Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 12:57   #121
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Congrats on the new ride!

My MIY Classic 350 should be delivered this weekend, is there a PDI list available? Also the dealer is insisting on full payment before PDI which seems counter intuitive to me. Any suggestions?

Interestingly I had booked the motor cycle on 01 Nov (Hosur Road, Bangalore store), it's getting delivered within 45 days. Looks like the production is getting smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBytePlay View Post
Thanks!

Yes, it was a MIY booking done via the showroom (RE company Showroom). I had done the booking on 10th September 2021 and got delivery on 7th December.

They are extremely slow when it comes to MIY bookings. Do a lot of follow-ups.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 21:20   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Congrats on the new ride!

My MIY Classic 350 should be delivered this weekend, is there a PDI list available? Also the dealer is insisting on full payment before PDI which seems counter intuitive to me. Any suggestions?

Interestingly I had booked the motor cycle on 01 Nov (Hosur Road, Bangalore store), it's getting delivered within 45 days. Looks like the production is getting smoother.
I think 45 days is like a really great delivery time especially considering it's a MIY bike and there are reports of people waiting 4+ months.

Did you anything for the faster delivery or did it happen automatically? Also I have a feeling classic has lesser waiting compared to meteor and 650 twins, not 100% about it though.
i_rock098 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 14:56   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
Also I have a feeling classic has lesser waiting compared to meteor and 650 twins, not 100% about it though.
Yeah Classic has the shortest waiting time in the RE range now. When I booked my Meteor the waiting time for Classic was 45-60 days, Meteor 90-120 days and the 650 Twins was 120 days as well.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 22:02   #124
BHPian

Friends, getting my Dark Stealth Classic this Sunday. I have booked it on Tuesday, bike was readily available in the colour of my choice. While few dealers quoted 45-60 days of delivery time, some had it available in stock. Looking forward to exciting rides.
FiatDiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 01:02   #125
BHPian

I was surprised too when I got the call day before, during booking I was told it might take upto 90 days. Today when I went for payment, the dealer told me apparently RE are doing MiY bikes on priority.

I had not even called the dealer once since I was mentally prepared for Jan and the plan was to start following up in the new year.

Quote:
I think 45 days is like a really great delivery time especially considering it's a MIY bike and there are reports of people waiting 4+ months.

Did you anything for the faster delivery or did it happen automatically?
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 13:27   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Yeah Classic has the shortest waiting time in the RE range now. When I booked my Meteor the waiting time for Classic was 45-60 days, Meteor 90-120 days and the 650 Twins was 120 days as well.
Quote:
I was surprised too when I got the call day before, during booking I was told it might take upto 90 days. Today when I went for payment, the dealer told me apparently RE are doing MiY bikes on priority.

I had not even called the dealer once since I was mentally prepared for Jan and the plan was to start following up in the new year.
Ah so what I thought was correct, Classic does indeed have a shorter waiting period compared to other bikes. And it does make sense since it's their best selling model they would have a higher stock of chips and other components to keep producing them. I wanted to buy a bike between the Honda Cb350, Classic 350 & Meteor 350 and went ahead with the booking of Metor due to the relaxed riding stance.

Thing is it has really high waiting period, some of the other Meteor owners have said that they had to wait 3-4 months at the minimum so was wondering if classic is any better in terms of waiting period.

@Rahul Did you receive your Meteor? What was the waiting period for you? Is it getting any better for Meteor or its just as bad?

@Bhod A question, is it not disadvantageous to register the bike in Dec compared to Jan of next year as you get a full year of deprecation for one single month in the event you plan to sell it sometime in the future?
Old 18th December 2021, 18:00   #127
BHPian

Quote:
My MIY Classic 350 should be delivered this weekend, is there a PDI list available? Also the dealer is insisting on full payment before PDI which seems counter intuitive to me. Any suggestions? .
I didn’t find any specific PDI list but insisted on checking the bike before complete payment. Dealer brought it to showroom, rejected the specific bike which was assigned on my name as it had few scratches on it’s exhaust. He got me another one which looked fine(no scratches). When I wanted to start it, they didn’t agree. Given the high number of sales and good number of bikes (7 dark stealth at showroom itself), I didn’t doubt much and agreed to proceed further.

I will get to see and ride her tomorrow, will post my feedback.

Can you share the insurance quotation ? I am offered ~ 13 K with zero dep and RTI through ICICI Lombard.
Old 18th December 2021, 19:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Ah so what I thought was correct, Classic does indeed have a shorter waiting period compared to other bikes. And it does make sense since it's their best selling model they would have a higher stock of chips and other components to keep producing them. I wanted to buy a bike between the Honda Cb350, Classic 350 & Meteor 350 and went ahead with the booking of Metor due to the relaxed riding stance.

Thing is it has really high waiting period, some of the other Meteor owners have said that they had to wait 3-4 months at the minimum so was wondering if classic is any better in terms of waiting period.

@Rahul Did you receive your Meteor? What was the waiting period for you? Is it getting any better for Meteor or its just as bad?

@Bhod A question, is it not disadvantageous to register the bike in Dec compared to Jan of next year as you get a full year of deprecation for one single month in the event you plan to sell it sometime in the future?
Not OP, but i had booked the meteor on September 10, and after a little follow up with RE in November the quoted delivery period was Feb 2022. So decided to go ahead and cancel that, instead booking and getting the cb350 in just 3 days

Some RE dealers have readily available stock for the classic, it depends from region to region but meteor isn't that readily available.
Old 18th December 2021, 23:22   #129
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked mine on November 2nd and the quoted waiting period was 90 days. The tentative delivery date given to me was end Jan. The last time I followed up the dealer said the delivery will happen around the estimated delivery and early delivery is unlikely. But he said bikes will 100% get delivered on time and delays aren't expected anymore.

Last time I passed by the dealership I saw a large shipment of bikes arriving with majority of them being Meteors

Last edited by rahulcmoulee : 18th December 2021 at 23:26.
Old 20th December 2021, 11:51   #130
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield recalls 26,300 Classic 350s (from model year 2021) for possible brake-related issue.

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-fb_img_1639981425197.jpg

Quote:
The issue has been clearly isolated to the single-channel ABS, rear drum brake Classic 350 models, manufactured between September 1 and December 5.
Quote:
As per the OEM under specific riding conditions, it was discovered that exceptionally higher braking load applied on the rear brake pedal could lead to potential damage of the reaction bracket, which could further lead to unusual braking noise, and potential deterioration of braking efficiency in extreme conditions.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th December 2021 at 11:55.
Old 20th December 2021, 15:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post

I will get to see and ride her tomorrow, will post my feedback.

Can you share the insurance quotation ? I am offered ~ 13 K with zero dep and RTI through ICICI Lombard.
Got mine yesterday, have to say it runs really smooth.

Got my insurance from HDFC Ergo, zero dep for 10k with an IDV of 2.04 lakhs.
Bhodrolok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Got mine yesterday, have to say it runs really smooth.

Got my insurance from HDFC Ergo, zero dep for 10k with an IDV of 2.04 lakhs.
Great, Congratulations. I also took delivery yesterday and rode it Lonavala from Pune. It’s awesome to ride. For first 500 kms, it’s recommended to drive at moderate speeds up to 60 so was not able to explore her full potential.

You got a better quote than here in Pune for insurance.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st December 2021 at 05:15. Reason: As requested
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 12:51   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peri_patetic99 View Post
Not OP, but i had booked the meteor on September 10, and after a little follow up with RE in November the quoted delivery period was Feb 2022. So decided to go ahead and cancel that, instead booking and getting the cb350 in just 3 days

Some RE dealers have readily available stock for the classic, it depends from region to region but meteor isn't that readily available.
Did you get the anniversary edition of the CB 350?

Also it would be great if you could give your opinions on how you feel riding and comparing the CB 350 with the Classic 350 & Meteor 350. Was it just the waiting period that made you choose the CB over the RE cousins or were there some other pointers as well?
Old 21st December 2021, 19:15   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the anniversary edition of the CB 350?

Also it would be great if you could give your opinions on how you feel riding and comparing the CB 350 with the Classic 350 & Meteor 350. Was it just the waiting period that made you choose the CB over the RE cousins or were there some other pointers as well?
No, i got the athletic blue dlx pro model, the anniversary edition came out later. I don't think I would have gone for it as well because I like the red h'ness badge and imo it adds a good contrast to the dual tone color.

I did test ride the meteor twice, it felt slow( in comparison with the h'ness) and a little bit on the heavier side, the handling was limited a little by the cruiser stance. Also, I'm a tall guy, and initially my ankles touched the more hot part of the silencer many times while riding and turning, and I did get some minor burns too(incidentally, on the day i went to book it as well). You can definitely get used to it, but it will take a while and imo sometimes in emergency situations you aren't really thinking about your foot positioning so you might touch it by mistake.

The cb had a tad lighter clutch as well, and it was the bike i had initially planned on buying, all these things coupled with the delay in delivery made me go ahead and cancel my booking.

Will post an ownership review too in the coming few days.
Peri_patetic99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:05   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I have been hearing the opposite from the dealer in Bangalore...they claim MIY takes much longer. I had booked on the 10th of Oct and no confirmation on delivery timelines yet. The last I spoke with the dealership, they said don't expect before Jan 15th.

Good that you received it early, enjoy the ride! How long is it taking in Bangalore to get the registration number?

Another question...which colour did you buy?

Last edited by SafeDrive0107 : 22nd December 2021 at 17:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks