Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 18:05   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets

Can anyone confirm if the new exhausts that are on the TB's and Classics have any glasswool in them? Or are they only chambered with filtered pipes in them.
The only glasswool exhaust I think that came from the company was that on the Electra and Std Cast Iron bikes. The catalytic convertor now I feel adds to the reduce noise level as well.
Old 24th June 2014, 20:11   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Can anyone confirm if the new exhaust..
I don't know about the Thunderbird but I'm quite sure that there's no glasswool in the other models.Atleast that's what the folks at the spares shop told me.
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 07:54   #168
BHPian

I liked the upswept Wild Boar exhaust, but it seems that one is not meant for the old Thunderbird. While the other two WBs don't sound as impressive as the upswept one.

So, am in dilemma once again. All these megaphones & goldstars have got me confused. Seen them on different sites and on each, the name is different. I will have to go for online buying because here in Ahmedabad, they sell Indori only.

Would highly appreciate if someone could suggest a silencer with a loud bassy thump like the old bullets (except Indori).

Thanks,
Moshel

P.S. I have a Thunderbird Twinspark 350 2010 model (UCE).
Old 26th August 2014, 10:27   #169
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone please guide me from where I can buy the wild boar exhaust for cl 500 dessert storm in Pune.As far as I know I didnt find any online vendors.
Old 26th August 2014, 17:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Could anyone please guide me from where I can buy the wild boar exhaust for cl 500 dessert storm in Pune.As far as I know I didnt find any online vendors.
Rakesh,

You can find them on ebay.in. I just searched it and found 3 models. Give it a try.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 21:39   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi,

Just recently bought a Goldstar from Aashu Engineering Works, Pune. They do keep Wild Boar's as well, I think. You can see their website, just search for Torque Exhausts.

Also, you can visit the area in Pune where all bike spare part dealers are, I believe it is in Wanawadi. I had asked my uncle to check for Wild Boar and he visited some shop randomly and it did have Wild Boar silencer.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Moshel
moshel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:48   #172

HI all!
I'm using a monster glasswool by SANS and I used to use the wild boar before this. Currently my top speed seems to have lowered and It takes longer to reach 90-100km/hr . But the handling is way better on the monster.Is there some way I can bring about a better balance?
Old 30th October 2014, 16:08   #173
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the obvious change in shape, are there any differences between the silencers of a Thunderbird 500 and a Classic 500?
Old 30th October 2014, 17:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Apart from the obvious change in shape, are there any differences between the silencers of a Thunderbird 500 and a Classic 500?

Yes, for some reason the TB has glass wool stuffed in the muffler part.
The old TB-AVL engines were the same muffler that were found on Classics except in a different shape.
Old 30th October 2014, 17:46   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, for some reason the TB has glass wool stuffed in the muffler part.
Does it have any bearing on the performance of the bike? Or is it just there for the sound dampening? Btw, are the exhausts interchangeable?
Old 30th October 2014, 18:46   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Does it have any bearing on the performance of the bike? Or is it just there for the sound dampening? Btw, are the exhausts interchangeable?
Nope, no performance gains or loss. I guess the TB silencer was designed to go along with its look. My guess the reason it got the glasswool was because it was made for long distance cruising , hence more muffled the exhaust, the better.

RE was quite confusing in the sound department. The old Cast Irons used to get the glasswool muffler with the removable cup at the end , but the AVL bikes which really needed that thump got the very long mufflers that are seen on the Classics now.

Yes, they should be interchangeable in that the muffler will fit the bend pipe, but the mounting points/clamps may differ.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:38   #177
BHPian

Hello Every1,

I have a year old DS and I am planning to change my exhaust to indore or short bottle.

Is there any performance issue involved? Like since DS is fuel injected, do i need to get any remapping / maintenance done?
Any1 here has changed indore / short bottle in fuel injected machines?

Please give your feed backs and experiences.

Thanks in Advance
Old 4th December 2014, 00:06   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Hello Every1,

I have a year old DS and I am planning to change my exhaust to indore or short bottle
As far as I know,no.Several of my friends own efi 500's and none of them have done any sort of re-mapping.

A suggestion if I may.RRP has some really good exhausts for the 500's.Do check them out.Slightly expensive but I had a feel of the quality myself.Very well built.Way better than the normal ones we get.

Have fun

Regards
Old 4th December 2014, 14:54   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
As far as I know,no.Several of my friends own efi 500's and none of them have done any sort of re-mapping.

A suggestion if I may.RRP has some really good exhausts for the 500's.Do check them out.Slightly expensive but I had a feel of the quality myself.Very well built.Way better than the normal ones we get.

Have fun

Regards
Thank you for the suggestion. Can i Know little bit more about RRP? Is it available in banglore? Any outlets / online links?
Old 5th December 2014, 12:06   #180
BHPian

Has anyone managed to change the default silencer in TB-500 without any issues ? Noted many people changing their silencers @ JC Road, Bangalore last week, almost everyone who came there, did ! I was a little hesitant, having noted ArizonaJim's observations on multiple threads, where some have highlighted firing issues, etc.

Also, IndiMotard have come up with 'Thumpest' for Bullets. Would like to know expert comments

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks