Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

All the best.
Hoping to see the bike soon.
Old 5th July 2010, 22:24   #17
BANNED

In pics posted above,engine is already mated to gearbox,same verna gearbox will be retained(- the differential).
as for settling for diesel engine,primary reason for settling for it is that very few diesel hi performance motorcycles are available around the globe,just two listed companies HDT USA and neander makes them,but due to recent advancements in diesel tech,its fast catching up with gas guzzlers touring motorcycles.
Diesel offers its power very low down the band,and one can safely bet twice the torque figure than a comparable petrol engine.very high torque translate into tyre burning acceleration in all gears and effortless Trans-continental cruising.
verna engine will offer almost 3 times the torque of a baleno engine,with marginal increase of about 60-70kg additional weight.100bhp turbo diesel in Neander almost decimates Rocket 3 in acceleration figures of 0-100,and 50-160kmph times.although rocket 3 has twice the BHP rating.Thats the range where the motorcycle will be used for most of its life.who hits 320kmph speeds on public roads,so higher torque scores in practical use for me .

it would take me about 20 weeks to mechanically complete the motorcycle.
Old 5th July 2010, 22:38   #18
BANNED

my other motorcycles can be seen in my other thread.1000cc bike is completed,i m serving notice period in company,once i get time,i need to mount a new fuel tank and paint that bike,its all set to be my ride for time to come till i complete this diesel rocket.I am searching for befitting name for this rocket ride.any suggestions are welcome!
Old 6th July 2010, 00:31   #19
BHPian

Slight diagreement here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Diesel offers its power very low down the band,and one can safely bet twice the torque figure than a comparable petrol engine.very high torque translate into tyre burning acceleration in all gears and effortless Trans-continental cruising.
I disagree about this one statement. A comparable engine to the CRDI engine is a direct fuel injected petrol engine which would be equally as costly. The torque out put would be flatter and over a very wide rpm range and probably more than its diesel counter part over wider rpm range. Fuel efficiency is the only parameter in which the diesel beats the petrol counterpart.

We in India compare the state of the art diesel tech to yesteryear petrol technology and expect the petrol unit to perform equally good. If you want a better and fair comparison click on the link below and check out A4 2.0TDI and A4 2.0TFSI.
Audi India > Models > A4 > A4
Old 6th July 2010, 01:08   #20
BANNED

i agree with you drpull. torque produced by a comparable petrol engine will be flatter and over wider rpm range,but it still will be about half or even one third of a diesel mill and will hit top torque band at about twice the revs ,will be almost twice fuel hungry and will be producing about twice the green house gasses and other polutants,

and

no way both are going to cost the same,comparing what some manufacturer is offering in the market in two of same model cars does not apply to broad spectrum,may be the manufacturer is taking customers for a ride asking higher price for diesel mill to compensate for higher turbo petrol price. turbos for petrol cost a bomb as they have to deal with much higher exaust temps,that is why turbo diesel engines start with budget car price all over the world , where as turbo petrols are only available in much higher segment.
i guess this debate is on in some other thread,so you can post your thoughts in there.where sub 10lck bracket goes,no one offers turbo petrols,no where in the world
Old 6th July 2010, 01:42   #21
BHPian

@dustom_99: Congratulations for your project, keep posting the progress. Dont you think that the vibration from the diesel engine can affect the speed you want to acheive? Are you going to change the gear ratio as well?
Old 6th July 2010, 02:59   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like this is going to be a very long and interesting thread, which I will be definitely hooked to. In the meantime, dustom_99 could you please post some pics of your already completed projects, so that we can drool over??.. Well, that would give us fair amount of 'anticipation' too.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:04   #23
BANNED

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ggestions.html

this is the other thread.

this motor is quite refined,low frequency vibrations are felt with amplitude 4mm or less at 850 ,over 1000rpm vibrations virtually fades away and amplitude is lower than 1mm.anyway vibrations do affect top speed,they only make the journey uncomfortable,i hope you guyz are not confusing this motor with vibrations in a tractor or autorikshaw just because both are diesel.

I would try to make it look something like a bosshoss looks.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 6th July 2010 at 15:20. Reason: addition
Old 10th July 2010, 07:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
my other motorcycles can be seen in my other thread.1000cc bike is completed,i m serving notice period in company,once i get time,i need to mount a new fuel tank and paint that bike,its all set to be my ride for time to come till i complete this diesel rocket.I am searching for befitting name for this rocket ride.any suggestions are welcome!
when i first saw the verna engine picture in the beginning of the thread and the word SALT FLATS quiet a few questions raised in my head but looking at your other ventures you know a lot about what you are doing and i'm too dumb to ask any question.

ALL THE VERY BEST for you.

Just that i would like to know about the classes streamlined and non streamlined can you throw some light on it, may be a link where i can read about it.

For your 1000cc bike its DUSTY 1000 please excuse me if the name is as dumb as my knowledge
Old 10th July 2010, 10:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

@dustom_99: You got me addicted boy. Am eager to see your project through!
Old 10th July 2010, 11:52   #26
BHPian

waiting for your endeavor to succeed
best wishes
keep updating
Old 10th July 2010, 14:03   #27
BANNED

Bonneville LSR Land-Speed Record Motorcycle Racing

this page provides basic classification,visit FIM official page for more in depth info on motorcycle regulations and homologation,visit FIA for everything else.i refer to a rule book,which was sent to me by one of my friends over email
Old 10th July 2010, 14:14   #28
BANNED

work on gearbox has been started,differential will be removed and lay shaft/counter will be redesigned.ordered a few parts online aswell.can anyone tell me where can i find alloy wheel 10"wide-11.5"wide 16to 18" dia will do. i would be puttin on a 280 or 300mm tyre,so i need a pretty wide rim.
Attached Thumbnails
Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00007.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00008.jpg  

Last edited by dustom_99 : 10th July 2010 at 14:16. Reason: correction
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2010, 21:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
work on gearbox has been started,differential will be removed and lay shaft/counter will be redesigned.ordered a few parts online aswell.can anyone tell me where can i find alloy wheel 10"wide-11.5"wide 16to 18" dia will do. i would be puttin on a 280 or 300mm tyre,so i need a pretty wide rim.

Woah! This is the craziest idea I have ever seen on Team BHP! A car engine on a bike.

All the best in your endeavor. I hope to see blow-by-blow accounts of the construction.
Old 11th July 2010, 11:47   #30
BHPian

Its about time we made our mark in the international automobile world. I believe after nano this is the next big thing that is going to scream out loud to the world that " INDIANS ARE BACK WITH A BANG" . Anyways wishing you all the best and hope you become the fastest Indian soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks