Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 19:50   #211
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Congratulations Vasi for your new ride.
I am trying to book my customized Classic through MIY option at their website, but it doesn't proceed further when clicking 'Proceed' button after selecting everything! Tried several times, and waited for long (over 30 mins). Can you or any other member pl. throw some light as to what could be the reason. My internet connection is very fast, so that's not the reason

Thanks
Not sure about the reason behind it, but want to let you know that you can get a customised vehicle order placed through the showroom too. All you need to do is go to the showroom and get it done from the tablet of the SA. As far as I know there are no added costs.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:11   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Not sure about the reason behind it, but want to let you know that you can get a customised vehicle order placed through the showroom too. All you need to do is go to the showroom and get it done from the tablet of the SA. As far as I know there are no added costs.
Thanks Vasi. You cleared my confusion. .
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 21:40   #213
BHPian

The new Super Meteor 650 looks smashing. However, I maintain the Classic is the best looking RE ever made.

Here is one beautiful video to compliment that. Please read the subtitles.

amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 18:25   #214

Hi. This is my first post on Team Bhp. Glad to be a member of this community.

Can anybody tell me if they have faced the tappet noise issue in their bikes?
I own a Halcyon Green 350 Reborn and I can definitely say that the tappet noise is now more than what I used to have when the bike was new. It has run 15000+ kms.
Tappet was adjusted at 10000 km service but still it persists and service centre guys as usual says "It is normal".

Any suggestions or help on how to determine if the noise is normal or the tappets have been adjusted properly would be highly appreciated.
CLASSICREBORN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 16:06   #215
BHPian

Brought home our first RE in the family - Classic 350 Halcyon Black - GunDu PuTTa (Chubby Chap) yesterday.

It cost me 2.75L on-road. It included - Alloys, Touring Seat, Engine Guard, Sump Guard and Backrest. I happened to escape the recent price hike by a whisker. Price hike was announced a day or two after my bike was invoiced.

Here are the timelines :

4th April : Booked the customized bike via Company Store in BTM Layout, Bengaluru.

14th April : Bike was dispatched from the plant.

21st April : Bike was received at the Depot in Bengaluru. Full payment done.

25th April : Bike was received at the showroom. Insurance was done. Riding gear purchased.

6th May : Registration was done.

8th May : Took the delivery.

Thanks to all the T-Bhpians who generously shared their knowledge on this portal which helped a layman like me make an informed decision. A special mention is due for 2StrokeJunkie, NTO, aargee, tharian, Torino, KarthikK, Hammer & Anvil, ninjatalli, neil.jericho, nasirkaka, navin_v8, VijayAnand1, Sebring, ashwinprakas, sukiwa, CrAzY dRiVeR, surjaonwheelz, dkaile and many others.

And my deepest gratitude to Mr. Bhushan from Top Gear Thumpers who is also a T-Bhpian. I came across a reference to him/his workshop in one of the Inty 650 ownership threads and called him to discuss Classic 350 stiff rear suspension issue and what followed was a series of calls and WhatsApp chats clarifying all my doubts/queries. I owe you one Sir !!

Time to feast your eyes ..

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img20230509072045.jpg

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img20230509072102.jpg

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img20230509072121.jpg

E20 seal on the petrol tank (as pointed out by dkaile in his ownership thread)

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img20230509072014.jpg
pachchu77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 16:27   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
Brought home our first RE in the family - Classic 350 Halcyon Black - GunDu PuTTa (Chubby Chap) yesterday.
Congratulations on your first RE. This is a piece of history you have as it is the latest iteration of the Bullet that is currently available.
Wishing you thousands of kms of enjoyable rides.

The motorcycle looks the part.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:55   #217
BHPian

Quote:

And my deepest gratitude to Mr. Bhushan from Top Gear Thumpers who is also a T-Bhpian. I came across a reference to him/his workshop in one of the Inty 650 ownership threads and called him to discuss Classic 350 stiff rear suspension issue and what followed was a series of calls and WhatsApp chats clarifying all my doubts/queries. I owe you one Sir !!
Congratulations!! That's a handsome motorcycle with a cute name

It was pleasant speaking about motorcycles with you sir! Hoping we can hit the highways together sometime soon. I'm sure there is a lot I can learn from your 2 decades worth of experience on bikes.

Wish you a lot of happy miles and stress-free ownership!
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:04   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Congratulations!! That's a handsome motorcycle with a cute name

It was pleasant speaking about motorcycles with you sir! Hoping we can hit the highways together sometime soon.
.. and the feeling is mutual sir ! We can surely plan something once I'm done with running-in the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congratulations on your first RE. This is a piece of history you have as it is the latest iteration of the Bullet that is currently available.
Wishing you thousands of kms of enjoyable rides.

The motorcycle looks the part.
Thanks for your wishes sir ! I've learnt a lot reading through your posts.
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:34   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSICREBORN View Post
Tappet was adjusted at 10000 km service but still it persists and service centre guys as usual says "It is normal".

Any suggestions or help on how to determine if the noise is normal or the tappets have been adjusted properly would be highly appreciated.
I have got a fairly new one bought around 2022 Dec and done around 2.5k (yes have a very less usage), I do hear tappet noise and it comes only after some 20-30km ride.
This is reported by many owners some says it got fixed by ASC, some says its not. I dint bothered much.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for b2b post.

Great looking Motorcycle.

BTW, did you got any solution suggested from TopGear Thumpers for the stiff rear suspension?
Old 24th May 2023, 19:37   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I have got a fairly new one bought around 2022 Dec and done around 2.5k (yes have a very less usage), I do hear tappet noise and it comes only after some 20-30km ride.
This is reported by many owners some says it got fixed by ASC, some says its not. I dint bothered much.
I will recommend you to get your tappets adjusted (as and when required) from an experienced mechanic who knows what he is doing because it is a critical aspect as per my knowledge and requires expertise to match the exact recommended settings of RE. If I am not too wrong it is 0.08 mm for inlet and 0.18 mm from outlet valves.
CLASSICREBORN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 16:48   #222
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, did you got any solution suggested from TopGear Thumpers for the stiff rear suspension?
I discussed with him the suggestion/solution that I had come across here in T-BHP itself and Youtube, which is to use the nitrox suspension from original BS6 or earlier classic models. He did confirm that it was a feasible solution.

Btw, just 2 days ago I got this done at Fixwell Motors, JC road who are the RE genuine spare parts distributor. I went there to purchase the shocks, but they also had in-house mechanics so got the fitting done then and there. During the conversation, mechanic also mentioned that he had done the same replacement for 4 reborns just the day before

Post the upgrade, Initial impressions are good. I've ridden it for about 150 kms only though since then. So, I'll reserve the verdict for later.
Old 25th May 2023, 18:33   #223
BHPian

Quote:
I discussed with him the suggestion/solution that I had come across here in T-BHP itself and Youtube, which is to use the nitrox suspension from original BS6 or earlier classic models. He did confirm that it was a feasible solution.

Btw, just 2 days ago I got this done at Fixwell Motors, JC road who are the RE genuine spare parts distributor. I went there to purchase the shocks, but they also had in-house mechanics so got the fitting done then and there. During the conversation, mechanic also mentioned that he had done the same replacement for 4 reborns just the day before

Post the upgrade, Initial impressions are good. I've ridden it for about 150 kms only though since then. So, I'll reserve the verdict for later.
Good to know!!. i do saw in YT videos about this nitrox upgrade. Did you genuinely 'feel' the change before and after the change? If so its definitely worth doing that. I ve a JC road trip this weekend then
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 10:20   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Did you genuinely 'feel' the change before and after the change?
I genuinely 'believe so' sir I'll be in a better position to comment once I've put more miles.
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 15:11   #225
BHPian

Quote:

How much did the upgrade cost? I am planning on getting the nitrox shocks installed on my Meteor 350 too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks