Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 14:18   #151
BHPian

Re: Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video add

Congrats Dusom for thinking of something like this. Royal Enfield did foray into Diesel once, but not to much use. The product failed, though you still see a few rattling across the road. They definitley did not venture into Turbo though.
Really looking forward to your brain child and how it finally culminates on two wheels.
Keep it going captain
Karlitoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 02:48   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitoz

Congrats Dusom for thinking of something like this. Royal Enfield did foray into Diesel once, but not to much use. The product failed, though you still see a few rattling across the road. They definitley did not venture into Turbo though.
Really looking forward to your brain child and how it finally culminates on two wheels.
Keep it going captain
I think RE failed with there diesel bike because that time diesel technology was not good enough to compete with petrol.also diesel wasn't that lucrative.
Now quite a few companies are planing it, including indians.

My project news is that rear wheel hub is now replaced with all aluminium, saving some weight. Also bought a 240 metzeller. Rite now I am out of town attending my new job 'will replace rear wheel to proper motorcycle one. Eagle f1 has been totally burned , thanks too a full 2 minutes burnout as my friends wanted to see some smoke!
Old 14th June 2012, 12:03   #153

Re: Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video add

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Any one willing to invest in TDi Motorcycles production model? Got a quote from hyundai for U2 1.6l , shipped in ready to start start for 4400$.also available 1.4l 90 ps from them.transmission also from hyundai. MJD 1.3 can also be a contender.Procuring in larger number will significantly reduce the cost for engines and transmission.
I am sure once the bike goes under a CNC it will be lighter and with better build quality. Front End to be Imported from UK (Rocket 3).
Make 3 bikes, get them Homologated (India or UK) , and limited production run of 50-100 bikes can be started (no assembly line required,CVO style), Each unit with 1.6l u2 hyundai to cost around 4.5 -5 l bucks.
Is this thing even Doable? Graduating from Home made bike to Production cruiser?
suggestions please!

Can we talk about it bro? I have a similar project in hand .
PM me if interested.
Old 10th December 2012, 20:08   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anooprocks View Post

Can we talk about it bro? I have a similar project in hand .
PM me if interested.
You can find me at tomar.dushyant@mahindra.com, ghostriders09@gmail.com.
ANyone knows about engine weight of honda i-dtec? Everyonesays its thelighest motor in its class, whts the exact weight?
Old 15th March 2013, 14:09   #155
AVR
BHPian

Buddy,

Just ran into this thread and read it in one session! Never knew something like this existed nor did I think anyone could come up with something like this in his garage!

Hats off to such an endeavor. It takes a lot to come up with something like this and make it work. What is your plan with this bike now?

Hope you still have the speed records on your radar for some day!

Cheers,
Adi
Old 15th March 2013, 16:43   #156
BANNED

Money which was being saved, suddenly blown on a harley..
I am silently working on small improvements, specially on brakes and weight reduction..
In hope that suddenly one day I would find pile of money and would go to salt.
Bike is still running fine, did not have any breakdown whatsoever since it was first driven, I still take it out on weekend nights.
dustom_99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 15:12   #157
BHPian

Awesome, brilliant, bloody amazing!! Words fail me.
A drool worthy project, if there ever was.

Achieving what you set out for would only by the cherry. The cake is the journey there, wouldn't you say so?

I don't think I've been more inspired than this before, to work hard towards my own dreams.

I wish you all the very best with this. I am glued.

Cheers!
Sam

P.S. Found the link to this thread on your HD ownership thread.
I urge you to get this thread better promoted somehow. Sponsors should come running.
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 16:18   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Awesome, brilliant, bloody amazing!! Words fail me.
A drool worthy project, if there ever was.

Achieving what you set out for would only by the cherry. The cake is the journey there, wouldn't you say so?

I don't think I've been more inspired than this before, to work hard towards my own dreams.

I wish you all the very best with this. I am glued.

Cheers!
Sam

P.S. Found the link to this thread on your HD ownership thread.
I urge you to get this thread better promoted somehow. Sponsors should come running.

For promotion you guys can Rate the thread, what else can be done I am not Aware.
Old 19th March 2013, 22:55   #159
BANNED

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks