Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 16:26   #1
BANNED

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added

Hey Guys! I have started the project for making worlds fastest Most powerful Streetlegal Turbo diesel motorcycle.
I have secured the Vernacrdi motor for it,its a 2009 model, very low miles (18000km),with it i have got the Ecu as well.
When i made the deal I was actually quite concerned,if i will be able to start the engine,as it has a zillion sensors and a million wires,with every bit of the motor working on electronic input and that nasty engine immobiliser thing on my mind, I really was not so sure.

But four sleepless nights studing the motor ,finding out whats what,and how stuff works.The things are working just fine now.I had been hearing Folks from Team-bhp and so called indian Tuners to stay away from crdi and mpfi engines,everyone said they are too complex(just because lot of them gave up even before they tried),I would say if you know what you are doing,and and know little bit about electronics,things should work just fine,specially for elect engineers,i being mech engineer had to go back to basics.

Now I will start making Custom frame,probably 280mm or a 300mm rear tyre,cardan drive and almost every other thing custom made,141Bhp and 280NM torque(with custom chipped from Uk) I am planning on eating Neander turbo diesel for breakfast!Hehe

Well on a more serious note "Destination:salt flats" Year 2011.Target:Land Speed World record .
Here are few initial pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00793.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00794.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00796.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00797.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00798.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00799.jpg  

Project: Creating the world's fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Road test video added-dsc00800.jpg  

dustom_99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2010, 16:34   #2
BHPian

WOW! this is great. How did you source a 2009 verna's engine which has very less miles o nthe odo? I couldn't find a verna with such less miles on the odo. You're one lucky guy dude.
All the best. Hope to see the worlds faster turbo diesel motorbike soon,.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:56   #3
BHPian

World's Fastest Indian !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Well on a more serious note "Destination:salt flats" Year 2011.
Target:Land Speed World record .
That's an amazing goal you have in mind Dusom

My wishes for you to become the real "World's Fastest Indian" (on a turbo-diesel bike)

P.S. - What's the current record at ? And what's your target speed ?
Old 5th July 2010, 17:00   #4
BANNED

current record stands at 116mph for non streamlined forced induction diesel class,however neander is faster than that,but they have not yet attempted for record,there top speed according to company website is 137mph(with streamliners) without streamliners they would also be somewhere around 110mph.
I plan to attempt in 2 classes (non streamlined and semi streamlined class.)

Verna engine comes from a total loss accidental car,i was on a lookout for it for quite some time now,i found several engines,but most of the times the engine had suffered damages in the the accident,this one comes from a car that had rolled over into a valley near uttarkashi,engine bay was largely unaffected,traced the dealer who bought it from insurance company and hit a deal!

Last edited by dustom_99 : 5th July 2010 at 17:05. Reason: addition
Old 5th July 2010, 17:30   #5
BANNED

And yes,that question about target speed.
ANS: Did you see the speedometer consol above in pics?,i am planning to break that needle.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Good to see you building a diesel cruiser like you always wanted to.

Wishing you best of luck for your project and the record attempt!
Old 5th July 2010, 17:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

You are the man... best of luck for your endeavor.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:01   #8
BHPian

All the best for your efforts Dustom_99, but I just have one query, do you have any prior experience in making or designing bikes ? I noticed that you are an automobile engineer.

But i am just curious. Hope you don't mind.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:14   #9
BHPian

Awesome!

Hi,

Its really an awesome idea dude.

What are yo planning to do for the gearbox?
am really very excited to see such a thread.
Guess am going to be hooked on to this for long!

All the very best dude.

Regards,
Ajay
Old 5th July 2010, 18:30   #10
BANNED

This will be my 4th motorcycle that i would make,just completed a motorcycle with zen engine,but i have never done it professionaly,did all the stuff just for fun and hobby,however now i have quit my job,imported some machines for frame fabrication,lot of better equipments and things.
Also my previous projects have taught me a lot of innovative stuff, some of it being new to entire world of motorcycles let alone indian biking community,i have done some new stuff(power hydraulic clutch/ride hight control system (like veron),custom drive shaft with longitudinal travel to compensate for suspension travel and 3 degree of freedom, stearing head with dual tapered roller bearing designs,horizontal rear suspension for lower COG,high strength swingarms, latest being custom wiring for verna crdi engine. now i can use all that previous labour and knowhow in creating a world beater total package.Infact Now any engine that works can be turned into motorcycle including v-8,and unlike the US counterparts at bosshoss,i dont use the automatic boxes,as it kills the feel of command you have over the power of engine with manual gearbox,however using the automatic gearbox makes the whole build quite easy.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:21   #11
BHPian

All the best dude! After the zen bike, now with this I am become a fan of yours!
Old 5th July 2010, 20:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
This will be my 4th motorcycle that i would make,just completed a motorcycle with zen engine,but i have never done it professionaly,did all the stuff just for fun and hobby,however now i have quit my job,imported some machines for frame fabrication,lot of better equipments and things.
Also my previous projects have taught me a lot of innovative stuff, some of it being new to entire world of motorcycles let alone indian biking community,i have done some new stuff(power hydraulic clutch/ride hight control system (like veron),custom drive shaft with longitudinal travel to compensate for suspension travel and 3 degree of freedom, stearing head with dual tapered roller bearing designs,horizontal rear suspension for lower COG,high strength swingarms, latest being custom wiring for verna crdi engine. now i can use all that previous labour and knowhow in creating a world beater total package.Infact Now any engine that works can be turned into motorcycle including v-8,and unlike the US counterparts at bosshoss,i dont use the automatic boxes,as it kills the feel of command you have over the power of engine with manual gearbox,however using the automatic gearbox makes the whole build quite easy.
totally went over my head.
best of luck for the project brother.
you can do it.

edit: what kind of design do you have in mind?
ot: is your 1000cc completed?

Last edited by jeepster : 5th July 2010 at 20:38.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:54   #13
BHPian

Hi dustom! Any pics of your other bikes for us to drool over till the diesel brute starts rolling?
Old 5th July 2010, 21:02   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Dustom, Best of Luck for you project. Mating a gearbox which can handle that kind of torque might prove to be a challenge, Which gearbox are you planning to use?
Old 5th July 2010, 21:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Advance congratulations & all the best. What made you to settle with Verna or even diesel engine motorcycle. Why not a Baleno or Civic or Elantra 's engines; in other words, why not petrol engines?

The weight of the car plays a little role in controlling the vibrations on a diesel car, so what're your plans on this motorcycle? Planning to add weight or let it vibrate? Pls explain, if I sounded incorrect in my statement. Tks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks