Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 08:04   #1726
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Hi experts and owners, I'm planning to get myself new Fiesta style TDCi and need your help with the following queries:

1. AUX: Style variant has only AUX, no USB. If I connect Apple iPod to AUX, can I start playing music and skip the tracks on iPod using steering mounted controls? If I change the mode from FM (Radio) to AUX mode will the iPod start playing music by itself or I have to manually start music in iPod?

2. Bluetooth: How easy it is to add bluetooth adapter to the Head Unit and integrate it with steering mounted controls? I know there are some standalone bluetooth devices which can be mounted on sun visor but I'm more interested in a integrated solution.

3. USB: Similarly, is it possible to add USB to the Head unit and integrate play/skip tracks using steering controls?

Please mention the approximate cost as well for queries 2 & 3.

Thank you.
Old 22nd December 2013, 10:45   #1727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Hi experts and owners, I'm planning to get myself new Fiesta style TDCi and need your help with the following queries:

--------------------------------SNIP---------------------------------

Thank you.
You cant control your device through the AUX cable in the car.
Bluetooth/USB, I think youd be better off replacing the HU with integrated functionality and get harnesses for integrating the existing Steering control.
All in all, look up HUs that people have managed to connect to the steering controls, here and on other forums, and pick that up. This after-market jugaad of trying to add BT and USB will end up in frustration, in my opinion.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 11:09   #1728
BHPian

IMHO, it is not possible to do the above modifications on the factory fitted ICE of the Fiesta. Ford uses propietory communication over automotive CAN/LIN protocol to communicate between the Steering switches, the Multifunctional Display and the Audio Head Unit which makes integration of aftermarket accesories to the existing system almost impossible.

The only way is to replace the entire factory fitted ICE system with some aftermarket solution which comes with your desired features. (I remember CASKA was coming with an integrated solution for the Ecosport which should be similar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post

1. AUX: Style variant has only AUX, no USB. If I connect Apple iPod to AUX, can I start playing music and skip the tracks on iPod using steering mounted controls? If I change the mode from FM (Radio) to AUX mode will the iPod start playing music by itself or I have to manually start music in iPod?

You have to manually start audio in the Ipod. With an AUX port the headunit has no control over the incoming audio. The head unit does not know whether it is an ipod or any other media player connected to the port.

2. Bluetooth: How easy it is to add bluetooth adapter to the Head Unit and integrate it with steering mounted controls? I know there are some standalone bluetooth devices which can be mounted on sun visor but I'm more interested in a integrated solution.

Not possible to add a BT adaptor to the existing ICE. Reasons are
a) The Multifunctional Display (MFD) has internal configuration settings which says it does not have USB and Voice as peripherals. It is difficult to tweak that setting.
b) There is no physical port of the Audio unit where you can connect an external BT Dongle/USB

3. USB: Similarly, is it possible to add USB to the Head unit and integrate play/skip tracks using steering controls?

Same as the previous point

Thank you.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 12:37   #1729
BHPian

Thank you mayankk and JollyPope for the information.

I really liked Fiesta as a car, but the style variant doesn't have basic features like USB and Bluetooth which turned me off. These might look like small features but it destroys the overall experience of driving the car. I don't want to get in car everyday and press ton of buttons just to listen to music. I being a tech freak want to happen everything in one click

If I was offered Fiesta Titanium (which has USB, Bluetooth) in my budget I would buy it in blink of an eye. Anyway, since I'm going to wait for my EcoSport delivery for 6 more months, I'm hoping Ford would announce 2014 Fiesta with sensible pricing.
Old 20th March 2014, 19:39   #1730

Hi Guys, I would like to share my experiences with my Fiesta Classic at 25,000 kms.

Model : Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4L Duratorq TDCi
Year of Purchase : Aug 2011
Modifications : Zeki Alloys only
Mileage : 19kmpl avg. City (Bumper to Bumper with A/C) : 16 kmpl
Highway (avg speed of 90 kmph) : 21 kmpl

I have serviced the car 3 times so far and no problems with any of the systems. I take care to shift to always between the 1500 to 2000 rpm and cruise in the turbo region (>2500 rpm) as much as possible. This accounts for my good mileage in the city (coupled with early morning office timings and an outer ring road (Bangalore) commute). The mileage jumped by 2 kmpl after my installation of alloys at 11000 kms (gave time for the tires and therefore the car handling characteristics to settle down).

In the past half year I have been on several ghat drives with team bhp and the handling of the car is simply brilliant! The amazing chassis and suspension gives me the confidence to throw her around the curves knowing full well that I can cope with anything the terrain throws at me! The only negative for me would be the lack of power in the straights. The car peaks out at 140 kmph (3500 rpm).

One would think that after nearly three years, some of the fun would have worn off, but I'm enjoying my drives more than ever now. The car is still in top shape (albeit with a slight increase in engine noise). She is still so impressive that one of my colleagues test drove and immediately booked a new car at Elite Ford (Fiesta Classic Petrol). He was enormously benefited by the recent price drop in the model but most of all he wanted a fun car to drive!

All in all an excellent family car and my best friend on the road.
Old 14th April 2014, 15:40   #1731
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford discontinues Fiesta, booking for 2014 model to commence soon.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...soon-12842.htm
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 00:14   #1732
BHPian

Hi,

I've crossed 36,000 km on my petrol fiesta (yes, I drive a lot for a petrol car owner), and the tires are showing their age. Looks like the time is near for a change. Can any of the owners recommend the right brand to go for? Ford service is quoting around Rs 4800 - 5000 per goodyear. Plus I may have to align and balance the wheel as well. Is that a good deal?

The spare still stays brand new. Though it is of a smaller size. Do I retain it or replace it with one of the older properly sized tires? Would it fit in the space provided in the boot?

Thanks in advance,
Hypermiler
Old 17th April 2014, 09:40   #1733

Hi Hypermiler,

We have an excellent shop here in Bangalore for all things tire related run by a fellow BHPian. If you are coming to bangalore any time I would strongly suggest you visit the shop. It has THE best instruments/machines in the country and the guys there are extremely professional.
The owner's name is Nikhil.B. Contact No. 9008400738. Call him up, tell him you are a fellow BHPian. He will definitely help you out, be it with advice or purchase or WA/WB/road force or Alloys.
Hope it helps .
Old 17th April 2014, 13:45   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Guess its the right time for you to get rid of the shoddy NCT5s. Dont get them from the dealership, I will be surprised if they have a working tyre fitting kits. They would probably take your car to a dealer to get the fitting done.

You can check the Chennai directory for list of tyre dealers. I frequently visit Raja Tyres and Tyrestore. Speak to them for options and decide where the place where you get the best deal on the tyres.

Look at these options when you check.
1. Bridgestone MY02
2. Michelin XM2
3. Michelin MPLC
4. Pirelli P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Hypermiler
Old 17th April 2014, 14:59   #1735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I've crossed 36,000 km on my petrol fiesta (yes, I drive a lot for a petrol car owner), and the tires are showing their age. Looks like the time is near for a change. Can any of the owners recommend the right brand to go for? Ford service is quoting around Rs 4800 - 5000 per goodyear. Plus I may have to align and balance the wheel as well. Is that a good deal? ...
Never opt for such things from the dealer unless you have NO option. They will charge thru the roof. I'll suggest looking at the directory here and then go to a reputed guy. Even wheel alignment & balancing is better done by experts.

My suggestion will be Michelin if you can afford. Bridgestone will be nice, but will have some road noise. Alternately, you can check for MRF ZLO as well - good reviews and a very decent price. Between, which tyre are you running currently and howz the noise levels inside the cabin beyond 100 kmph? I know the insulation is top class in Fiesta - but still.
Old 17th April 2014, 22:01   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My suggestion will be Michelin if you can afford. Bridgestone will be nice, but will have some road noise. Alternately, you can check for MRF ZLO as well - good reviews and a very decent price. Between, which tyre are you running currently and howz the noise levels inside the cabin beyond 100 kmph? I know the insulation is top class in Fiesta - but still.
Current ride is on stock Goodyears. Noise level is acceptable over 100 kmph. Some noise does filter through. Though, noise control is very good at lower speeds. My personal realization is, Goodyear tires lasts 35,000 km which might be lower than other brands. Observed similar scenario with my older car as well in terms of time span.
Old 29th April 2014, 15:42   #1737
BHPian

A friend of mine in Hyderabad needs to get his 2006 Fiesta TDCi's engine rebored at an independent/private garage considering Ford SVC would be a expensive option.

The car has done close to 150,000 km on the odo.

Suggestions and recommendations are welcome and also inputs from those who have done reboring at Ford SVC center on the costs side.

- Srinath
Old 29th April 2014, 21:02   #1738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Current ride is on stock Goodyears. Noise level is acceptable over 100 kmph. Some noise does filter through. Though, noise control is very good at lower speeds. My personal realization is, Goodyear tires lasts 35,000 km which might be lower than other brands. Observed similar scenario with my older car as well in terms of time span.
During the whole of my Fusion ownership (nearly 100K), I was fully on Goodyear GT3. It did have noise coming on. But for 80-100 like speeds on the highway, it was quite OK for the price I paid. I changed my first set at about 45K and the second set at 90K. During the second change, I realised that Michellin pricing had shot through the roof (Primacy LC) and hence decided to stick to GT3.
Old 30th April 2014, 00:18   #1739
BHPian

Switched to Mitchellin xm2 yesterday @ Lal enterprises, Chennai. Costed 5950 INR per tyre plus alignment and balancing. Noise levels are lower now (similar to the goodyears when they were new). On the other hand, who cares if there is road noise when the excellent ICE drowns everything else!

Was one of the first to visit shop yesterday and the whole process was done under an hour.
Old 25th September 2014, 19:54   #1740
BHPian

Hi guys,

So I am looking at another car and this time I want an automatic. I was really keen on getting myself a used Honda Civic but I am not sure if I should be getting that old a car. Then during my research over the past two months I set my eyes on Ford Fiesta. I totally love the car! Issue is that the new face-lift isnt available in automatic. I have a second hand car 2012 model. The car fits my budget but I am told that the mileage of automatic Fiesta is too low -- 6-7 kmpl.

I have also shortlisted a couple of Ford Fiestas 2011 models (prior to the 2014 face-lift). The cars are available for cheap but I am really concerned about their mileage as well. The guy says his car delivers 11-12 kmpl.

I was wondering that since the difference between the 2011 and 2014 versions of Fiesta is cosmetic how come the mileage varies so much? How can a two year old car's mileage drop to 11-12 kmph? The new Fiesta, yes its diesel, says to give 25 kmpl (ARAI). Yes, the actual mileage will be lower than that but definitely not in the range of 11-12 as the two year of Fiesta is giving.

I am really confused at the moment and I would love if the Fiesta 2011-2012 manual and automatic owners could tell me the mileages of their cars.

The reason why I am looking at used Fiesta is that the deals are good and I dont even have 12 lakh to spend on a new car. I love the way Fiesta drives and want a car like that.

I really want an automatic this time but will settle for a manual Fiesta if the mileage difference between manual and automatic is huge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks