Team-BHP - All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/48279-all-t-bhp-royal-enfield-owners-your-bike-pics-here-please-19.html)

Thanks musicmanaman,
This one obviously has 2 spark plugs and the engine is the new unit construction engine, which includes the gearbox and clutch in the engine case.

I guess the bike gurus here can explain more about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram.west (Post 1424028)
@Grease Monkey : Nice Ride you've got there. Could'nt stop noticing that JAF sticker. How long you've been going to JAF??

Thanks Ram. I got the bike only in April. My first bullet, and my first bike. Been taking it to Jaf ever since. Have only seen Jaf in person only once, but his son, Aarif, seems to be taking over the garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreaseMonk (Post 1424140)
Thanks Ram. I got the bike only in April. My first bullet, and my first bike. Been taking it to Jaf ever since. Have only seen Jaf in person only once, but his son, Aarif, seems to be taking over the garage.

All RE's in our group were bought from JAF. We are all regulars there. We'll meet up sometime when there for service. :).

Here is a pic of a recent ride , location Warandha ghats

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram.west (Post 1424421)
All RE's in our group were bought from JAF. We are all regulars there. We'll meet up sometime when there for service. :).

Definitely! Looking forward to it. What do you mean by 'group'? The 'Bulls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreaseMonk (Post 1425592)
Definitely! Looking forward to it. What do you mean by 'group'? The 'Bulls?

Not the Bulls buddy. Never could really find time to be part of the Bulls, would do one day but. The group I meant, is my gang of friends. Check out the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1036247

Inspiring and creative mods, Do you really need a filter on the oil brather ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlarrgMaster (Post 1411839)
Well thought I would make this my first post. So you can see my DIY bodges and mods...

Its an almost standard Bullet, except with a re-jetted carb, short silencer and light rockers. There are other odd little quirks with it, of my own doing. Such as the re-located oil breather thing with its own air filter which you can see on the right. The copper thing on the carb is a water guard, I had a problem when water got on the K&N 'style' filter.... the copper thing was actualy a cheese shaker.

Notice the rather large exhaust finn.... It had broken finns and I got it cheep, altered it to fit around the PAV blanker bolt.

Black logo'less points cover is the standard chrome one filled and painted.

I made the leather right side tool bag from bits of two old boots and a bit from a leather jacket... I also have a tool roll I made from another two old boots and some old belts. I might upload a pic of that later. Oh and other bits of the boot made the battery strap...

Notice the DIY chain oiler on the left side? Made from old fuel line parts and an old pot in the tool box.

Handle bars are pattern ones for a Norton, higher and I think a few inches wider.

Lastly, the number plate and tail light holder was made from part of an old plastic bulk head from a van and part of an old spot light bracket.

Its at 7110 Klms since new and the only fault is that there was a factor installed helicoil for one of the rocker studs. I've had the bike since new so I know it was the factory.

So what do you think? Oh and normaly it has a parcel rack on, but don't look so nice with it on.

Hey greasy baboon. How do you pick up girls on your bike? Do they have to squeeze themselves onto that single seat.

Would'nt it be too greasy to hold onto you?? :D

What is Retro Silencer? Anyone changed to it for TBTS? Where can I get it? Any support is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay (Post 1424016)
agbenny, thanks! I do use a helmet always.
Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday of my new TBTS.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Rule the Road with this beast! :-)

Pictures Of my 2005 Machismo. Clocked only 11k till date :). Good as new.

Off late though, I have been having problems with the bike switching off after I turn the head lights on at night. My guess is that there is a problem with the alternator. Anything else that can cause this problem ??

Ps: Mods please delete if the question not appropriate for this tread.

Thanks

Rahul

Hey RVD, your Machismo is absolutely spanking new!! Check you Battery for charging regarding the issue.

RVD, your bike looks brand new even after 4 years, you sure do take good care of him.

@ Musicmanaman, Thanks for the compliment. I am slightly more biased towards my machismo than my other vehicles.

Off late, I wash the bike BEFORE giving it for service as I have realized that
one can never stop the mechanics from running their hands all over the bike's tank and causing minute scratches all over it. It is better to give them a clean bike that has no dust granules to cause any scratches:Dstupid:

@Ram.West, Thanks for your comments. Actually, I have changed the battery only a month back and all the lights and horn work pretty fine. The battery seems ok. If I start riding the bike and then switch on the head light then it is ok, but when the bike is in stand still( slight revving) and the light is turned on, the bike switches off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVD (Post 1430256)
Off late, I wash the bike BEFORE giving it for service as I have realized that
one can never stop the mechanics from running their hands all over the bike's tank and causing minute scratches all over it. It is better to give them a clean bike that has no dust granules to cause any scratches:Dstupid:

Another good reason to clean your bike before giving it for service is that the mechanic knows that you care for your bike and knows that if he does a half-assed job, he will get a earful from you later.

Hi all,

This is my '91 Standard 350.