Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 16:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Project: Creating the real beast! worlds fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Pics on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Well to be truthfull designs for various subsystems started several years ago, but actual design started when I bought getz crdi, It was only then I had the actual dimentions of the engine and gearbox.
Last oct and nov cad was done and physical design started in dec10. Before that I had given gearbox and rear hub for machining.
Not too much rework till now apart from some missaligned brackets and retaping work, I guess my share of rework awaits me at sheet metal body work stage,as I am not too good at it.
No wonder! All the hard work shows up very well. Good luck for the remaining activities I am sure you will keep us updated.
do try to design a helmet to match with this one
Old 9th February 2011, 16:43   #62
BANNED

Re: Project: Creating the real beast! worlds fastest TurboDiesel Motorcycle! Pics on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
hey dustom, the other day i was telling a friend of mine about your project, that is when he told me about the movie the world's fastest indian, hope to see a book or movie based on you in the future with a similar title. hats off to you bro.
Thanks mate! That was very inspiring.
However I fear
Despite being - worlds most powerful diesel motorcycle,most economical in its class,highest torque 4 cylinder motorcycle,greenest motorcycle in 1500cc and above,and possible fastest diesel bike, my build will go largely unnoticed,
Because we are a country of bling and media marketing and not of engineering and innovation.
I just want to find some funds, just enough to take me to speed week and findout how fast is really fast!
Thanks again
Old 10th February 2011, 17:00   #63
BHPian

WOW!!! no words.
Good luck to you.
Old 10th February 2011, 17:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Good progress and all the best!

Hope you make it to the speed week and test its speed once its complete. Until then, keep us updated on the patent and the progress of the bike build.
Old 18th February 2011, 14:55   #65
BANNED

Power clutch implemented and installed, 6hr contineous trial done,rear suspension done(2 stage,low speed compression damping,high speed rebound damping seperated).
Customised wiring installed.
Radiator done!
Total 12 hrs of cont test done.
Vibrations lower that stock verna.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:01   #66
BHPian

Amazing Dustom. Kudos to your thought, your idea and your hard work you've put in to make this BEAST. Keep the updates coming, glued to this project of yours and would love to see this Beast flaring with fury.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

I just stumbled upon this, and for the b&w pics, it looks like a top secret project in the making. The current setup makes the bike look really mean. Ensure the same design element and base remain, when you finalize the body.

Finally, do remember that you need an RTO approal to get it to see the roads. It can be a very long process. Dont think of racing it or riding it around anywhere without this, or you can land is some serious trouble

Amazing job by the way and all the best.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
my build will go largely unnoticed,
Because we are a country of bling and media marketing and not of engineering and innovation.
I just want to find some funds
Thanks again
Thats one beautiful looking bike. hope to see the real pics once all patenting is completed.

Funds should not be a problem at all, that is "ONLY" if you plan to go into mass production, or

PM Me for more details.
cheers and best of luck.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:22   #69
BANNED

Yov dont need any RTO s§it to attempt at land speed records! All land speed record motorcycles are homologated by FIM. Which is far cheaper and user friendly than RTO AND ARAI!
Fim is the authority ,and quite rightly so!
I would love to get this sort of motorcycle to be mass produced
For it can unroot any existing comptetion with economy and enviorment in head.
Old 18th February 2011, 22:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

As expected. You don't grow older, you just grow better.

Thumbs up again man! Cheers

PS: You wouldn't let me see it if I were to hop over to Haridwar sometime?
Old 20th February 2011, 23:07   #71
BANNED

Sure why not,you might even get yourself a little ride, if you get lucky. But may be sometime in feb. By then I would have covered up things I do not wish to reveal.
Any way Diesel demon did its first ever burnout,while I was testing the clutch.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:49   #72
BANNED

Took some readings regarding fuel consumption. Expected fuel consumption will be 24kmpl while cruzing at speed of 100kph in 5th gear. That would probably make it most fuel efficient mega cruiser aswell. Running cost being similar to 350cc motorcycles,with service intervals of 15000km.
This is n estimated for real world hiway riding. In test it actually gave 25.4kmpl.
Starting my work on fuel tank.it will be about 16ltr.
First week of march,this bike will see tarmac for first time in her life. I will test out the suspension, handling and brakes then.
Brakes are going to be CBS With variable front and rear ratios. I will fine tune the ratios after the initial test run.
Old 5th March 2011, 11:59   #73
BHPian

Great work. I wish you could kindly consider posting color pics of better resolution. BTW, IMO ground clearance is very very low. If it remains the way it is, I'm sure it would get stuck over a speed breaker if not a pothole.
Old 5th March 2011, 14:26   #74
BANNED

GroundCl looks to be too little in pics. I guess it looks so due to long wheel base.
In numbers it is 192mm,which can be increased or decreased by another 12 mm by front and rear preload setup.
190mm is good enough for usual speedbreakers.
Infact regular bikes like pulsar and bullet have lower GC.
Project is running way too late,just not finding enough time.
Capt are you x-nda? Which course?
Old 6th March 2011, 09:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Dustom ji,

Congrats and wishes on your project. I pray the lord Almighty to bless upon you and your project so that we soon see a Indian in the world record list.

Btw one question from my side, what happened to your front double disked fork search? Did you manage to find any?

Any plans of adding brake chutes(like the one in aircrafts)?

Will your brakes be ABS equipped to avoid locking up while braking at high speeds?

Also one question is that normally the brakes would have been tested for normal road going/racing speeds, how do you think they would perform under record breaking-braking speeds?

How do you intend to brake? Just a normal depress of lever and brakes continuously rub on the disks or aircraft type touch and go at short bursts(kind of ABS style)?

Are you by chance going to test/attempt the feat in Salt lake in US? What does the FIM regulations say for the test bed? Can it be tested in any part of the world?

I know too many questions to answer but its just my curiosity as an aero engineer and I have been closely following your thread right from day 1 of your post. Heart filled with pride to see a Indian attempt one such feat. Hope you don't mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks