Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:39   #136
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
I have been hearing the opposite from the dealer in Bangalore...they claim MIY takes much longer. I had booked on the 10th of Oct and no confirmation on delivery timelines yet. The last I spoke with the dealership, they said don't expect before Jan 15th.

Good that you received it early, enjoy the ride! How long is it taking in Bangalore to get the registration number?
In my case i made payment after PDI on 30th September. Got the number by 12th October. As per dealer HSR in Lalbaugh, if i were to go for KA 05 registration would have been faster. I needed the registration from KA 03, hence took longer.
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:01   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
I wanted to buy a bike between the Honda Cb350, Classic 350 & Meteor 350 and went ahead with the booking of Metor due to the relaxed riding stance.

Thing is it has really high waiting period, some of the other Meteor owners have said that they had to wait 3-4 months at the minimum so was wondering if classic is any better in terms of waiting period.
Try with large RE dealers in your city who may have stock of Meteor. I just booked my Meteor Stellar Blue on the 16th Dec and got it delivered yesterday (Chennai). These large dealers stock the Standard offerings like Fireball Yellow/Blue, Stellar Black, Blue and Red etc., (They had so many Meteors and Classic) If you like one of them and customization is not a requirement, you can get it extremely fast. Try it out. This won't work with RE owned showrooms though, as they do not stock.

BTW, please note, it is a fresh piece Dec 21 Manufactured, so, No old stocks etc.,

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 23rd December 2021 at 13:02.
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 18:21   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Try with large RE dealers in your city who may have stock of Meteor. I just booked my Meteor Stellar Blue on the 16th Dec and got it delivered yesterday (Chennai). These large dealers stock the Standard offerings like Fireball Yellow/Blue, Stellar Black, Blue and Red etc., (They had so many Meteors and Classic) If you like one of them and customization is not a requirement, you can get it extremely fast. Try it out. This won't work with RE owned showrooms though, as they do not stock.

BTW, please note, it is a fresh piece Dec 21 Manufactured, so, No old stocks etc.,

Swami
If you don't mind explaining what is the difference between RE owned showroom and other dealers? This is the first time I am buying from RE so don't really have much idea.

I am based out of Mumbai and have booked it with a dealer who has a single RE showroom in Mumbai. Only two dealers named Voyage Motors & Ishna wheels have 2 showrooms respectively in Mumbai. Does that mean these two dealers would have a higher chance of having ready stock?

Also the biggest showroom here is Royal Enfield Company Store which if my understanding is correct is owned directly by Royal Enfield. Which you as mentioned would probably not have stock correct?
Old 23rd December 2021, 22:47   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind explaining what is the difference between RE owned showroom and other dealers? This is the first time I am buying from RE so don't really have much idea.

I am based out of Mumbai and have booked it with a dealer who has a single RE showroom in Mumbai. Only two dealers named Voyage Motors & Ishna wheels have 2 showrooms respectively in Mumbai. Does that mean these two dealers would have a higher chance of having ready stock?

Also the biggest showroom here is Royal Enfield Company Store which if my understanding is correct is owned directly by Royal Enfield. Which you as mentioned would probably not have stock correct?
i_rock098, a RE owned showroom is basically the same as the company store that you have mentioned. From what I have seen in a few cities, they are usually one of the largest dealers in terms of sales and also have better infrastructure, more staff, handle more bike sales, have larger inventory etc.

For your situation, just call all the dealers in your city and ask if any of them has ready stock of the bike that you are looking for. It is possible that someone might have booked a Meteor and doenst have ready funds and cancelled their booking at the last minute.
Old 24th December 2021, 08:39   #140
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Enfield Company store = RE showroom as I mentioned. These people won’t stock.

But, the franchisee RE exclusive dealers (like the one I bought from) will invest and stock. Therefore check with the franchisee guys and they might have. The dealer I bought took me to their stock yard and there were so many Meteors and Classics from standard configurations, from which I picked one. So,check it out

I was originally focused on the Re Direct store only, and they kept saying 90 days, but just went personally to this dealer and it worked out as above

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 24th December 2021 at 08:41.
Old 25th December 2021, 21:34   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
Friends, getting my Dark Stealth Classic this Sunday. I have booked it on Tuesday, bike was readily available in the colour of my choice. While few dealers quoted 45-60 days of delivery time, some had it available in stock. Looking forward to exciting rides.
Some pics of bike @LionsPoint Lonawala. Overall happy with performance. Rode for 160 KMs today from Pune - Lonawala - Pavna dam - Pune. Yes it unsettles on bad roads but overall works out well for city and highways.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-9cefeb6f012943e6835dc1ed1a0dd648.jpeg  

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-7ca23ab8bd5a4445a610ee308d279d9c.jpeg  

FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 11:54   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
i_rock098, a RE owned showroom is basically the same as the company store that you have mentioned. From what I have seen in a few cities, they are usually one of the largest dealers in terms of sales and also have better infrastructure, more staff, handle more bike sales, have larger inventory etc.

For your situation, just call all the dealers in your city and ask if any of them has ready stock of the bike that you are looking for. It is possible that someone might have booked a Meteor and doenst have ready funds and cancelled their booking at the last minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Yes, Enfield Company store = RE showroom as I mentioned. These people won’t stock.

But, the franchisee RE exclusive dealers (like the one I bought from) will invest and stock. Therefore check with the franchisee guys and they might have. The dealer I bought took me to their stock yard and there were so many Meteors and Classics from standard configurations, from which I picked one. So,check it out

I was originally focused on the Re Direct store only, and they kept saying 90 days, but just went personally to this dealer and it worked out as above

Swami

I wanted to say a big thank you to both of you for this suggestion. Over the weekend I tried this by calling up all the Royal Enfield dealers in my city to check if they have any ready stock available.

Unfortunately not a single one had any stock of Meteor available, they had classic & Himalaya readly available and one dealer even had the Continental gt for ready delivery but not Meteor. I still have them my number to call up in case they get any stock available with them.

Just my bad luck I guess. The dealer I have already booked from is telling me that it's good that you are not taking any ready stock as the bikes coming in from 6th Jan onwards will be 2022 manufacted bikes and I should take a 2022.

All of them seem to have good stock of the classic.

Also in the mean time I also decided to check up olx to see if I could get any less used bike for a good deal and found out that people are selling their year old Fireball models at 2.25 L. That's absolutely insane, why will I pay 2.25L for a bike purchased prior to the price hike when I can get a new one for 2.3 L. Tried telling the same to these sellers bit all of them are very firm on the 2.20-2.25 price range.

What according to you guys should be an ideal depreciation for a year old bike just in case I want to consider it. I thought a vehicle looses 10-15% of its value the moment it leaves the showroom am i wrong to have that perception?
i_rock098 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 15:32   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately not a single one had any stock of Meteor available, they had classic & Himalaya readly available and one dealer even had the Continental gt for ready delivery but not Meteor. I still have them my number to call up in case they get any stock available with them.

Just my bad luck I guess. The dealer I have already booked from is telling me that it's good that you are not taking any ready stock as the bikes coming in from 6th Jan onwards will be 2022 manufacted bikes and I should take a 2022.

All of them seem to have good stock of the classic.
i_rock098, in line with what we have seen in the past, it looks as though Royal Enfield has prioritized the production of one particular model towards the end of the year, before production slows down and (we assume) an annual plant shutdown happens. Since the Classic has been a recent launch and is in high demand, you have found easy availability of the bike in different showroom.

Quote:
What according to you guys should be an ideal depreciation for a year old bike just in case I want to consider it. I thought a vehicle looses 10-15% of its value the moment it leaves the showroom am i wrong to have that perception?
This matches some of the crazy prices that are demanded in Kerala Right now, sellers are looking for desperate buyers. In theory, you should be paying between Rs 1.8L to Rs 2L for a year old Meteor, if not less. But this depends on demand and supply and how hot the product is in today's market.

My suggestion is just wait for a few weeks and keep calling the dealerships. Once production normalizes in January, the dealers will start getting bikes quickly and then you wont have any problems in finding one.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 18:55   #144
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited to remove [Font] tags and trim the quoted post. Please avoid copy pasting from external font editors like word and also do a Preview before Submitting post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
i_rock098, in line with what we have seen in the past, it looks as though Royal Enfield has prioritized the production of one particular model towards the end of the year, before production slows down and (we assume) an annual plant shutdown happens.
=====
Once production normalizes in January, the dealers will start getting bikes quickly and then you wont have any problems in finding one.
Just received a call from one of the store managers, he said that they have received the final stocks for the year and it had around 4 meteor but unfortunately all are booked. He said this is the last stock of the year and the plant has shut down now and will open in January.

Also I never imagined in this modern day and age I would see vehicle scalping again. People are selling their bikes for more than what they paid for it which is unethical in so many ways. But I guess when the waiting periods are high people find a business opportunity.

What's sad is that most Automobile manufactures are launching even more models when they can't even meet the existing demand. I mean what's the point? I read the news of Mahindra launching new Scorpio soon despite the fact that Thar & Xuv700 have a one year waiting. Similarly RE are going to launch the hunter and super meteor soon despite not having stock to manage the existing demand. I personally think this is bad philosophy.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2021 at 19:21.
Old 27th December 2021, 20:28   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Just received a call from one of the store managers, he said that they have received the final stocks for the year and it had around 4 meteor but unfortunately all are booked. He said this is the last stock of the year and the plant has shut down now and will open in January.
Got the same update from my dealership. Final shipments have arrived and my Meteor will only get manufactured in Jan. He said he has several Classics ready in stock but no Meteors. He said bikes will start coming in pretty soon in Jan and we can expect wait time of Meteor to go down.
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:51   #146
BHPian

Just booked my second CL 350 in Halcyon Green with some accessories. While the expected date on the email is 3rd March, the dealer is confident about mid Feb delivery.
Hope to get the bike soon.
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:22   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post

Good that you received it early, enjoy the ride! How long is it taking in Bangalore to get the registration number?

Another question...which colour did you buy?
I am expecting the HSRP for the motor cycle this week, in fact I had a call earlier today with the dealership and waiting for their update.

I booked the Chrome Red with tripper navigation under MiY.
Bhodrolok is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:32   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am expecting the HSRP for the motor cycle this week, in fact I had a call earlier today with the dealership and waiting for their update.

I booked the Chrome Red with tripper navigation under MiY.
Great..thanks for your response...looks like its taking 10 odd days then in Bangalore for getting the number plates.
Old 5th January 2022, 19:25   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Got the same update from my dealership. Final shipments have arrived and my Meteor will only get manufactured in Jan. He said he has several Classics ready in stock but no Meteors. He said bikes will start coming in pretty soon in Jan and we can expect wait time of Meteor to go down.
Did you get any update from the dealer? I got a call today from a separate dealer saying that this year onwards RE has officially decreased the waiting period of bikes and you should get Meteor in 75 days instead of 90 and classic in 45 days instead of 60. Did you hear any such thing?

Also there are some rumors going around of a price hike again for all modes of RE, any idea if that's true?
Old 5th January 2022, 19:28   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get any update from the dealer? I got a call today from a separate dealer saying that this year onwards RE has officially decreased the waiting period of bikes and you should get Meteor in 75 days instead of 90 and classic in 45 days instead of 60. Did you hear any such thing?

Also there are some rumors going around of a price hike again for all modes of RE, any idea if that's true?
I got a call saying chassis has been allotted and the bike will be delivered in about 2 weeks. He also said they have got quite a few allocations this time around, both classic and meteor. So the reduced waiting period claim might hold true.

Didn't hear anything about a price hike though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks