Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 18:55   #196
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
My question being, is there any info on how much fuel there is left when the low fuel warning comes? Any reliable sources that have tested it?
As per my dealer low fuel light comes on when there is 3 litres of petrol left.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:00   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
As per my dealer low fuel light comes on when there is 3 litres of petrol left.
That's quite a lot of fuel for a supoosedly empty tank. In a lot of bikes, the fuel pump needs a minimum of 500ml to 1L to stay submerged in petrol. So I guess it's RE making sure low fuel damages are minimum.
Old 29th July 2022, 12:03   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
That's quite a lot of fuel for a supoosedly empty tank. In a lot of bikes, the fuel pump needs a minimum of 500ml to 1L to stay submerged in petrol. So I guess it's RE making sure low fuel damages are minimum.
It's even higher on the Meteor at 5 litres.
Old 16th August 2022, 08:23   #199
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Well I have not test rode Hunter but based on my 9 month ownership experience of Classic 350 Reborn (odo: 3200 km), I would say to go for RE bike as it offers you much more then regular commute as compared to any other manufacturer in this segment.

RE has complete ecosystem to introduce you to the world of biking, long tours, riding essentials and explore the region you are located in & beyond.

I had never thought when I bought the bike in December last year that I will be doing 300 km a day rides in monsoons in Sahyadri’s. And boy this clan took me to places which will put Europe’s beautiful valley’s to shame. Basically they introduced me the region which is unexplored , away from tourists crowd of metro and enjoying long rides.

And to be frank I would have not enjoyed those rides from comfort of my car.

The bike, it’s gem, no vibrations, does 80-100 with ease and comfortable ride over potholes. While regular bikes will jump all over the places over pothole ridden road, but with my classic, just hold the line and throttle your way out.

I have got so much riding gear by now that I need separate wardrobe for it and it’s bliss when riding all decked up.

Local RE riding group has RE employees well. Rides include day rides, Night stay destinations and yearly ride events including Ladakh.

So all in all RE is just not bike, a lot more or I would say a great experience and your ticket to enter proper biking world in our country.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-bfe7fc40db2b4e29afbef243a6de9c3e.jpeg  

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-fee9e994b01b46ef9255ba10439213ad.jpeg  

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-1e1a2ce3f78c4afd831df5169153dc18.jpeg  

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-247abfa66177460895d10388ceb916d3.jpeg  

Last edited by FiatDiesel : 16th August 2022 at 08:49.
FiatDiesel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:42   #200
BHPian

A query to the existing classic 350 reborn owners.
I am almost on the verge of booking the new 350 Halycon Black with alloys as accessory.
Only thing that holding me back is the reliability issues of the earlier UCE bikes.
Does the owners of new Reborn series in this forum faced any serious issues?
I never liked RE in the UCE era. Many of my friends had one, all of them reported many maintenance issues like early sprocket changes and electrical niggles, and I too did not like the riding experience of the UCE engine. However, for the first time, I entered the RE showroom for the test ride of hunter and immediately fell in love with the J series engine. Only thing that felt not right was the sporty riding posture. So took test ride of Classic 350 and liked it. Also test ridden the Honda CB 350 multiple times. I liked the performance and handling characteristics of CB 350 more, but only issues were the tall gearing (I do have to commute through roads with various broken patches , and in CB 350 need to do frequent gear shifts) and the pillion seat comfort. So decided to go with RE Classic reborn. Only concern that I have is regarding the reliability/frequent maintenance. So the opinion from the existing owners on the same will be highly appreciated. (My heart and my wife (who would be the pillion rider) says Classic 350. My mind at times intervenes and says Honda CB 350, only due to the reliability factor. I am a sedate rider (back to motorcycling after 10 years), usually never revs my cars or bikes beyond the 50% of the total available RPM range, and usually lazy in case of gear shifts. So RE actually suits my riding style over Honda. There wouldn't have this dilemma if RE still came with UCE engines, as I hated the UCE experience to the core due to lack of refinement.
sreejithkk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 12:29   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Finally got my Classic Reborn Halcyon Green after waiting for 75 days. But was the wait worth it?
The bike cost me approx 2.6L on road Mumbai which includes the following accessories/add-ons -

1. Alloy wheels with Tubeless tyres
2. Bar end mirrors
3. Sump Guard
4. Crash Guard
5. Headlight Visor
6. Backrest
7. Zero dep Insurance
Congratulations on your new ride. Chrome Red and Halcyon Green, these two colors are my most favourite on Classic newborn. Can you pl. inform about the following points:

1. Booking a customized bike is possible with showroom, offline! Or did they book through app at the showroom?
2. How much was the booking amount for a customized bike? Higher than the normal booking amount!
3. I heard in some youtube videos that booking amount of a customized bike is non-refundable! Is it correct?.
4. Is it possible to book and take a available bike and then replace rims with the RE alloys at the showroom? Off course, with extra cost. In this case, would it be possible to get tubeless tyres too, or one need to get the tubeless tyres from outside, the showroom will provide only alloys!
5. Will there be difference in the fittings/quality, if one order and get customized bike with company fitted alloys and tubeless tyres, than getting them fitted afterwards (RE alloys only)?.

6. How did you find the suspension of new classic? Is it stiff on broken roads, potholes, etc, specially at the rear, as has been told in a few reviews?

Apologies if these sound some silly questions .

If other owners of Classic reborn can also answer these queries, will be thankful.

Thanks

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 22nd August 2022 at 12:31.
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:33   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
1. Booking a customized bike is possible with showroom, offline! Or did they book through app at the showroom?
2. How much was the booking amount for a customized bike? Higher than the normal booking amount!
3. I heard in some Youtube videos that booking amount of a customized bike is non-refundable! Is it correct?.
4. Is it possible to book and take a available bike and then replace rims with the RE alloys at the showroom? Off course, with extra cost. In this case, would it be possible to get tubeless tyres too, or one need to get the tubeless tyres from outside, the showroom will provide only alloys!
5. Will there be difference in the fittings/quality, if one order and get customized bike with company fitted alloys and tubeless tyres, than getting them fitted afterwards (RE alloys only)?.

6. How did you find the suspension of new classic? Is it stiff on broken roads, potholes, etc, specially at the rear, as has been told in a few reviews?
I'll address your queries as per my knowledge and experience.

1. The customised bike was booked at the showroom through the app on their tablet.
2. The booking amount was 10k
3. Didn't care to ask since I was sure of the purchase
4. Not sure, but in the accessories, RE just provides the alloy wheels. So I guess you'll have to source you're tyres
5. I feel anything is better when it's a direct install at the factory, not sure about the alloys, but all other accessories are fitted at the dealer's warehouse
6. Having owned a 2015 classic before, the ride seems stiff but the suspension gets comfortable once you start munching miles on the bike.

Thanks!
TheRajput is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:02   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
I'll address your queries as per my knowledge and experience.

4. Not sure, but in the accessories, RE just provides the alloy wheels. So I guess you'll have to source you're tyres

Thanks!
Thanks. Got it.
Answer to point 4 means, you too got your bike only with alloy wheels and tubed tires from showroom, and got tubeless tires from outside! Right?

How much did the tubeless tires cost? and which brand?

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:31   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Got it.
Answer to point 4 means, you too got your bike only with alloy wheels and tubed tires from showroom, and got tubeless tires from outside! Right?

How much did the tubeless tires cost? and which brand?

Thanks
No, I did not get anything from outside
I got the bike alongwith all accessories including alloys and tubeless tires from the RE store at the time of delivery.
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:32   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
A query to the existing classic 350 reborn owners.
I am almost on the verge of booking the new 350 Halycon Black with alloys as accessory.
Only thing that holding me back is the reliability issues of the earlier UCE bikes.
Does the owners of new Reborn series in this forum faced any serious issues?
I never liked RE in the UCE era. Many of my friends had one, all of them reported many maintenance issues like early sprocket changes and electrical niggles, and I too did not like the riding experience of the UCE engine. However, for the first time, I entered the RE showroom for the test ride of hunter and immediately fell in love with the J series engine. Only thing that felt not right was the sporty riding posture. So took test ride of Classic 350 and liked it. Also test ridden the Honda CB 350 multiple times. I liked the performance and handling characteristics of CB 350 more, but only issues were the tall gearing (I do have to commute through roads with various broken patches , and in CB 350 need to do frequent gear shifts) and the pillion seat comfort. So decided to go with RE Classic reborn. Only concern that I have is regarding the reliability/frequent maintenance. So the opinion from the existing owners on the same will be highly appreciated. (My heart and my wife (who would be the pillion rider) says Classic 350. My mind at times intervenes and says Honda CB 350, only due to the reliability factor. I am a sedate rider (back to motorcycling after 10 years), usually never revs my cars or bikes beyond the 50% of the total available RPM range, and usually lazy in case of gear shifts. So RE actually suits my riding style over Honda. There wouldn't have this dilemma if RE still came with UCE engines, as I hated the UCE experience to the core due to lack of refinement.
I was in same dilemma as you, getting back to bikes after 20 years. I also test rode Honda CB350, KTM 390, Interceptor and new Classic Reborn. Among all of them I liked RE350 as it was suited for comfortable cruising along with pillion on highway and cities both. Then my concern was similar to yours like oil leakages, vibrations etc. i checked with a RE FNG and they said J series has none of these issues. The same engine has been doing duty in Meteor before it’s launched in Reborn 350 and they have not received any negative feedback.

I bought it, and odo is 3200 Kms as of today. Easily cruises at 80 and if you go for dual channel ABS & disc brakes, it’s solid on highways with confidence inspiring braking in difficult scenarios. I have experienced it in my Dark Stealth.

Another reason to not choose Honda is service network. In Pune we have 1 service centre for Big Wings, may be 2 now while RE has it in every area or pin code. I have 3 authorised service centre's with 2-5 KM range of my home and innumerable garages.
You also get lot of custom and standard accessories for RE 350 locally which you’ll not find for Honda.
And in the end RE is cult, Honda is more of commuter.

I have done several rides upto 250 Kms non stop on my bike on highway, no issues whatsoever.

My vote will be for RE.

Happy Hunting
FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:36   #206
BHPian

I always on the look out for foreign reviews of Indian made products and today I came across this. A beautiful video featuring pleasant music, great scenery and a great looking bike.

amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:37   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBytePlay View Post
Thanks!

Yes, it was a MIY booking done via the showroom (RE company Showroom). I had done the booking on 10th September 2021 and got delivery on 7th December.
Congratulations. Bike looks awesome with added accessories I this color.

Just a query: I was exploring MIY and found that option to add alloys is not coming in signals edition! If added in some other color and one changes it to signals, it asks to remove the alloys! However, you booked it, so is it that they have now removed alloys option for signals edition in customization? Buying as accessory through showroom make them costlier as price is Rs. 14000 now whereas when added in MIY the price of alloys is Rs. 9800.

Can you pl. clarify!
Old 24th August 2022, 12:25   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Bike looks awesome with added accessories I this color.

Just a query: I was exploring MIY and found that option to add alloys is not coming in signals edition! If added in some other color and one changes it to signals, it asks to remove the alloys!
Can you pl. clarify!
Checked again by directly selecting signal color first and then it is showing option of adding non-machine cut alloys for Rs 7000.

So query is now resolved .
Old 25th August 2022, 11:38   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Hello BHPians,

Without any delay I went ahead and booked one with MIY on 4th on February. With MIY, the Mag wheels and Cruise seats comes free of cost (which is a steal deal for me). You can have my MIY C350 here

Vasi
Congratulations Vasi for your new ride.
I am trying to book my customized Classic through MIY option at their website, but it doesn't proceed further when clicking 'Proceed' button after selecting everything! Tried several times, and waited for long (over 30 mins). Can you or any other member pl. throw some light as to what could be the reason. My internet connection is very fast, so that's not the reason

Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:24   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to book my customized Classic through MIY option at their website, but it doesn't proceed further when clicking 'Proceed' button after selecting everything! Tried several times, and waited for long (over 30 mins). Can you or any other member pl. throw some light as to what could be the reason. My internet connection is very fast, so that's not the reason

Thanks
I faced the same issue over my phone and laptop while booking for hunter 350. However it worked over the Tablet (browser not app). Weird but you can try as well.
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks