Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 11:35   #1441
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Some person i know got a cash discount of 1 lac on a petrol fiesta 2011 manufactured when he bought the car in last week of jan 2012
Hi Mustang. Do you have any information on the launch of Fiesta AT? And does the add-ons we saw on the Fiesta AT (e.g.; ESP, leather seats etc.) gets carried into the MT Titanium / Titanium+ as well?
Thanks!
Old 8th February 2012, 11:39   #1442
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Hi Mustang. Do you have any information on the launch of Fiesta AT? And does the add-ons we saw on the Fiesta AT (e.g.; ESP, leather seats etc.) gets carried into the MT Titanium / Titanium+ as well?
Thanks!
Fiesta 6 speed dual clutch AT will launch in March. But i dont think the ESP will make its way into MT. Leather seats might.
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 10:29   #1443
BHPian

Colleague was lookout for petrol sedan. Since he didn't have complete confidence of his driving I had to do take test drive. I own classic version, and test drive was 1.5 Titanium +. Drive was short one and that too in busy road in peak hours. My observation,

Driving experience:
  • Since I drive 1.6 daily, I am disappointed. Fiesta lost its soul! Engine is tuned for mileage.
  • Fiesta struggled to pull with 5 on board, constant 2nd gear switch was required.
  • Steering feedback is great but not the one you have in classic. Still way better than Vento.
Interiors
  • Instrument level way too much.
  • Disappointed with the space it offers.
  • Disappointed with seat quality (all around), I have SXI.
  • A/C is effective climate control is good.
  • Back seat comfort is not encouraging. At least thats what colleagues who occupied back seat commented. They felt is cramped. For me its better than classic back seat. Though seat fabric is not so premium.
  • All shine plastic, love it or hate it. There is huge talk on plastic quality, I found its not much of a bother.
  • Driver seat is where one should sit. Nice sung fit. Wish it was leather like classic SXI.
  • Voice control, nothing much just marketing gimmick. Over a period its easier do things by hand than doing it with voice control!
  • Strangely I didn't find optimum seat, steering position where my right hand can rest on door pads. In classic I could rest my hand, a real boom for long drive.
  • Good that seat belts are hight adjustable.
  • NVH: Super, eats all the noise. You can hardly hear engine. Road noise too subsided. Considering we stood in maddening Hosur road signal, all honking, rickshaw sound deafened.
  • ICE: Class act. Similar to one in Classic. Compared Vento and Verna, Fiesta is way ahead of the league. I wouldn't change anything there.
Miscellaneous.
  • Front Dash is high. Front visibility is lesser (even with seat positioned highest) compared to classic.
  • Rear visibility is good, again not as in classic.
  • I am disappointed with boot space. 430 lts same as classic is less for Airport run-ins. Back seat doesn't have 60:40 split. Loading is also higher!
  • ORVM: Great, wish we had same in classic.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:40   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
My observation,

Driving experience:
  • Engine is tuned for mileage.
  • Fiesta struggled to pull with 5 on board, constant 2nd gear switch was required.
  • Steering feedback is great but not the one you have in classic. Still way better than Vento.
Nice comparison @raghu. What about the handling part where Fiesta actually scores above the competition? What mileage did the system display in that short run? I had enquired with the local Ford dealer about the availibility of the front driver seat of the new Fiesta for my Classic but was refused.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:00   #1445
BHPian

^^^^ Well as I mentioned, It was short drive. It was on a busy highway. Testing handling is out of the question. If I make any comparison on handling part it would unfair. Never saw mileage figures. SA stating it will easily surpass 12kmph, I won't buy his statement! I guess you get 10~11kmph max with AC in Bangalore like traffic.

For a stretch of 500m, Fiesta was straining to reach 80kmph speed in 2nd gear. Same with my SXI you will see speed climb in no time, not only that you will be pressed to your seat if accelerate in 2nd gear. This isn't same. Thats why I felt soul of fiesta is lost! Though this is not one does everyday drive, but my feeling is that if in our highways if one needs to overtake long line of trucks it won't be same as you do it in classic. I couldn't find optimum gear where I get instant surge!

Small things:
  • Nothing to do with Car, but with SA. He was advocating seat belt not required for such a small drive! Coming this from Ford SA not expected. Ford please educate your SA. Compared same to VW SA, buckled up as soon as we sat in car!
  • SA thinks Cruise control won't be useful! Particularly in India.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 14:05   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^^ Well as I mentioned, It was short drive. It was on a busy highway. Testing handling is out of the question. If I make any comparison on handling part it would unfair. Never saw mileage figures. SA stating it will easily surpass 12kmph, I won't buy his statement! I guess you get 10~11kmph max with AC in Bangalore like traffic.
Based on the last four fillups with 72% city driving and 28% on the highway, I get an average of ~12.2kmpl. Highways will give 16.5 - 17 kmpl. Solving the equation gives me ~10.5 kmpl within the city. ACC was on all the time.
Old 9th February 2012, 14:12   #1447
BHPian

Yes Cruise Control is useless in India. 75k Discount here and Delivery time on Classic between 10-30 days.
Old 10th February 2012, 09:14   #1448
BHPian

^^^
My experieance in driving highway out of Bangalore that after exit of township its always possible to maintain 80kmph speed in most highways. Which makes cruise control that much useful than bane. If CC helps in extracting a little more economy out of the car its always welcome.

I agree with you that is it worth 75K, may be not! But I won't agree that CC is useless in India. It is boon to most highway drivers.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 17:10   #1449
Senior - BHPian

A bill of the new fiesta which met with a minor front accident. Some parts are still expensive.
Attached Files
File Type: xls q.xls (19.0 KB, 608 views)

Last edited by sidindica : 15th February 2012 at 17:12.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 17:39   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A bill of the new fiesta which met with a minor front accident. Some parts are still expensive.
My goodness. Labor @ 11K & Parts @ 41K for a minor accident, does not seems to be a minor one at least on the pocket front. Hope insurance covered a major portion of that. Any idea how did this accident happen?
Old 15th February 2012, 20:01   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Quite alot for the parts !Labor too seems high,especially the painting but i guess it might be standard for all 10 lakh car right? Whats this bezel thing?? Hope you had zero depreciation insurance!

PS.My 100 post!!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 15th February 2012 at 20:03.
Old 16th February 2012, 12:48   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
sidindica, this does not seem to be a small accident as far as the cost is concerned.
Where exactly is this bezel located, which was replaced. Usually a bezel is just a cover / protective plastic or polymer covering. Were some electronics associated with this bezel?

One promise to myself : I will drive more carefully now.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 16th February 2012 at 12:51.
Old 16th February 2012, 13:30   #1453
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
sidindica, this does not seem to be a small accident as far as the cost is concerned.

One promise to myself : I will drive more carefully now.
+1

Sid, this does not look like a minor frontal accident. Looking at the replacement parts, the entire front (left hand side) seems to have been heavily damaged.

The labour costs mentioned seems to include the cost of paint.

Quote:
Where exactly is this bezel located, which was replaced. Usually a bezel is just a cover / protective plastic or polymer covering. Were some electronics associated with this bezel?
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fog-lamp-bezel.jpg

This small plastic Bezel (over the fog lamps) costs Rs. 9343 (?) where as the 3 barreled sophisticated H/Lamp assembly costs only Rs. 3248? I guess i am missing something here.

Having said that the parts seem to be reasonably priced. Corolla's head light assembly (on side) was quoted at 13 K.

Last edited by MAS : 16th February 2012 at 13:37.
Old 16th February 2012, 17:24   #1454
Senior - BHPian

bonnet was repainted, front bumper worth 15000 odd (including taxes) was replaced, bumper was painted (4400 odd), the bezel is the chrome which surrounds the radiator grill on the lower part of the bumper. that is a seperate part which costs 9300. headlight was replaced and the bumper grill (which houses the number plate costing 2400 odd )was replaced.

The car is a kinetic blue TDCI titanium plus. Its the bumper and bezel thats expensive.

Last edited by sidindica : 16th February 2012 at 17:25.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:08   #1455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
bonnet was repainted, front bumper worth 15000 odd (including taxes) was replaced, bumper was painted (4400 odd), the bezel is the chrome which surrounds the radiator grill on the lower part of the bumper. that is a seperate part which costs 9300. headlight was replaced and the bumper grill (which houses the number plate costing 2400 odd )was replaced.

The car is a kinetic blue TDCI titanium plus. Its the bumper and bezel thats expensive.
Bumper is not that expensive sid.

I dont think the bill is a lot considering the damage and the replacements carried out.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 16th February 2012 at 18:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks