Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 12:14   #226
Senior - BHPian

Busa: Nice review :-) All the Pulsars except for the 150 were always 4 down 1 up. may be they have done this with 150 as well now. There is no change in power figures of ZMA

@Crazy Driver: There is quite some difference in the way a P180 churns 16.5 & a ZMA churns 16.8, I know becuase I have owned both
Old 29th June 2007, 12:29   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Busa: Nice review :-) All the Pulsars except for the 150 were always 4 down 1 up. may be they have done this with 150 as well now. There is no change in power figures of ZMA

@Crazy Driver: There is quite some difference in the way a P180 churns 16.5 & a ZMA churns 16.8, I know becuase I have owned both

4 down 1 up gearshift ???
excuze me.... but arent the gears in the pattern 1 down 4 up??
Old 29th June 2007, 15:15   #228
Senior - BHPian

Exactly jayD thats what i was wondering how i wrote the other way round, correction 1 down 4 up.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:23   #229
Senior - BHPian

lol you are not alone Busa
oops extremely sorry guys. Its the other way round like you guys said. 1 down 4 up.
Old 29th June 2007, 18:52   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Any idea if pro biking has an exchange scheme , what price can I expect for my Oct 2006 P180 UG3?
They have an exchange scheme, but the bike is not available freely right now. Booking for the next batch would start around 15th July in Delhi and the priority would be given to people who get themselves registered for free at the Probiking showroom in advance.
Old 29th June 2007, 19:17   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar View Post
They have an exchange scheme, but the bike is not available freely right now. Booking for the next batch would start around 15th July in Delhi and the priority would be given to people who get themselves registered for free at the Probiking showroom in advance.
know the details of the exchange scheme?
Old 29th June 2007, 20:12   #232
BHPian

Don't know the details, just that we had a meeting with BAL officials on Tuesday and their marketing manager had informed us that they have buy back schemes for people who want to upgrade their pulsars.
Old 29th June 2007, 21:34   #233
BHPian

Thanks Yogesh. I will visit the probiking showroom this weekend and check it out.

Cheers!!!
Old 1st July 2007, 09:19   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Any idea if pro biking has an exchange scheme , what price can I expect for my Oct 2006 P180 UG3?

hey gr8guzzler.... i would advice u not to think about changing your bike now.. since it is quite new... just wait for sometime..Let a few 220s start hitting the road and see if there are any issues with the bike, since there are a lot of new features in it rite?? also i heard that there wer some problems with rear disc brakes etc on the first batch that were sold... dunno if that is cleared..
Old 4th July 2007, 03:32   #235
Team-BHP Support

Check this out. Wonderful pics and write up!

Bajaj Probiking : The Pulsar 220 DTSFi
Old 15th November 2007, 23:40   #236
BHPian

Guys, would you recommend me trading in my Machismo for the 220?

I'm 6ft 3in and 100 Kgs. :-D
Old 14th August 2008, 01:32   #237
BHPian

The 220 is a heavenly bike guys ! I've had it for six months now. Traded in my 6 year old Pulsar 180 for it. Loved every single moment ! You cant go wrong with this bike. My only grouse ? The stupid stickers, which people steal, all the time !

Oh, and it's missing a 6th gear...
Old 18th August 2008, 16:25   #238
Senior - BHPian

If you are lucky have bought the silver 220 then it looks pretty good minus the stickers too.....but guys like me (Red 220) and other colours just cant do without the stickers. btw, are you replacing the stickers with orignal Bajaj stickers? They cost about 1400/- for the set AFAIK. You can get them from chorr bazaar kindda market for about 500/- for the set!

Well 6th gear is something I miss a lot too :(, as long as one is confined to the city limits I don't really miss the 6th cog...but once I'm on wide open highways (which is a pretty frequent exercise) I really hate 100 @ 7.2K RPM!
Old 4th January 2016, 20:31   #239
BHPian

Re: The Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi thread

Hi Guys I need your help. I am a proud owner of a 2008 Pulsar 220Fi. I have had it since new and have clocked 32,000 kms on it so far. All original kms.

My problem:

A few days ago, I parked my bike in my closed garage, but due to some distractions, I left the keys inside the ignition at the "ON" position. Now I don't use my bike daily so the ignition of the bike was on the "ON" position for 4+ days. When I did notice it, the Battery was totally dead. So I got a brand new Amaron Battery, and tried starting it but its not working. So I took the Brand New Battery and got it recharged at a workshop, but that too did not help.

Though the battery is brand new, it acts like as if the battery is drained. The fuel pump buzzes but very faintly and the battery signal appears on the screen. I also get the "ECU" signal which blinks on the bottom left screen of the speedo.

I dont know what to do. I know if I take it to the Bajaj workshop they will probably tell me to convert my Fi into a carb model. I am willing to do that ONLY as the last resort.

So Guys I just want to know what happens to a Fi bike if the ignition is left in "ON" position for 4+ days? My gut feeling says it is some electrical component failure. But that is just a wild guess. Is my fuel pump assembly fried? Why is it demanding so much battery power to get started?

Also I did try push starting. And It did get started. I drove for about 3 kms. All was fine. But then I turned off the ignition and back on again to restart and again the same issue as mentioned above surfaced. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 5th January 2016, 23:16   #240
BHPian

Re: The Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Though the battery is brand new, it acts like as if the battery is drained. The fuel pump buzzes but very faintly and the battery signal appears on the screen. I also get the "ECU" signal which blinks on the bottom left screen of the speedo.

So Guys I just want to know what happens to a Fi bike if the ignition is left in "ON" position for 4+ days? My gut feeling says it is some electrical component failure. But that is just a wild guess. Is my fuel pump assembly fried? Why is it demanding so much battery power to get started?
Leaving ignition on for 4 days, I don't think that should drain the battery fully, even if it does, once started, I think the alternator can charge it quickly enough in about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Even I get the battery low signal often, if the engine shuts off/stalls. Not a reliable indication of weak battery. I assume you have had the battery voltage checked. It should not drop below 12v at idle, and with engine running at 3000rpm or more, a healthy battery will show 12.7-13.2 volts.

First part to check is the fuel pump. Especially since you mention it's sounding faint compared to usual. Are the headlights and horn working normally with the new charged battery ? Does it crank normally when you push the starter, or it the cranking feeble ?

One thing I suggest - disconnect the battery and check for loose wiring/connectors, leave the battery disconnected overnight, maybe use the opportunity to charge it overnight and try the next day. This is in case of any residual charge in the system causing the ECU to act up.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks