Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2013, 19:09   #1666
BHPian

Bingo!!!! Got the reply to the email sent to MD email ID. Here it is

---------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Ford India. Greetings from our President.
We wish to inform you that at present we do not have any concrete information as such on the production line diversion or stoppage of production of Fiesta. We request you to get in touch with the dealership for further more clarification.
Please feel free to contact Mr. Philips GM Sales of our dealership @ 9769883330/ us for any other assistance. Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & Regards
Ramya
FIL – President's Desk
Toll Free no 1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital
-----------------------------------------------

So I guess I am interested to buy so I have to fight and buy. What kind of business is this?

Anyways I will keep you all updated on the happenings. Meanwhile sales person gave me option to book ecosport with 25k dp and if I don't like the I can move it Fiesta.

It's just going round and round without any traction.
Old 21st June 2013, 19:31   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Bingo!!!! Got the reply to the email sent to MD email ID. Here it is

Thank you for contacting Ford India. Greetings from our President.
We wish to inform you that at present we do not have any concrete information as such on the production line diversion or stoppage of production of Fiesta.
Well, seems like the dealer wants to get rid of that Style AT he has on his hands. Thus he has made up such a story. Considering that it is a petrol AT version of a car that sells very small numbers as it is, the dealer is scared it will get stuck with him and become unsellable. I have to sympathise with the dealer in such a case.

But you go ahead and get that Titanuim AT.
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:38   #1668
BHPian

Another twist, test drove Ecosport and booked Titanium auto. Fiesta chapter closed. A sell not done due to dealer tactics.

Thank you Ford. Whatever I am still loyal to you.
Old 25th June 2013, 04:09   #1669
BHPian

Is there someone who has installed a Diesel tuning box in their TDCi cars ?

If so, what is the increase in boost ? manufacturer ?

If not, has anyone heard about one for the 1.5 TDCi ?

Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 10:43   #1670
BHPian

You can try Race Dynamics Diesel Tronics.

I had that in my 2010 Fiesta TDCi 1.4.

You can experience good gain in the performance in P1 mode. Say 15% at least. The revving becomes more smooth.

I did not face any issue with other parts of the engine. The box gets mounted with a wiring harness on common rail. So u just bypass the stock ECU.

While giving for service you can switch it to S mode (stock) and it is untraceable.

More over you can get the box reprogrammed for your next car too.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:03   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Another twist, test drove Ecosport and booked Titanium auto. Fiesta chapter closed. A sell not done due to dealer tactics.

Thank you Ford. Whatever I am still loyal to you.
Firebird, I am sure you must have by now extensively tested both Ecosport and New Fiesta. Have you found any differences? I mean in case of driving dynamics/handling, ride, comfort, NVH, engine power/performance etc? I am switching from Ecosport AT to Fiesta AT because of the non availability of Ecosport AT for an year, per most dealers. I test drove only Fiesta and found good enough.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:48   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post

Firebird, I am sure you must have by now extensively tested both Ecosport and New Fiesta. Have you found any differences? I mean in case of driving dynamics/handling, ride, comfort, NVH, engine power/performance etc? I am switching from Ecosport AT to Fiesta AT because of the non availability of Ecosport AT for an year, per most dealers. I test drove only Fiesta and found good enough.
Bingo. You said it mate. I am doing that too. Driving dynamics is FIESTA. you cannot compare It with Ecosport as Fiesta is better handler. The catch is there are no Titanium AT left in stock and FORD is also not sending as they busy with Ecosport. The choice I have is Style AT. There are lot many standing in factory in Chennai per dealer, so I can get any colour I want. The another catch is all from 2012. The discount started with 60K and has reached till 70k. I said push more 15 to 20k. They said we share 50% of alloy wheels price of 32 k = 16k

The question is should I or should I not. I liked it in all respect.

I am not a MP3 fan hence I am good with absence of USB. Voice command I will miss. alloys and leather I can get. Auto fold mirrors I am not a fan. So I am confused.

Mumbai OTR is 11.17 less 70 k = 10.47
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:58   #1673
BHPian

Guys, I am dropping off FIESTA plan too after Ecosport attempt. Not that I did not like the car, I liked very much and even wanted to buy.

There are too many compromises I am doing just to be loyal with FORD.

1. Not getting Titanium and need to settle for Style
2. Not getting the colour of Choice. Wanted Kinetic blue option is white
3. Wanted 2013 vehicle and getting 2012 nov Vehicle.
4. Asked Dealer to pass on depreciation benefit and make the discount of 1L but it is still 70k.

So finally I am moving away from Ford. Mostly it HONDA gain.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:01   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am dropping off FIESTA plan too after Ecosport attempt. Not that I did not like the car, I liked very much and even wanted to buy.

There are too many compromises I am doing just to be loyal with FORD.

1. Not getting Titanium and need to settle for Style
2. Not getting the colour of Choice. Wanted Kinetic blue option is white
3. Wanted 2013 vehicle and getting 2012 nov Vehicle.
4. Asked Dealer to pass on depreciation benefit and make the discount of 1L but it is still 70k.

So finally I am moving away from Ford. Mostly it HONDA gain.
10.72 + 50% off on alloy wheels (15.5K off 31K) + park sensor 3.5K free + essential pack 4.5 free

This is the latest I got from my dealer. The total benefit stands at about 90K now. I guess it may go up to a little over 1L. Then the question would be, does it worth the compromises you have already mentioned plus USB which I will be missing? I may finalize only if the total savings go beyond say 1.3L or so. A fellow Team-BHPian says it should go up to 1.5L. That's the situation with Fiesta sales now.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:02   #1675
BHPian

Quote:

10.72 + 50% off on alloy wheels (15.5K off 31K) + park sensor 3.5K free + essential pack 4.5 free

This is the latest I got from my dealer. The total benefit stands at about 90K now. I guess it may go up to a little over 1L. Then the question would be, does it worth the compromises you have already mentioned plus USB which I will be missing? I may finalize only if the total savings go beyond say 1.3L or so. A fellow Team-BHPian says it should go up to 1.5L. That's the situation with Fiesta sales now.
I was very clear that if I am buying 2012 make, discount has to cross 1 L. In my case even 1.10 L would have sealed the deal. Looks like dealers might be getting novice buyers who would not even demand more discount, hence this attitude on a non-mover.

This is past now, expecting refund of 50K on Saturday.

The final confirmed move is now Honda City automatic V sunroof.

Bye bye FORD for 4 yrs of peaceful ownership experience.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:10   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the latest I got from my dealer. The total benefit stands at about 90K now.
I took a test drive of Fiesta AT. Enjoyed driving it. I currently own a Getz CRDi and i felt performance of fiesta was very good. Was very happy when using Cruise control but was not sure the use of L mode in real world driving conditions.
Sales executive of Elite ford was not aware of delivery times and neither was aware of discounts. He said he can offer free insurance which was applicable to all fiesta models. I have asked him to have a word with his manager.
Which dealer did offer discount and freebies? Is it for 2013 or 2012 model?
Old 4th July 2013, 19:32   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
I was very clear that if I am buying 2012 make, discount has to cross 1 L. In my case even 1.10 L would have sealed the deal. Looks like dealers might be getting novice buyers who would not even demand more discount, hence this attitude on a non-mover.

This is past now, expecting refund of 50K on Saturday.

The final confirmed move is now Honda City automatic V sunroof.

Bye bye FORD for 4 yrs of peaceful ownership experience.
I can understand the frustration. But after so many years of satisfaction with Ford, don't you think you should give a try again? In my experience of driving a Honda city not less than 20K kms and a short drive of about 15 kms of Fiesta really moved my mind. I am not just referring to the thrill of driving a Ford with so much of handling its also has a planted, comfortable ride that I have experienced in my test drive. These two are almost absent in City. Yeah, mildly broken roads Honda manages but when it comes to some really broken stretches Honda losses its composure. It's not just bring down the comfort level but you get tired over the time. May be as the name suggest City is after all a car meant for city driving :-)

But I will agree to one fact that Honda will have far better customer satisfaction in ASS department compared to Ford. So does it manages a higher resale value compared to most other brands.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:35   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I took a test drive of Fiesta AT. Enjoyed driving it. I currently own a Getz CRDi and i felt performance of fiesta was very good. Was very happy when using Cruise control but was not sure the use of L mode in real world driving conditions.
Sales executive of Elite ford was not aware of delivery times and neither was aware of discounts. He said he can offer free insurance which was applicable to all fiesta models. I have asked him to have a word with his manager.
Which dealer did offer discount and freebies? Is it for 2013 or 2012 model?
Not sure if 2012 model. I was having the impression that it's all 2013 models as this is already past mid 2013. Anyways, the dealer is Elite. I suppose they will start throwing discounts only after they see we are serious. In my case it took two three visits and not less than a dozen phone calls :-)
Old 4th July 2013, 20:09   #1679
BHPian

Quote:

I can understand the frustration. But after so many years of satisfaction with Ford, don't you think you should give a try again?.
I know it handles brilliantly on any surface, thats why was hell bent on Ford, even though better half said Honda. Now have no face to try and suggest anything else.

I tried not once but three times

First started with Fiesta. Knowing that I will not get titanium started thinking again

Second made up mind and was ready for Ecosport, made 50 k DP. The fiasco Ford did with automatic and started thinking again.

Third time made up my mind for Style Variant too. Then the rest all u know.

So no more tries. Tried VW too, they never got back to me.

So fate is sealed now.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:51   #1680
BHPian

I have found another difference between the two models (style and titanium plus) today as I have got a chance to see a style variant today. The front seats of titanium plus is kind of sporty and has more thigh support an it really hugs you tight which is really good. Whereas the style's front seats are basic. My question is, if its possible to get the same sporty design while putting after market leather on top?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford_fiesta_01.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20120813_dash.jpg  

Last edited by alexanish : 6th July 2013 at 22:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks