Team-BHP - All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/48279-all-t-bhp-royal-enfield-owners-your-bike-pics-here-please-49.html)

Oh it seems that i missed some pages there will have to check the posts. And hey every one i am going to post up the pics of my Bullet in somedays just getting it repainted

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 2139848)
This bike seems to be repainted. i cane be wrong. but very clean TB

Yes - Repainted - Chose a "Mehandi" shade, Rechromed, Buffing etc...
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayBerry (Post 2139865)
roy_libran:
It's very refreshing to see such a clean gear box and oil tank. Your TB looks nice. Have fun riding her.

Thanks. I have tried to keep it as ship shape as possible, all through my ownership.
Quote:

Originally Posted by (Alok) (Post 2140203)
roy
Congratulation on return of thunder (AFAIK first AVL engine for RE in India). Bike is looking as good as new.

But story of restoration (& previous experience) is still untold. What are the problems in restoration of an AVL engine?

If you have story with pics, please start a separate thread (as this thread is meant for pics only)

There is not much of a story. Apart from a Busted Starter Coil, Magnet, Crank Bearings, nothing else had to be changed. No piston/cylinder job was needed. I still have another couple of things to do - Something about the Seat and change the Rear Shocks. Any suggestions?
The only other thing is, I was about to sell this off in Feb-Mar this year for 30K. Had almost finalized a deal. Then backed out at the last moment, and finally went in for this complete back to new restoration.
She still rides like a dream.

This were some of the pics on my first trip.....

One Classic SNAP :

: -) had to climb a big tree for this :

some snaps from my first trip....

Flickr: ravulapalliarun's Photostream

The Top View of the Bike is Awesome. Have rarely seen an Enfield from this Angle, without someone being on it. By the way, we seem to share the same Leg Guards. :-)

@Chanu: Thanks for the appreciation buddy
@Gordon: These are the side pics of my bullet (Right side; as you had asked)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 2140394)

What is the cost of painting (paint + labour)? Have you done it at Authorised Work shop or out side (Paint is done very nicely)?

Quote:

Something about the Seat and change the Rear Shocks. Any suggestions?

Regarding seat if you do not have any specific problem, continue with existing one. Because of cruiser style of TB it will be matter of big R&D. regarding rear shocks if RE classics’s shocks are direct fitment go with that otherwise electra’s gas filled shocks. Only go for direct fit shocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Alok) (Post 2140803)
What is the cost of painting (paint + labour)? Have you done it at Authorised Work shop or out side (Paint is done very nicely)?

Regarding seat if you do not have any specific problem, continue with existing one. Because of cruiser style of TB it will be matter of big R&D. regarding rear shocks if RE classics’s shocks are direct fitment go with that otherwise electra’s gas filled shocks. Only go for direct fit shocks.

Don't recall the exact price of the paint job. Did the job from an establishment named "Metalartzian", run by Sagar. He did a very professional job. I paid him around 20K for everything (Paint + Chrome + Engine Crank Work + New Rims etc...)

I'm keen to understand the difference between the electra gas shocks, and the Classic's shocks. Can you help?

I referred them separately because there is difference in wheel size Classic (18”) & Electra (19”). Not necessary but there may be a little difference in lenght. If no difference in length we can go for classic one.

Will upload some more soon. This was from a short ride to Lonavala!

Wow!! Rajitn this is one of the best photographs taken along with the RE. I am sure if the RE promotion guys see this they would be definately be impressed. Wonderful machine at a breathtaking place.

Quote:

Thanks. I have tried to keep it as ship shape as possible, all through my ownership.

There is not much of a story. Apart from a Busted Starter Coil, Magnet, Crank Bearings, nothing else had to be changed. No piston/cylinder job was needed. I still have another couple of things to do - Something about the Seat and change the Rear Shocks. Any suggestions?
The only other thing is, I was about to sell this off in Feb-Mar this year for 30K. Had almost finalized a deal. Then backed out at the last moment, and finally went in for this complete back to new restoration.
She still rides like a dream.

Na i am just going for a Black paint . and rather than painting it i am getting it powder coated.

Here are few more pics as i promised! :)

The pics are six months old , Now he got some more cosmetic upgrades. I will post the latest pics by this weekend . Now a couple of his old appearance.
Modifications done are Michro 2 spoke alloys,Goldie silencer,Custom crash guard,custom rear shock absorbers and RD350 carb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulZire (Post 2157529)
Modifications done are Michro 2 spoke alloys,Goldie silencer,Custom crash guard,custom rear shock absorbers and RD350 carb.

Please tell us more about that RD350 carb. When the Mikunis/Micarbs and the CV carbs are available freely, is there any specific reason why you chose an RD carb? Are there any significant changes felt with the new carb?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 2157587)
Please tell us more about that RD350 carb. When the Mikunis/Micarbs and the CV carbs are available freely, is there any specific reason why you chose an RD carb? Are there any significant changes felt with the new carb?

The RD350 Carb setup with increased jet valve was done just to experiment about the performance and FE . Initially it had good impact giving a very good FE, but no difference in performance. Slowly i got to face a gradual decrease both in performance and mileage :deadhorse. So I personally don't suggest this setup, I am getting back to the standard Mikuni carb again.