Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 19:48   #151
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I got a call saying chassis has been allotted and the bike will be delivered in about 2 weeks. He also said they have got quite a few allocations this time around, both classic and meteor. So the reduced waiting period claim might hold true.

Didn't hear anything about a price hike though.
Thanks for this update. You booked it on 2 Nov right? I booked on 24th hope i should be getting it soon as well. Do update once you receive it.
Old 5th January 2022, 23:40   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
Did you get any update from the dealer? I got a call today from a separate dealer saying that this year onwards RE has officially decreased the waiting period of bikes and you should get Meteor in 75 days instead of 90 and classic in 45 days instead of 60. Did you hear any such thing?

Also there are some rumors going around of a price hike again for all modes of RE, any idea if that's true?
Yes, the staff at the Bandra store informed me that there will be a 3% hike on the ex showroom price in Jan/Feb.
Old 6th January 2022, 12:54   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Yes, the staff at the Bandra store informed me that there will be a 3% hike on the ex showroom price in Jan/Feb.
If i remember correctly they had just increased price in September right. And now again another price hike. Seems quite excessive.

Any idea if the booking made already will have the older price or new price?
Old 6th January 2022, 15:06   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a general rule it’s always prices prevailing at the time of delivery, unless you have something in writing from the dealer which confirms the earlier price irrespective of any price hike which may happen. This is for all vehicles and mentioned on the price list and/or invoice generally as well.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2022, 12:43   #155
BHPian

Quote:
If i remember correctly they had just increased price in September right. And now again another price hike. Seems quite excessive.

Can confirm that there has indeed been a price hike of about 3% across the whole range. Meteor and Classic prices have gone up by around Rs.6000-7000, and you will have to pay the new price on orders placed even before.
Old 8th January 2022, 18:53   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Can confirm that there has indeed been a price hike of about 3% across the whole range. Meteor and Classic prices have gone up by around Rs.6000-7000, and you will have to pay the new price on orders placed even before.
Damn, just our bad luck I guess. The app also shows the revised prices now. You made the complete payment?
Old 8th January 2022, 18:57   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Damn, just our bad luck I guess. The app also shows the revised prices now. You made the complete payment?
Not yet. Waiting for the bike to arrive and complete PDI before doing so. Should happen at some point next week. Estimated Price went from 2.63L To 2.69L for me
Old 11th January 2022, 10:56   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. Waiting for the bike to arrive and complete PDI before doing so. Should happen at some point next week. Estimated Price went from 2.63L To 2.69L for me
So I have been called to do payment today and I had a question, they are asking me to pay roughly 5k extra for zero dep insurance over the insurance cost shown in the app. Are zero dep insurance that expensive? I thought they would be 1-2k extra at max. At 5k does it make sense to get zero dep?

Also I thinking of taking extended warranty to cover till 5 years. Is that a good idea?
Old 11th January 2022, 11:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
So I have been called to do payment today and I had a question, they are asking me to pay roughly 5k extra for zero dep insurance over the insurance cost shown in the app. Are zero dep insurance that expensive? I thought they would be 1-2k extra at max. At 5k does it make sense to get zero dep?

Also I thinking of taking extended warranty to cover till 5 years. Is that a good idea?
5k for 0 dep insurance doesn't seem right. I was quoted around 1.8k more than the estimate received on the app. It might make sense to get the insurance from outside in your case.
The extended warranty is worth the price in my opinion. It is not exorbitantly priced and guarantees you peace of mind for the foreseeable future, so taking that will be worth it.
Old 11th January 2022, 12:02   #160
BHPian

Quote:

Insurance with zero dep was approx ~ 13K from dealer, in app it showed me cost of insurance to be around 8K. I checked online quote for zero dep from digit was around 12K.
Extended warranty is only good if you get your bike serviced as per schedule from authorised service center which is every 6 months or 5K Km’s whichever is earlier. I am not taking 4 & 5 year extended warranty as I guess 3 years will be sufficient to cover for manufacturing defects and post that I plan to use FNG’s as RE service center’s don’t have great reputation.

So plan well according to your needs and take decision.
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:51   #161

Hi guys.

I just needed some help/advice from the members of the forum

So I was in the market to replace by R15V3 with a more comfortable machine.
I took test rides of many bikes and narrowed down the options to the new Classic 350 and Honda Highness.
Now, out of the above two options, I prefer having the Classic 350 because of the wide network of the dealerships.

I loved the new Chrome Red and Halcyon Green colourways. But I have a few queries and I would be really thankful if you guys could help me out.

1. Is it difficult to maintain Chrome? Especially in comparison to the Metallic Halcyon Green?

2. Which would be a better choice with long term maintenance in mind?

3. Any tips for maintaining chrome?

Hoping you guys can help me out. Cheers!
Old 27th January 2022, 08:50   #162
BHPian

A nice article in the autocar india about Royal Enfield.
https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...he-ages-423351
Old 1st February 2022, 11:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhamdhurve23 View Post
Hi guys.

I just needed some help/advice from the members of the forum

So I was in the market to replace by R15V3 with a more comfortable machine.
I took test rides of many bikes and narrowed down the options to the new Classic 350 and Honda Highness.
Now, out of the above two options, I prefer having the Classic 350 because of the wide network of the dealerships.

I loved the new Chrome Red and Halcyon Green colourways. But I have a few queries and I would be really thankful if you guys could help me out.

1. Is it difficult to maintain Chrome? Especially in comparison to the Metallic Halcyon Green?

2. Which would be a better choice with long term maintenance in mind?

3. Any tips for maintaining chrome?

Hoping you guys can help me out. Cheers!
I have never owned a vehicle with a lot of chrome but from my experience dealing with whatever chrome is there on my vehicles, I do feel maintenance will be a little extra effort for the chrome model. Simple reason I feel is the way chrome attracts finger prints and water marks.

When it comes to best way to maintain it, I do feel a good wipe with a dry microfiber cloth after a wash should do the trick.
Old 1st February 2022, 11:56   #164
BHPian

Hello CL350 owners,

Where is the ownership experience, please share your views and experience with the bike. This is such a lovely machine. How's the service experience of the new J1 engine?

We had some great posts on the Meteor thread but somehow this thread didn't pick up pace and is a more relaxed one just like the Classic! Atleast, share pictures of your lovely machines.

Sharing a conversation of a fellow bhpian,

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 23:31   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
I have never owned a vehicle with a lot of chrome but from my experience dealing with whatever chrome is there on my vehicles, I do feel maintenance will be a little extra effort for the chrome model. Simple reason I feel is the way chrome attracts finger prints and water marks.

When it comes to best way to maintain it, I do feel a good wipe with a dry microfiber cloth after a wash should do the trick.
I appreciate the revert, brother.

Ah, yes. Keeping the Chrome dry and cleaning/polishing it at regular intervals seems to be the key.
Still contemplating on the colour.
Halcyon Green is elegant and simple.
Chrome is such a head turner though.
Wish I could buy one each

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks