Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2023, 10:45   #751
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

It’s a blatant price gouging practice to ask for more money for certain colors. Seriously how much paint is even used on the bike when you have only 3-4 panels/pieces?

I hope RE grows beyond it, but I doubt.
Himanshu809 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 11:06   #752
BHPian

If it is only for the paint scheme, the price difference doesn’t really make sense. I found the Kaza Brown to be decent as well, a cool graphics/wrap job will enhance the appeal manifold. Also it doesn’t attract as much attention as the Hanle Black, it can be a pro or a con depending upon the user. Will check both again today.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 11:11   #753
Senior - BHPian

Wrap costs a bomb too. Hanle doesnt attract attention. The black just merges in with the other bikes on road. Even i found this price differentiation strange, based on colours only. For early pre-bookers 'Jayanagar company owned showroom' is asking 3 months. So a higher price for all, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal_Eagle View Post
If it is only for the paint scheme, the price difference doesn’t really make sense. I found the Kaza Brown to be decent as well, a cool graphics/wrap job will enhance the appeal manifold. Also it doesn’t attract as much attention as the Hanle Black, it can be a pro or a con depending upon the user. Will check both again today.

Last edited by Sebring : 25th November 2023 at 11:25.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 12:18   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wrap costs a bomb too. Hanle doesnt attract attention. The black just merges in with the other bikes on road. Even i found this price differentiation strange, based on colours only. For early pre-bookers 'Jayanagar company owned showroom' is asking 3 months. So a higher price for all, I guess.
I walked in HSR RE since i had the pre booking there and was told the same thing. 3 months, but as per the GM there he said in December there will be 100 customers who can get the bike at the launch price. I am unsure if it was 100 per city/state/overall etc...
aston_martyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 12:30   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
It’s a blatant price gouging practice to ask for more money for certain colors. Seriously how much paint is even used on the bike when you have only 3-4 panels/pieces?

It's common for auto manufacturers to ask for higher prices for desirable colors. Look at Tesla as an example.

It's just one of the ways they increase their margins.
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 12:31   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
I walked in HSR RE since i had the pre booking there
Do HSR showroom have a 450 display bike? Did they say when the test ride bikes will be available?
Old 25th November 2023, 12:39   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Do HSR showroom have a 450 display bike? Did they say when the test ride bikes will be available?
HSR on Rajkumar road does. I'd been there yesterday for the launch and this morning to enquire about formalities.
aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 13:12   #758
BHPian

Quote:

There’s nothing new here. Triumph has been doing that for years with most models. There’s one colour at the base price and all other colours have additional charges. Triumph says it maintains exclusivity of the better colours. Plus they make more profit too!

So if there are customers who are willing to pay a little more for their colour choice you can’t blame RE for trying to cash in. Businesses are all about profits and margins before anything else. Just my view.
Darkcloud is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:04   #759
BHPian

Quote:

RE has always been doing this for most of their lineup if not all. When I bought my motorcycle, there were three variants as well distinguished only by colour. The "base" colours were the white and the silver, the "mid" colours were the rock red and the lake blue, at a premium of INR 5000 over base, and the "higher-end" colours were Granite Black and Pine green, at a premium of INR 10,000 over base. Nothing new really.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:49   #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
For folks who have pre-booking, how many of you are going ahead and what’s the process as per the dealers?
Since the cut off is 31st December (too short, year end as well)

Also, for folks who want to cancel the pre-booking what is the process?
Having made the pre-booking on the day of launch, i still find myself at the verge of making a decision yet. I have been contemplating whether to go ahead with the first lot or wait for the reviews to come in.
My existing bike is almost at the verge of completing it's 15 year cap.

My dealer told me that the they should start the deliveries from 1st/2nd week of December for the Pre-booked bikes.

As for the cut off, my understanding is that the all the booking made this year will be made at the Introductory price. Irrespective of whether the delivery is made this year or not.

CANCELLATION

I had some glitch with my booking, and was asked to cancel the booking and rebook. Although this glitch was sorted from back end and I didn't had to cancel.
But here the email i had received from the Royal Enfield Support Team:
In order to proceed with the cancellation process, kindly visit the dealership that was assigned to you at the time of booking. Please bring the following documents with you for the cancellation process:

● Original Booking receipt (Booking details with booking ID/Name/Date/Booking Amount)
● KYC Details: Photo identity proof (PAN card/Aadhaar card/Voters ID) with Address
● Cancelled cheque
● Written confirmation stating you wish to cancel or a manual cancellation form to be filled out at the dealership
● Details of Payment made by yourselves
The Booking amount, i was told, shall be refunded completely within 5-7 working days.

Hope this helps everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-himalyan-452-cancellation-process.png  

MotoChild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 15:49   #761
BHPian

This is now the most critical phase for the all awaited Himalayan 452, the hype was real, the product looks promising, and the pricing is competitive given one is getting a fully fledged ADV.

Now it time for this bike to prove itself in the hands of early adopters who'll stress test the machine to its mettle. An informed customer will probably choose to wait till they launch the cross-spoke rims with tubeless tyres, it would be interesting to see if they can provide those rims in Gold finish with the Hanle Black(read Top Model). 5-6 months would be enough time for any major issues or niggles to crop up.

Having said that, Royal Enfields testing protocol has become quite trustworthy for someone with cash to spare. The 650 Twin and the 350 J-series platform has been largely reliable albeit with some rare issues and minor niggles that leave something to desire from what has since become an internationally well-reputed company.
Baristyro is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:33   #762
BHPian

The price difference between the Kamet Black tubed and tubeless versions is GBP 250 in the UK. Would it be fair to assume that the tubeless Kamet Black would cost ~ INR 3.1 lakh ex-showroom in India (whenever it is launched)?
Old 25th November 2023, 16:46   #763
BHPian

Saw the bikes at Acclaim Yelahanka.

Visually I thought it's quite striking. When it leaked a lot of us said it looks like the Xpulse but IRL it's obviously a much bigger bike.

Agree with comment on footpegs, but as an Interceptor user it is nothing new. Not a deal breaker imo.

One thing is that it definitely felt like its stated weight. I did a long bicycle ride in the morning so legs are pretty shot, but there was no "ZOMG i can't believe this is 196kg it feels so light" moment.

Store gentleman mentioned they're expecting Bell helmet collab to reach stores in a month, but was quick to add that RE hasn't yet released some of the promised TCX collabs from last RiderMania.

Last edited by ostrish : 25th November 2023 at 16:46. Reason: Emoji compatibility breaking
ostrish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:47   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoChild View Post

My dealer told me that the they should start the deliveries from 1st/2nd week of December for the Pre-booked bikes.

As for the cut off, my understanding is that the all the booking made this year will be made at the Introductory price. Irrespective of whether the delivery is made this year or not.
Thanks for the info. However my dealership out here in Bangalore told me the exact opposite. Whosoever takes delivery within Dec 31st are eligible for launch price, rest would be carried over next year with the revised prices.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:49   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
Saw the bikes at Acclaim Yelahanka.

Store gentleman mentioned they're expecting Bell helmet collab to reach stores in a month, but was quick to add that RE hasn't yet released some of the promised TCX collabs from last RiderMania.
This is exactly the info i was looking for and none from HSR bangalore could help me. I've been putting off buying gear for this. So it would be worth the wait i hope. Thank you.
aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks