Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 10:02   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, Is there a separate TBHP Offical Review of the Ford Fiesta Classic ? My search only yielded this Review thread of the New Fiesta launched in 2011

Any help is much appreciated.

There IS an old thread, now locked for "all fiesta owners....."
Its for the OFF (I wanted to do that.....), but its more of how and why we love our fiestas, rather than any reviews of all aspects.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 11:37   #1517
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
@MAS; time for us to re-run a census of the NFF owners on the Forum.
The NFF owners on Team BHP stands at 10.

- Sugeeta - Diesel
- nk1969 - Diesel
- Carfreak77 - Diesel
- Aseem - Diesel
- Sriramv.iyer - Diesel
- Myself (MAS) - Diesel

- Shimoo - Petrol
- Hypermiller - Petrol
- Starchild - Petrol
- Ashontherocks - Petrol

Diesel : Petrol Ratio - 60:40

Guys (and Sugeeta), please update on the miles logged and niggles if any.

- Mine has covered almost 13,000 kms till date.
- Steering shaft has been replaced under warranty
- Some tak-tak noise from the rear suspension is heard when driving slowly on bad roads. Need to get this checked in the third service
- Average Mileage is 18.91 kmpl
Old 28th June 2012, 20:55   #1518
BHPian

You need to add me on the Petrol Fiesta owner's list I have a Titanium Powershift.
Old 9th July 2012, 23:34   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Steering shaft has been replaced under warranty
What is it with Steering shafts of Fords? Your post takes me back to 2003 where my brand new Ikon had it's steering shaft replaced within 2 weeks of minimal city usage.
Old 9th July 2012, 23:52   #1520
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen_rider View Post
You need to add me on the Petrol Fiesta owner's list I have a Titanium Powershift.
Wow. Congrats on your mean machine. Please get you're ownership report up and running as soon as possible.

- with kamen_rider, we have become a 11 member NFS Family
Old 13th July 2012, 16:08   #1521
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie on Team BHP. I own a New Fiesta Petrol Titanium in Silver.

I bought the car from Chennai Ford dealership in Chennai in March. The car is fantastic to drive and NVH levels are amazing. But I am facing a serious problem with the HVAC system fogging my windscreen due to a manufacturing fault. This is due to the climate control not shutting off the defogger vent.

After complaining repeatedly the dealership fed back that this is a known issue with the new Fiesta and they offered a 'mat' to cover the A/C vent until ford can come up with a solution to the problem. Has anyone else faced this with their car? It gets very annoying with two misty leaves forming on the windscreen every night

Also, mileage figures quoted on the forum are pretty far away from what I've managed to see. I use the car in the city and am a regular driver with the occasional spirited escapade and the best I get is 8.5 kmpl (11.5l/100km to 12l/100km)

I will start on the assembly line to post a detailed ownership report with Pictures as soon as I can.
Old 13th July 2012, 23:42   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
Hi Guys,

Congratulations!

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Also, mileage figures quoted on the forum are pretty far away from what I've managed to see. I use the car in the city and am a regular driver with the occasional spirited escapade and the best I get is 8.5 kmpl (11.5l/100km to 12l/100km)
Though I do not do spirited driving, I get 10 - 10.5 kmpl within the city. Pure highway rides get me about 16 - 17kmpl.
Old 14th July 2012, 00:25   #1523
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I bought the car from Chennai Ford dealership in Chennai in March. The car is fantastic to drive and NVH levels are amazing. But I am facing a serious problem with the HVAC system fogging my windscreen due to a manufacturing fault. This is due to the climate control not shutting off the defogger vent.

After complaining repeatedly the dealership fed back that this is a known issue with the new Fiesta and they offered a 'mat' to cover the A/C vent until ford can come up with a solution to the problem. Has anyone else faced this with their car? It gets very annoying with two misty leaves forming on the windscreen every night

I will start on the assembly line to post a detailed ownership report with Pictures as soon as I can.
Hi Clement

Congrats on owning the rare species of Ford. Your count makes us a dozen owners on this forum.

Easiest way to avoid fogging the windshield is to allow the automatic HVAC to choose the direction of flow. In other words, do not choose the Forward air throw switch and allow the auto AC to choose the areas it needs to cool.

I always run on auto AC at 24°C and increase to 25°C when it is raining (like this evening). The NVH is amazing. It is so good that I'm unable to hear the water splashing into the wheel arches.

Enjoy your drive. My Fiesta its a diesel and the oil burner its super efficient.
Old 17th July 2012, 00:31   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Easiest way to avoid fogging the windshield is to allow the automatic HVAC to choose the direction of flow. In other words, do not choose the Forward air throw switch and allow the auto AC to choose the areas it needs to cool.
Thanks MAS.

I've tried every possible combination to stop airflow from the defogger vents but no luck. I had this issue since I got the car in March.

I took it up with the ford dealership on my first service thinking it was a minor issue to be sorted out, but they kept the car for 4 days and tried to cover up saying that its a 'standard feature' in the fiesta but I demonstrated this in the test drive vehicle to the senior manager there and at which point accepted that this is a known bug with some fiestas.

He showed me his MDs new fiesta where they had a custom stitched a 'mat' to cover the vents in the dashboard grey color. After much follow up, they sent one to me also as an interim solution until Ford can fix the problem. I'll get some pictures as soon as I get home.
Old 29th July 2012, 17:06   #1525
BHPian

I have a question for the Fiesta owners here: Does the New Fiesta support iPhone/iPod ? What is the difference between the Sync service that the other Ford cars come with in the US ? I was going through the Ecosport page and it says that the Ecosport will be the first vehicle with Ford Sync in india. I though the Fiesta already has all those features? What am I missing?
Old 7th August 2012, 17:33   #1526
Senior - BHPian

I find the marketing strategy of Ford India extremely strange to say the least . They are running a fairly aggressive Ad campaign on Ford Classic ( old Fiesta) with full page Ads in newspaper and radio and in contrast they have gone completely silent on Fiesta. Honestly I would expected much better airwave support for Fiesta with possibly better pricing and more updates - I am surprised that Ford has chosen not to give it adequate support and instead channelise resources to a model which is already 5-6 years old and should be up for a phase out
Old 28th August 2012, 19:02   #1527
BHPian

Did anybody have a chance to change the new Fiesta's tyres.
Turns out the factory fitted GoodYear NCT5 195/60/R15 tyres are out of stock / no supply all over Bangalore. We had a tough time finding a replacement for a damaged tyre and the solution for this was to replace it to a similar specification & thread pattern tyre available only from Yokohama. The dealer has assured no problems. Guess its a wait and watch.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 28th August 2012 at 19:06.
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:41   #1528
BHPian

What is the Ground Clearance of New Ford Fiesta? cause im planning to buy it, but im in confusion cause currently im using Fiat Grande Punto which scraps at bad roads, will this Fiesta also do the same? please help me in this?
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:05   #1529
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgudale View Post
What is the Ground Clearance of New Ford Fiesta? cause im planning to buy it, but im in confusion cause currently im using Fiat Grande Punto which scraps at bad roads, will this Fiesta also do the same? please help me in this?
The GC of the Fiesta is 165 mm. The lowest point of the car is its front. The plastic strip at the bottom of the front bumper is the lowest part and scrapes bad roads.

Once the front is safely through, the car will not bottom out, unless it is a steep speed breaker. I would suggest you to take a test drive of the car in roads where your GP scrapes its bottom.

If GC is your priority, you could buy the new Linea or the SX4 or look at the Duster. But none of the cars will give you the kind of driving pleasure the Fiesta would offer...
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:03   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgudale View Post
Though it is I would like to make you aware of the Linea/Punto GC increment kit (if you haven't heard of it earlier). At a cost of around 12K you would be able to overcome this problem (if that is only the problemn) & continue to enjoy your car.

You can refer further details in this thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10-000-a.html
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks