Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 10:17   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I was wondering, what if I do not change the bend-pipe, and let the hot tube be there, and then install a goldstar exhaust ?

would that mean that low end torque would be lower than the stock setup but higher than a 'bare' bend pipe ?
It will be lower than stock. But you're better off retaining the hot tube if you're using the goldie because without the hot tube, your low end torque will be even lower.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 24th April 2010, 11:17   #122
BHPian

my bike has just done above 3k, and I plan to Ride to Ladakh in June. So I am assuming by that time, I would be close to 4k mark.

For the Ladakh ride, I am planning to use the stock setup for more torque. For city use Goldstar and Short-bottle would be used.
Old 8th May 2010, 22:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to saurabh for such a beautiful exaust that he has made. today after some time i got to ride my 350 amazing is the word that i have for the ride with the new goldstar. it has really made a difference. the low end has decreades but the top end has been improved and that thump wah that thump i never knew that a loud thump could be so sweet. i normally do 70-80 on my thumper but today i was so comfy going beyond 100. i would not know what the top end was but all i know is its the SANs Goldstar that has done the trick for me
Old 16th December 2010, 05:54   #124
BHPian

Re: All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets

Mr Snidal Uncle says in his RE Bullet Service Manual that the standard exhaust which comes with the Bull is very restrictive. And that a slightly less restrictive exhaust will make the bike perform better. Well guys, I don't wanna attach a free flow goldie and make enemies in my neighborhood or get chased by dogs. What is the next best option that I have ie less restrictive exhaust????
Old 16th December 2010, 11:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Mr Snidal Uncle says in his RE Bullet Service Manual that the standard exhaust which comes with the Bull is very restrictive. And that a slightly less restrictive exhaust will make the bike perform better. Well guys, I don't wanna attach a free flow goldie and make enemies in my neighborhood or get chased by dogs. What is the next best option that I have ie less restrictive exhaust????
I have heard that there are 3 types of goldstar silencers available:
1. With perforated sheet inside
2. With glass wool filling
3. Free flow

According to your statement a free flow exhaust will make the bike perform better. But i have heard that a free flow exhaust has the most backpressure and reduces the average km/l a lot. can u help me with this? Even i am thinking of getting a goldie just don't know which one.
Old 16th December 2010, 13:58   #126
BHPian

I am thinking of installing a K&N filter too on my 1978 CI 350. A friend of mine uses R-1100 on his bull. Is that the right model??? Or is there something better? And is there some model which fits into the original airfilter?
Old 17th December 2010, 23:30   #127
BHPian

Stumbled upon another silencer -- Indore Silencer. It is not too loud like goldstar. Any idea about where to get it in Pune or Mumbai??? Lots of questions and no answer yet. Bullet gurus help me out!!!
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:27   #128
BHPian

Hi everyone. Me and couple of my friends are searching for "Chhoti Dholki" silencer for RE Classic 350. Has anyone got any idea from where can we get it ? I am sharing one video for the reference.

Old 8th April 2012, 21:16   #129
BHPian

you can contact adventureontherocks.com,ritesh : he has the short bottle exhausts in stock.
Old 16th October 2012, 20:02   #130
BHPian

I have been considering changing the stock exhaust on my '09 Thunderbird. In this thread, I came upon a suggestion to just remove a little glass wool from the stock exhaust to get the thump. I would like to give it a try before I go exhaust shopping. Is it possible to do it myself? If yes, how do I open the stock exhaust? Thanks in advance.
Old 16th October 2012, 20:39   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynitin View Post
I have been considering changing the stock exhaust on my '09 Thunderbird. In this thread, I came upon a suggestion to just remove a little glass wool from the stock exhaust to get the thump. I would like to give it a try before I go exhaust shopping. Is it possible to do it myself? If yes, how do I open the stock exhaust? Thanks in advance.
You have to cut open the silencer to remove the glass-wool and weld it back together, any bullet mechanic can get this job done, after having tried a few options, I personally prefer the stock sliencer, my bike performs better with the stock.
Old 16th October 2012, 23:03   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynitin View Post
My suggestion would be to go for an aftermarker short bottle muffler which would look like the exhaust in the video posted above. Cutting and welding the Tbird muffler would make it loose it looks and alignment and would hardly make a different in thump.
Been there, done that, hence my suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
You have to cut open the silencer to remove the glass-wool and weld it back together, any bullet mechanic can get this job done, after having tried a few options, I personally prefer the stock sliencer, my bike performs better with the stock.
Are you sure the Tbird exhaust system has glasswool? AFAIK it was only the 2004 5sp Electra that had a glasswool muffler which could be removed with Alen key.
The Tbird and Classic would probably have chambers with multiple filtered pipes to cancel sound waves,.
Old 17th October 2012, 10:39   #133
BHPian

The following is just theoretical stuff and some ideas I had imagined would work.

Glass wool is a sound absorbing material. In general, it is easy to block high frequencies when compared to low frequencies.

So for a given quantity of glass wool, you are blocking more treble and less bass (applies to any sound absorber)

If you now remove some of the glass wool, you will allow more treble and more bass. But the increase in treble will be much more noticeable compared to the increase in bass and it will make the exhaust more shrill and loud. (more treble = more perceived loudness)

So if the requirement is to increase the bass frequencies only, we should

1. suppress the trebles even more by adding more glass wool
2. increase the loudness of the exhaust by making it straight through and more free flowing. (not sure about this)

This is based on some knowledge I acquired while researching for my recording studio project. It may or may not apply.
datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 14:53   #134
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Any one from Hyd who can suggest me good place to purchase silencer for my UCE 350?

I prefer good thump ( not deafeningly loud noises) with good bass . I have already tried a short bottle silencer from RE which is not upto the mark.

I have also heard of Indore ( Chotti Dholki) and Short bottles from Sans Inc ( glasswool as well).

I wouldnt want the engine to be affected in anyway.

Thanks
Sunny
Old 18th October 2012, 18:31   #135
BHPian

Hi Pheonix,

I am not expert in silencers, but to the best of my knowledge Indore and Short bottle silencers are one and the same thing.

Coming to your requirement of better thump - I think other than just the change in silencer, the bullet needs to be rightly tuned as well.

A personal experience: My Bullet 350 UCE did not use to sound nice even though it was on Indore silencer. At the time of the servicing, the mechanic there showed me that the setting of the TPS (Throttle Positioning Switch) was incorrect. He adjusted that correctly and since then I feel that I am able to ride the bullet at generally lower RPMs.
The same mechanic also told me that even though the tappets in UCE bullets are not adjustable, there is some adjustment in 'timing' that can be done to improve the performance and the thump. He also talked about some 'shimmer valve' (I am not sure of the spelling as well) related work. As per him, the thump can be improved by doing 'work of shimmer'.
Can some experts / senior bulletiers please throw some light on this?

Cheers and happy thumping!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks