Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 18:12   #496
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Can one you share the name of the food place where you stopped ?

From the location you've described, it seems to be quite close to Vasu Hotel which is quite popular in Kanakapura.
Yes, it is. A few meters away from Vasu. Ideal situation would be the Idli/Vada at this place followed by the masala dosa at the Vasu hotel.

Hotel Shri Srinivas Sagar
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 23:08   #497
BHPian

There's a ride planned this Saturday. A one day ride to Kemmangundi and back. The onward route is via Nelmangala-Chenrayanpatna-Birur-Kemangundi. The return is via Chikmagalur-Hassan-Nelmangala. The total distance would be around 600-650 kms. We plan on leaving by 6 AM and return by late evening.
If anyone's interested please do PM me.
Old 29th November 2015, 09:35   #498
Senior - BHPian

We had planned for a short breakfast ride to McDonalds at Shoolagiri. As luck would have it, the other riders decided not to come, so it was just me. In a way it was good, no pressure to keep up; ride at your own pace. Wasn't in a rush, kept a constant 100km/h. It was foggy while going - felt like a chilled beverage There was sporadic traffic past Electronic City.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448768957.561208.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448768975.578751.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769017.581666.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769216.033511.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769233.368972.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769262.386148.jpg

While I was having breakfast, a fella on a Ninja 250 stopped by. He came over and introduced himself - Shyam. He was all smiles when he parked near my bike; said it was nice to see another Ninja out on a ride. He was riding to Chennai.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769339.059161.jpg

There were couple of guys in a car who had stopped too. One of them came over to me and asked how old I was. When I told him my age, he said he just wanted to know because he too wished to ride when he was old. Told him that age doesn't matter; it's the die hard spirit inside oneself that matters!

That felt weird, in a weird way

Finished my breakfast, downed the coffee and headed back. Was home by 8:45am.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448769892.659832.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 11:11   #499
BHPian

Ride to kemmannugundi was truly epic! my longest ride in a day - 600 kms.
Me, Snehal & Nedu started from nelamangala at 6.15 am and made good progress till channarayapattana after which our speeds were slowed by single lane roads but was scenic. Had breakfast at Preeti Canteen, Birur (Yummy dosas), The stretch after birur till kemmannugundi was in bad shape in some places. The road leading to the peak of kemmannugundi was in horrible state and we had to drop plans of riding to the peak. (Thanks to the guy who warned us of horrible road ahead )
We headed back to Bangalore via chikmagalur - Hassan, Back home by around 8pm.
Thanks Snehal Sekhar & Nedu for wonderful company
Some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7342.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7344.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7346.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7353.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7365.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7367.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7370.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7375.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7376.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7378.jpg  

Mashblue is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 20:48   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Ride to kemmannugundi was truly epic! my longest ride in a day - 600 kms.
I had a good ride yesterday and a nice bunch of riders for company. Thanks Doc for joining us and this being your first long ride, you did a commendable job.
We all met up at Nelmangala junction at 6:15 am and took the Chenrayanpatna - Birur route to Kemmangundi. From Kemmangundi we rode back via the Chikamagalur - Hassan route. A total of 645 kms for me (from E-city). On the way back, on the Tumkur Road flyover, there was a huge traffic jam and I managed to get stuck in that for close to half an hour. That was the only sore point in another wise beautiful day. Good company, good roads and good food.
A few snaps that I took.
[ATTACH]Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00329.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00338.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00342.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00343.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00344.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00345.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00351.jpg[/ATTACH]
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00324.jpg
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 09:15   #501
Senior - BHPian

"Fun, food and adventure"
Nina C George Dec 1, 2015, DHNS:

(From left) Dhruv Shetty, Ashvin Shetty, Ashwin Balaji, Mats Kuruvilla and Indivar Reddy.

The passion and commitment of the members of ‘Motorcyclics Anonymous’, an informal group of bikers from the city, to their machines is unquestionable. They say that their attachment to their bikes is what binds them together as a group. Every member’s attachment to the group is irrespective of how long he or she has been with the group.

The members venture out on short weekend trips and long rides once a year. They meet regularly on Sundays to update themselves with the latest information about bikes. Darren Pinto, an employee of Quintiles and one of the earliest members of the group, says, “ We realised that we all shared a common passion during our social meets. Technical discussions and helping each other in times of need has only strengthened our bond. We are a group that loves fun, food and adventure. It's like one big happy family.”

The group's membership is as varied as its fleet. The members are in the age group of 25 to 70 and the bikes range from 100cc to 1200cc. “An interesting (continued)

The group can be contacted on motorcyclics@googlegroups.com

to enjoy the full article below
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...adventure.html
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-indi.jpg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 1st December 2015 at 09:16.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 13:49   #502
Senior - BHPian

With most people busy with year end festivities, a few of us are taking out a few hours for a quick catch up at Kolar Adigas. This short ride is just to catch up and chat so if anyone is interested pls ping me, sojogator or goandude. Meeting point iti gate at 0630 hours on Sunday 27 dec. Plan to be back home by 0930 hrs.
The ride might be short, but rules stay same. Gear and sense of humour compulsory.

Last edited by sammyboy : 26th December 2015 at 13:56.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 18:36   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
With most people busy with year end festivities, a few of us are taking out a few hours for a quick catch up at Kolar Adigas. This short ride is just to catch up and chat so if anyone is interested pls ping me, sojogator or goandude. Meeting point iti gate at 0630 hours on Sunday 27 dec. Plan to be back home by 0930 hrs.
The ride might be short, but rules stay same. Gear and sense of humour compulsory.

Ride safe fellas; won't be able to join you for this one :(

There will lot of riders heading to that spot; some might be trying speed runs, so watch your six.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 12:05   #504
Senior - BHPian

Did a breakfast run to Adigas Kolar yesterday. Sojogator fetched up a bit later and with Mashblue and Sammyboy the 4 of rode on. To say that Adigas was full is an understatement. We had to park our bikes on the side of the building. A brand new Diavel caught our eye and we had a few words with the owner (who incidentally had upgraded from a N 650). Iron hawk was right in that there were a couple of speedsters passing us furiously. Weather, was spectacular for riding, misty, cool and refreshing. Traffic was light on the way there but had picked up a bit on the way back, the dreaded tin factory was also free.

Mashblue had his DSLR, lets see his pics as our official photographer Chida, is moving out of the country.
goandude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:23   #505
BHPian

Sunday's ride was a really short one, the long straight stretches of road had a lot of biking action but Sojogator was missing the curves (he counted a total of 2). As we parked our rides at Adigas, goandude left the keys in the bike and we went inside, chatted, had a sumptuous breakfast and only on returning back to parking did he realize that the keys were left in the N650 . Thanks to them Busas hogging all the attention no one noticed the ninja
P.S: No photos this time, the only 2 i took did not come out well, sorry guys but always a next time.

Last edited by Mashblue : 28th December 2015 at 22:25.
Mashblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 10:24   #506
BHPian

Anybody planning to ride on the 1st weekend of the new year? Just ran in my R15 and am game to join.
Old 31st December 2015, 11:13   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Mashblue had his DSLR, lets see his pics as our official photographer Chida, is moving out of the country.
Thanks Goandude, we have far better photographers in our group, hope they join the rides often.

Please do keep this thread updated with details and pictures from future rides, looks like I am going to miss out on all the short rides and overnighters from now on
Old 1st January 2016, 19:25   #508
BHPian

Adding to last week's little ride to Adiga's . A few clicks ! That road is fun, but for the Rossi's on the road.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151227_084220.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151227_084225.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151227_085130.jpg
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 21:05   #509
BHPian

Planning to do Bangalore - Kanakpura - Anchetty - Hosur and back tomorrow. Pls PM me if anybody is game. Planning to leave at dawn and ok to rejig timings as long as its not too late as plan to be back by noon.
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:22   #510
BHPian

Did the famed loop Kanakpura - Hunusunahalli - Anchetty - Hosur loop on Saturday and did about 30+ kms more than the bargained distance due to my inexperience in navigating while riding a bike. The internal route off Kanakpura rode is a hidden gem and hope it stays that way.

Look forward to some company next week

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-wp_20160102_08_20_59_pro.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-wp_20160102_09_01_28_pro.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-wp_20160102_09_24_58_pro.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-wp_20160102_11_33_35_pro.jpg
hothatchaway is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks