Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 16:18   #226
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
How much did the upgrade cost? I am planning on getting the nitrox shocks installed on my Meteor 350 too.
Rs 3200 for the suspension + Rs 380 for the fitting.

Btw, it looks that, by default it is not set to the softest setting. If I'm reading it right, it is set to 2nd or 3rd setting. I've never tweaked the suspension before. So, I'll get this checked by a mechanic. I'm 5' 10'' weighing around 65 kilos, so softest would work the best for me when riding solo.
pachchu77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 20:45   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
Rs 3200 for the suspension + Rs 380 for the fitting.

Btw, it looks that, by default it is not set to the softest setting. If I'm reading it right, it is set to 2nd or 3rd setting. I've never tweaked the suspension before. So, I'll get this checked by a mechanic. I'm 5' 10'' weighing around 65 kilos, so softest would work the best for me when riding solo.
Yes, the default factory setting of Nitrox suspension comes with older Classic set at 3rd position (mid way) and the default setting of normal suspension comes with Reborn and Meteor set at the softest setting, yet it will feel stiff that's the problem.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 11:19   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Yes, the default factory setting of Nitrox suspension comes with older Classic set at 3rd position (mid way) and the default setting of normal suspension comes with Reborn and Meteor set at the softest setting, yet it will feel stiff that's the problem.
I've changed it now to 2nd position since I've a breakfast ride planned for tomorrow morning with wife (tipping the scales at <=120 kgs, together). 2nd or 3rd might be good enough for us and position 1 while riding solo. Will have to experiment a bit.

Other thing I observed is that, it is 5 step adjustable as compared to 6-step system in reborn.

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-snippet.jpg

Last edited by pachchu77 : 27th May 2023 at 11:46.
Old 25th October 2023, 16:30   #229
BHPian

I have a Classic 350 reborn gun metal grey, purchased in September 2021, while enquiring for the 2 years service, I told the service centres that I want to use Shell fully synthetic engine oil, in my motorcycle, but all of the authorised service centres, near my place, told me that they will only put the regular semi synthetic Liquid Gun engine oil. I really don't want to put that oil in my bike, as I observed increased vibrations in the handlebar and the footpegs, after putting this liquid gun oil in my bike during the first service. And these vibrations vanished as I changed to Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 API SN Fully Synthetic Motorbike Engine Oil at home, which is of the same grade as recommended by the manufacturer, then what is the issue in putting Shell fully synthetic oil in my bike. They argue that the company (Royal Enfield) doesn't allow this. I will be forced to get my bike serviced, from an unauthorised mechanic. Why can't I get my bike serviced at an authorised service centre, using my choice of engine oil. This is totally unacceptable and unethical.
And the same is the case with most of the car dealers as well.
I just want to know is there any way around to get the car or bike serviced at authorised service centre and use your own choice of oil
gsratta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 15:11   #230
BHPian

If I want third party alloy wheels to be fitted at the time of delivery itself, is it possible to do so by giving the alloy wheels to the showroom before delivery?

Assuming the alloy wheels require tubeless tyres, would I have to pay for both the tubeless tyres and the factory-fitted tubed tyres?

Has anyone here used Royal Erado's 30 spoke alloy wheels(shown below)? If so, what's your opinion about them?

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-dscn8803500x500.jpeg
Old 3rd December 2023, 18:49   #231
BHPian

Just mailed customer care Royal Enfield, regarding the same query, received a reply within a day, informing me that it was preferable to use the liquid gun engine oil, but I could use my choice of engine oil, and Royal Enfield may not be able to provide support if the engine experiences any performance or functional issues. Went ahead and just told the service centre regarding the email, they agreed to fill my choice engine oil, without even seeing the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
I have a Classic 350 reborn gun metal grey, purchased in September 2021, while enquiring for the 2 years service, I told the service centres that I want to use Shell fully synthetic engine oil, in my motorcycle, but all of the authorised service centres, near my place, told me that they will only put the regular semi synthetic Liquid Gun engine oil. I really don't want to put that oil in my bike, as I observed increased vibrations in the handlebar and the footpegs, after putting this liquid gun oil in my bike during the first service. And these vibrations vanished as I changed to Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 API SN Fully Synthetic Motorbike Engine Oil at home, which is of the same grade as recommended by the manufacturer, then what is the issue in putting Shell fully synthetic oil in my bike. They argue that the company (Royal Enfield) doesn't allow this. I will be forced to get my bike serviced, from an unauthorised mechanic. Why can't I get my bike serviced at an authorised service centre, using my choice of engine oil. This is totally unacceptable and unethical.
And the same is the case with most of the car dealers as well.
I just want to know is there any way around to get the car or bike serviced at authorised service centre and use your own choice of oil
gsratta is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks