Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:49   #346
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Hey buddy! That picture you've taken there looks absolutely eerie. If you remove your Duke from that snap, it's almost got a horror movie kind of feel to it.
Anyway, plans for my next ride are already on its way. Since the monsoons have just started down south, I think a ride to Horsley hills will be doable with the weather not being too hot. I've been there a long time ago and the place is good for a one dayer. This is the route I plan to take (all HD friendly roads this time...yeah!). Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madnapalle - Horsley Hills. On my return journey, I'll be taking a left at Hoskote and come back via Malur - Bagalur - Hosur.
This plan is for the 14th though since I will not be riding this weekend.
Which exactly was the intention of the picture.

Those are far away from being HD friendly roads. With speed breakers that appear out of nowhere like Bangalore RX100s, you better keep your guard up all the time. Start early, around 5. The road from Hoskote to Chintamani bypass is best experienced in darkness. Do this. You'll thank me later.

Horseley is quiet. It's serene. It's beautiful. Take a nap out in the sun (like I did) and you'll actually feel awesome, because the breeze is rampant and cool.

Have a blast, chief!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 16:29   #347
BHPian

Did a quarter grand kilometers solo ride on Saturday morning !

Details are in the thread !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3724961

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag14571.jpg
Old 9th June 2015, 12:50   #348
BHPian

Come on, guys! Where are the photos and updates?
Old 9th June 2015, 18:25   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Come on, guys! Where are the photos and updates?
Just lazy to get them updated man!
Anyway, it looks like the rides have dropped down drastically and what with the rains hitting Bangalore, none of us want to get our bikes dirty.
Old 9th June 2015, 18:47   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, it looks like the rides have dropped down drastically and what with the rains hitting Bangalore, none of us want to get our bikes dirty.
Except, your truly ! Mine is all mucky after last evenings rain again
Can't keep up with the rains to keep her shining !
Old 10th June 2015, 02:20   #351
BHPian

Planning on a Saturday morning ride to Kaiwara. Onward route is via the Old Madras Road and Hoskote and on my return journey I'll be coming back via Hoskote - Malur - Bagalur - Hosur - Bangalore. Plan's to leave by 5 AM and return by 9:30 AM.
Let me know if anyone wants to join in this ride.
Old 12th June 2015, 19:28   #352
BHPian

This Saturday's ride has now been moved to Sunday. The destination is still Kaiwara. Rendouzvous point is the ITI Gate on Old Madras Road (after KR Puram Hanging Bridge) at 6 AM. Confirmed participants: Chida, Sojogator, goandude, ramses and me.
If anyone wants to join in, please PM either of us.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:31   #353
BHPian

Yesterday’s ride to Kaiwara was a pretty quick one. Since it was a time bound ride and I had to be home by 10 AM we decided to do a very short ride.

My Co-riders:
Chidda – Yamaha R-15
goandude – Ninja 650
Sojogator – Z800
neil.jericho – CGT
Ramesh – Yamaha R – 15

Kaiwara is a nondescript place that’s around 78 kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore – Kolar road. The roads are good but with innumerable speed breakers all the way. We didn’t find anything to see there at all and just on our way back we got to know from a passing auto driver that if we travelled another 10 kms on the main road we could ride all the way up to a nearby hill where there was some temple of sorts, but we didn't venture to do so as we had to return by 10 AM.

Sojogator in all earnesty wanted to make the ride more interesting and decided to lead the gang on an offroading expedition. The place chosen was an old lake bed though and due to the rains the ground was all sticky and slippery. It looked pretty doable from afar, but once the gang rode in, they had an absolutely hard time coming out, what with the tyres not finding anything to grip onto and skidding all over the place. The end result of the offroading attempt was an inch of caked mud on their tyres and chain. The dukes and their riders manofsteel and barcalad would have loved riding here for sure.

We departed from there after a quick breakfast at around 8:30 AM and reached our respective homes by 9:15 – 9:30 AM.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0001.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0002.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0006.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0007.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0008.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0009.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0010.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0011.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0012.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0013.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0014.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0016.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0017.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0018.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0019.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0014.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0016.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0017.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0018.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150614wa0019.jpg

All photos courtesy Chida, Sojogator and goandude.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 13:52   #354
BHPian

Quote:
The dukes and their riders manofsteel and barcalad would have loved riding here for sure.
Without a doubt. Me and man_of_steel are mud and slosh happy individuals, but certainly not at the cost of making our tyres look like doughnuts.

Leslie's N650 shot looks amazing. I suspect it's Chida's work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On my end, I might uncover my prized possession around October or so, and Urban_Nomad looks all set to be my new riding partner. The show must always go on, I reckon.

P.S - Sojo, taking the Copa America a tad too seriously?
barcalad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 15:19   #355
BHPian

Well, a short uneventful Sunday morning ride turned out to be the most adventurous one till date. The moment of the ride, for me, was when all of us were struggling in the lake and Snehal was smoking while watching us over from the road, with an expression that said 'Told You !'

Quote:

P.S - Sojo, taking the Copa America a tad too seriously?
Well, yes !
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 17:29   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Without a doubt. Me and man_of_steel are mud and slosh happy individuals, but certainly not at the cost of making our tyres look like doughnuts.

Leslie's N650 shot looks amazing. I suspect it's Chida's work. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, you are right; first 5 pics are mix of Sojo and goandude, remaining by me, hence the signature
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:57   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Yesterday's ride to Kaiwara was probably the shortest Sunday morning ride yet but it certainly wasnt lacking in thrills at all. The ride to Kaiwara was nice enough except for the annoying frequency with which speedbreakers kept popping up (I counted between 35 to 40 on the return). Given my recent history, there certainly is no love lost when it comes to me and speed breakers!

Kaiwara was a lot like Anchetty since there wasnt really anything to do once you reach there. As Snehal mentioned, the lake bed was deceptive because once we got to the middle we realized that the sand was soft and it would be better to get out before it became a problem. Thinking our somewhat hard-ish before it became soggy entry route was not worth the risk, Ramesh and I took the longer route out and the moment I saw Ramesh wrestling with his bike and the sand on his CBR250, I knew I was in for an adventure with my heavyweight Continental GT.

What followed was a mixture of both solid fun (when your bike starts behaving like a sidewinder while threatening to slowly sink, you sure will have a big smile) and mild trepidation (if a bike got stuck or toppled over, we sure werent going to be able to get it out easily without getting stuck ourselves!). I used the opportunity to get Chida's camera and click some pictures of him and the other bikes while he slowly and carefully made his way out.

Oh man, our bikes were caked in gooey mud as the pictures will attest to. We rode through the potholes filled with rain water to help get the tyres back to normal and pulled out what mud we could before heading for breakfast. Overall, the ride to and from Kaiwara was largely uneventful, except for two incident of dogs running towards our bikes, which caused some strong braking.

Here's a picture of the bikes lined up while we enjoyed our breakfast and morning beverages (was it a cofftea or teaffee, Snehal ?).

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2015614082254-medium.jpg

While many of you will think we had a whole lot of fun, I think the person who enjoyed the most was Senhal who didnt venture out into the lake bed and enjoyed the action from his ring side seat while proving that discretion is the better part of valor.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 00:26   #358
BHPian

Absolutely man! I had the best view of this entire off roading escapades. Smoking a cigeratte in my ring side seat, while you gladiators were battling it out with nature. Not that I had a choice, did I? I know how capable or incapable I am in situations like these and with my limited riding skills, I wouldn't last a minute in that quagmire. If I had ever gotten into that mess, you guys would be reminded of that nursery rhyme "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall" and all you people wouldn't be able to put me together again.

Last edited by Snehal Sekhar : 16th June 2015 at 00:28. Reason: sentence correction
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 14:24   #359
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow ride to DD hills. 6 am meet up at Tumkur Rd - NICE junction. Breakfast at Kamat and back.
Old 19th June 2015, 20:26   #360
BHPian

It's amazing to see that this group is incredibly active. I'm just a lurker here, but I'll be flying to Bangalore next week, so once I pick up a CBR or a Duke 390 ( mostly the former ), I'm looking forward to joining you guys for the next trips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks