favorite of the lot is the Single Tone Grey color.
I think the single tone colours are the gloss maroon (close to the original colour on the RX 100, the RX had stripes on the tank), the matte green and the matte black. If it’s a grey, someone please post pictures of it.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 5th October 2020 at 13:51.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I have booked the Honda H'Ness DLX version today - maroon colour through Pashankar Auto, Pune. The sales people said they will get the price list sometime in this week, but projected on road prices should 2.20L for DLX and 2.30L for DLX Pro versions. The only difference in both models are the bluetooth connectivity and single/dual tone horn. I am a little doubtful though - for only bluetooth exclusivety, why would Honda charge 10k more? Any thoughts - what else could be different?

Anyways, I will update everyone with the photos and test ride experience once that becomes available, possibly in the next week
W.A.G.7 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:54   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The only difference in both models are the bluetooth connectivity and single/dual tone horn. I am a little doubtful though - for only bluetooth exclusivety, why would Honda charge 10k more? Any thoughts - what else could be different.
The other main difference is the dual tone paint option, exclusive to the Deluxe Pro.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:11   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I think the front and rear chrome mudguards (being Honda, hope the chrome is of good quality and doesn’t rust during the first rains) suits the character of the bike as whole. The other chrome bits should have been a silver/grey or blacked out. A twin pod instrument cluster would have completed the look in my opinion. Reminds me of the RX 100 and RD 350.
I get exactly what you mean about the chrome and the Jap quality and the 100 cc 2-smokers of the 80s and 90s ... just that this 4 stroke CB is not in the same mould.

Here's my first lot KB10 RTZ (MY 1989 I think) from the very early 1990s

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img20200907wa0010.jpg

Her rims had "KHI - Kawasaki Heavy Industries" etched on them, and the mudguards and silencer had not one spot of rust on them. Ditto the fork tubes. Over more than 10 years of use as a student and a newbie doc. That was serious quality.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 5th October 2020 at 14:13.
ebonho is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Honda just needs to expand as quickly as possible, once they fulfill this 'pent up' initial demand and do a good job there. I could see the showroom executives are too exhausted, (on the continuous walk-ins).
This bike should have been a non-Big Wing bike. I went by the local Honda Showroom last week to test ride the Hornet 2.0. Even the old man security guard was excited about the CB350 and wants to own one. He rides an old 1972 Bullet and a Honda badged CD100SS. He further suggested me to trade my xBlade for the H'Ness. I live in a Tier 3 city and there's no way CB350 will make it's way even if there's a heavy demand. The nearest Big Wing (I buy all my Honda's from that place for over half a decade now) is 36kms away from my place. While it's the twin city and daily commuters don't feel the distance at all, it's still an inconvinience if you ask me. On the other hand, Royal Enfield has 3 showrooms within a 28km radius in the district.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:10   #291
BHPian

Yesterday went to Honda showroom at Erode, TN. Near to it, BigWing dealership is getting ready and October 18th is inauguration. Till then, they have made arrangements to showcase CB350 in the regular Honda showroom itself. Display bike could arrive in a few days and test-rides could start by next week.

As per folks there, aleady around 30 bookings have been made! Brisk enquiries from Tirupur, Salem and surrounding areas too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-p_20201004_122200.jpg  

texmonster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:34   #292
R.G
BHPian

I dropped in to CBC Honda - Kesavadasapuram ,Trivandrum showroom last Saturday on my way somewhere else.

CB 350 is not yet there for display or test ride and they mentioned the same would be available around 20th October. They mentioned they are accepting booking and the delivery would be from their new showroom coming up near Enchakkal.

I am just waiting to see and ride CB350 , and then compare with what RE meteor has to offer before deciding on the booking. At the moment , it is mostly CB 350.
R.G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:43   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
I am just waiting to see and ride CB350 , and then compare with what RE meteor has to offer before deciding on the booking. At the moment , it is mostly CB 350.
The Meteor with the slanting tank looks like a Thunderbird.

Totally different look to the CB.

I don't think customers with a "look" in mind will cross pollinate.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:48   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Hi guys, I have booked the Honda H'Ness DLX version today - maroon colour through Pashankar Auto, Pune. The sales people said they will get the price list sometime in this week, but projected on road prices should 2.20L for DLX and 2.30L for DLX Pro versions. The only difference in both models are the bluetooth connectivity and single/dual tone horn. I am a little doubtful though - for only bluetooth exclusivety, why would Honda charge 10k more? Any thoughts - what else could be different?
Congratulations

From what honda guys told me, there will be an ear pc and a mobile app that is part of the DLX pro. This is in addition to the double horn,dual tone shade AND additional keys on left handle bar. I guess that justifies a diff of 10K(hope honda doesn't become greedy and increase that gap)

It will be Interesting how meteor prices look like. I feel based on that Honda can claim the 1.9L is for DLX or DLX pro itself.
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:17   #295
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The Meteor with the slanting tank looks like a Thunderbird.

Totally different look to the CB.

I don't think customers with a "look" in mind will cross pollinate.

Cheers, Doc
CB 350 was nowhere in the scene when the RE Meteor sightings and rumours where going rounds.

I always wanted a modern retro and was eargerly waiting for Meteor after I booked and waited long enough for Jawa 42 and subsequently cancelled it. Then all of a sudden the news of Honda coming with a retro classic came out and I admit I had no clue of one in the making either.

Also the choice of "look" is a very recent one , if you consider everyone expecting the Honda Rebel which had an even more slanting tank.

I like the "look" of both CB 350 and the Meteor and the decision is/was always how I felt/connect when I sat and ride one. Another perspective
R.G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:52   #296
Senior - BHPian

It's a Sena unit, costing around Rs 7000. Not sure if first few bookings will get that free. Honda is not revealing anything. Already been a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
From what honda guys told me, there will be an ear pc and a mobile app that is part of the DLX pro. This is in addition to the double horn,dual tone shade AND additional keys on left handle bar. I guess that justifies a diff of 10K(hope honda doesn't become greedy and increase that gap)
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 18:13   #297
BHPian

Ah! The beauty is here, much to the delight of folks looking at alternatives of RE CL 350. I could see that majority of BHPians have sworn by the reliability of Honda 2 wheelers, but here, I would like to differ. I had purchased "CB" Unicorn in 2012 and rode for 46000 kms and sold it in early 2017 for CL 350 BS-IV. Reason for sale was two, one it had bore/piston issues and second, I had met with an accident on the bike. Hence, armed with these two reasons took the plunge for RE.

Till date, I have done 23000 kms on my RE and it has been a fuss free ownership. Don't know what the forum members have talking about the reliability issues of RE bikes. I am pretty sure the BS-IV variant onwards are more reliable as compared to the earlier ones, perhaps one needs to look the the way they own and operate their machine.

Coming to the point of the so called "Emotional Connect", I think yes I have emotional connect with all my vehicles, viz, RE, Honda Jazz and wifey's Activa-i. For me any vehicle is a family member which needs to be taken care of, attended to and caressed. I say many riders (read RE or other bikes) with their bikes in very dirty condition, the chrome on the rims of RE needs care of cleaning and all sorts of attention, which I am sure every vehicle will need one.

Notwithstanding the aforementioned points, I am tempted to check out the vehicle in flesh and see how it pans out.

In the meantime, have a look at my Chestnut Bull after more than 3.5 years!
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-3dd964f86611403fa99737b5459acb3a.jpg  

MDED is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 18:58   #298
Senior - BHPian

We have a 2006 Unicorn that has crossed a lakh kilometers plus. My brother has not serviced it for three years (Being a 'use n throw' kinda guy), so it needs a service and new tyres/chain. No issues from engine at all (will go another lakh, easily). Rear suspension sags too much and hits body on humps. Maybe, that needs to go. Mileage is down to 35 KMPL (From 50 KMPL). So for every story of a failure, there should be another on reliability. The reason I buy a Honda from the first batch is because quality will be really up there. Others fear glitches (and there is a fear of being a guinea pig), but I have contrary view. My thought is that they are extra-careful on the 'first batch'
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I had purchased "CB" Unicorn in 2012 and rode for 46000 kms and sold it in early 2017 for CL 350 BS-IV. Reason for sale was two, one it had bore/piston issues and second, I had met with an accident on the bike.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 19:12   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
here are some of my opinions on Honda's approach.
Excellent points. Would agree with most of them barring one caveat - the proof is in the pudding - let's wait till the first batch of bikes roll out. A lot of us on the forum went ga-ga over the Jawa bikes; and once deliveries started happening (after the lo-oo-ng delays), people realized how bad those were.

Quote:
- I believe the Honda CB350 and the RE 350cc bikes will comfortably coexist side by side in the market place.
Irrespective of how successful the Honda turns out to be, I (and many other RE owners) will be thankful to Honda for introducing some much required features in these retro bikes - for e.g. alloy wheels! Hopefully RE gets the cue and provides upgrades at their end too.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 19:15   #300
Senior - BHPian

I still maintain that Honda will expand this market, and will not eat into RE share. RE has a slice of our heart, and enjoys emotional quotient
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I (and many other RE owners) will be thankful to Honda for introducing some much required features in these retro bikes - for e.g. alloy wheels! Hopefully RE gets the cue and provides upgrades at their end too.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks