Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 13:06   #91
BANNED

Re: Project: Creating the real beast! worlds fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Pics on

Here is the present pic.
Diesel tank still to be put on. Then meter unit,switchgears,bit of body work,and intercooler ducting, 2 fans for intercooler
Attached Thumbnails
Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00941.jpg  

dustom_99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:25   #92
BHPian

Re: Project: Creating the real beast! worlds fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Pics on

I'm very sad to hear the setback you had. I can understand how you feel especially when some idiot puts you down so badly, both financially and impeding the progress. BTW, why don't you seek some funding. There would be a lot of opportunities. Here is one: http://dsir.gov.in/tpdup/tepp/tepp.htm / TePP: Phase I - TePP Project Fund

Last edited by captrajesh : 12th July 2011 at 14:26.
captrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:57   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
I'm very sad to hear the setback you had. I can understand how you feel especially when some idiot puts you down so badly, both financially and impeding the progress. BTW, why don't you seek some funding. There would be a lot of opportunities. Here is one: TPDUP: Technopreneur Promotion Programme (TePP) / TePP: Phase I - TePP Project Fund

When I started the project I thought I had it covered, had been saving money for quite a few years and never bought anything more than that was required for breathing.
Although I have run over my planned budget of 6 and time.
But still I feel project is in right direction. Step towards the goal,no matter how small is always a right step.
And there is element of rush when you finish something without any aid,financial or tech.
Now that I am already very near to completion,i dont feel the need.
At the end of the project,depending upon how good a design this proves on real roads and real world ownership ,i will look for people who could massproduce bikes based on this prototype vehicle. Thereby may be recovering some of my investment.
Infact a few people/houses are intrested already.
It all depends how good a bike this turns out to be in comparision to other big cruisers.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:26   #94
BHPian

Hi

I can understand and wish you all the best. My advise as a well wisher is to keep your options open. The link I have given is for funding by Govt of India and is a grant (It means it is not to be refunded) Think about it.

All the best to you.

Cheers

Rajesh
Old 12th July 2011, 15:37   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Hi

I can understand and wish you all the best. My advise as a well wisher is to keep your options open. The link I have given is for funding by Govt of India and is a grant (It means it is not to be refunded) Think about it.

All the best to you.

Cheers

Rajesh

Sure I will. I will need to!
Just designing and putting some parts and a motor together wont make it a good motorcycle.
I would need to get each an ever rotating member and moving part to be dynamically balanced. And some aerodynamic work, If I plan to compete at the highest level.
That surely is out of budget for me.
Once I make a good and working prototype,i guess it will be much easier to arrange for big money.
Old 8th August 2011, 21:35   #96
BANNED

Video Uploaded, only intended to demonstrate Levels of Vibration on Various parts of th motorcycle.

Day time Road test video coming soon!

Last edited by dustom_99 : 8th August 2011 at 21:39. Reason: spelling correction
Old 9th August 2011, 03:49   #97
BHPian

Kudos to your efforts. Waiting to look at the real time testing video. How much did you manage to touch in your real time test? Was the suspension able to keep up with the stupid roads and the heavy engine?
Old 9th August 2011, 11:35   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Kudos to your efforts. Waiting to look at the real time testing video. How much did you manage to touch in your real time test? Was the suspension able to keep up with the stupid roads and the heavy engine?

Oh the video is crap. it was suppose to be dim lit,wasnt to be so dark.
It plays quite nice on my pc from the original file. On you tube it has gone too damn dark.any way if you turn off the volume
in video,its almost imposible to tell if the engine is running.
Last time I took it to road,i did 150-160 without asking questions.
This thing is going to be fast,there is no doubt in that.
Suspension were good even then.
It was the rear subframe that was a bit wobbly.specially under shaft jack in 1st and 2nd gear. The gearbox sends 3000nm(yes, no zero error) of torque to rear wheel in 1st gear,that is when shaft jack was too bad . This problem has been solved,by a better robust subframe.
Rear suspension is an absolute delight,It would be hard to find better rear suspension on any production cruiser.
Proves a point that mechanical components need not be expensive to do their job.
After experimenting with 6-7 different shocks from cars and various motorcycle and spending hell lot of money,found out how well 1200bucks work.
Front suspension are not great,specially on broken roads,on good roads they do alright(there is very little to be done on a good road).

Next road test is on sunday.
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 19:37   #99
BANNED

Fat Man comes alive!

Better Quality Video Uploaded.
Unbelievable torque even on Idle, turns the wheel 225/40 Goodyear eagle F1 without braking a sweat even on idle.
check for vibration,hard to find any! presently there are a lot of wires hanging here&there , even they show no tendency to follow the motor's vibes.
I believe there would be no cruiser that would show such a torque on 800 odd rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_tim...id=6GhAbICcyOs

Last edited by dustom_99 : 20th August 2011 at 19:58. Reason: addition of link
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 20:39   #100
BANNED

Last edited by dustom_99 : 20th August 2011 at 20:41. Reason: new link
Old 20th August 2011, 22:12   #101
BHPian

oh my god . You are getting a wheelspin on idle. That is some serious torque you got there. Congratulations on your built and hope to see you soon on the flats of Bonneville.
Old 20th August 2011, 23:36   #102
BHPian

Kudos to your efforts once again dude.. That's a highly torquey machine there. Waiting to see the end product.
Old 21st August 2011, 04:40   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic is the only word, Congrats dude
Hell lot of torque is being delivered to the wheels. I could feel the driving pleasure from your videos itself. Very eager to see the final outcome.

This is going to be an head turner for sure. All the very best.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:50   #104
BANNED

re: Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added

Started work on exaust system!
Not using catcon for now (dont have the stock one with me),stock verna muffler with 2'' inch exaust pipe is being used.
Diesel tank has been put on (about 15ltrs).
Switch gear from pulsar (illuminated ones),and ign lock from santro.
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:02   #105
BANNED

re: Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks